Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 2021 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It may be another cold day but with everyone together, it seems everyone can get by just fine.

Lol @ the small bits of fan service. Classy. However, I think this episode did a decent at job showcasing how everyone is adapting with the cold days.
Jun 16, 2021 7:31 AM

May 2011
I gotta say this episode must be the dumbest thing I've seen in a while...
> calls her koguma instead of emergency numbers
> koguma doesn't even call for an ambulance or police
> letting Shii ride on the basket
> all the cub talking makes it sound like they all have brain problems

like hell Shii fell off a cliff! She could have had a broken bone somewhere, but no! Just take a bath and you'll be fine... It started with breaking the laws which slowly escalated to other things I just don't know what this anime is trying to do.
Jun 16, 2021 8:00 AM

Apr 2010
Seeing Chii being shy while Reika was walking around half naked without a care in the world was funny, Koguma did know how to deal with her tho.
Koguma staying so stoic even when rescuing Chii was a bit awkward tho, but that's just the way she is.
Still it was nice of her to help out even even offer a place to stay for the night with a hot bath.
Reiko also helped out but she was clearly treating the place like her own but for her the same applies as Koguma, it's just the way she is.
Jun 16, 2021 8:16 AM

Apr 2016
Yo The fucking Vivaldi at the beginning lol.

Also what the hell just happened in this episode, Dear God Lord someone take the driving licenses from these girls already.
Jun 16, 2021 8:26 AM

Feb 2020
I'm glad she's okay.

Nice Vivaldi by the way, hehe.

SerafosJan 13, 3:27 AM
Jun 16, 2021 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
On a cold Winter's night, Koguma is done for the day, but Shii got herself into mortal danger on the cat trail, all while playing the classic Vivaldi in the background, and Koguma didin't call the police or ambulance? Koguma carrying Shii in the front basket of her Super Cub...eh that's not how you transport injured people. All this "drama" just to claim the part that the girls are instinctively brain-dead.
--> DK about the LN, but the manga is explicit that Shii tells Koguma not to call for help.

Anyways, with that "horrific" accident out of the way, Koguma treats Shii with utmost care back at her home...and a wee bit of fanservice, while munching on curry udon. Oh look, Shii has recovered fully...slightly, but her Alex Moulton bike is fully totaled in the harsh Winter season, and the desperate need for Spring to come immediately with a new granny bike as replacement.

As soon as Winter came and went, Spring will come "in a little while" soon, and sightseeing the cherry blossoms as a significant start to the new season, already looking forward to the future with their Super Cubs. An introduction, a middle, then a strong ground.

Ths episode came and went by quite fast.
Jun 16, 2021 8:37 AM

Feb 2019
So glad Shii is ok. Some really sweet moments with she and Koguma today. Overall all 3 of the girls have shown an incredible amount of growth since we first met them. Sad there’s only a little more of this show to go, definitely been one of the biggest surprises of the season for me
Marinate1016Jun 16, 2021 8:41 AM
Jun 16, 2021 8:42 AM

Oct 2018
Reiko horsing around naked at Koguma's house.

THEY ARE A COUPLE
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 16, 2021 8:48 AM

Jun 2019
Koguma got there on time and rescued Shii chan and I'm glad that Shii is alright. I don't know how to feel about carrying someone in the front of the bike in the winter when you just came out of cold water. LOL. But hey, they managed to hang out at Koguma's place.

I felt very bad for Shii and her bike. The poor girl was crying. Shii's parents gave Koguma and Reiko a one-year free pass of coffee and sandwiches as a token of appreciation for saving their daughter. Well, they're going to Kogushima to see Cherry Blossoms.
Jun 16, 2021 8:57 AM

Jun 2011
The beginning felt goofy rather than serious. But, oh well...
I'm going to Super Cope.
Jun 16, 2021 8:59 AM
Jul 2017
Last episode next week NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
Jun 16, 2021 9:01 AM

Apr 2014
Gladfully, Shii is safe. Isn't Shii too small? She can even fit into the front basket.
A few drama moments from Shii when she loses her bike. I hope that Koguma and Reiko will bring back her happiness soon with the sakura.
Will they really go to Kagoshima next? That's more than 1,000 km from their home.

Phosphophyllita said:
THEY ARE A COUPLE

Couldn't agree more ๐Ÿ˜
ไฝ•ใใ‚Œ๏ผŸๆ„ๅ‘ณๅˆ†ใ‹ใ‚“ใชใ„
Jun 16, 2021 9:12 AM

Dec 2010
So they censored the undressing and naked Reiko huh...
Jun 16, 2021 9:18 AM

Oct 2017
Koguma actually put Shii on her front basket lol. Kinda surprised Shii didn't get hurt at all after that fall while are bike is no longer usable. Aside that another gentle episode with a bit bitterness.

One more episode to go, looking forward to the finale.
Jun 16, 2021 9:35 AM

Jul 2020
Swagernator said:
Yo The fucking Vivaldi at the beginning lol.

Yeah I was stunned too

reminds me of John wick III continental Scene lol
Jun 16, 2021 9:36 AM

Mar 2016
What the fuck. Are they serious with this 'you have to do it yourself' shit. "I didn't call for help." Is she a sadist?

Seriously what the fuck. Shii should just cut ties with these people, they're idiots (and most likely sociopaths). Incredibly dumb episode.
syncrogazerJun 16, 2021 9:52 AM
Jun 16, 2021 9:43 AM

Jun 2019
Did she just slap an injured person lol.
Jun 16, 2021 9:44 AM
Mar 2011
syncrogazer said:
What the fuck. Are they serious with this 'you have to do it yourself' shit and the slapping? "I didn't call for help." Is she a sadist?

In fact slapping is OK, it's a short shock that causes body to became active again for a short period of time. When one is losing consciousness it's one of the ways to get it back. Medics do this too.
Jun 16, 2021 9:53 AM

Mar 2016
ArdRaeiss said:
syncrogazer said:
What the fuck. Are they serious with this 'you have to do it yourself' shit and the slapping? "I didn't call for help." Is she a sadist?

In fact slapping is OK, it's a short shock that causes body to became active again for a short period of time. When one is losing consciousness it's one of the ways to get it back. Medics do this too.

Yeah, I thought about this after I posted and edited that bit out. Other than that, it's still an awful scene.
Jun 16, 2021 9:59 AM

Oct 2019
ImmortalZero said:

like hell Shii fell off a cliff! She could have had a broken bone somewhere, but no! Just take a bath and you'll be fine... It started with breaking the laws which slowly escalated to other things I just don't know what this anime is trying to do.

That’s exactly what I thought when I watching it lmfao
Jun 16, 2021 10:01 AM
Apr 2020
Little Italian was saved and my depression is cured till next Wednesday
Jun 16, 2021 10:03 AM

May 2021
DarkDooM2 said:
So they censored the undressing and naked Reiko huh...

What are you expecting?
This anime needs to stay comfy with lesser fanservice moments.
Jun 16, 2021 10:07 AM
Jul 2020
All good anime must have pantsu. And now we got it!
Jun 16, 2021 10:08 AM
Mar 2021
ImmortalZero said:

Came here to say this. Also, she seemed to show psychopath levels of concern for her friend, meaning none. May be best she stick to cubs only after all.
indisa09Jun 16, 2021 10:21 AM
Jun 16, 2021 10:13 AM
Mar 2021
Serafos said:
I'm glad she's okay.

Nice Vivaldi by the way, lol...

The best slice of life of the season is coming to an end. :( 1 episode left...

Fruits Basket is airing right now, just saying ..
Jun 16, 2021 10:14 AM
Dec 2018
Don't get me wrong, I love this show but I strongly dislike this episode. I guess there is no 911 in Japan but still it's mind boggling to watch they didn't even try to reach out the police or her parents first. This is a big no no for a series try to be slice of life also it's greatly out of character for Koguma. This kind of behavior seriously could harm people.
Jun 16, 2021 10:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was so sad for Shii to be honest, I felt really bad for her when she was laying down in the river... at least she got saved but it would be better if they called the police to be honest, and she even got slapped xD poor girl, it's also sad for her bike :/
Jun 16, 2021 10:30 AM
ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
@Bbqbear Okay, that's a lot better to know! What was the anime crew thinking, lol?

Also, Kougama-san just put Shii-chan on the basket? There's a significant chance that one could break a bone or two by falling from a cliff, honestly. Like many above, the whole segment certainly more goofy to me as well.

Rest of the episode however, it's back to the usual stuff which is good.

Off to Kagoshima next? Boy, that's going to be a long journey.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 16, 2021 10:37 AM
Jun 2019
For once I actually recognised the orchestral piece playing in the background.

Literally no urgency in rescuing Shii there, Koguma just walked up, said "don't be such a baby, ribs grow back," and stood there for a hot minute making calls.

I don't even want to comment on putting someone in a bike basket, since episode 5 I've come to accept the bullshit and just enjoy the anime Honda ad as is.

Moulton, you've been a real good bike. You've stuck with Shii through thick and thin, through summer heat and winter cold, through rocky roads and muddy trails. You've been a friend as dear as any other, always by Shii's side, 'til the bitter end. Your journey with Shii may be over, but there's still a long road ahead of you in bike-paradise. Ride on, Moulton; you've been a real good bike, maybe even the best.
Jun 16, 2021 10:40 AM

Mar 2019
A cub cannot save everything sadly...

hmm free sandwich and coffee for a year sounds good...but I mean you wouldn't charge your friends anyway or? Well it's still a business in the end...

Ngl this is one of the most relaxing CGDCT and it's quite sad ending next week already...
Jun 16, 2021 10:43 AM

Sep 2018
This episode made me facepalm so hard.

A good atmosphere is more important than good writing in this kind of anime and that's why I still think it's above average, but I'll have to lower the score from 9 to 8.
Jun 16, 2021 11:03 AM
Feb 2018
Shii-chan in oversized clothes is far more cute than an average Shii-chan (which in and of itself is quite a high bar)

Phosphophyllita said:

THEY ARE A COUPLE

also, this ↑↑↑
Jun 16, 2021 11:11 AM

Jan 2021
vivaldi over an akira slide super cub advertisement episode with mind boggling decision making.
i will pretend this episode didn't happen.
่ฒ ใ‘ใŸใใชใ„

Jun 16, 2021 11:24 AM

Oct 2010
Did they air this episode with proper warning?
geptorJun 16, 2021 11:59 AM
Jun 16, 2021 11:31 AM

Feb 2021
Just an another normal episode before ending, liked it
Jun 16, 2021 11:38 AM

Jan 2013
i appreciate the usage of Vivaldi here
thats the only thing i like from this episode. everything else is dumb with the way the situations were handled which is a shame bc the show was fine up until this point
Jun 16, 2021 12:01 PM

Mar 2008
Not only that this episode was animated by the "B Team", it was even more obvious to me that the script needed one or two more rewrites.
This episode was terrible, I wrote a long rant explaining why but I'm not in the mood to translate to "gringo speak" now, so maybe latter.
Jun 16, 2021 12:04 PM

Jul 2015
"My Super Cub is coming to the rescue"

Koguma got a year of free bread and sandwiches after attempting to murder Shii lmao, everything she did there was a terrible idea, didn't even call for an ambulance for someone freezing to death, put Shii in the basket in front of the windshield for even more cold hitting her... I'm dying.

Rest of the episode was alright but that scene felt so absurdly forced and out of place, only missed a "that wouldn't have happened if you had a Super Cub."
Jun 16, 2021 12:05 PM

Jul 2015
Well, it's nice to see Koguma trying and everything ending up being well, but she was completely incompetent.
Not sure why she was stalling so much, while in case of hypothermia every second matters.

Btw, It's funny to see you guys expecting SNK level of writing, in this clearly goofy SOL, who is mainly focusing on it's twist. Xd
PiromyslJun 16, 2021 12:13 PM

Jun 16, 2021 12:08 PM

Jan 2019
What a joke and disappointment. It just getting worse and worse. Does dialogues makes sense anymore? Like that last one about cherry blossom?
MC is pretty autistic, thats for sure.

I mean, i liked this series up to 9th episode. It was fine. I liked that realistic take, and some kind of immersion... But now, what the hell is going on here.
Jun 16, 2021 12:12 PM

Apr 2020
The way she does everything with zero emotion. ๐Ÿคฃ
Jun 16, 2021 12:31 PM

May 2021
I dont get how she couldnt stand by herself but then she could climb something. I thought that she had some broken bones or something like that but was it the cold water? That wouldnt make sense either because she could have stand by herself anyways. Like I could get irrational decisions but that still confuses me and seems like just a forced way to input some SUPER CUB SUPERPOWERS into action. The dialogue around the cub are cringe as always, but the atmosphere was cute so i dont care

Jun 16, 2021 12:39 PM

Sep 2016
ImmortalZero said:

Thanks I'm happy to read this and to know that I wasn't the only one who felt that way during the Episode, terrible what a waste of time.
Jun 16, 2021 12:41 PM
Nov 2013
I thought for a second when Koguma arrived to help there will be some Super Cub accessory involved to pull Shii out from the super dangerous ankle-deep water. Turns out the selling point is the basket! ๐Ÿ˜‚
Jun 16, 2021 1:04 PM

Nov 2016
She put the poor girl in the basket. Shii ain't Nezuko. Komura probably has watched too much Demon Slayer. That's what you call peak autism.

Jokes aside, the episode wasn't too bad.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 16, 2021 1:13 PM
Aug 2020
I loved the use of Vivaldi in the beginning, but the main girl is not even a human being. What was with that reaction?
Jun 16, 2021 1:21 PM

Jan 2011
Just this stupid episode, such great anime, and who the f had the idea of doing this crap...
Jun 16, 2021 1:37 PM

Nov 2012
For majority of this show's run I've seen people declare this show an iyashikei (healing) anime but I never fully felt that watching this. Maybe in the initially few episodes when Koguma was brightening up due to her Cub yeah, but this episode just felt extremely off. There have been plenty of other occasions where this show has done thing most iyashikei anime definitely wouldn't have.

Koguma wtf are you doing you should have called an ambulance.

Koguma's behavior in the novel is apparently highly questionable at times as well.
https://twitter.com/BuddyWaters/status/1396214072719278081
Super Cub, the novel
In a chapter that sadly didn't make the anime, Koguma spots a boy with a flat tire, and changes it for him. But he talks about his Cub like it's a cool toy his dad bought for him, so when he tries to buy her lunch she kicks him in the kneecap and drives away.
VanishingKiraJun 16, 2021 1:49 PM
Jun 16, 2021 1:45 PM

Aug 2019
yeah I’ve had it up to here with Koguma’s personally lmao, does she just not know how fast someone can develop hypothermia? “nah fuck calling ambulance or any assistance for that matter I’ll take you home on the basket in front of my scooter”
snowykevinJun 16, 2021 1:50 PM
Jun 16, 2021 1:59 PM

Mar 2020
What will a show about bikes be without at least 1 Akira slide
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2021

126 by Vene »»
May 27, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2021

106 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 30, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2021

73 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 29, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Super Cub Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2021

90 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 29, 12:12 AM

» So how many episodes did you make it before buying a Super Cub? ( 1 2 )

Skarker25 - Apr 24, 2021

50 by ninjaberserker »»
Apr 28, 9:59 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.