Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 8, 2021 4:28 PM
Jul 2020
I really love season 2 and i just found out that people hate OPMS2 2 weeks ago and i still don't know why its hated
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 8, 2021 4:57 PM
Apr 2018
Personally the Animation. If youre making opm anime the animation needs to be top tier just look at he manga panels art is top tier anime needs to be top tier aswell.
Apr 8, 2021 5:01 PM

Jan 2020
Because of the drop in animation/production

Apr 8, 2021 5:01 PM
Feb 2019
It’s definitely the animation and how rushed it looks at time. It’s not bad, and it had its moments, but it definitely had a lot to live up to from season 1.
Apr 8, 2021 5:03 PM
Jan 2012
Let me start by saying I love the second season. It introduces Garou and introduces a actual plot line. What people don’t like is that the studio changed so the production isn’t as high tier as season 1’s was. Also there isn’t much Saitama, it focuses more on the side characters and Garou. Also Saitama’s narrative of looking for a strong opponent is trashed entirely in favor of him doing ditzy side quests. However when you think about it, it is hard to make a lingering plot line with a character that kills everything instantly so all of these things that people hate about the second season are all justified imo

Basically people wanted more of the same thing from season one, but the content of the second season was all stuff from manga that was setting up for stuff to come in the long run. Which I am caught up on the manga and I can say that it is totally worth it
Apr 8, 2021 5:28 PM
Jun 2020
Animation quality dropped like crazy. Personally I didn’t really like the villains. Especially the main one cuz one punch man knocked his ass out like four times without even knowing it so it kinda jus made him underwhelming. The big thing for me though would jus be the animation. If there was better animation it wouldn’t have been that bad.
Apr 8, 2021 5:32 PM
Aug 2019
I never got the animation argument. To me this is still high level animation. Some characters just expressed in a different art style. Season 2 is actually my favorite season.
Apr 8, 2021 5:52 PM
Jul 2020
I’m the same! I actually preferred it, left the story was beginning to have more of a direction. Season 1 was great but I got slightly bored because of the plot and considered dropping it
Apr 8, 2021 6:26 PM
Jun 2019
The only reason is because the studio changed from MADHOUSE who also did stuff like Monster, Death Note, and Hunter x Hunter to JC Staff who did stuff like Toradora, Food Wars, and Saiki K and aren’t really known for action anime. So, comparing the amazing animation from season 1 to the decent animation of season 2 is going to make a lot of people pretty disappointed. I personally didn’t mind that much thought and thought that the story was better than season 1’s story but that animation was it’s downfall so most people rate season 1 higher (including me).
Apr 8, 2021 6:26 PM
Apr 2021
ftvdeadmark said:
It’s definitely the animation and how rushed it looks at time. It’s not bad, and it had its moments, but it definitely had a lot to live up to from season 1.
I agree if it was season 2 stand alone it would be a lot better because it didn't have season 1 to live up to I may have worded that wrong
Apr 8, 2021 6:48 PM
Mar 2019
I enjoyed most of season 2, there were some things that did bother me each episode (Some of the characters weren’t well illustrated and every punch in a fight scene had a “distorted” sound effect). But overall, I think people should talk more about the good things of the show imo.
Apr 8, 2021 6:58 PM
May 2019
The plot itself is way better than s1 I would say, JC did a completely shit job with it tho, it gave it that Shokugeki s5 treatment
Apr 8, 2021 6:59 PM
Mar 2021
Because screen sharing of Saitama was too low....he didn't fought to much which was people wishing to watch ..so that's why I Guess ... people hates OPM seoson 2
Apr 8, 2021 7:02 PM
Feb 2019
Grim_the_reaper said:
ftvdeadmark said:
I agree if it was season 2 stand alone it would be a lot better because it didn't have season 1 to live up to I may have worded that wrong
you got it right. I feel really bad for season 2 since it has a lot of hate to it, but I felt really bored for the tournament arc, which is sad because it was one of my favorites. I hope that if there ever is a season 3, it’ll at least be more competent.
Apr 8, 2021 7:03 PM

Jan 2021
In my opinion, it's still alright, but the animation and comedy both declined, and I wasn't invested enough in the plot to make up for it.
Apr 8, 2021 7:08 PM
Apr 2021
Personally, animation has a big downgrade as well as plot wise. Saitama is a character that all ways will win because how he is designed, meaning that your plot can't be winning a fight against someone. For example season one the plot was about being recognized as a hero while season two is defeated Garou and the monsters, knowing these to achieve 12 episodes (when Saitama could deafete them in two) the show pushes Saitama out of the picture avoiding him completely. By that the viewer can feel the plot meaningless or unnecessary.
Oel9646Apr 8, 2021 7:11 PM
Apr 8, 2021 7:47 PM
Feb 2021
The animation/art quality doesn’t even come close of doing justice to the manga and the pacing is terrible and rushes the story. So I hate that it doesn’t capture how good the manga is at all
Apr 8, 2021 7:48 PM
Feb 2021
Everyone read the manga it’s fucking incredible
Apr 8, 2021 7:52 PM
Mar 2021
Drop in animation quality. Another thing to note is that season 1 had 3 arks and was the first season, it set the bar very high. The whole show is centered around an OPMC that is too powerful, so it’s kinda hard to reinvent that over and over. I enjoyed it, but was still upset by the poor animation, lack of Saitama, and overall slowness of pace. After episode 12 all I could say was “4 years for this?!” OVAs weren’t that bad but still come on. One of the biggest grossing anime adaptations of 2015 and we get this?!
Apr 8, 2021 7:54 PM

Aug 2016
Tbh I just think the arc adapted wasn't as strong but that's just me, still enjoyed this season overall though. Couldn't give a shit less about how good/bad the animation was.
Apr 8, 2021 7:57 PM
Mar 2021
Because of very less screen time to our main protagonist
Apr 8, 2021 8:09 PM
Apr 2020
Rein-zama said:
I really love season 2 and i just found out that people hate OPMS2 2 weeks ago and i still don't know why its hated
On own it probably would have been decently received with fewer complaints. The plot is pretty good, even though it many serves as build up for the Monster association. Garou’a introduction is on of the best aspects of the series. The problem starts when you see the comparison in animation and production quality of season 1. The first season was God Tier. Something bad following something mediocre won’t get that bad of a reaction, but something only decent following something perfect will cause outrage. FYI, OPM season 2 was the third anime I watched, following cowboy bebop and OPM1, so at first I didn’t notice the difference, but upon rewatch, I definitely noticed a drop in production quality. I still enjoy it for its narrative.
Apr 8, 2021 8:16 PM
Jul 2020
The animation is pretty deceiving compared to s1 and doesnt live up to the manga
Apr 8, 2021 8:42 PM
Apr 2021
The main baddy is OP and has some major plot armor. That's my only complaint. I still love the 2nd season, but the main Villian being beaten and escaping over and over then magically being more powerful even when injured is, for my personal tastes, annoying.
Apr 8, 2021 9:45 PM

Nov 2020
For me it’s more than that. I loved one punch man cause if the humour and how unique it was. I feel like the animation, humour and uniqueness was destroyed in S2. It became a generic anime with a generic story. The only thing I loved about season 2 was garou
Na, Hashiru No Suki Ka?

Apr 8, 2021 9:50 PM

Jan 2009
the animation is so bad compared to the first season
Apr 8, 2021 9:59 PM
Jan 2021
I love s02 but it's less good as s01. S01 have lot of action sequence compare to s02,s01 villians are more powerful than s02 that's why our expectations is high for s02 that's why people hate s02.ans s02 look like the whole season is just created for last punch,I mean we need more punches,and we need more powerful villians s02 is good I don't hate it I luv it.
Apr 8, 2021 11:23 PM

Mar 2013
OPM S2 is being hated? That's news to me. I think its because there's so much cliffhanger at the end of the season and yeah, I tried it and some background or supporting characters was given for only 5-10 seconds of animation and most of them was ignored. One way to appreciate this franchise is to have many background characters sprouting because our MC is, you know, too OP but I like him that way.

People above is talking about animation, I think its not dropped(lowered the quality) or I don't really mind it and its not obviously if it was changed or not. I'm still glad that the story is still getting animated and hope for some more supporting characters.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 9, 2021 12:11 AM
Jan 2021
Cause they hate characters development. Duh
Apr 9, 2021 12:45 AM
Apr 2020
Ahtni said:
The only reason is because the studio changed from MADHOUSE who also did stuff like Monster, Death Note, and Hunter x Hunter to JC Staff who did stuff like Toradora, Food Wars, and Saiki K and aren’t really known for action anime. So, comparing the amazing animation from season 1 to the decent animation of season 2 is going to make a lot of people pretty disappointed. I personally didn’t mind that much thought and thought that the story was better than season 1’s story but that animation was it’s downfall so most people rate season 1 higher (including me).

I mean j.c staff have had some amazing looking fights imo on the level of madhouse, like look at railgun majority of the fights in that show look amazing
Apr 9, 2021 12:46 AM
Apr 2020
deg said:
the animation is so bad compared to the first season

so the reason people hate it is cause they find one part of it to be not amazing?
Apr 9, 2021 1:11 AM

Oct 2020
I dont get the Animation argument, because for me Animation is one of the less important things in an Anime.

I didnt like Season 2 that much for other reasons, it didnt gave me the feeling of the first one, Saitama was more a sidecharacter and the story was really slow and had lengths, was sometimes difficult to watch imo, although it wasnt bad.
Still a 7/10 but season one was more enjoyable for me.
Apr 9, 2021 3:10 AM
Feb 2021
I dont hate it.Its good but season 1 was wonderful and people has a dissapointment for season 2.My score for season 2 is 8/10
Apr 9, 2021 3:49 AM
Apr 2021
I don’t hate it, but the story kinda falls off, the music doesn’t slap and the animation is worse.
Apr 9, 2021 4:05 AM
Jul 2018
Idk I love S2 as well lol
Apr 9, 2021 5:11 AM
Jan 2020
Because of the drop in animation quality and pacing issues. Althought its not as bad as some people make it out to be.
Apr 9, 2021 5:23 AM
May 2019
Animation style was absolute dogshit
Apr 9, 2021 5:31 AM

May 2020
It's the awful, awful animation by toei
Apr 9, 2021 6:30 AM

Nov 2020
Personally i don't hate it...
It's just that madhouse set a pretty high bar with season 1 in terms of animation and overall quality...
Although, JC Staff did their best but the drop in animation was noticable...
I was a little disappointed with the animation but what i didn't like at all was the bad sfx...
Apr 9, 2021 10:27 AM

Dec 2020
Mostly because of animation, first season of OPM was the first anime I watched after many years, I was in awe of the animation, ost, story etc. It has a very special place in my heart, hopefully it gets better because manga is fire right now!

Edit: Story is still great in s2 tho
Apr 11, 2021 2:10 AM

May 2020
Probably because the animation dropped heavy but I still think the animation is good enough Garou made me like the season a lot tho.
If you want me to prepare a rope for the sake of hanging yourself, forget it. But… If it's a rope for the sake of pulling you up from Hell, no matter how many ropes it takes, I'll prepare them for you. ~Sakata Gintoki
Apr 13, 2021 4:50 PM
Nov 2016
The animation, directing, choreography, SFX and even the music was worse. S2 was a downgrade in every aspect compared to S1 and let's be honest here, the manga and S1 set the standards way too high and if S2 doesn't live up to those standards then it will be hated no matter how hard the new anime studio tried.

If S1 never existed then maybe (JUST MAYBE) S2 would have been great, it did had great moments after all but those great moments are kind of meh compared to S1, the standard was extremely high to begin with, not many animes can reach those levels nowdays sadly but we do have a few exceptions luckily that can reach those standards in other animes, it just didn't happened with S2.
Apr 21, 2021 6:30 PM
Jun 2019
a0t3a said:
Ahtni said:

I mean j.c staff have had some amazing looking fights imo on the level of madhouse, like look at railgun majority of the fights in that show look amazing
yeah I think it was pretty good but it had a rough schedule so it wasn’t as good as the first season. The manga is amazing all the way through though.
Apr 22, 2021 12:00 AM
Oct 2020
I too had this doubt, but once you read the Manga, you will really get pissed off at what they did.

For the most part, the animation kinda looks like a motion manga. Murata's panels are like a God given storyboard for animators. If you mess that up, you are culpable for the shit that comes your way.
Jun 15, 2021 1:26 AM

May 2021
Personally I quite like it . I will agree that Season one's animation was better but season two had a better story line in my opinion but then again my boy Saitama the protagonist himself didn't get enough screentime which is kinda ehh unfair? But season 2 has introduced many new plots and especially my boy Garou . We also get to know Tatsumaki , Coward yet likable King and Many other heros and thier capabilities which made the season two actually likable . If people really hate season two I would assume it's just because of the animation ? I mean I do like it but People have different perspectives i guess .

Jul 6, 2021 11:15 PM

May 2016
Just watched it. Now I feel bad for putting the 2nd season off for so long. The animation wasn’t even bad. I was going into this expecting Seven Deadly Sins level animation, but what I got was some of JC Staff’s best work. Y’all need to chill about the animation not being good.
Jul 6, 2021 11:19 PM

Jul 2020
It didn't live up to the hype and animation of season 1.That's the only reason and the animation is far from bad.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jul 7, 2021 7:59 AM

Jun 2020
People hate it coz of animation. Honestly, the animation here is not that bad, once you have seen something like SDS etc. It's just that the first season had absolutely insane animation and production. Compared to that S2 paled in every department which led to a lot of dissapointment. Tho I personally like it a lot and don't think it deserves that much hate coz in terms of storytelling, it levelled up with the introduction of an amazing character and story-wise S2>S1.
Jul 10, 2021 8:32 AM
Jan 2021
Personally, I loved the second season
Jul 10, 2021 8:33 AM

Jul 2016
Animation, sound design, the characters look super weird sometimes (like saitama and king), and probably because of how good season 1 is
Penguins are funny
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:49 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

201 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 11:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

187 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 11:30 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2019

236 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.