Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 22, 2020 4:23 AM
Apr 2018
I feel no excitement for the finale because we all know there's 0 chance for him not to win.

And on top of that... starting from WoU part 1, the overarching plot has not moved forward at all:

1. Rath staff is still in trouble (no help coming from JSDF).
2. The Underworld is standing still, with nothing happening besides a few skirmishes in the middle of nowhere.
3. Project A.L.I.C.E. seems like a long forgotten objective at this point, although it was originally presented as the most important thing.

Kirito is literally in the middle of this unfinished blob of a story - I find it hard to believe that he alone can wrap it up in a sensible way. Yet for some reason I'm afraid this is exactly what's going to happen...

What are your thoughts on this matter?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 22, 2020 4:37 AM

Feb 2020
He's definitely gonna save the day in some wacky way. It's SAO, not a masterpiece afterall.

IT'S NEVER OGRE
Aug 22, 2020 5:45 AM
Dec 2017
Game of Thrones was a good show, because it proved that over powered characters could die. I was shocked that fans were disappointed in the ending when the "favorite" character died again. If you didn't see that coming then you are stupid.

Sword Art Online isn't a most popular anime for being bad. It isn't an anime about an under powered underdog learning how to do shit. He was overpowered 500 episodes ago. Why would anyone suddenly expect him to NOT be overpowered suddenly. The very first episode we saw the main character he was literally the best #1 overpowered dude. Get rekt if you didn't realize that.

TL, DR; Kirito was overpowered in Episode 1 of the original SAO 5000 episodes ago, and you have to be someone special to not have realized that till now.
Aug 22, 2020 5:51 AM

Oct 2019
It’s choice, I do prefer this kind of main character a lot more than the one who are weak for 100+ episodes and annoy you. I don’t stand that kind of character anymore. And, why should he not win? The arc should end in a way.
BTW, 99% of anime out there have the main characters to win, it’s like that in most of them, so I don’t see how this is a specific thing of SAO.
For the other things, in real life I think the time passed is less than a night.
Aug 22, 2020 7:58 AM
Nov 2017
Astralarium said:
I feel no excitement for the finale because we all know there's 0 chance for him not to win.

And on top of that... starting from WoU part 1, the overarching plot has not moved forward at all:

2. The Underworld is standing still, with nothing happening besides a few skirmishes in the middle of nowhere.
3. Project A.L.I.C.E. seems like a long forgotten objective at this point, although it was originally presented as the most important thing.

Kirito is literally in the middle of this unfinished blob of a story - I find it hard to believe that he alone can wrap it up in a sensible way. Yet for some reason I'm afraid this is exactly what's going to happen...

Ok, this post is pointless. It's something most of us should expect. Obviously Kirito is going to win at the end and save his friends. If he gets the lost, then you should know what happens and it will turn the story upside down. I mean, yeah SAO is not the best series for most people, but it is what it is. If it's popular, that's that.
Aug 22, 2020 8:08 AM
Jun 2020
instead of gabriel millers aka subtilizer aka dark emperor vector kirito's final opponent should be hakumen from blazblue

title: kuro no kenshi vs shiro no kenshi

if kirito would face hakumen even his golden eye cheat modus would be useless let me say why

here some facts about hakumen

he is 6,10 feet tall
he weighs 342 lbs
he was once human but fused later with the susanoo unit so he is a artificial human a cyborg
he is a leader of a group called the 6 heroes
and he saved the would with those other 5 from a being called the black beast (looks like a yamata no orochi) that nearly destroyed the entire world

but why is he so powerfull? and why kirito stands no chance agains hakumen i explain it here

his power is called: Power of Order (Chitsujo no Chikara)

is a power that stabilizes the world. This power is not good, nor evil, it simply counters something that threatens the world to maintain its balance, and the larger the threat, the more this power grows.

i would bet in a death match my money on hakumen!
Maruseru93Aug 22, 2020 10:44 AM
Aug 22, 2020 11:06 AM

Oct 2017
Don't get me started some of the Knights / Dark Territory leaders has fought / trained themselves with the strongest weapon/ incarnation/ real life battle experience for decades (some even 100+ years) yet apparently their incarnation/ will / skill level is not even 1/100 the fragment of Kirito's incarnation/ will/ skill level with at max 2 years of experience. (And he only learned release recollection and incarnation system like literally around 2 days during his time of climbing tower, then he went straight into coma and do nothing)

This is the type of asspull I hated the most.
Aug 22, 2020 11:08 AM
Aug 2020
People still hate on this in 2020? Hearing kirito/SAO complaints are starting to become more generic than the actual show itself. At this point im more interested in hearing a fans perspective on why they like it as it is more rare for me to hear that.
Aug 22, 2020 11:16 AM

Oct 2017
ahkuma said:
People still hate on this in 2020? Hearing kirito/SAO complaints are starting to become more generic than the actual show itself. At this point im more interested in hearing a fans perspective on why they like it as it is more rare for me to hear that.

I can explain:

ANIMATION ANIMATION ANIMATION

MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC

WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU

Trust me , if you put this type of plot in any other not so popular light novel/ manga, people will just spit on it.

PS: I actually kinda liked SAO back in SAO Alicization Season 1 part 1 and maybe season 2 when everything seems to make sense.
Aug 22, 2020 11:17 AM
Jul 2019
Ventus_S said:
Don't get me started some of the Knights / Dark Territory leaders has fought / trained themselves with the strongest weapon/ incarnation/ real life battle experience for decades (some even 100+ years) yet apparently their incarnation/ will / skill level is not even 1/100 the fragment of Kirito's incarnation/ will/ skill level with at max 2 years of experience. (And he only learned release recollection and incarnation system like literally around 2 days during his time of climbing tower, then he went straight into coma and do nothing)

This is the type of asspull I hated the most.

i beleive the surge in power came after quinella died. he literally killed a being that lived for hundreds of years and had who knows how much system control authority. at the end it is only logical to assume that part of administrator's(quinella's) system and object control authority was transferred to kirito. grow up haters.
Aug 22, 2020 11:18 AM
Aug 2020
Ventus_S said:
ahkuma said:

I can explain:

MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC

WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU

Trust me , if you put this type of plot in any other not so popular light novel/ manga, people will just spit on it.

PS: I actually kinda liked SAO back in SAO Alicization Season 1 part 1 and maybe season 2 when everything seems to make sense.

I mean, at this point if people are still bitching about kirito 50 episodes in I dont know what I can say to them, they chose to click play on the episode and hurt their brain.
Aug 22, 2020 11:21 AM

Oct 2017
Kirito being OP ain't a prob at all lol. It all depends how well the author handle's the OP protagonist in his story. There's plenty of OP protagonist in a lot of highly rated and popular animes/mangas/Light Novels like Ainz from Overlord, Tanya from Youjou senki, Eren from AOT, Saitama from OPM, Alucard from Hellsing etc but they don't hinder the quality of the show rather increase it.
Aug 22, 2020 11:22 AM
Aug 2020
MegamiRem said:
Kirito being OP ain't a prob at all lol. It all depends how well the author handle's the OP protagonist in his story. There's plenty of OP protagonist in a lot of highly rated and popular animes/mangas/Light Novels like Ainz from Overlord, Tanya from Youjou senki, Eren from AOT, Saitama from OPM, Alucard from Hellsing etc but they don't hinder the quality of the show rather increase it.

I wouldnt consider Eren from AOT OP as he still struggles in the manga up until a certain point for most of the series against his opponents.
Aug 22, 2020 11:22 AM

Oct 2017
ahkuma said:
Ventus_S said:

I can explain:

MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC

WAIFU WAIFU WAIFU

I mean, at this point if people are still bitching about kirito 50 episodes in I dont know what I can say to them, they chose to click play on the episode and hurt their brain.

I mean I wasted my life to go through 45 episodes already cuz all the SAO fans promised me it was going to be good, just you wait. I waited and waited and waited and it just get worse. I can't just ditch my effort and skip the last 4 episodes. At least I need to see how bad it goes til the very end. Just 4 more episodes to suffer through.
Aug 22, 2020 11:23 AM

Sep 2017
Kirito being OP?
That's not new.Hell there isn't a single good trait about that boi

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
KuniiAug 23, 2020 2:33 PM
خ
Aug 22, 2020 11:24 AM
Aug 2020
@Ventus_S This is why you dont just take the bait like that my guy, be it praise for a series or bashing. You can just as easily in an alternative manner ignore the fans and watch a anime you do find entertaining. :)
Aug 22, 2020 11:24 AM

Oct 2017
ahkuma said:
MegamiRem said:

I wouldnt consider Eren from AOT OP as he still struggles in the manga up until a certain point for most of the series against his opponents.
So what of it?
Aug 22, 2020 11:26 AM
Aug 2020
MegamiRem said:
ahkuma said:

So what of it?

Compared to other shonen protagonists I've seen, his power scaling is extremely tame to me and thats probably why I dont see him as that OP personally.
Aug 22, 2020 11:30 AM

Oct 2014
Wouldn't it be weirder if Kirito didn't slap his balls in everyone's face? It wouldn't be SAO then.
Aug 22, 2020 11:31 AM

May 2017
Kirito is OP,that's true,but he is OP is balanced way. There are three types of OP character: Balanced,power fantasy and Gary Stu.

Balanced are type of OP character that are enjoyable because of their traits,personality and because their powers are balanced because of their internal struggles,holes in heart,core motivations and they faced difficult challenges and conflicts and they are paying price for their powers.

Example: Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist),Simon (Gurren Laggan),Saitama (One Punch Man),Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop),Ken Kaneki (Tokyo Ghoul),Tanjiro Kamado (Kimetsu No Yaiba),Guts (Berserk),Lelouch (Code Geass),Naofumi (Rising of Shield Hero),Goblin Slayer,Meliodas (Seven Deadly Sins) and Hajime Nagumo (Arifureta light novels)

Power fantasy are type of OP character that are OP for readers or audience who enjoy OP characters kicking asses,but they lack some balance in their powers and do not pay price for their powers very often. They can be enjoyable and they have motivations or at least one bit of difficult challenge,but not to everyone. They are OP just for fanservice,in short words.

Example: Goku (Dragon Ball),Luffy (One Piece),Naruto (Naruto series),
Tatsuya Shiba (Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei),Asta (Black Clover),Ichigo (Bleach),Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail),Eren Jaeger (Attack On Titan),Shin Wolford (Kenja No Mago) and Ikki Kurogane (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry)

Gary Stu character is kind of OP character that always overpowers his opponent and have no flaws. Aimlessly OP with completely unbalanced powers,lacking core motivation,wandering around,defeating anyone without losing blood,breaking a sweat or paying any price at all. Even if one of Gary Stu bleed and break a sweat,they can be boring also if his character design and writing is bland or generic,it's can be somewhat annoying.

Example: Touya Mochizuki (Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni),Taichi Nishimura (Isekai Cheat Magician),Ichirou Suzuki (Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku),Wendelin (The 8th Son) and Christopher Chiaki (Garzey's Wings)

What type of OP character is Kirito and where he belongs? The answer iiisss....

Aincrad arc - Balanced
Fairy Dance arc - half Balanced,half power fantasy
Phantom Bullet arc - half Balanced,half power fantasy
Excalibur - Power fantasy
Mother's Rosario - unknown,probably balanced
Alicization arc - Balanced

Overall,he is balanced.

He didn't start OP like some generic isekai protagonists. He started from zero,at Floor 1 of Aincrad,level 1 then he was grinding EXP to level up. Kirito wasn't OP from beginning,he was struggling to survive by taking risky quests that almost got him killed and leveled him up slowly. As yes,we can't see how Kirito's level develops because of timeskips in Aincrad arc. Kirito have flaws that balance his powers and he doesn't always overpower his opponents.

Take a look at fights he lost,like losing to Yggdrasil's NPC guardians,losing to Suguha on kendo duel in beginning of Fairy Dance arc,losing against Yuuki twice,losing against large group of players while protecting boss room so Yuuki and Sleeping Knights would beat boss alone,getting wrecked while training with Sortiliena,getting frozen by Eugeo and getting his ass kicked by Quinella's Sword Golem.

Also,he have almost died many times. Take a look at his fight against 74th floor boss Gleam Eyes. He defeated him,but it's almost killed him and left him with
1% HP or so remaining. If he was OP in Gary Stu level,he would have cleared SAO right from beginning in 1 minute,just like Touya Mochizuki,who is so OP that he can end the wars in fifteen minutes. (Not kidding,read light novels) Also,Gary Stu OP characters always defeat opponents alone. But Kirito wasn't alone,he always defeats bosses and enemies with help from others. Kirito fought Yggdrasil Guardians alone and it's didn't end well for him until Leafa,Recon,Slyphs and Cait Siths joined the raid.
Not to mention,he had hard times beating his opponents,just like how Spike Spiegel had hard time beating Mad Pierrot.

And more importantly,he have been bleeding a lot and suffered a heavy and unbearable pain in Alicization arc becuase of pain absorption disabled and been agonized for not being able to save Black Cats guild,killing 3 Laughing Coffin members and losing Cardinal and Eugeo,his best friend who was like a brother to him. He gone through same suffering and pain like Simon,Edward Elric and Ken Kaneki did and he hates himself so much that he wishes that he was dead instead of person he deeply cared about like Sachi or Eugeo,yet you all call him ''too strong'' or ''Gary Stu'' and judging him without taking closer look at him. Kirito is not OP like Saitama,who can defeat almost anyone with single punch or like Touya Mochizuki,god of Gary Stus,who can use any magic and overpower without paying any price or like Christoper Chiaki,who became OP in beginning.
His powers came from hard work,years he spent surviving in SAO and sword skills he practiced in SAO and Alicization,not because he is some kind of hacker. I can talk about how OP characters can be good or bad all day long if i want,but i talked enough. Kirito is balanced OP character like Spike Spiegel and Edward Elric,end of story.

And one last thing. Do not waste time on replying to my post. If you are smart,you would do something better other than badmouthing anime and characters that will be defended to death. I learned my lesson hard way after criticizing few anime i disliked until i realized that i was wrong. Someday you'll realize that SAO anime series are not bad anime,but black coffee which have bitter taste that you can't handle.
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
Aug 22, 2020 11:33 AM
Jul 2019
WaifuMaster17 said:
Kirito is OP,that's true,but he is OP is balanced way. There are three types of OP character: Balanced,power fantasy and Gary Stu.

Balanced are type of OP character that are enjoyable because of their traits,personality and because their powers are balanced because of their internal struggles,holes in heart,core motivations and they faced difficult challenges and conflicts and they are paying price for their powers.

Example: Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist),Simon (Gurren Laggan),Saitama (One Punch Man),Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop),Ken Kaneki (Tokyo Ghoul),Tanjiro Kamado (Kimetsu No Yaiba),Guts (Berserk),Lelouch (Code Geass),Naofumi (Rising of Shield Hero),Goblin Slayer,Meliodas (Seven Deadly Sins) and Hajime Nagumo (Arifureta light novels)

Power fantasy are type of OP character that are OP for readers or audience who enjoy OP characters kicking asses,but they lack some balance in their powers and do not pay price for their powers very often. They can be enjoyable and they have motivations or at least one bit of difficult challenge,but not to everyone. They are OP just for fanservice,in short words.

Example: Goku (Dragon Ball),Luffy (One Piece),Naruto (Naruto series),
Tatsuya Shiba (Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei),Asta (Black Clover),Ichigo (Bleach),Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail),Eren Jaeger (Attack On Titan),Shin Wolford (Kenja No Mago) and Ikki Kurogane (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry)

Gary Stu character is kind of OP character that always overpowers his opponent and have no flaws. Aimlessly OP with completely unbalanced powers,lacking core motivation,wandering around,defeating anyone without losing blood,breaking a sweat or paying any price at all. Even if one of Gary Stu bleed and break a sweat,they can be boring also if his character design and writing is bland or generic,it's can be somewhat annoying.

Example: Touya Mochizuki (Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni),Taichi Nishimura (Isekai Cheat Magician),Ichirou Suzuki (Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku),Wendelin (The 8th Son) and Christopher Chiaki (Garzey's Wings)

What type of OP character is Kirito and where he belongs? The answer iiisss....

Aincrad arc - Balanced
Fairy Dance arc - half Balanced,half power fantasy
Phantom Bullet arc - half Balanced,half power fantasy
Excalibur - Power fantasy
Mother's Rosario - unknown,probably balanced
Alicization arc - Balanced

Overall,he is balanced.

He didn't start OP like some generic isekai protagonists. He started from zero,at Floor 1 of Aincrad,level 1 then he was grinding EXP to level up. Kirito wasn't OP from beginning,he was struggling to survive by taking risky quests that almost got him killed and leveled him up slowly. As yes,we can't see how Kirito's level develops because of timeskips in Aincrad arc. Kirito have flaws that balance his powers and he doesn't always overpower his opponents.

Take a look at fights he lost,like losing to Yggdrasil's NPC guardians,losing to Suguha on kendo duel in beginning of Fairy Dance arc,losing against Yuuki twice,losing against large group of players while protecting boss room so Yuuki and Sleeping Knights would beat boss alone,getting wrecked while training with Sortiliena,getting frozen by Eugeo and getting his ass kicked by Quinella's Sword Golem.

Also,he have almost died many times. Take a look at his fight against 74th floor boss Gleam Eyes. He defeated him,but it's almost killed him and left him with
1% HP or so remaining. If he was OP in Gary Stu level,he would have cleared SAO right from beginning in 1 minute,just like Touya Mochizuki,who is so OP that he can end the wars in fifteen minutes. (Not kidding,read light novels) Also,Gary Stu OP characters always defeat opponents alone. But Kirito wasn't alone,he always defeats bosses and enemies with help from others. Kirito fought Yggdrasil Guardians alone and it's didn't end well for him until Leafa,Recon,Slyphs and Cait Siths joined the raid.
Not to mention,he had hard times beating his opponents,just like how Spike Spiegel had hard time beating Mad Pierrot.

And more importantly,he have been bleeding a lot and suffered a heavy and unbearable pain in Alicization arc becuase of pain absorption disabled and been agonized for not being able to save Black Cats guild,killing 3 Laughing Coffin members and losing Cardinal and Eugeo,his best friend who was like a brother to him. He gone through same suffering and pain like Simon,Edward Elric and Ken Kaneki did and he hates himself so much that he wishes that he was dead instead of person he deeply cared about like Sachi or Eugeo,yet you all call him ''too strong'' or ''Gary Stu'' and judging him without taking closer look at him. Kirito is not OP like Saitama,who can defeat almost anyone with single punch or like Touya Mochizuki,god of Gary Stus,who can use any magic and overpower without paying any price or like Christoper Chiaki,who became OP in beginning.
His powers came from hard work,years he spent surviving in SAO and sword skills he practiced in SAO and Alicization,not because he is some kind of hacker. I can talk about how OP characters can be good or bad all day long if i want,but i talked enough. Kirito is balanced OP character like Spike Spiegel and Edward Elric,end of story.

And one last thing. Do not waste time on replying to my post. If you are smart,you would do something better other than badmouthing anime and characters that will be defended to death. I learned my lesson hard way after criticizing few anime i disliked until i realized that i was wrong. Someday you'll realize that SAO anime series are not bad anime,but black coffee which have bitter taste that you can't handle.

well....... good to know i'm not alone buddy
Aug 22, 2020 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
Eh....it's SAO, I'm tired of these bait post.
Aug 22, 2020 11:44 AM

May 2018
What else is new. It's SAO. Bait harder.
Aug 22, 2020 12:46 PM
May 2017
Nah. OP is good, better than being a simp.
Aug 22, 2020 2:09 PM
Aug 2020
@TrueDragonPrince

I think the issue is we never got to see his grind on screen with kirito in aincrad, therefore that causes a disconnect with that part of his character and the audience. If Reki took the time to actually show us his training and grinding, we might be giving him a pass on things he does a lot more often.
Aug 22, 2020 2:12 PM

Jan 2009
well Kirito got unlimited willpower or power of belief that makes him overpowered via incarnation thats about it
Aug 22, 2020 2:17 PM

May 2019
Kirito must be NERFED!

Like, for example, force him to stay in a wheelchair depending on others for half of an Arc. What do you think?

I doubt he would gain popularity rankings in Japan this way.

oh wai....

Aug 22, 2020 5:36 PM

Jul 2016
Astralarium said:

1.they on siege. The JSDF is on stand by. I you watch Alicization episode 5 or 6 you will know. And this episode the spies are have a limit of 8 hours before the JSDF break in the facility.
2. Yep its standing still because their main objective is to capture A.L.I.C.E. thats why the war escalates.
3.nope its not forgotten but its in recurring in the story in the next episode we will see the rest.

Gave me example of the MC losing in the anime? Like majority of it has the MC wins it.

Aug 22, 2020 6:04 PM
Jan 2019
Do the haters even understand the mechanics of the underworld? Kirito was not OP at the beginning of Alicization. Even through the fights at the cathedral, he was struggling. The underworld has a concept called System/Object control authority. You need enough authority to be able to control divine objects and also to use sacred arts and system calls.

When Kirito defeated the administrator, his authority got elevated to the same level as the administrator, who's basically a GOD in the underworld! His authority went up each time he defeated an integrity knight too. Right after all that, he went into a coma, but his character still retains the same authority when he comes back. That is why he became so powerful and can execute any system call (yes, also fly, which is basically a wind sacred art). There were people complaining that he was executing system calls without a console, lol. What do you think "Generate thermal element, discharge" is? That's also a system call, you don't need a system console to execute a system call, as long as you have enough system control authority.

Tired of reading comments calling it asspull and stuff. Just because you don't understand how the underworld works doesn't automatically make everything asspull lol.
Aug 22, 2020 7:42 PM

Mar 2014
We're like 90 episodes into the show and people are still somehow expecting Kirito to NOT be OP?
Aug 23, 2020 5:18 AM
Aug 2020
justtvalerie said:
We're like 90 episodes into the show and people are still somehow expecting Kirito to NOT be OP?

More like we are 90 episodes in and people are still hate watching to prove their superior taste in anime, which is kinda funny and sad at the same time.
Aug 23, 2020 5:54 AM

Mar 2014
ahkuma said:
justtvalerie said:

More like we are 90 episodes in and people are still hate watching to prove their superior taste in anime, which is kinda funny and sad at the same time.

YES, THAT TOO. It's been 8 years, people! And we are tired.
Aug 23, 2020 1:39 PM

Mar 2015
Guys do like me, if you didnt like it drop the anime.

Honestly is the better we can do and we all now that SAO is bad because of Kirito and they won't make him go away so don't watch it is the only solution.

And for fuck sake, him flying around and having that so many powers was ridiculous in the next episode what is he going to do? Turning Super Saiyan and fight Gabriel in space?

I just don't feel like watching it anymore, and before the fanboys come here it just my opinion so don't get mad.
Aug 23, 2020 9:36 PM
Sep 2008
I mean Kirito has the same story every arc with little variations like universe/games, new and old waifus and new villians. If Kirito had become the sword and Eugeo was the real protagonist it would probably be better like a fresh air on the show.

But the author does not bother with making a creative new arc since his formula always work.

Also if the post was for generating more debate it would probably be better to make a debate between SAO and other show of the season like Re Zero or something like that.

PD: The first show that came in my mind was Re Zero, also I know SAO is not an Isekai and that Re Zero is way better anime.
Aug 23, 2020 11:03 PM
Apr 2015
lol at this post like the good guy doesn't always win in the end in 99% of everything.

save your 'he's too powerful' for the DBZ forum or something
Aug 31, 2020 9:04 PM
May 2017
This is how SAO has always been lmao

Jesus kun comes to save the day that's how it works around here.
Sep 1, 2020 1:01 AM
Apr 2018
Taifood said:

Exactly. And "OP" MC in this series doesn't bother me. For me, Its just pleasant to watch SAO (& LOG HORIZON & many other shows).
Sep 1, 2020 1:45 AM

Jul 2017
Damn, who would've guessed that SAO was SAO?

You should have seen this coming lmao

Sep 1, 2020 1:55 AM

Aug 2017
it was always like that SAO end up like bollywood action when the mc will always come late but will save the world ,,,
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2020 4:37 AM

Oct 2019
I prefer strong Kirito over vegetable Kirito. Everything up to this point was already building up for Kirito to come back, what else do you want?
Sep 3, 2020 11:05 AM
May 2018
@Ventus_S
all the SAO fans promised me it was going to be good, just you wait

Dude, this is EXACTLY my experience with SAO! The fanbase overhyped it the entire series.

When I watched season 1, I said I loved it but felt the potential was wasted, the fanbase told me "you'll see in season 2, they develop the story" (especially referring to Laughin Coffin). Turns out the established lore isn't developed that much more and it's still a waste.

When I complained about season 2, I was told "you'll see Alicization, it's SAO but with good writing!". They really hyped me as h*ck. Turns out the writing is even worse in this part of the story...

At least they're not being toxic about it (at least, not from my experience), but it's annoying how they overhyped it all the time. I guess most of the fanbase really are kids...
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Sep 7, 2020 2:16 AM

Jun 2012
I mean Kirito was in a coma for ages and we got to see other characters take the spotlight. Isn't that good enough?

Also why are some people so threatened by the mc being strong from the beginning? It would be boring if every anime had their mc start of weak and struggle through every damn fight.
Sep 9, 2020 5:38 PM
Sep 2008
Hebii said:
I mean Kirito was in a coma for ages and we got to see other characters take the spotlight. Isn't that good enough?

Also why are some people so threatened by the mc being strong from the beginning? It would be boring if every anime had their mc start of weak and struggle through every damn fight.

Yeah but when other characters take the spotlight in SAO usually they get beaten to almost being death or completetly death or r#$ed and the worst thing is that their effort was for nothing since the only one who could win the battle was and will always be Kirito with a new power that he didn't have before pulled from his ass, also the fact that he was in a coma makes it worse.

Now there are series with overpowered protagonist but their story or premise or MC are more interesting/likeable than SAO; like Overlord, we know that Ainz is overpowered but his battles aren't just about winning but how to properly win or how to get the most information and he has companions that do more in one season than any of Kirito harem and friends in the entire series, not only that those Ainz companions actually help to move the story forward and do not only serve as a fanservice punchbag as SAO does.
Oct 5, 2020 6:34 AM
Oct 2020
Guifoliveiraa said:
Guys do like me, if you didnt like it drop the anime.

Honestly is the better we can do and we all now that SAO is bad because of Kirito and they won't make him go away so don't watch it is the only solution.

And for fuck sake, him flying around and having that so many powers was ridiculous in the next episode what is he going to do? Turning Super Saiyan and fight Gabriel in space?

I just don't feel like watching it anymore, and before the fanboys come here it just my opinion so don't get mad.

Yes i respect it, i just going to disagree with you he having so many power is a bullshit argument, other protagonist has many other powers and etc. Aren't they thr problem in the show because they have "so many power????

No, That what's make them unique instead of having them use the same moves all the time. If a protagonist having so many power affect the shows then you are better sticking to slice of life animes, or romance.

Don't say nothing about his personality or etc, because if that was the problem you had with his character then you should of mention it.
Oct 5, 2020 6:38 AM
Oct 2020
Taifood said:

True i am not going to denied that he always the one to fight the big boss. Like my other arguments that's the same with over other protagonist like goku, Naofumi, naruto,Tayna, and i could name a shit ton more. So aren't they also jesus for saving the day??

Kirito doesn't do it alone half of the time and that's goes for the same with these other characters.
Oct 5, 2020 6:39 AM

Dec 2017
If it took you this long to realize that, then you never properly watch SAO lol
He's already OP from the first season and just gets more OP every arc he's in, to the point where you can't feel a sense of threat or danger anymore when he's fighting someone, basically just like Saitama.
Oct 5, 2020 6:40 AM
Oct 2020
Dante012 said:
@Ventus_S
all the SAO fans promised me it was going to be good, just you wait

Dude, this is EXACTLY my experience with SAO! The fanbase overhyped it the entire series.

When I watched season 1, I said I loved it but felt the potential was wasted, the fanbase told me "you'll see in season 2, they develop the story" (especially referring to Laughin Coffin). Turns out the established lore isn't developed that much more and it's still a waste.

When I complained about season 2, I was told "you'll see Alicization, it's SAO but with good writing!". They really hyped me as h*ck. Turns out the writing is even worse in this part of the story...

At least they're not being toxic about it (at least, not from my experience), but it's annoying how they overhyped it all the time. I guess most of the fanbase really are kids...

I agree with them overhyping the show i seen it al lot, just don't bother to listen to them.
Oct 5, 2020 6:57 AM
Oct 2020
CesarMagnan said:
Hebii said:

Yeah but when other characters take the spotlight in SAO usually they get beaten to almost being death or completetly death or r#$ed and the worst thing is that their effort was for nothing since the only one who could win the battle was and will always be Kirito with a new power that he didn't have before pulled from his ass, also the fact that he was in a coma makes it worse.

Now there are series with overpowered protagonist but their story or premise or MC are more interesting/likeable than SAO; like Overlord, we know that Ainz is overpowered but his battles aren't just about winning but how to properly win or how to get the most information and he has companions that do more in one season than any of Kirito harem and friends in the entire series, not only that those Ainz companions actually help to move the story forward and do not only serve as a fanservice punchbag as SAO does.

First off being likeable isn't an argument people has their opinions and you can't speak for everyone else.

I hate kirito kinda harem they really don't progress the story at all, other than just being there.

Supporting cast does get to shine, Asuna Get to be main character for 2 arcs and secondary protagonist for the first one. Sinon has a huge part to play in GGO.
Eugeo becomes a secondary protagonist and played a huge role. And when he was reduced to a disposable character after his death he still was there to help Kirito with both of his fight and waa a huge climax in the part of the story.

Winning battle are more about winning in both stories, when the protagonist wins and etc, they get more closer to their goals, that the whole reason for why there are fighting they fight because they. Have to in order to accomplish what they want to do.

Kirito case is he fighting because his life is on the line or other people life are on the line, Kirito isn't fighting just to win he has reason to fight, because it a life or death witch forces him to fight. He not fighting just to win
He fights for bigger reason.

Yes everyone almost gets beaten to death that's show that the characters are struggling to win, even when kirito comes he even struggles to win and depends on Eugeo to win. He gets his bottom half cut off and on the verge of dying, even if he heals or grows his limbs back there no way he would of won with his power alone.

Yes you can say that he won with then power of friend ship.
Oct 5, 2020 9:09 PM
Sep 2008
Amaru43 said:

First off being likeable isn't an argument people has their opinions and you can't speak for everyone else.

I hate kirito kinda harem they really don't progress the story at all, other than just being there.

Supporting cast does get to shine, Asuna Get to be main character for 2 arcs and secondary protagonist for the first one. Sinon has a huge part to play in GGO.
Eugeo becomes a secondary protagonist and played a huge role. And when he was reduced to a disposable character after his death he still was there to help Kirito with both of his fight and waa a huge climax in the part of the story.

Winning battle are more about winning in both stories, when the protagonist wins and etc, they get more closer to their goals, that the whole reason for why there are fighting they fight because they. Have to in order to accomplish what they want to do.

Kirito case is he fighting because his life is on the line or other people life are on the line, Kirito isn't fighting just to win he has reason to fight, because it a life or death witch forces him to fight. He not fighting just to win

Yes everyone almost gets beaten to death that's show that the characters are struggling to win, even when kirito comes he even struggles to win and depends on Eugeo to win. He gets his bottom half cut off and on the verge of dying, even if he heals or grows his limbs back there no way he would of won with his power alone.

Look all that I say is that this arc was a missed oportunity if the author had switched the roles of Eugeo with Kirito the story would have felt diferent, even he could have brought Kirito back to life with the same shenanigans that he always pullout when Kirito is fighting the last boss.

Also the problem with all the new female characters; or harem members eventhough Kirito only loves Asuna which doesnt makes sense why all of them stay in love with him, he always looks that they are given a protagonism but at the end of the day all of them are dragged out of the protagonism to just become a damisel in distress to be rescued by Kirito.

Let us be honest evaluating all the arcs of SAO the only time that it felt that his life was in real danger was in the first arc after that it is a joke to think otherwise.

Another point a struggle to win? His lower half was cut off and he regenerated it with the power of shenaningans, there is no struggle in that situation.

PD: A likeable MC as an argument is in whithin my opinion and as you just said that I cant speak for eveyone else the same applies to you, you cant speak for myself or anyone that expresses their opinion and if you like Kirito as a MC good of you but for me it is a predictable dissappointment not even hate just dissapiontment.
Oct 6, 2020 1:00 PM

Jul 2016
CesarMagnan said:
Amaru43 said:

Look all that I say is that this arc was a missed oportunity if the author had switched the roles of Eugeo with Kirito the story would have felt diferent, even he could have brought Kirito back to life with the same shenanigans that he always pullout when Kirito is fighting the last boss.

Also the problem with all the new female characters; or harem members eventhough Kirito only loves Asuna which doesnt makes sense why all of them stay in love with him, he always looks that they are given a protagonism but at the end of the day all of them are dragged out of the protagonism to just become a damisel in distress to be rescued by Kirito.

Let us be honest evaluating all the arcs of SAO the only time that it felt that his life was in real danger was in the first arc after that it is a joke to think otherwise.

Another point a struggle to win? His lower half was cut off and he regenerated it with the power of shenaningans, there is no struggle in that situation.

PD: A likeable MC as an argument is in whithin my opinion and as you just said that I cant speak for eveyone else the same applies to you, you cant speak for myself or anyone that expresses their opinion and if you like Kirito as a MC good of you but for me it is a predictable dissappointment not even hate just dissapiontment.
first of all SAO is not a harem anime. You need to understand that single point. And stop spouting misunderstanding, and all girls are not all over him. They had their arcs focus on them. With you seen some interaction with the girls. That is the MC is their friend they can trust like Sinon for example. The MC help her ease and being better albeit more on pushing Sinon overcome her trauma. Thats why she is trusting him and when he is in danger she is hepling him like a friend does.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Aug 15, 2020

303 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kaiseki - Aug 8, 2020

210 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2020

222 by Remiadha »»
Jun 1, 4:06 AM

Poll: » Best SAO girl?

Kazu-chan-san - Mar 20, 2023

15 by ItsAziz »»
Apr 7, 4:06 AM

» Question about Alice

quietkun27 - Mar 24

15 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 25, 1:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.