Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Toilet-bound Hanako-kun
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 19, 2020 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that Tsukasa is so intimidating. Very thrilling episoe with some of the storytelling and mirror world.

To me, he's one of the most unpredictable entities/ghosts in the series. The VA did a fantastic job at adapting his personality imo.
Mar 19, 2020 1:07 PM

Feb 2019
Dude what the fuck did he just rip his heart out? Hanako Kun just became Eva on us real quick

OMG the way Hanako hugged Nene when he got there, I ship so hard

This ep felt so short, so much happened and there was never a dull moment. I really hope there’s some way it making Mitsuba remember who he is and to save him. He’s been through so much and just deserves peace.

Kou-kun’s the real MVP with his quick thinking trying to help him remember who he is

One episode to go, can’t believe it’s been 3 months already since this started. I hope we get a season 2, but it seems pretty much even in JP twitter. One of my faves of the year for sure
Marinate1016Mar 19, 2020 1:28 PM
Mar 19, 2020 1:35 PM
Oct 2016
Mitsuba is a big soft spot for me with this show. Whenever they play that sort piano time and show shots of Mitsuba from before my waterworks start going. Every time, this episode especially since we got to see Kou confront this new Mitsuba that Tsukasa created. New Mitsuba is really creepy to see with the wings and claws from the third wonder. Morphing over those powers using them himself. Tsukasa is a psycho to manipulate Mitsuba like he is. making that fake apparition and putting Mitsuba soul onto it. Broke my heart to hear Tsukasa say that the Mitsuba who loved and died and became a ghost is gone from this world. He's never really coming back and it's the biggest tragedy. Had a bit of reassurance when new Mitsuba signaled to Nene but still it's saddening to know we won't get Kou's Mitsuba back. Have to see how the finale goes now that this arc is seemingly wrapped up.
Mar 19, 2020 1:38 PM

Jan 2018
Ah man, I'm sad that Mitsuba's never going to be exactly the same, but hopefully at least looking through the gardening club book would help him realize his old passion of photography!

Hmm, on the topic of Tsukasa, he really is a strange character. He's done some really messed up stuff, yet he also seems to actually care about the ghosts, at least in a super twisted sort of way. I wonder if Mitsuba will be hanging around the Tea Party gang for a while?

As usual, however limited they may be, the Hanako and Nene interactions were on point! ^-^

ALSO, CAN WE JUST TAKE A MOMENT TO APPRECIATE HOW AMAZING ALL THE ROUNDS WERE?! MITSUBA WAS JUST TOO SCARED TO HANAKO'S KNIFE!

AHHH I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK!!!! LAST EPISODE!!!! AND IT'S CALLED LITTLE MERMAID WHICH MEANS THE MERMAID FROM EP 1 IS PROBABLY GONNA COME BACK AND SCREW AROUND WITH NENE!!!
JostleJinsMar 19, 2020 1:42 PM
Mar 19, 2020 1:48 PM

Sep 2017
This show's like destined for a season 2 announcement, right? Right?!?!?!

Wonder how long Mitsuba's gonna stick around the Tea Party trio. Pre-anime fanart makes it seem as if he joins Bathroom trio permanently to make it a quartet
Mar 19, 2020 2:17 PM

Aug 2013
Poo Mitsuba :(

Natsuhiko is back. They should do a special episode on how he managed to make it back.

Mar 19, 2020 2:23 PM

Jun 2017
Mitsuba never gets a break. Too bad the ending of this arc was kinda anticlimatic. Would have been cool to know more about apparation number 3 (especially since he had such a cool shape in the opening when it was teased).
Mar 19, 2020 2:36 PM

Mar 2017
Why is this anime doing this to me?! I thought they might be able to save Mitsuba this time but Tsukasa is using and abusing him all over again and he isn't even the same person he was before. It broke my heart when Kou reunited with Mitsuba again 😭

I was thankful for the comedy this episode otherwise it would've been a bit too heavy. Next week is the last episode (Nooooo) so I'm looking forward to the finale but also anxious about the prospects of another season!
Mar 19, 2020 5:28 PM
May 2018
they really said fuck Mitsuba huh :( and omg only one episode left! I kinda wished to see a Hanako/Yashiro love confession but I don't think it'll happen since their relationship is not fully developed yet, not in this season at least.. maybe I should read the manga!
deiuMar 19, 2020 5:32 PM
Mar 19, 2020 5:46 PM

Oct 2019
deiu said:
they really said fuck Mitsuba huh :( and omg only one episode left! I kinda wished to see a Hanako/Yashiro love confession but I don't think it'll happen since their relationship is not fully developed yet, not in this season at least.. maybe I should read the manga!

Definitely read the manga!!! The anime has skipped some parts and then re arranged them and has skipped over the most important arc and one of the cutest chapters ever (ch. 29) I love this series so much so I don't want to hate on it but the anime hasn't done its justice in some parts...
Mar 19, 2020 6:10 PM

Mar 2016
I refuse to believe this can get wrapped up neatly with just one more episode! We need a season 2!
Mar 19, 2020 7:57 PM

Jan 2014
Mitsuba's new look was pretty rad yooo.
Mar 19, 2020 8:57 PM

Oct 2017
Pretty boring episode and I really dun like how the story is going. Thou nice Natsuhiko is back.
Mar 19, 2020 9:14 PM
Aug 2019
This episode shows how twisted Tsukasa is, nonetheless he is still my favorite character.
Title for next episode is the little mermaid and I don't like that, are they gonna put that mermaid arc for the last episode, it was supposed to happen long before this arc. I was hoping they would do three clock keepers arc for the next episode because it would really fit I'll wait and see.

Mar 19, 2020 10:40 PM

Sep 2018
Damn. I hope there’s a season 2 since I enjoyed this so much. Definitely going to be one of my favourites this year and it’s currently my favourite this season. I probably am gonna buy the manga soon too
Mar 19, 2020 10:55 PM

Feb 2017
The arcs are in a pretty strange order but if the next episode will be the mermaid arc, I'm sure we'll get the other missing arcs as well with the possible 2nd season.

Looking forward to the last episode.
Mar 19, 2020 11:54 PM
Apr 2019
Pretty okay episode. The drop in budget was very noticeable, but overall the adaptation of the mirror arc was good enough for me. Also.... they're doing the Little Mermaid arc NEXT???? Not that I don't want to see it, but that is a very strange way to adapt the manga. XD
7.8/10
Mar 20, 2020 1:36 AM

Feb 2011
This eps is amazing!!! Felt like I saw the whole ep in ten minutes!! :D It was that good!! Definitely one of my favorite episodes! I really love seeing Tsukasa, he is so intriguing!!! Hanako hugging Nene was so cute <3 It really upsets me that there is only one ep to go... & surprisedly its the little mermaid arc. I thought they skip it for good because of a scene in ep 9 where Hanako apologize to Nene about the donuts. Not that I am complaining, I am happy it's getting animated. I just hope we get a second season, there is so much material that has to be animated. Please, Lerche, make my wish come true >.<
Mar 20, 2020 2:19 AM
Feb 2020
i loved this episode, seeing this arc animated made me squeal so hard. but the thing that made me sad was the fact that mitsuba didnt recognize kou (and he was so HEARTBROKEN) but i have faith that everything will be alright in future episodes (if they make a season 2 that is)
Mar 20, 2020 5:07 AM

Jul 2017
Nene rescued by Hanako's twin brother Tsukasa is a rarity. But transforming Mitsuba to take over the Third Apparition just shows his cruelness.

Needless to say, Hanako and Kou asking for help through Tsuchigomori and Yako to cross their Boundaries to rescue Nene out of trouble, and help Kou reconcile with Mitsuba.

However, when both of them reached the Boundary, the damage has been done. Nene is put to sleep, and Mitsuba becomes one with No. 3 with Tsukasa's own concoction, so much so that it caught Kou angrily off-guard.

Despite the comedy of Mitsuba's reason still fledgling within the new-earned position, Kou's confirmation that Mitsuba being brainwashed by Tsukasa's magic so much he doesn't recognise him, is a total heartbreak.

But it seems that Mitsuba CAN STILL struggle with Tsukasa's power while being pretentious about it. What's his game plan to overthrow Tsukasa, and get them back on track.

For Natsuhiko through, his trio of Sakura, Tsukasa and the strange addition of Mitsuba just sold him as a third-wheel. Nice for post-credits.

The finale with the Little Mermaid arc, surely we can't just stop here without a Season 2, aren't we?
Mar 20, 2020 9:19 AM
May 2019
Tsukasa, holy, he's so twisted. He ripped the heart of the 3rd wonder and made Mitsuba eat it.
But I hope Mitsuba will betrray him.
Mar 20, 2020 1:05 PM

Jul 2016
Bullying Mitsuba knows no ends, it seems.

Average episode overall. As I said before, I don't really care about Mitsuba but at least, the bits of info such as Tsukasa being able to kill Mysteries within their domain was interesting enough.

Anyways, one more episode to go. Wonder if there will be any second season announcement next week.
Mar 20, 2020 2:09 PM
Nov 2019
This episode was pretty crazy, but it felt kinda slow.

Mar 20, 2020 5:07 PM

Sep 2011
So the Mitsuba that Kou once knew is truly gone, and the one we have here was created by Tsukasa with a piece of Mitsuba's soul. So that's why he has no memories, but he still has Mitsuba's soul, he is still Mitsuba. He acts like himself, and he even gave Kou that same nickname because of his earring. So it's great, but also really sad. I love that Kou made sure to grasp his hand, even though it was no longer human, and to introduce himself though. And also how he was still trying to understand how Mitsuba must have felt, even before meeting him again. And the way he told Tsukasa that Mitsuba isn't his toy was also great. I'm kind of mad at Hanako though. Tsukasa trampled over Mitsuba and he just shrugged it off without really caring about how it affected Kou or what Mitsuba went through. And it might be his duty or something, but now the first thing he tried to do was to "deal" with Mitsuba again because he is a "pure apparition" or something. But he already exists, and he already feels. Hanako also shows no sign of wanting to deal with Tsukasa, who is responsible for it all, either. So I'm glad he couldn't do anything for now, and I believe that both Kou and Yashiro are going to stand up for Mitsuba against Tsukasa like they already did. But I'm worried. Mitsuba is totally under Tsukasa's control already, and I don't see things getting better. I wonder if Hanako would be so lenient with Tsukasa if he knew that he almost crushed Yashiro's head... A pity there's only one episode left.
Mar 21, 2020 8:57 AM
Dec 2017
I think hanako's yorishiro is on tsukasa face
Mar 21, 2020 9:57 AM
May 2018
Ashlyn_Desu said:
deiu said:

Definitely read the manga!!! The anime has skipped some parts and then re arranged them and has skipped over the most important arc and one of the cutest chapters ever (ch. 29) I love this series so much so I don't want to hate on it but the anime hasn't done its justice in some parts...

I will definitely start reading it <3 yea i heard about a "mermaid arc" that wasn't included and i'm really intrigued about everything!! Thanks for recommending the manga btw ^-^
Mar 21, 2020 10:50 AM
Jan 2019
I'm seeing a lot of manga readers being baffled by the fact the Little mermaid arc is the last episode (as it's apparently a really strange way or rearranging manga arcs) and there's no way they can wrap up things like that, so as an anime only I can't help but hope we do see a 2nd season sometime soon in the future.
Mar 21, 2020 11:24 AM

Oct 2019
deiu said:
Ashlyn_Desu said:

I will definitely start reading it <3 yea i heard about a "mermaid arc" that wasn't included and i'm really intrigued about everything!! Thanks for recommending the manga btw ^-^

No problem ^ ^ and yeah they did skip it and are coming back to it in the next episode they also skipped a bunch of other things so I'd recommend starting from ch.1 :)
Mar 21, 2020 9:31 PM
Aug 2019
I really Loved this episode
Mar 21, 2020 11:27 PM

Jun 2013
Not a big fan of Mitsuba but I really liked this episode. There is only one more episode left and let's hope we get a second season because the things that are happening in the manga are amazing and need to be adapted too!
臭い-
Mar 22, 2020 5:24 AM

May 2019
Tsukasa's characterisation is really intriguing. He's more than Hanako's polarity - he's like an infection, just trying to survive

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Mar 22, 2020 10:58 AM

Jun 2013
Rainling said:
Damn. I hope there’s a season 2 since I enjoyed this so much. Definitely going to be one of my favourites this year and it’s currently my favourite this season. I probably am gonna buy the manga soon too

Agree! The artwork and characters of this show have sucked me in, and I'm gonna feel empty once this first season ends.
MAL Profile (friend me!) | YouTube Vlogs
Mar 22, 2020 11:37 AM

Apr 2011
Finally caught up with this anime. Poor Mitsuba.

Can't wait to see what will happen on the next ep. I'll probably start reading the manga since I heard that they skipped a lot of stuff.

Mar 22, 2020 9:49 PM

Sep 2018
I don't know if I will hate or like Tsukasa! This anime is drama then comedy lol I don't know when to feel sad or what. The round fight is funny! Mitsuba is scared to Amane xD but he became ally with Tsukasa now :(
Mar 25, 2020 10:31 AM

Nov 2017
Yeah I'll be sad if this doesn't get a S2. The worst ones always get a S2. The best are the best cuz they know the manga is going to sell. S2 would be good.
Apr 4, 2020 5:35 PM

Aug 2017
So, the real Mitsuba is dead but a copy of him is an ally of ur heroes in the antagonist side. The battle was a little anticlimactic but well, I cannot demand more.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 8, 2020 5:37 AM

Oct 2017
Wow that was fast, Mitsuba becoming the third wonder and all that. As long as Mitsuba's still around, I'm happy yeeEET.
Apr 16, 2020 8:20 AM

Nov 2018
Tsukasa is like ''Join the dark side''.
I hate everyone equally
Apr 27, 2020 5:56 AM

Mar 2015
I never knew how much I needed a villain with severe social anxiety.
May 7, 2020 2:19 AM

Jul 2015
So basically...Natsuhiko-senpai got replaced by 7/10 guy

I wonder what Tsukasa's grand scheme is in doing all this besides "fullfilling" wishes

May 26, 2020 9:36 PM

Feb 2012
Meh
The mokkes are the best thing after Yako in this anime.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

May 28, 2020 9:20 AM

Jun 2017
...Tsukasa and Mitsuba were just acting as if Mitsuba didn't eat the apparition Number 3!😬😬

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Aug 9, 2020 11:47 PM

May 2013
The little things that Hanako does to show he really cares about Nene warms my heart TTATT
Like holding her after entering the boundary x3

Poor Mitsuba D; I dun want him to be sads and lonely anymore :(

Tsukasa was nicer in this ep :3 made me like him a little bit moar, but he's still a bad boi x'D

I want S2 hahah.
Aug 17, 2020 7:27 AM

Aug 2020
At first I hated Tsukusa, but actually, I love him now because it's so cute when him and Hanako-Kun are in the same scene because it looks like there are two Hanako-Kuns and it's totemo kawaiiiiiii!! *uwu intensifies*
Aug 20, 2020 12:31 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, this arc was designed to save Mitsuba's neck for keeping his existencies in the world of human. Hmm, such a long arc with a hectic pace to concluded that thing. Once again, Hanako's just being useless in front of his brother. The reason still unknown, for fuck sake! Even with the purposes of Nene. Was she just an accesories there? Without anything necessary for the plot sake? In my point of view, her attendance there was a complete useless. Because, its almost Tsukasa worked to save Mitsuba. Even Hanako Amane just wanted to get rid of him. What a disaster twist, i might confused. However, since the next one was its final. I am considering it as an okay arc. Not gonna mention how Natsuhiko could survived, and Sakura plotting use of this show. Oh, well, lets end this. I may conclude my scores after watching this.

Oh, i forgot, poor that previously raven spirit that acted as a number three. With the way Tsukasa did a job there, by taking his life pretty accurate and easy, i doubt the status of Hanako Amane as number seven. Was he really a leader on that group of apparitions? Just, stopped being pussy in front of your dead ass brother!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 9, 2020 6:44 PM

Aug 2020
I really don't know how to feel about Tsukasa. I really don't understand his character. I know he's supposedly the "villain" in a way but I don't entirely understand his motives. I think I might have to read the manga.

Dec 12, 2020 11:50 AM

Nov 2008
Does anybody happen to know the name or OST album track number for the music that plays at around 15:28, when Hanako plans to fight Mitsuba?

EDIT: found it, it's Disc 2 track 12 "スタラクション"
GenoardDec 12, 2020 11:54 AM
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jan 19, 2021 8:34 PM

Jan 2020
it was a bit boring, but not at the same time since tsukasa and hanako were there, also because there were some touchy moments with kou and mitsuba.
hanako and tsukasa are what keep this anime going for me~

the OST in this anime is amazing~ so is the OP and ED ~~ hanako and tsukasa's had outstanding voice acting <3
i just learned that hanako's voice actor voiced both hanako and tsukasa.
3099Jan 19, 2021 8:37 PM
Jan 28, 2021 5:55 AM

Jun 2020
feel like the emotion between mitsuba and kou could've been executed better if the directors prioritized sentiment over comedy. some jokes and transitions were thrown in between their interactions with no effect. also, i am really noticing how stagnant, although pretty, the animation is as pointed out in last episode's thread. there isn't much movement going on at all other than lipsyncing :(
Jun 29, 2021 3:37 PM
Apr 2020
Mitsuba and Kou's reunion is kinda sad. I wonder if Mitsuba will ever remember Kou..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2020

124 by Inacio0101 »»
Apr 21, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Does the recently Aired spin off covered the missing parts of manga ? Or different story

chukesh007 - Jan 29

3 by emirw »»
Jan 30, 4:36 PM

» Can i get a song list

dicloflom - Dec 28, 2023

7 by dicloflom »»
Jan 12, 5:52 AM

Poll: » Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

139 by luviendsol »»
Dec 23, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

55 by nanajp »»
Dec 17, 2023 12:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.