Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 14 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 25, 2019 8:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Parental love is a beautiful thing. They really are devoted to protect Myne as family together.

That escalated quickly though. And it didn't take long to evoke Myne's anger similar to one of the previous episodes. For a season's finale, they made this pretty dramatic if you ask me. Now I can't wait for the second cour. 8/10.

This is a face you don't want to mess with
Stark700Dec 25, 2019 8:19 AM
Dec 25, 2019 9:28 AM
Jan 2014
Return of the Darth Myne
Dec 25, 2019 9:38 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Parental love is a beautiful thing. They really are devoted to protect Myne as family together.

That escalated quickly though. And it didn't take long to evoke Myne's anger similar to one of the previous episodes. For a season's finale, they made this pretty dramatic if you ask me. Now I can't wait for the second cour. 8/10.

A bit of a random question, sorry if this isn't the place but I cant message or comment on your profile. Just wondering when the reviews for this show are allowed given that the last episode just aired in Japan, but the new reviews are all preliminary.
Dec 25, 2019 9:40 AM

Nov 2011
ACasualViewer said:
A bit of a random question, sorry if this isn't the place but I cant message or comment on your profile. Just wondering when the reviews for this show are allowed given that the last episode just aired in Japan, but the new reviews are all preliminary.

You have to ask an anime mod to set the show as complete. That's how the current review system works when a show hasn't been updated yet.
Dec 25, 2019 10:03 AM
Aug 2012
That was an epic closure for the first season. It was a refreshing anime for me, considering there is not much Nichijou-kei anime with an elaborate story like this one probably in the last 10 years I watched anime. 10/10

now I wait for second season.
Dec 25, 2019 10:13 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
myonlylovesakura said:
That was an epic closure for the first season. It was a refreshing anime for me, considering there is not much Nichijou-kei anime with an elaborate story like this one probably in the last 10 years I watched anime. 10/10

now I wait for second season.

That is some really high praise, well it was definitely the most unique isekai I seen in a few years.
Dec 25, 2019 10:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Solid and a very heartwarming finale!

I'm so glad that this marks my 10,000th episode, this has been a really good show! Definitely one of my favourite Isekai shows of the year!

Maine's father is the real G, yo! Absolutely loved those badass moments of his! Maine's dark mode activating scene was freakin' lit too, good thing the Priest managed to let her snap back to reality just in the nick of time however. God, that darn old man though.

Got to give a round of applause to the Priest as well, he's a real dime! I'm sure Maine will make up to him in her own way as an apprentice shrine-maiden. Pretty good short speech there from her to enlighten the Priest there, by the way.

Turi and Lutz awaiting her arrival and dat embrace in the end was really sweet, they've been fantastic characters from start to finish! I can't wait for Spring 2020 to see them all back again!

Overall, I'll award this show a solid 8/10! Animation Quality was iffy as a whole and the Sound Department just about fine but the other Departments were all nothing short of fab although it took a bit of time to acclimatize at first.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 25, 2019 11:03 AM

Jul 2017
im confused ,the devouring is when a commoner has mana, and she told the priest that, so how did he not know they were commoners from that?
Dec 25, 2019 11:06 AM
Sep 2015
I thought Main can get away with her intellectual alone, but look like she has to use her magic power too. And that group of priests look so weak that I think Main's dad can deal with all of them without her Crushing. (Main's dad must be seriously hot in his younger age, though he is still hot today, like DILF)

Also no wonder why there's a coup and reduction in noble's number, though I'm quite confuse at the relationship between noble and churce, when high priest act arrogant Main wonder why Nobles are like this, but to my knowledge church is not the same as nobility, they may have win-win relationship, but they're obviously not the same, may be in this world setting, church is a part of nobility?
Dec 25, 2019 11:09 AM
Sep 2015
Zerity said:
im confused ,the devouring is when a commoner has mana, and she told the priest that, so how did he not know they were commoners from that?

I think he knows, but he kinda expect Main to be a daughter of rich commoners that also hold a power in the city, just like Frida?
Dec 25, 2019 11:17 AM
Aug 2019
That escalated quickly it was nice to see that the head priest can calm Maine down.
And now we wait for the 2nd season.

Dec 25, 2019 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
Two episodes in one day. It really is Christmas today.

Good thing Maine was able to handle that High Preist with her 'crushing'. What a bastard!.

Maine embracing her sister Turi at the end was so sweet.

9/10 for this anime. Looking forward to season 2!
LeoDec 26, 2019 8:28 AM

Dec 25, 2019 11:30 AM

Jul 2017
phantomfandom said:
Zerity said:

I think he knows, but he kinda expect Main to be a daughter of rich commoners that also hold a power in the city, just like Frida?

makes sense, i see now.
Dec 25, 2019 11:35 AM

Dec 2013
Loved every min of this show, the most comfy anime in a while, every character was so unique and kind on their own way, can't decide who is my favorite character, Can't wait for season 2.
Dec 25, 2019 11:42 AM
Mar 2013
phantomfandom said:
Zerity said:

Yes, the high priest seemed happy with the prospective donation from Myne's parents and making a connection between his organisation and the rich family in the city. And then, he was displeased with the fact that they were poor. (Even Myne is very rich now, that is unimaginable to him.)
htsujiDec 25, 2019 12:17 PM
Dec 25, 2019 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
This was actually the anime i enjoy the most since a lot of season.
There was this thing of natural "super natural/magic" anime, this natural "Fantasy", hard to explain but i almost never seen an anime where "magic/super natural" and "Fantasy" looks real. Every portion of magic and fantasy has been included in a strong and very smart way that's not let's me say in my mind "this is not real" like i do with other anime that's include this kind of fantasy/magic.

I hope the best for the next season.
Dec 25, 2019 12:04 PM

Mar 2013
So she will be an apprentice, her tutor will be the head priest. Nice! cause he is a noble and can give her magical itens to treat her, and he can also help her controlling her mana.

It was a nice anime, for me best of the season so far.
Dec 25, 2019 12:05 PM
May 2017
Great series! Good art and animation, very good music, great characters and their chemistry, especially Maine's family's and Maine and Lutz's. I love Maine.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 25, 2019 12:10 PM

Nov 2010
_MushiRock11_ said:

Especially heartwarming for the fat noble priest.
Dec 25, 2019 12:24 PM
Jun 2016
I'm very satisfied to see that fat noble priest got choked.
Dec 25, 2019 12:26 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was really good and healing, so much hype for second season
Dec 25, 2019 12:29 PM

Nov 2013
i need a gif of the last scene when Maine was clapping lol

anyway, this sure was an interesting way to end, people who think they can just get their way through force should end up like that

Maine "talking" through telepathy sure was cool and sounded good =D

glad to see her getting the special treatment with a blue robe, let's see what she can do on the church on season 2 =D
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Dec 25, 2019 12:57 PM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Syliph said:
I'm very satisfied to see that fat noble priest got choked.

Maine went terminator on them, I wish she finished the job, but I guess there are good reasons for her to not murder him.
Dec 25, 2019 1:02 PM

Feb 2013
First season adapted around 3 volumes and second season will have likely 4 volumes into it, which only would make 9 volumes adapted. Original LN has right now 22 volumes and the series isn't even about to end, so I wonder how much seasons we'll get into the future for this series as we probably will need much more than 6 to have it completed.
Dec 25, 2019 1:08 PM

Oct 2018
Don't fuck with Maine!

I've loved this anime so much, 10/10. My favorite anime from this season!
Looking forward to season 2 in spring!
-Aincrad-Dec 26, 2019 9:38 AM
Dec 25, 2019 1:10 PM

Apr 2015
Quite the final!

It was really awesome seeing Main's family fighting for her life/future. Especially Gunther, he risked his own life stand up for his daughter. Dad of the year! I think Main losing control of her emotions was the best thing that could have happened to her.

Most Anime portray nobles as very nasty people and this high priest was no exception, he got what he deserved. The head priest stepping in was good. They actually got the discussion they were invited for. So Main will be a apprentice priestess, in a blue robe. Not gonna lie, the first episode had already given away it was going to happen but doesn't take away that the journey towards it was pretty great. I am glad the second season is already coming in the near future.

Overall, I think this is a hidden gem of the season, that even I slept on for 12 weeks! Shame on me..

8/10
, I might even give it a 9/10. Really enjoyable and something different when it comes to Isekai Anime.

Dec 25, 2019 1:57 PM

Feb 2017
zwolf12 said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

Especially heartwarming for the fat noble priest.

LOL, that was a good one zwolf12 xd
Dec 25, 2019 1:59 PM

Feb 2017
A super solid 8/10, loved every bit of this anime <3
Angry Myne is scary but the high priest deserved what he got!
Dec 25, 2019 2:03 PM
Dec 2018
Good ending for this first season, they gave us a beautiful parent's love show.
this isekai was so refreshin. 8/10.
Dec 25, 2019 2:08 PM

Aug 2015
Damn that score went up nicely. After the initial PVs I assumed this would be a horrible adaption, but I'm relatively happy how it turned out. The art and animation are still relatively bad, but an adaption that is faithful and not too rushed seems to already be asking too much these days, so I'm satisfied.

Now I only hope they don't rush part 2, though I do want to see the part 2 climax adapted.
Kami-KotoDec 25, 2019 3:10 PM
Dec 25, 2019 2:27 PM

Oct 2010
Original PVs also made me think this would be garbage lol. A bit slow at times, but very enjoyable and interesting. Can't wait to see where Season 2 goes
Dec 25, 2019 2:41 PM
Feb 2009
what a heartwarming series and way to Main choking that dumb priest
Dec 25, 2019 2:46 PM

Jan 2016
Straight away I'm gonna begin with giving this a 9/10. I have yet to see an Anime that gives me such a blissful feel of happiness as with this one.

The characters are amazing, starting of with our MC Myne. The thing with Myne that people haven't understood well enough is that she's a child with a brain of a child, but she has the memories of her previous life. This means that she while she is smarter than an average 7 year old, she's still a child and that's why she'll make questionable choices.

Her family is beautiful, it's great to see such a caring and tightknight family for once. Lutz is best boy!

I've binge read the books up until the current translation and while they are better, I still feel like it's a fantastic adaptation because it captures the atmosphere of the story so well.

Again, I never thought I'd give this a 9. But when a story is so well written with such a wonderful cast, you just have to give credit where it's due. It's not as flashy as some other animes, but it does things that most other anime and authors can just dream of creating

See ya'll for season 2
Dec 25, 2019 3:31 PM
Nov 2018
The moment I saw the parents show up in those commoner clothes, I knew things weren't gonna go well for them. I get how Maine was too naive to see it coming but even Benno couldn't be bothered to give them a heads up? Couple that with Turi crying about how nobles straight up kill commoners for even looking the wrong way, and it just looks stupid how the parents didn't buy/borrow/make some Noble looking clothes. Especially with how obvious it was that the priests thought Maine was rich just a few episodes ago.

Tho regardless of how cliche it was, I still enjoyed Maine going berserker on the asshat.

Lovely series overall. 8.5/10
Dec 25, 2019 3:41 PM
Nov 2015
Changing her voice was totally unnecessary, it just made the whole scene weird.
Dec 25, 2019 4:01 PM
Nov 2019
Sleeper hit of the season for me...

art/animation was a bit rough in places and a few bits of narrative that didn't quite work that stops me giving it a 10 but its 100% 9 out of 10.

Looking forwards to season 2.

Evil myne doing a Darth Vader on the priest - priceless....
Dec 25, 2019 4:17 PM
Feb 2018
Nice, her dad showing why he is the captain. It's also interesting to see her going with this modern mindset where everyone is the same, and taking a bucket of cold water in the face. And of course, the superpower part was cool as well.
Dec 25, 2019 4:33 PM

Oct 2017
Can't wait for next season!

penrhos said:
Sleeper hit of the season for me...

art/animation was a bit rough in places and a few bits of narrative that didn't quite work that stops me giving it a 10 but its 100% 9 out of 10.

Looking forwards to season 2.

Evil myne doing a Darth Vader on the priest - priceless....

The only rough thing i noticed is when someone talking is shown from the side and their mouth animation seems too far from the profile borders.

btw. funny that i just watched the latest SW movie before seeing these last two episodes, lol.

viva Darth Maine
Dec 25, 2019 6:11 PM
Dec 2019
-Aincrad- said:
Don't fuck with Mine!

I've loved this anime so much, 10/10. Looking forward to season 2 in spring!

Never mess with someone who can bring down divine power. I think there is supposed to be a bit of wordplay on mana and manna, the former being a south east asian concept of spiritual energy and the latter being a middle eastern (specifically hebrew) idea of divinely granted life-stuff. That Main has access to this well of being and applies it in accordance to an idea of justice seems to imply a sort of divine nature to her character.

I am kind of interested to see what sort of book she will author,since her interest in stories seems to be a lot of theology. It almost seems like she is going to end up causing a sort of iconoclasm, where her text tries to reform society to dissolve the lines between nobles and commoners.

A great show either way, nothing mind blowing in the animation but still worth watching for anyone who cares for light-hearted fantasy.
Dec 25, 2019 6:27 PM
May 2016
WOw another show that went all dark at the end (Cautious Hero) though I guess this was foreshadowed a little more, especially Turi the night before. Still great episode and overall just a great show just a pure delight to watch every week.
Dec 25, 2019 7:12 PM

Feb 2016
I knew from the beginning that this wouldn't be your typical Isekai, but I really wasn't sure of what to expect from this anime, I thought it would be a heartwarming Slice of Life with some sad moments and lighthearted comedy, but it ended up being a well directed fantasy anime with great world building, great characters and some damn powerful scenes that didn't require of fantastic animation or soundtrack. This anime was the big surprise as well as the most refreshing show I've seen this year (or probably in ages).

Just when I thought we would have some cliché events with the nobility and Myne's father, this show just turned it around and blew my mind. Really looking forward for second season!

7.5/10
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 25, 2019 8:03 PM
Mar 2015
Glad so many people are supporting Maine
Dec 25, 2019 8:25 PM

Jun 2019
Best Isekai this year and my favorite show this season. Definitely hyped for season 2.
Dec 25, 2019 8:34 PM

Jul 2017
I suspect the the High Priest had The Devouring and was in a similar situation with Main before. From what he said, it seemed so but failed in some aspects?
Anyways, Good show, this is one of the most underappreciated shows this season with Kono Oto Tomare. 8/10 I can't wait for season 2.

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Dec 25, 2019 9:18 PM
Mar 2015
Glad she was able to crush the priest
Dec 25, 2019 9:24 PM

Aug 2014
This being the last episode of the season just leaves a bad taste. Fuck the church, fuck the high priest, and fuck the head priest. Everyone's far too trusting of the head priest, and Myne's parents are far too willing to let her apprentice at the church, conditions and all. Still love the show, but don't love how the conflict was brushed aside and how the ending was set up to be happy.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 25, 2019 9:26 PM
May 2019
This episode was so satisfying. Exactly what I wanted to happen - happened. That's the thing about this show, it never lets you down. Because of other anime, the entire way through, I'm expecting characters to make dumb or nonsensical decisions for the sake of an easy plot point workaround. But not once did one of those tropes happen, instead characters behave like real people, instead of a narrative device. I was consistently surprised and impressed by the writing. I adore this show, and hope next season keeps the same pace.
Dec 25, 2019 10:12 PM

May 2017
Trully the best anime out of this season for me, it was fun, enjoyable, relaxing and heartwarming to watch! Really can't wait for the second season, i hope more ppl give this great series chance...
Dec 25, 2019 10:22 PM

Feb 2013
It's hilarious to look at older threads before the anime began and see a bunch of idiots calling it generic and shit based on nothing but synopsis when we all that have read the LN knew that it was going to be great due to the strenght of the characters and story. Next time people should hear perspectives more instead of doing such things.
Dec 26, 2019 12:25 AM
Dec 2017
Zerity said:
anyone can acquire it, even the noble daughter has it. But when a commoner has it it’s common for them not to make it past the baptism Ceremony
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2019

67 by AnchientProphet2 »»
May 27, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

161 by AnchientProphet2 »»
May 27, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

92 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 6:04 PM

» Anime or manga

Hickykissy - Mar 26

6 by Phoenix35 »»
Mar 29, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

74 by Paczek-12 »»
Feb 21, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.