Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Teasing Master Takagi-san
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 28, 2019 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh arm wrestling. Nishikata isn't actually bad at it. That is...until he faces off against Takagi.

The fact that one of the past incidents distracted him is rather cute and amusing imo. The teasing never ends. Nice to see Mina and her friends again. The vending machine part was also kinda cute.
Jul 28, 2019 12:30 PM

May 2011
Wasn't expecting such lewd content in a wholesome show.

Jul 28, 2019 6:08 PM
May 2019
This show's very light, yet so heartwarming. I love how Nishikata sorta learn from his past, but still loses anyways. And, damn Takagi, you're really got no honor in the arm wrestling, huh?
Jul 28, 2019 6:16 PM
Apr 2016
Takagi sure got him at arm wrestling, I knew he'd get flustered and lose from the beginning, haha. It's cool how she's leaving a bunch of hints that she loves him, she didn't at season 1. Very sweet episode.
Jul 28, 2019 9:05 PM
Oct 2017
Great episode. I don't read the manga for the main series but I do read the future one where

Can someone tell me if they're close to hooking up or has it not happened in the main series manga as well?
Jul 28, 2019 9:06 PM

Oct 2015
The arm wrestling was just an excuse by Takagi to hold Nishikata's hand, how very cute! The bicycle story was also very cute, I guess she wanted to have fun with him without it.

Cute show and so innocent. Almost like a silent fart, it doesn't stand out. But it needs a bit of intensity, like throw in a test to their relationship/acquittance, like a third love interest to spice things up.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 28, 2019 9:52 PM

Oct 2012
lihle808 said:
The arm wrestling was just an excuse by Takagi to hold Nishikata's hand, how very cute! The bicycle story was also very cute, I guess she wanted to have fun with him without it.

Cute show and so innocent. Almost like a silent fart, it doesn't stand out. But it needs a bit of intensity, like throw in a test to their relationship/acquittance, like a third love interest to spice things up.

Your similes need some work. I love this show but it does seem to be getting a bit samey.
Jul 28, 2019 10:18 PM
Feb 2009
too wholesome I was smiling the entire time lol
Jul 28, 2019 11:29 PM

Oct 2017
I knew it lol that Nishikata would get distracted holding her soft hands in the arm wrestling part. Also lol Takagi sure can read nishikata like an open book and come on man get a hint already Nishikata, she doesnt always tease u .Sometimes she really means it like when she wanted to hold hands at the guessing part.
Jul 29, 2019 12:13 AM

Apr 2019
CasshernSins said:
Great episode. I don't read the manga for the main series but I do read the future one where

Can someone tell me if they're close to hooking up or has it not happened in the main series manga as well?

Not even close bro. You know how these slice of life be, they will continue to have such sweet interactions forever. Its not that I am complaining. I love it the way it is.
No they are not close to hooking up and are very far from even confessing. (Ironic but the latest chapter in the manga is titled "CONFESSION")
neyhymJul 29, 2019 12:21 AM
Jul 29, 2019 1:52 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Anybody wondering about Takagi's second answer/response, it was "I wanted to walk to school holding your hand, that is why I left it.".

This anime is so goddman sweet.

5/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 29, 2019 5:24 AM

Jul 2014
Takagi is becoming more bold with her schemes now, and the show is becoming even cuter because of it.
Jul 29, 2019 5:57 AM

Jun 2017
Yet another cute and heartwarming episode and as always, the win goes to Takagi. Nishikata's plans always backfires on him lol
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jul 29, 2019 6:13 AM

Apr 2018
Mina still looks like a kid even after acting mature, I love her. I wonder when takagi will be more honest about her feelings instead of just hinting it out
Jul 29, 2019 7:07 AM

Mar 2016
Dammit, Nishikata!! Why?! LMAO!!
Homeboy just keeps taking Ls, even in a test of physical strength xD
Jul 29, 2019 7:13 AM

Aug 2013
Nishikata is pretty good with arm wrestling. All those intense push-ups paid off. (Though he only does three lol).

Jul 29, 2019 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
Houjou's hair is darker than I expected.
Jul 29, 2019 12:19 PM

Mar 2018
Leo said:
Nishikata is pretty good with arm wrestling. All those intense push-ups paid off. (Though he only does three lol).

He does three for every time Takagi teases him, if you think of how many times Takagi does tease him throughout the day... that's why he can't tell his friends how many push-ups he does a day, because one day she might tease him 5 times, the next might be 10 times... we only know that she always wins. And he does pushups as self punishment.

In the spin-off manga he does have an impressive six-pack.
Jul 29, 2019 12:57 PM
Sep 2017
This show washes my soul in wholesome goodness week after week.
Jul 29, 2019 3:21 PM

Jan 2010
Well she didn’t lie, if it were for her she would go all days holding hands with him but I do believe that she left her bike because the brakes, she didn’t cheat with lies but there was no way of nishikata wining in the end.
Jul 29, 2019 4:20 PM
Mar 2015
She does lead him around by the nose. He just can't help falling into her trap
Jul 29, 2019 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
Avi_Verma said:
CasshernSins said:

Not even close bro. You know how these slice of life be, they will continue to have such sweet interactions forever. Its not that I am complaining. I love it the way it is.
No they are not close to hooking up and are very far from even confessing. (Ironic but the latest chapter in the manga is titled "CONFESSION")
but they showed their married life that's more than enough. If they hooked up the series will end so I'm good.
Jul 29, 2019 5:30 PM
Jul 2018
Leo said:
nope he increases by three every day he gets teased. They add up fast cause of Takagi
Jul 29, 2019 6:13 PM
Oct 2017
Avi_Verma said:
CasshernSins said:

I see. It's not like I'm in a rush or anything but the (Moto) manga had already shown flashbacks to what people are speculating to be

These scenes more or less show them at their current art-style in season 2 (age, appearance, etc).
Jul 29, 2019 8:30 PM
Mar 2017
This episode had extreme doses of sweetness, Nishikata can be strong among his friends, but Takagi-chan has the power of teasing and that makes her invincible.
I knew when they showed Takagi watching Nishikata playing arm wrestling, she planned in her mind how to tease him.
Nishikata remembered when he took Takagi-chan's hand to save her from falling to the river and he blushed, obviously Takagi noticed that and did not miss the opportunity of teasing him.
How cute was when Nishikata describes what it is like to hold Takagi-chan's hand, but then we see how Takagi-chan struggle to move Nishikata hand, that was extremely adorable, but in the end it was all a trap planned by Takagi and so Nishikata lost and then to ask for the rematch, Nishikata loses for the second time, but at least she helps him finish cleaning the room and then go home together, in the end they both won.
Mina is too cute, among the side characters she is my favorite, I found it too adorable that she tried to act more adult in front of Sanae and Yukari.

It's funny that all Nishikata classmates believe he and Takagi are a couple and Nishikata is the only one to deny it.
Nishikata tries to drink coffee to look more grown-up, but he can't stand bitter things and in the end his plan fails and Takagi-chan tees him with his failure, but it seemed too adorable to see Takagi offer to change drinks and the part in which Takagi She offers Nishikata a sip of her drink and then she tease him with indirect kiss was so hilarious.
The last segment with the challenge of knowing what happened to Takagi's bike made me laugh for a while, from the beginning Nishikata never had a chance to win, Takagi-chan had the boy dancing in the palm of his hand, but in the end it was Obviously, Takagi just wanted to walk with Nishikata.

Takagi's close-ups were beautiful, every time I see a close up of her staring at Nishikata, the sweetness breaks limits, it's too adorable, I'm grateful for this beautiful second season.
Jul 29, 2019 10:45 PM

Apr 2019
CasshernSins said:
Avi_Verma said:

I see. It's not like I'm in a rush or anything but the (Moto) manga had already shown flashbacks to what people are speculating to be

These scenes more or less show them at their current art-style in season 2 (age, appearance, etc).

Oh, I didn't speculated it as a prior confession scene but I see why people think it is. Although I personally don't think so. Doesn't matter as long as the series continue.
BTW thanks for sharing.
Jul 30, 2019 7:03 AM

Nov 2011
Why won't they let Nishikata win, even just once :(

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 31, 2019 2:49 AM

Jul 2017
Dayum Nishikata, you lost at the romantic aspect of arm wrestling.

Even worse, the simple reason of Takagi wanting to walk with Nishikata even when she doesn't have her bike. Loosen your grip ya boy!

Another cute episode.
Jul 31, 2019 2:51 AM

Jan 2011
Zee530 said:
Why won't they let Nishikata win, even just once :(

What do you mean, he has already won the war :)
Nothing else matters :)
Jul 31, 2019 7:53 AM

Jan 2018
holy shit Takagi what were the sounds you were making while arm wrestling?
LEGOF said:

This is the kind of stuff I've heard fuck
Jul 31, 2019 2:34 PM

May 2018
"Tell us Kimura", as always Kimura is the boss of this anime. Also, what? Takagi just trolled Nishikata into guessing some reason why she doesn't have a bicycle that day. I don't like this part cause I thought Nishikata was right to guess that the brake is the reason, but the scene where they tour is a good one... I guess it is balanced. Nishikata always makes this victory smile but still doesn't win, I'd like to see both of them in college... That would be pretty matured, I guess.

KlinyKlinn said:
holy shit Takagi what were the sounds you were making while arm wrestling?
LEGOF said:

This is the kind of stuff I've heard fuck

I was silent on this part, I don't know what to say.
EsieEyenJul 31, 2019 2:42 PM

Aug 2, 2019 3:01 AM
Jun 2017
My favorite episode so far among this second season, i mean i love the whole part of this one especially the ARM WRESTLING AND THE BIKE PART..

Arm wrestling- or the HOLDING HANDS PART 😍😍😍😍, at the start alone, when he is being asked by his friends how he became strong, the scene said while he is having some push up, he is saying takagi... ohh thats the MOTIVATION... 😍😍😍😍

AND WHEN TAKAGI AND HE DID IT, HE LOSE TWICE. HAHAHA... but for me he is still a BIG WINNER SINCE HE HAS ABLE TO HOLD TAKAGI- SAN HANDS AND thats 2x in a row. Yeah!!!

BIKE PART- or shall i say DATE PART- that whole part showed how Takagi is still kid at heart, but you cant remove the fact that MOMENT they have is so SWEET.

Love this episode and im going to rewatch it later. Its so sweet... 😍😍😍
Aug 3, 2019 6:02 AM

Jul 2015
Where I can watch it subbed? It was almost a week and still nothing.

Aug 3, 2019 10:47 AM

Apr 2011
Another good episode!

5/5

Aug 4, 2019 5:19 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I loved briefly getting to hear Boogiepop's voice again! Hoping to hear more from her character soon.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Aug 4, 2019 6:24 PM
Jan 2019
Hahaha, I also believed that Nishikata's answer about the bicycle was the correct one. I also fell into the trap of Takagi.
Aug 12, 2019 8:17 PM

Dec 2016
Nishikata needs to get his shit together and hold Takagi's hand already lmaoooo
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 20, 2019 8:57 AM

Mar 2012
Not nearly as enjoyable as season 1, they are unnecessarily trying to give those boring useless side characters some screentime and ruining it.
Aug 23, 2019 4:00 AM

Oct 2007
Cute when Takagi was pretending to struggle in the arm wrestle. ^^

Also Mina still best girl. Trying to be mature. hehe
Sep 14, 2019 3:20 AM
Sep 2019
that was really great 💖❤❤
Sep 25, 2019 1:43 AM

Mar 2015
Ah great now Nishikata's entering a chuuni phase
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 9, 2019 6:39 AM

May 2015
Coffee scene was reallly funny.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 13, 2019 9:24 AM

Jul 2015
Months of doing pushups wasted, all because of the teasing

I bet the other answer to why she didn't brought her bike was probably to hold hands ͡°‿‿ ͡°

Oct 24, 2019 6:35 AM

Aug 2017
Such a clever and sweet cartoon. One of my favorites. I'm never disappointed with episodes.
Feb 17, 2020 12:55 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was just Nishikata being an idiot over and over again.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 21, 2020 1:49 AM

Aug 2020
Nice episode. Arm wrestling and the bike part were easily the best parts, but the rest was pretty strong too.
Jul 4, 2021 6:51 AM

Apr 2013
Of course she would tease him to win the wrestling match, though I did not think he would fall for the "I'm acting like I'm horribly weak" trick. When it comes to the bike I was actually sure the "brakes" answer was the right one after all, well play Takagi-san.
Sep 10, 2021 9:37 AM

Feb 2021
The arm wrestling though lol.

Nishikata's relentless pushups sure helped him though.

The simple reason of Takagi not having a bicycle was cause she was hoping to hold hands with Nishikata on their way to school (I guess) :)

Oct 18, 2021 8:45 AM

Jun 2020
Arm wrestling but it's Brawns vs Brains and we all know who's who guess he needed more tips from Saitama but hey those push ups are still a great start

Still can't handle the bitterness of coffee I swear that isn't the signal in becoming like an adult more like a habit

Well Takagi should do this more often than not it's refreshing to see them walk around to school.

Jan 3, 2022 11:40 PM

Dec 2020
nishikata doing push-ups for every time takagi teases him be paying offf good for him lmao

him getting embarassment was really cute too but question, are guys' hands really that different?? this always happens like "her hands are so softt" or "i guess he is a guy huh, his hands are big.." i thought those were just reactions since they usually like the other person but🤔🤔🤔
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zamandzoe - Sep 1, 2019

71 by TLoC »»
May 22, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2019

196 by _untitled »»
Mar 24, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zamandzoe - Sep 15, 2019

131 by _untitled »»
Mar 23, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2019

77 by _untitled »»
Mar 22, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2019

49 by _untitled »»
Mar 20, 3:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.