Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 8, 2018 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah shit, that was another assassination attempt. Good thing Ash was there to make a timely save or Eiji might of been a goner.

The episode/show continues to build Ash and Eiji's relationship which I think is a prominent part of the whole anime by this point. Eiji caught a flu this episode and Ash even goes out his way to take care of him heh

Ash runs into trouble again and gets beat up. I swear, he's always running into trouble.
Nov 8, 2018 10:24 AM

Jan 2018
of course he got sick... typical anime, lol
Nov 8, 2018 10:51 AM

Mar 2012
Interesting detail missing from the anime that is in the manga is Ibe and Eiji mentioning they have been in the US for a year now. They also cut Blanca throwing a knife right into a pic of Eiji before the actual shooting.

Solid adaptation but I am REALLY worried about time constraints now. If they are planning on keeping the person missing from the opening, then things will really be rushed from here. I think the following episodes will broken down to. For manga readers only. Anime only viewers, read at your own risk.

Thorf said:

I wish I could joke about this but there's a fan theory I really believe on why he was sick. Would recommend looking it up after series is done airing if you haven't read the manga.
MetaKiteNov 15, 2018 11:23 AM
Nov 8, 2018 10:52 AM

Mar 2015
I knew something like this would happen with all that conversation about Eiji wanting Ash to go to Japan with him ....

Argh my heart when i saw his face in the end, let this have a good ending, please.
Nov 8, 2018 11:06 AM

Apr 2017
oh man i'm feeling so many things right now. eiji telling ash he wants to take him to japan made my heart swell....and ash doing literally anything to protect eiji - including going back with golzine - shattered it to pieces. this anime is literally breaking me but i'm loving every second of it. planning on reading the manga after it's done airing even if i already know the ending bc some people can't put spoiler tags or warnings on tumblr. this is shaping up to be one of my favorite anime of all time.
Nov 8, 2018 11:19 AM

Dec 2014
Damn ash was turned in just like that..... love is truly a painful thing to bare sometimes
Nov 8, 2018 12:21 PM

Feb 2016
I kind of dislike when things goes too fast, but it wasn't a bad episode at all. How unfortunate for Ash, I hope that Golzine and Yut Lung suffers a brutal death.

@MetaKite I'm an anime only and I already think that some stuff has been rushed, so you're telling me that it might get even more rushed than that?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 8, 2018 12:23 PM
Nov 2015
the relationship between Ash and Eiji is very amazing. this is an other great episode. Eiji caught a flu and it's so nice that Ash take to care of him. best moments
we looking forward to see the next episode
Nov 8, 2018 1:03 PM

Feb 2018
MetaKite said:

Solid adaptation but I am REALLY worried about time constraints now. If they are planning on keeping the person missing from the opening, then things will really be rushed from here.

There may be (however miniscule the chance) that they won't show that person, now that you'd mention it.

MetaKite said:

there's a fan theory I really believe on why he was sick. Would recommend looking it up after series is done airing if you haven't read the manga.

Do you have a link by any chance to this fan theory, I think I've seen it, but I'm not so sure
Nov 8, 2018 1:04 PM

Mar 2012
HereticHunter said:
I kind of dislike when things goes too fast, but it wasn't a bad episode at all. How unfortunate for Ash, I hope that Golzine and Yut Lung suffers a brutal death.

@MetaKite I'm an anime only and I already think that some stuff has been rushed, so you're telling me that it might get even more rushed than that?
If they plan on keeping the story the same and not skipping out a whole new character and arc, then yes.

foxsuprise said:
Do you have a link by any chance to this fan theory, I think I've seen it, but I'm not so sure
PMing you.
MetaKiteNov 8, 2018 1:13 PM
Nov 8, 2018 1:50 PM

Apr 2018
Solid episode and animation. Loved OST choice and Ash´s hopeless expression in the end (I am not sadist, I just think they made it very real and emotional).
The moment Ash puts a gun at his head was very strong moment for me because it literally shows Ash is willing to put his life for Eiji any second now. And that´s a huge development from episode 1. Six more episodes to go and I just can´t wait.
“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
Nov 8, 2018 1:50 PM

Jun 2014
Each passing episode makes it harder and harder for me to believe that a happy ending is possible. That "take me to Japan when this is all over" thing gave me a seriously bad feeling, and the way this episode ended didn't help.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 8, 2018 1:54 PM

Apr 2018
MetaKite said:
HereticHunter said:

If they plan on keeping the story the same and not skipping out a whole new character and arc, then yes.

foxsuprise said:
PMing you.

Hello @MetaKite, would be willing to provide the link to me as well? Thank you.
Nov 8, 2018 2:01 PM

Jul 2017
Decent episode but it felt weak compared to most episodes from this show. Just never was able to connect with Ash nor Eiji here.
Nov 8, 2018 2:29 PM

Nov 2016
Too bad that there was really nothing else Ash could do.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 8, 2018 2:29 PM

Jun 2009
another ep that steals your breath in action and the breakfast scene for cuteness
10/10 once again
Nov 8, 2018 2:42 PM

Jun 2009
MetaKite said:
HereticHunter said:

foxsuprise said:
PMing you.

give me a pm of it as well pls
Nov 8, 2018 2:45 PM
Dec 2015
MetaKite said:

I wish I could joke about this but there's a fan theory I really believe on why he was sick. Would recommend looking it up after series is done airing if you haven't read the manga.

Where is this fan theory? I couldn't find it.
Thanks!
Nov 8, 2018 2:45 PM

Jun 2009
animejas said:
Decent episode but it felt weak compared to most episodes from this show. Just never was able to connect with Ash nor Eiji here.

oh come on give me a break where is this ep weak it has more action in it than a few anime can built up over 10 eps
why all this badmouthing over this anime its a amazing piece pls doesnt matter how god it will be always a few have too nag around and complain really pisses me off
Nov 8, 2018 3:17 PM

Sep 2011
Such a powerful episode! Eiji inviting Ash to Japan, and telling him all about it was so hard to watch because such a happy ending doesn't seem "fit" for this tale, but it was beautiful. And it was Yut-Lung who was pulling the strings all along, he doesn't even seem to have anything to gain by joining forces with Dino; I mean, he used his men to get rid of his brother, but that's pretty much the only thing that despicable demon can do, even this plan with Blanca, and the way they cornered Ash, it was all done by Yut-Lung just to get to him.

And their scenes were great too, the way he was shocked to his core when Ash pulled the trigger with no hesitation after he told him to kill himself. It's a bit ironic since he doesn't seem attached to his own life, but he can't comprehend how "someone like" Ash would throw everything away for "someone like" Eiji. I hate how Ash saw himself forced to comply with those conditions, letting go of the little they achieved, and giving up his own freedom to go back to that demon, all of it to save Eiji because it seems that Ash really can't with Blanca. The way Eiji knew Ash was lying, and all that he could do was to believe in his words: "see you later", killed me a bit inside too, just like when Ash 'said' goobye by asking Ibe to take him to Japan when all of this is over, to get to know Eiji's country, I can't. Ash finally found someone who truly cares for him, but there are people who can't stand it, and so they are trying, and managing to ruin it. I know that deep down Ash didn't truly gave up, this wouldn't end like this, but this was certainly a hard blow.

And it may be too soon to judge, but I don't like this Blanca. There is no way he doesn't know what Ash had to go through, he escaped far away because he didn't like his "role", and now he is telling his pupil, who he supposedly cares for, to be nothing more than an object which belongs to Dino. I can't see this as Blanca wishing the best for him, maybe as just a way to stay "alive", but Ash would only be a shell of what he is now.
Nov 8, 2018 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
this show stresses me the fuck out
Nov 8, 2018 3:57 PM

Jul 2017
Kannei said:
animejas said:

oh come on give me a break where is this ep weak it has more action in it than a few anime can built up over 10 eps
why all this badmouthing over this anime its a amazing piece pls doesnt matter how god it will be always a few have too nag around and complain really pisses me off

I like Banana Fish in general so you give me a break. Just because the action and the interactions today was not as interesting as before, doesn't mean I hate nor dislike this entire show. It's still an 8 on my MAL and in general, I'm still enjoying it. Just this episode wasn't that great.
animejasNov 8, 2018 4:00 PM
Nov 8, 2018 4:55 PM
May 2014
MetaKite said:
Interesting detail missing from the anime that is in the manga is Ibe and Eiji mentioning they have been in the US for a year now. They also cut Blanca throwing a knife right into a pic of Eiji before the actual shooting.

Solid adaptation but I am REALLY worried about time constraints now. If they are planning on keeping the person missing from the opening, then things will really be rushed from here. I think the following episodes will broken down to. For manga readers only. Anime only viewers, read at your own risk.

Thorf said:

Can you give me a link, please?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2018 4:56 PM

Dec 2016

I died XD Ash is taken care by Eiji from the heart. Love the comedy between these two! <3

Eiji can't handle his sarcasm XD so funny!

Ash is kind-hearted ;_; That's true friendship there <3 not to mention he gave up everything so that Eiji wouldn't get hurt.

Noo don't cry! TTATT It brakes my heart seeing Ash like this </3
PurpleGirl203Nov 8, 2018 5:10 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 8, 2018 5:02 PM

Oct 2015
So really Ash is gonna give up The Banana research, the Doctor and himself to that bastard for Eiji. He must be really fond of the guy to give up so much for him, I mean he was ready to kill himself just to save him and that's really hectic.

I hope they get through this in one piece and go see Japan someday, what a dream. Golzine still makes me sick that old coon.

good episode
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 8, 2018 5:13 PM

Mar 2012
cristinacke28 said:
Change your settings for a bit so I can PM you. Because of how big a spoiler it is, I refuse to post it to the board.
Nov 8, 2018 5:20 PM

Jun 2009
animejas said:
Kannei said:

I like Banana Fish in general so you give me a break. Just because the action and the interactions today was not as interesting as before, doesn't mean I hate nor dislike this entire show. It's still an 8 on my MAL and in general, I'm still enjoying it. Just this episode wasn't that great.

ash had a showdown with blanca and didnt hesitated about shooting himself for eiji even a second if this ep oesnt have enough action and feelings than i dont get what you look for at all
Nov 8, 2018 5:20 PM

Oct 2014
@MetaKite please i want to know about the theory too!! pm ´-`
Nov 8, 2018 5:29 PM

May 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah shit, that was another assassination attempt. Good thing Ash was there to make a timely save or Eiji might of been a goner.

No it wasn't, they needed Eiji alive
Nov 8, 2018 6:07 PM

Sep 2017
Wow, that was a fantastic episode. Firstly, I just wanna say lol at Ash not being able to pronounce the name of a Japanese city despite them speaking Japanese and then telling Eiji to speak Japanese with Ibe. Makes me hope there will be a really good dub for this show. I mean in the manga the characters where probably intended to be speaking English like 95% of the time.

The warehouse scene was so good tho. Ash immediately taking the gun and trying to off himself was one thing, but I especially loved Yut-Lung's reaction to the whole thing. Blanca also really surprised me. He seems to actually care about Ash, and was also surprised by how much Ash loves Eiji. This was really great, but I don't see how Ash gets out of this without some double crossing on the enemy side. If either Yut or Blanca do something to help Ash I wouldn't be surprised.
Nov 8, 2018 7:21 PM
Sep 2017
@MetaKite I'd like to get the link as well ^^;;

I don't know if it's worse being a manga reader or not right now, either way it's so painful that I can't think about anything else. I should've saved this for Friday night >__>

This episode showed so so clearly the bond between Ash and Eiji. All Ash wants is to care for someone that cares for him. He has beauty, intelligence, followers--and all he wants...is something that many of us take for granted every day.
Nov 8, 2018 8:27 PM

Jan 2014
Ash was so quick to pull that trigger lol.

@MetaKite Link pls :o

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 8, 2018 9:22 PM

Aug 2017
I think that something bad will happen when he said "take me to Japan when this is all over". Also, it seems that Ash give up the Doctor, The Banana research and himself for the sake of Eiji.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 8, 2018 9:41 PM

Oct 2008
That's is Ash!?
you totally gave-up!?
not even a fight!? just because you already measured how hopeless it would be...man! Ash needs more reinforcements in that case...
I'm very disappointed with you!
5/5.

Nov 9, 2018 12:11 AM

Apr 2018
matias067 said:
That's is Ash!?
you totally gave-up!?
not even a fight!? just because you already measured how hopeless it would be...man! Ash needs more reinforcements in that case...
I'm very disappointed with you!
5/5.

Well, he was kinda forced to give up.. :/
Nov 9, 2018 12:13 AM

May 2017
Nurguburu said:
I think that something bad will happen when he said "take me to Japan when this is all over". Also, it seems that Ash give up the Doctor, The Banana research and himself for the sake of Eiji.

Eiji is more likely to die than Ash, heck I'm calling it, he dies, Ash lives, as the new Golzene

Also, I bet Eiji will be a Tama to Blanca's Cranberry, calling it now
Nov 9, 2018 3:36 AM
Aug 2018
Hopefully Eiji and ash can get through these rough times
Nov 9, 2018 4:13 AM

Oct 2018
Thorf said:
I think it's because he got shot.

Whatever, I agree with Ash's decision and like how the story taking this turn.
Nov 9, 2018 7:28 AM

Dec 2015
MetaKite said:
cristinacke28 said:
Change your settings for a bit so I can PM you. Because of how big a spoiler it is, I refuse to post it to the board.

If it's not asking too much, would you be able to send the link to me as well?
(I'll probably wait until the series ends before I actually do go through with clicking it but in case I forget until then)
Nov 9, 2018 8:17 AM

May 2016
I hope that the going to Japan part is a foreshadow for the ending ;-; I want them to get to Japan at this point in time :((
Nov 9, 2018 11:17 AM

Mar 2014
Ah yes, we reached the most painful parts of the story. My heart aches so much for Ash. And he counts himself as sooo lucky for having met Eiji, despite the fact that his life was ruined after the negotiations. God.
I remember bursting into tears at random intervals while reading the manga, especially for the events from this episode T_T At least Blanca makes an appearance, I love that guy.
Nov 9, 2018 11:32 AM

Mar 2009
MetaKite said:
HereticHunter said:

foxsuprise said:
PMing you.

@MetaKite:

Could you please send me one, as well? I'm sorry to bother you. I read the manga, but didn't think much about him getting sick from getting shot. I mean, that's a major shock to the body. Yeah, he was grazed, and it didn't go IN to his body. But it's still a shock to the body, especially when you're not used to getting shot. Also, there is lead poisoning to consider, as well.
So I was wondering what there was to theorize about. I hope you don't mind sending me the link, as well. And no need to rush, just whenever you have the time, is fine.
windeen-windyNov 9, 2018 11:49 AM
Nov 9, 2018 11:40 AM

Mar 2009
I loved the jabs and interactions between Eiji and Ash in the manga- there’s less of them here in the anime, but I still adore the ones that ARE included here. Eiji’s face after Ash told him to go watch Sesame Street, to work on his English…. That was so cute! I should have screen shot that (and the scene with him behind Ash with the lamp).
Nov 9, 2018 11:59 AM

Dec 2012
Ash pointing a gun at Max and Max understanding the situation got me really emotional.
Nov 9, 2018 3:28 PM
Jul 2017
@MetaKite ahhh, i know everyones asking for it, but may i have the link as well? im sorry to bother you >///<

anyway, i loved this episode, it's always so nice to see the interactions between ash and eiji, they feel so natural and it's always so amusing to watch hahaha. getting into banana fish, i expected ash to be the cliche "cold, emotionless" type, but he's so human, i love that, and it really shows throughout the series. and he's learning to trust, even if it's just eiji, and is willing to give his life for him
Nov 9, 2018 8:29 PM
Dec 2015
hate/love how banana fish reels you in with the soft stuff in the beginning like ash and eiji's future planning, and then kicks you in the face real hard at the very end. everything hurts. things went fast but that probably means more things are gonna happen, and they're not just gonna end it there.
Nov 9, 2018 11:20 PM
Sep 2017
Masshiroi said:
MetaKite said:

PMing you.

Hello @MetaKite, would be willing to provide the link to me as well? Thank you.
Could you send me one too please
Nov 10, 2018 2:28 AM

Oct 2013
MetaKite said:

Thorf said:

hi can you please send me this fan theory too? ty!
Nov 10, 2018 3:09 AM

Nov 2013
Ash knows how to love anyone but himself…and that’s one of the most 'tragic truths' of this story.
Because he never saw value in himself and he’d rather give his life to someone he knows is worth saving. He would destroy himself in hope of keeping someone alive.
This is what Yut lung is continuously frustrated about. A person like him is willing to give up everything for Eiji.
Nov 10, 2018 3:17 AM

Mar 2012
windeen-windy said:
@MetaKite:

Could you please send me one, as well? I'm sorry to bother you. I read the manga, but didn't think much about him getting sick from getting shot. I mean, that's a major shock to the body. Yeah, he was grazed, and it didn't go IN to his body. But it's still a shock to the body, especially when you're not used to getting shot. Also, there is lead poisoning to consider, as well.
So I was wondering what there was to theorize about. I hope you don't mind sending me the link, as well. And no need to rush, just whenever you have the time, is fine.
I see what you are saying but this is not about Eiji getting sick but Ash having low blood pressure. As far as Eiji's gunshot goes, I agree it's what you think. It's why Ash tells Eiji that he didn't get sick because he's used to that (getting shot). It has to sink in a little that Ash is so used to getting gunshot wounds, they don't bother him.

Clemance said:
Ash knows how to love anyone but himself…and that’s one of the most 'tragic truths' of this story.
Because he never saw value in himself and he’d rather give his life to someone he knows is worth saving. He would destroy himself in hope of keeping someone alive.
This is what Yut lung is continuously frustrated about. A person like him is willing to give up everything for Eiji.

Ash has massive self-loathing and abandonment issues that have made Eiji everything to him.
MetaKiteNov 10, 2018 4:07 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

349 by swagchungussette »»
May 28, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2018

88 by tenmeis »»
May 10, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

67 by bubba460z »»
May 5, 4:10 PM

» Any differences?

Mangahater - Apr 27

10 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 29, 2:09 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

121 by matheoo41 »»
Apr 13, 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.