Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 25, 2018 9:30 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Continuing off from last episode, Gintoki’s been hit by the Kabukicho members themselves. “Walking Violence Woman”, lol. LMAO, one of Gintoki’s testicles has fell, initiate breakdancing please. I love how the Yorozuya has a higher risk of dying by the hands of the Kabukicho residents, rather than the Liberation Army that’s attacking them. Meanwhile Gintoki’s just chasing after his ball. Lol, Kagura’s already taken control of the Host Clubs and forced the Okama to dress up as hosts. And Kozenigata’s just leading Gintoki and Shinpachi to some weird, hard-boiled S&M place.

Meanwhile, it seems that Ougai’s making his attack on Kabukicho. The gates have been broken in one hit. Well, the Dakini are ridiculously strong, and Ougai’s supposed to be one of the most experienced fighter in the tribe. Whoa, things are starting to get a bit brutal. But Kyuubei’s here to help! Same goes for the rest of the Yagyuu family. It’s pretty funny seeing Toujou all serious when he’s treated as a joke for 99% of the series. Ah, no, never mind, he took out his camera… again. It’s cool seeing the Yagyuu family in action, but now it’s time for the real problem they have in their hands now, Ougai.

His movements are slow, but the rate in which he can attack is quite high. Not t mention that he’s absurdly strong. It seems like Ougai feels insulted by the fact that he has to fight against women and children. But the fight’s pretty fun and we get to see a good chunk of people fighting a bigger antagonist at the same time. And we haven’t seen Kyuubei in action since forever, so it’s nice that she’s getting some spotlight. Tsukuyo even helped a bit at the end too. It seems like the women and children of Kabukicho were able to prove to Ougai that they were stronger than him. Also, Gintoki with that log attack. Seems like he needed a bigger wooden sword, haha.

Definitely the most action-packed episode of the season, but it was a lot of fun. There was still a good chunk of comedy at the beginning though. 5 Chapters were adapted in this episode (Chapters 615-619). But luckily it doesn't feel rushed. I think they skipped a couple of dialogues during the fight, but it's nothing too bad. Actually, that made the fight flow better imo. Though I'll probably need to compare it with the manga to see which exact dialogues were skipped. Next episode will adapt 4 chapters at the very least.

5/5

GoldenDevilGamerFeb 25, 2018 9:59 AM
Feb 25, 2018 9:37 AM

Jul 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Continuing off from last episode, Gintoki’s been hit by the Kabukicho members themselves. “Walking Violence Woman”, lol. LMAO, one of Gintoki’s testicles has fell, initiate breakdancing please. I love how the Yorozuya has a higher risk of dying by the hands of the Kabukicho residents, rather than the Liberation Army that’s attacking them. Meanwhile Gintoki’s just chasing after his ball. Lol, Kagura’s already taken control of the Host Clubs and forced the Okama to dress up as hosts. And Kozenigata’s just leading Gintoki and Shinpachi to some weird, hard-boiled S&M place.

Meanwhile, it seems that Ougai’s making his attack on Kabukicho. The gates have been broken in one hit. Well, the Dakini are ridiculously strong, and Ougai’s supposed to be one of the most experienced fighter in the tribe. Whoa, things are starting to get a bit brutal. But Kyuubei’s here to help! Same goes for the rest of the Yagyuu family. It’s pretty funny seeing Toujou all serious when he’s treated as a joke for 99% of the series. Ah, no, never mind, he took out his camera… again. It’s cool seeing the Yagyuu family in action, but now it’s time for the real problem they have in their hands now, Ougai.

His movements are slow, but the rate in which he can attack is quite high. Not t mention that he’s absurdly strong. It seems like Ougai feels insulted by the fact that he has to fight against women and children. But the fight’s pretty fun and we get to see a good chunk of people fighting a bigger antagonist at the same time. And we haven’t seen Kyuubei in action since forever, so it’s nice that she’s getting some spotlight. Tsukuyo even helped a bit at the end too. It seems like the women and children of Kabukicho were able to prove to Ougai that they were stronger than him. Also, Gintoki with that log attack. Seems like he needed a bigger wooden sword, haha.

Definitely the most action-packed episode of the season, but it was a lot of fun. There was still a good chunk of comedy at the beginning though. 5 Chapters were adapted in this episode (Chapters 615-619). But luckily it doesn't feel rushed. I think they skipped a couple of dialogues during the fight, but it's nothing too bad. Actually, that made the fight flow better imo. Though I'll probably need to compare it with the manga to see which exact dialogues were skipped. Next episode will adapt 4 chapters at the very least.

5/5

how was the animation? Because I checked the director and writer for Episode 350...And it looks like they're going to focus most of their production on that Episode

Technically this episode was 4 and 1/2 chapters(because they only had 11 pages to adapt from 615)
Sup...
Feb 25, 2018 9:48 AM

Jul 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
how was the animation? Because I checked the director and writer for Episode 350...And it looks like they're going to focus most of their production on that Episode

Technically this episode was 4 and 1/2 chapters(because they only had 11 pages to adapt from 615)
It was pretty good. The real action didn't kick in until the last third, and that chunk was done really well. Very little uses of still shots and it actually seems like the episode was trying its best not to feel static. For example, when Gin and Saigou were back-to-back, there was a slight camera rotation to show another angle, rather than cutting to another episode. Though, maybe Gintoki chasing after his balls might've had the best animation, not sure :P
next episode has the director and writet of episode 305, so i have some high hopes for "That's fight and flashback to be done very good
Sup...
Feb 25, 2018 10:04 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
Actually no, they replayed the Chapter 615 stuff they adapt last episode XD

So really, this episode had 5 whole chapters in it.
GoldenDevilGamerFeb 25, 2018 10:08 AM
Feb 25, 2018 12:07 PM

Aug 2009
I think the anime is going to catch up with the manga very fast.
Feb 25, 2018 12:08 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Gin-san chasing his balls was hilarious but the thing that cracked me up the most was when he fell down along with the mob enemies and said he can understand their feelings. XD

+1 for Heaven's Gate and Hell's Gate, that was gold. xD

The fight against the big ogre dude was pretty cool and I couldn't help but grin at Kyuubei and Tsukuyo's respective entrances. They always find a way to make the entrances epic. xD

Don't got too much to say for this episode but I'm looking forward to the next one.
Feb 25, 2018 12:33 PM

Sep 2014
Fantastic episode. Lmao at Gintoki chasing his ball and Kagura commenting "Not picking this one up". Also, everyone in Kabuki where about to kill the main trio with all those traps lol Gintoki even collapsed because he understood the pain that the enemies experienced having their gentalia removed lol Loved the scenes from Yagyou arc and both Yagyou and Tsukuyo were the highlights of the episode. Have to give props to that green giant dude though. The guy took on Yagyou, Gintoki, Shinpachi and Kagura at the same time and they needed Tsukuyo and her assassins to finally bring him down. Next week it's Shinra army's turn to appear. It will be cool to see Jirocho and his daughter after so long.
Feb 25, 2018 12:42 PM

Mar 2015
The animation was terrible IMO. So many static images. The manga is so much better. The fights were more dynamic in the manga. I'm disappointed in this episode.
Feb 25, 2018 12:52 PM

Jul 2015
Bad decision to replay that scene from Episode 348, that extra minute could/should have been used for when Tsukuyo returned
Sup...
Feb 25, 2018 1:18 PM

Jan 2016
The animation is terrible tbh. But still, the arc is Gintama at it's very best! Or close to it's best at least
Feb 25, 2018 1:25 PM

Jun 2014
Oh man, that reference to Glenn's death in The Walking Dead though.....I never thought I'd see that referenced in Gintama but then again, this is Gintama....nothing is off-limits.

A lot of action this episode, and it really took everything to take down the ogre dude. No matter what they threw at him, he wasn't giving in, until Tsukuyo showed up.

Lol at that scene where Gintoki was chasing his testicle. Gotta love the silliness that's thrown in despite the serious situation they're facing right now.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 25, 2018 1:27 PM

Jul 2015
This episode had too much animators on it(I wonder what happened since last weeks episode only had 1 Key Animator on it, so the production was good) https://twitter.com/kiirobon/status/967864787634917377
Sup...
Feb 25, 2018 1:33 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
This episode had too much animators on it(I wonder what happened since last weeks episode only had 1 Key Animator on it, so the production was good) https://twitter.com/kiirobon/status/967864787634917377
It might just be that they were rushing on this episode's production to give more time to the next episode. And besides, at least this episode had better animators working on it than episode 346.
Feb 25, 2018 3:38 PM

Feb 2013
That TWD parody was funny as hell.
Feb 25, 2018 3:51 PM

Sep 2016
Episode was a little too rushed
Feb 25, 2018 4:16 PM

Jul 2015
I feel like people are way to harsh on the animation, like it's nowhere near Episode 303, first 40 episodes Gintama, or 306(2nd half) level

it was very inconsistent though(like looking great with Ougai himself, then trash with the comedy, and looking ok with the fodder)
Sup...
Feb 25, 2018 4:46 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
I feel like people are way to harsh on the animation, like it's nowhere near Episode 303, first 40 episodes Gintama, or 306(2nd half) level

it was very inconsistent though(like looking great with Ougai himself, then trash with the comedy, and looking ok with the fodder)
Honestly, Episode 346's first 2/3 probably looked worse than this episode. The real issue this episode has was its pacing. And the faster pace did let the episode end on a more entertaining note. Imagine if Ougai's fight happened next episode. All that buildup for a villain that loses very quickly is more underwhelming than him getting less buildup and then losing. Ougai's fight wasn't anything too great in the manga, but the faster pace in the anime keeps it less stale. I wish some dialogues weren't skipped though :/
Feb 25, 2018 5:18 PM

Jul 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Honestly, Episode 346's first 2/3 probably looked worse than this episode. The real issue this episode has was its pacing. And the faster pace did let the episode end on a more entertaining note. Imagine if Ougai's fight happened next episode. All that buildup for a villain that loses very quickly is more underwhelming than him getting less buildup and then losing. Ougai's fight wasn't anything too great in the manga, but the faster pace in the anime keeps it less stale. I wish some dialogues weren't skipped though :/
I think people wanted this Episode to end on 617, and for Episode 350 to be chapters 618-621, and I see how that could but I could also see it fail with it dragging it's feet

but BNP did do a bad idea with replaying that 348 scene(like that extra minute could have helped with them stabbing Ougai )

but any who, I think 350 is going to be something else
Sup...
Feb 25, 2018 5:25 PM

Jul 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

The episode was almost 259 level...but people never complained about 259 for some reason
Sup...
Feb 25, 2018 5:50 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
I think people wanted this Episode to end on 617, and for Episode 350 to be chapters 618-621, and I see how that could but I could also see it fail with it dragging it's feet

but BNP did do a bad idea with replaying that 348 scene(like that extra minute could have helped with them stabbing Ougai )

Yeah, roughly 1 min 20 seconds was re-shown when that time could've been spent on the things they've rushed. I get that starting off the episode with Gintoki being injured wouldn't flow well, but the episode should've at least started at when they fire the catapults. That's still a little more than a minute saved for everything else.

Next episode has an impressive staff working on it, so expectations are kinda high.
Episode Director: Ikeno Shōji (Episode 305, 335) <--- Definitely great
Screenplay: Kishimoto Taku (Episode 304-305, 308-311, 319-323) <--- Top-tier
Nothing's confirmed about the animation director (which will decide how good the animations will actually be), but I'm expecting great pacing and directing in the next episode

For this episode:
Episode Director and Storyboarder: Minami Yasuhiro (306, 312, 320, 326, 331, 336, 342) <--- He did some of the worst episodes of SA and FS arc. But he did the best episodes of Rakuyo.
Animation Directors: Gintama has never had anything more than 7 ADs. This episode has 9... which either means that this episode was heavily behind schedule, or it's productions were cut short. Even though the ADs are actually really talented, too many ADs leads to conflicts and they probably cut things short because of their schedule.

Also, Episode 259 was much better than this episode. 259 has a couple of still-shots during the early fodder fights, but it's has a lot of impressive moments. Gintoki dodging Oboro's attacks is still one of the more impressive cuts from this series.
GoldenDevilGamerFeb 25, 2018 5:57 PM
Feb 25, 2018 5:55 PM

Oct 2015
About the animation and episode staff:

Director / storyboarder: Yasuhiro Minami (Episodes he also had both functions: 320, 326, 331, 336, 342):
Veteran and excellent director in Gintama, he made the first episode of this season.
Script: Shuu Matsubara (松原 秀) - (Countless episodes, most recent: 346, 347, 348):
Shuu returns for a week as a writer, good work again.

Animation Directors:
This week ... We had nine animation directors, that's really bad.

- Tadayoshi Okimura (興村 忠 美) - (Pieces of 212, 219, 225, 230, 237, 244, 250, 318, 325, 330, 334, 340):
He is a veteran, but he does not have a very long history of episodes.
- Kazuyuki Ikai (飯 飼 一 幸):
He is experienced but does not work in Gintama
- Masami Abe (ア ベ 正 己):
I was in Porori-hen as an animator, but I do not have much to say ...
- Akira Ono (小野 晃) - (Part of 325):
Just one episode ..... I can not judge for just one episode, but his work on the 325 was good.
- Koichi Kikuchi (菊 地 功 一):
No work in Gintama.
- Mikako Kuni (國 井 実 可 子):
He worked on the Gintama movie as In-Between, which means practically nothing ...
- Yukie Nishimura (西村 幸 恵):
Also does not work in Gintama
- Yuri Ichinose (一 ノ 瀬 結 梨) - (277, 284, 294, 302, 313, 319, 324, 335, 342, 348):
Finally someone who works with Gintama, his work in general is good.
- Satomi Miyazaki (宮 崎 里 美) - (Part of 317, 323, 328, 329, 335, 342, 348):
Has good work in general.

AD Assistant:
Takakura Kae (高 倉 香 恵):
He is an illustrator! Made the image below in episode 279:

His twitter: https://twitter.com/takakura00 (For curiosity).

This episode had 9 directors of animation, which justifies their poor quality in the consistency of the animation, are nine different people working in different ways in one episode, of course the episode will be very inconsistent. Episodes of pure action are tricky for Gintama's staff, but that's not all. This week, we had a lot of unexpected people on staff, and the seasoned people were already in the last week (Yuri, Satomi), doing two consecutive episodes is complicated. Tadayoshi Okimura is also a veteran, but not exactly an excellent AD.

This week had several animators, one of them was Sasaki Youhei (After put his scene here).

In my opinion, the animation was acceptable, had a lot of bad things, but the fights were still ok.
Next week will adapt very cool fights of the manga, hope it is better.
I also expect some sakugas from Youhei Sasaki, Miki Komuro ....

I told you last week that the production of Silver Soul was better than the other seasons, and it really is, but this week we had a bad staff, with a lot of people in just one episode, it was still acceptable.
Good luck in the next few episodes, BNP.
Feb 25, 2018 6:11 PM

Oct 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
Having an episode SoloKA already shows that the production is good.
This week's team is not very good, besides having many people.
Feb 25, 2018 6:26 PM

Jul 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
SenpaiJay98 said:

Yeah, roughly 1 min 20 seconds was re-shown when that time could've been spent on the things they've rushed. I get that starting off the episode with Gintoki being injured wouldn't flow well, but the episode should've at least started at when they fire the catapults. That's still a little more than a minute saved for everything else.

Next episode has an impressive staff working on it, so expectations are kinda high.
Nothing's confirmed about the animation director (which will decide how good the animations will actually be), but I'm expecting great pacing and directing in the next episode

For this episode:
Episode Director and Storyboarder: Minami Yasuhiro (306, 312, 320, 326, 331, 336, 342) <--- He did some of the worst episodes of SA and FS arc. But he did the best episodes of Rakuyo.
Animation Directors: Gintama has never had anything more than 7 ADs. This episode has 9... which either means that this episode was heavily behind schedule, or it's productions were cut short. Even though the ADs are actually really talented, too many ADs leads to conflicts and they probably cut things short because of their schedule.

Also, Episode 259 was much better than this episode. 259 has a couple of still-shots during the early fodder fights, but it's has a lot of impressive moments. Gintoki dodging Oboro's attacks is still one of the more impressive cuts from this series.
The only scene I thought with Oboro that impressive was the xcene where he was slashing a lot at Gintoki, but the rooftop scene in 260 was godly
Sup...
Feb 25, 2018 6:53 PM

Jul 2016
The animation wasn't the best, but the content of the chapter was great.

I liked this fight way more here than in the manga, that's a good sign.
Feb 25, 2018 6:55 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

For this episode:

The only scene I thought with Oboro that impressive was the xcene where he was slashing a lot at Gintoki, but the rooftop scene in 260 was godly
259 has some other impressive moments. Prior to the Yorozura, Tsukuyo and Nobume having their backs faced against each other, there was a fairly lengthy fodder fight that was really well animated. Plus those bafuku soldiers running in was fully animated and there were a lot of them on screen. Plus there's this too: https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/20766

But the episode did have some still-shot moments.
Feb 25, 2018 7:02 PM

Jul 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
259 has some other impressive moments. Prior to the Yorozura, Tsukuyo and Nobume having their backs faced against each other, there was a fairly lengthy fodder fight that was really well animated. Plus those bafuku soldiers running in was fully animated and there were a lot of them on screen. Plus there's this too: https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/20766

that scene was great, but those sakuga scenes only add up to like a minute, and when i compared it to 349 I said 349 was almost 259 level...but nobody really complained about 259(maybe because the artwork was more consistent?)
Sup...
Feb 25, 2018 7:10 PM

Oct 2015
Feb 25, 2018 7:15 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
SenpaiJay98 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

that scene was great, but those sakuga scenes only add up to like a minute, and when i compared it to 349 I said 349 was almost 259 level...but nobody really complained about 259(maybe because the artwork was more consistent?)
Yeah, the art was consistent, and the still-shots were done in a less-distracting manner. For example, when Gintoki pierces Oboro's "mask" after his short rage moment, the side angles were basically still-shots, but the camera pans quickly to create the allusion of movement, even if no real movement is actually present in the scene.
GoldenDevilGamerFeb 25, 2018 7:22 PM
Feb 25, 2018 7:24 PM

Oct 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
SenpaiJay98 said:
Yeah, the art was consistent, and the still-shots were done in a less-distracting manner. For example, when Gintoki pieces Oboro's "mask" after his short range moment, the side angles were basically still-shots, but the camera pans quickly to create the allusion of movement, even if no real movement is actually present in the scene.
The problem with static images is how they are worked. In this episode, much of the image is just placed on the screen.
The Oboro mask scene is a good example of angle use.
Feb 25, 2018 7:32 PM

Jul 2015
YGP said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Yeah, the art was consistent, and the still-shots were done in a less-distracting manner. For example, when Gintoki pieces Oboro's "mask" after his short range moment, the side angles were basically still-shots, but the camera pans quickly to create the allusion of movement, even if no real movement is actually present in the scene.
The problem with static images is how they are worked. In this episode, much of the image is just placed on the screen.
The Oboro mask scene is a good example of angle use.
The artwork is more detailed in the 2011 anime also, so it's too it's advantage for the static frames, weirdly enough I feel like Red Spider and Yoshiwara in Flames are the best with handling the static frames even though it used the 4:3(not HD also) and the old artstyle(like when Hosen hit all Hyakka in Episode 144 and it turned all Red)
Sup...
Feb 25, 2018 7:44 PM

Jun 2017
as much as i love gintama, everything feel rushed to me on this episode, for me the action scenes were kinda lacking.
Feb 25, 2018 7:49 PM

Jan 2016
I felt the episode somewhat strange because of the animation. Some still images lacked detail even for funny purposes. Still not bad, I liked the references and that final part was amazing :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 25, 2018 8:10 PM

Nov 2015
Damn that fight was pretty intense. Ougai gave me the chills at some moments because of how intimidating he was. And that preview was interesting. I feel as if some characters from 4 devas are coming back. Just a guess though.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Feb 25, 2018 8:29 PM

Mar 2013
The animation is bad mmkay?very bad
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Feb 25, 2018 9:01 PM

Sep 2015
Really awesome fight, despite the animation being lackluster I was fucking glued to the screen! Honestly, probably best fight in a while, though there some pretty epic fights over the past few seasons.
Feb 25, 2018 9:18 PM
Nov 2013
I'm glad many anime onlies are enjoying this episode. As a manga reader, I was pretty disappointed cause sorachi's art for this fight was incredible, but knowing that anime onlies were entertained by it regardless, makes me pretty happy. I don't like it when bad staffing negatively effects great manga moments for anime exclusive watchers.
Feb 25, 2018 9:54 PM

Mar 2016
Yet another amazing episode!

First half of it was mostly comedy which was awesome. Heavens gate and Hell's gate haha. Also Gintoki dropping his eyeballs and actual balls. Poor guy didn't get the latter back xDD

Seeing Kyubei and the rest of the Yagu clan was great. Loved the fight against Ogre. And Tsukuyo's entrance in the end was awesome as well. Such a great entrance :')

Nothing else to talk about in this episode. That preview however has me FUCKING HYPEDDDD. Jirocho and Pirako coming back again is gonna be AWESOME. I loved both of them. One of my favorite characters in the series from one of my favorite arcs! Really looking forward to next week. This arc has been amazing so far!

Feb 25, 2018 10:14 PM

Jul 2014
Jesus was the animation horrible this episode, majority of the attacks were still images, movements were very rough... please let THAT episode have great animation!
Feb 26, 2018 3:11 AM
Aug 2015
kinda rushed, but my main complaint is, its somehow cut some scene. and some blackened to sensor some gore..
Feb 26, 2018 4:43 AM

Dec 2015
You guys seriously can't expect every episode to look top tier, this arc is very action heavy, so of course some episodes will have to be sacrificed in order for other, more important, episodes to look better, this is how it's been for the entirety of Gintama. That being said the episode wasn't even that bad, it had some cool looking scenes, but I would probably say it was a C episode.
Feb 26, 2018 4:48 AM
Jan 2018
Well, I won't complain about animation, cause I don't really care about it, but in my opinion this episode felt a bit too rushed, at least compared to manga.
Feb 26, 2018 6:24 AM

Sep 2015
More people are back i love you Sorachi!

But where is more of our Amantou friend?
Into the Internet!
Feb 26, 2018 8:40 AM

Sep 2017
no one talks about censors? :/ that scene where they guy holding otae's friend hand gets crushed to the ground was brutal, i hate that they censored it :/ and there will be worse than this one

also i think ougai was beaten pretty easily, none of the kunais or logs really hurt him..or it didn't feel like it..
and why was gintoki wiping his forehead after he got up to deliver the last blow?

the comedy was good, TWD reference was great, action was off, but the action between utsuro and ginoki was great so i don't need to worry about important parts.
in the scene where they attack ougai from 3 directions and he blows them away with a swing, gintoki was leaning on the fence, he should have fallen off lol.
was this the first time tskuyo's kunais didn't hit gin? XD

will gintoki pick a real sword in this arc?..
SalamakFeb 26, 2018 9:30 AM
Feb 26, 2018 8:46 AM

Sep 2011
relatively fun episode but yeah this probably the worst episode yet in the final arc, animation was simply unforgivably bad and basically ruined any sense of tension or excitement, stills are ok here and there as long as it doesnt interrupt pacing but here it caused things to come to a screeching halt.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 26, 2018 9:17 AM

Dec 2015
JizzyHitler said:
animation was simply unforgivably bad

That's way too over-exaggerating man, lots of episodes were worse than this and the animation in this episode was OK.
Feb 26, 2018 9:31 AM

Sep 2017
Uchiha_Shadow said:
JizzyHitler said:
animation was simply unforgivably bad

That's way too over-exaggerating man, lots of episodes were worse than this and the animation in this episode was OK.

you're right bu none of the serious or semi serious arcs have bad action animation. but then again this arc is too long..
Feb 26, 2018 9:34 AM

Dec 2015
Salamak said:
Uchiha_Shadow said:

you're right bu none of the serious or semi serious arcs have bad action animation. but then again this arc is too long..

SA, FS and RDB arcs all had animation on this level or worse in some of the episodes, and the previous arcs weren't that impressive except in 1 or 2 episodes, and even then not the whole thing.
It's already been proven that the same people have been working on Gintama ever since the beginning, and people think old Gintama looked top tier all the time when that is just simply false, the series has always been like this, but of course it's gonna be more apparent when it's 17 episodes(SA and FS), 12 episodes(RDB) or 2-cours+ of action(SS) in comparison to just 4 or 5 episodes.
Feb 26, 2018 9:41 AM

Sep 2017
Uchiha_Shadow said:
Salamak said:

SA, FS and RDB arcs all had animation on this level or worse in some of the episodes, and the previous arcs weren't that impressive except in 1 or 2 episodes, and even then not the whole thing.
It's already been proven that the same people have been working on Gintama ever since the beginning, and people think old Gintama looked top tier all the time when that is just simply false, the series has always been like this, but of course it's gonna be more apparent when it's 17 episodes(SA and FS), 12 episodes(RDB) or 2-cours+ of action(SS) in comparison to just 4 or 5 episodes.

give me an example on these 3 recent arcs
Feb 26, 2018 9:51 AM

Dec 2015
Salamak said:
Uchiha_Shadow said:

give me an example on these 3 recent arcs

302(not so much but lots of still-shots), 303, 306, 325, 327.
Those are basically the weakest episodes in those arcs and people complained about them the same as with this episode. for FS I'm not too sure, but I think 312 was the weakest. FS and RDB were more balanced than SA(which sacrificed certain episodes to make others look glorious).
Feb 26, 2018 10:22 AM

Oct 2015
This episode was really bad in animation, BUT, we already had worse episodes.
The recent 337 is definitely the worst episode that I saw, in addition to those already cited 303, 306, 312, 327.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Feb 11, 2018

85 by tomoe22 »»
May 10, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 25, 2018

141 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jan 28, 2018

134 by tomoe22 »»
May 8, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jan 7, 2018

218 by tomoe22 »»
May 6, 2:37 AM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 18, 2018

78 by PrimeX »»
Nov 27, 2023 5:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.