Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 29, 2017 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, the others realized what Astolfo had done with the Homunculus
Poor Astolfo but I guess he expected what would happen to him.

Looks like we got some building up up from the Red Faction too.
Not much action this week but I'm fine with it. They needed to expand the storytelling from both sides anyway.

Ruler looking pretty as usual <3
Jul 29, 2017 9:36 AM

Apr 2014
Higashide's re-writing the love scenes between Jeanne and Sieg, and it is better than the "bedroom" scene in the books. He is still missing the point, but I guess he had stopped trying to address the main issue with FA, enjoy 19 episodes of "Seig's love life (sliced with scenes from the show we wish we were watching, ie the grail war and uncle Vlad, mostly uncle Vlad)"
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jul 29, 2017 10:28 AM

Jun 2017

Any similarity is mere coincidence.

Jul 29, 2017 10:35 AM
Apr 2015
Anon1566 said:

Any similarity is mere coincidence.

"Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works."

Seems to fit really well lolz...
Jul 29, 2017 10:51 AM

Aug 2010
That was such a Jeanne overload and i loved every second. Let's commence with the highlights again:

- Suwabe is voicing the dragon!? Yay, this show still has the GAR component.

- "He's a newly-born humunclous that we can still shape his sexuality. On that note..."

- Jeanne tells Vlad to fuck off to Vlad's dismay and he threatens to have even less sleep.

- Badass Jeanne is Badass.

- He recognizes her true identity and seemingly realizes that it's pointless to convince her. I still can't fully pinpoint Vlad's personality, but his interaction with Spartacus and Jeanne revealed more to me than his interactions with Darnic.

- Next bit once again showcases Atolfo's personality.
Vlad: "Why did you do that?"
Astolfo: "Did you forget that i don't give a fuck?"
Vlad: "Oh yeah. Anyway, Caster, cuff him and let's go."

- Astolfo tells MC-kun to keep on living and such. His master is pissed at how he still doesn't give a fuck.

- Astolfo is being punished in the basement. Also, knowing the internet, Inb4 "penetration" joke in every discussion thread of this episode.

- Ok, it's official, Jeanne can see far into the future. Is this new to the anime?

- MC-kun finally gets his name: Sieg.

- Cute Jeanne is cute.

- "Our Assassin Master was killed and no specific terrorist organization Mage's Association has claimed responsibility."

- If the Assassin duo wasn't terrifying, i'd say they make a cute mother and daughter.

- Aaaaand they finally explain Laeticia and Jeanne's situation and how she's possesing her body. Heck, this is the very first time we even hear the name "Laeticia".

- Sieg's motivation towards his fellow homunculi starts to form?

- Ok, now that all of that filler is over, we get to the meat of the story. FRAN AND HOW CUTE SHE WAS POKING THE PLANT AND HOW WHEN HER MASTER ASKED HER IF SHE HAD ANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT HIM, SHE SHOOK HER HEAD AND PROMISES TO TELL HIM IF THIS CHANGED ANd then, unfortunately, Chiron and his Master appear announcing Jack's arrival at Trifus.

- Kind Jeanne is kind.

- Supportive Jeanne is supportive.

- Adorable Jeanne is adorable.

- Angelic Jeanne is angelic.

- Compassionate Jeanne who wants to protect you from your dark future is compassionate.

- They just had to get at least one "yorokobe" in there, didn't they.

- If i were them, I'd listen to the nice priest who only has their best interest in mind. Those Command Spells look tacky anyway and the color red would look bad if they were to wear green.

I liked this episode better than the last. We got a bit more characterization for Sieg and Jeanne and a prologue to a future relationship. 8/10 for me.
astroprogsJul 29, 2017 11:03 AM
Jul 29, 2017 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
Sieg and Jeanne are getting along with each other very well.
Jul 29, 2017 1:03 PM

Dec 2014
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Sieg and Jeanne are getting along with each other very well.
Guddo, looking forward to it.
Jul 29, 2017 1:07 PM
May 2010
Boring episode, I get they try to explain stuff but the characters are its only saving grace right now.
Dunno if the source is bad but its not going to become better if it is.
Jul 29, 2017 1:27 PM
Mar 2014
Honestly, a meh episode. Not just because of it having no action, but because of the scene with jack the ripper and how low low quality it was. They didnt even draw any eyes on the two while jack was sitting at the table ffs

Lennevalkyrie said:
Boring episode, I get they try to explain stuff but the characters are its only saving grace right now.
Dunno if the source is bad but its not going to become better if it is.

Well considering how they really screwed up the first time we saw Jack and the master, this part was very very shortened. I don't know if they will change it by adding a flashback or what (even though it would mean going against what was done in the material), but they skipped the part that shows how Jack was summoned, who the woman was, why she was special and what it is that Jack "requires". I don't know if I should answer any of these questions due to it possibly being explained later on, but if not then

Jul 29, 2017 1:42 PM

Aug 2010
LawfulEngineer said:
Honestly, a meh episode. Not just because of it having no action, but because of the scene with jack the ripper and how low low quality it was. They didnt even draw any eyes on the two while jack was sitting at the table ffs

It was clear to me that this was an intended stylistic decision to show how "unsettling" they are.
Jul 29, 2017 6:58 PM

Feb 2016
nice episode, Ruler is ADORABLE!

so this pretty much sets up the beginning of this series (even if there are 2 servants already dead lol)

Ya know, Fate always manages to fool me about who the MC is at the beginning
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 29, 2017 7:57 PM

Mar 2012
Good episode with a lot of setup.

Jeanne's Revelation resolves one question: after Siegfried's death there's no one to fight Mordred, but Sieg will take his place and I assume that's what we saw with the preview in the first episode (although how he transforms into Siegfried is a question we'll have to see later).

Also, interesting that Kotomine is controlling all the other Masters. This would explain why the Servants feel their Masters' presence but Kotomine is the one directing the battle. My guess is Kotomine's plan is to defeat the black side then claim the Grail for himself since he could just easily kill off the red masters other than Shishigou. And he wanted to kill off Ruler so she can't interfere with his plan I assume. In the end, sides will probably be divided into Kotomine, black camp, Shishigou, and Jeanne + Sieg.
Jul 30, 2017 2:05 AM

Jun 2017
ap1001 said:
Higashide's re-writing the love scenes between Jeanne and Sieg, and it is better than the "bedroom" scene in the books. He is still missing the point, but I guess he had stopped trying to address the main issue with FA, enjoy 19 episodes of "Seig's love life (sliced with scenes from the show we wish we were watching, ie the grail war and uncle Vlad, mostly uncle Vlad)"

It's as if the author was aware and realized how intimate he made Sieg and Astolfo originally that he's trying to tone it down, replace it or give it to Jeanne since she lacked the relationship building that Sieg and Astolfo had and the relationship was pretty underdeveloped for the end game. Jeanne spent an inordinate amount of time being jealous of Sieg and their relationship and closeness with Astolfo.

Anon1566Jul 30, 2017 2:09 AM

Jul 30, 2017 9:05 AM
Jan 2010
Suddenly everyone is just completely fixated on the MC for no reason at all. What the fuck? Go save the others if you're concerned about these magic fucking circuit-beings so much. But no since it's the MC he's the only one that matters.
Jul 30, 2017 9:09 AM
Mar 2014
HereticHunter said:
(even if there are 2 servants already dead lol)

That isnt entirely true. Berserker of Red was simply knocked out and forced to switch sides.

bigger spoiler based upon the previous spoiler, read at your own risk
Jul 30, 2017 10:56 AM

Feb 2016
LawfulEngineer said:
HereticHunter said:
(even if there are 2 servants already dead lol)

That isnt entirely true. Berserker of Red was simply knocked out and forced to switch sides.

bigger spoiler based upon the previous spoiler, read at your own risk

I know that, because it meant spoilers
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 30, 2017 3:16 PM

Aug 2013
Jeanne was adorable. Jeanne was cute. Jeanne was everything. <3

Nice episode. Pretty much a buildup episode. Astolfo is awesome, sticking to his believes. The way that female Homunculus 'talked down' Siegfried's former master was gold. What a worthless guy.

So we'll see more of loli Jack the Ripper.

That ending scene with Kotomine. Never trust a supervisor named Kotomine. :D

Jul 30, 2017 3:33 PM

May 2015
Ruler is without a doubt best girl in this show so far.
ReverberateAug 1, 2017 11:48 AM

Jul 30, 2017 3:51 PM

Feb 2013
The show is getting worse and worse with each new episode, at least give jack and reika a proper face.
Jul 30, 2017 4:09 PM

Sep 2016
it's all garbage besides jannu the waifu
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 30, 2017 4:28 PM

Nov 2016
Astolfo is truly a trap of honor, liked his guts.

Nice setup episode overall, enjoyed the interaction between Ruler and Sieg.

Dat lie, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 30, 2017 5:05 PM

Sep 2015
Glad to find out more about Ruler :3 sadly she wont be there it seems by the end of the anime . But im still shipping her with Sieg. So does Seig's lifespan extend farther to more than 3 years now with Seigfried's heart?
Jul 30, 2017 5:06 PM

Jul 2013
Ruler is waifu tier, dammit, just for her the episode was 10/10 for me.
Considering what I heard about Sieg, he's fine so far, I liked how chill he was about taking his own path to life from now and that stuff.

Vlad is a cool guy despite his reputation, he is merciful and knows to appreciate his men. Probably one of the most positive representations of his figure in fiction.
We got more of Black Berserker too, which is good, even if it was just a short scene.

So, with Shirou Kotomine now taking the authority over the Red Faction and Jack the Ripper and her Master planning to attack both Factions, I hope we will get a decent battle.
Jul 30, 2017 5:06 PM

Jun 2014
Mostly setup, but it was nice to see Sieg and Ruler's relationship improve. Seems like some shit involving Jack the Ripper is going to go down.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 30, 2017 5:19 PM
Jan 2015
The Black faction is really out of sorts aren't they?
My Queens

Jul 30, 2017 5:29 PM

Feb 2011
Slow episode. Gotta say watching this as a romanian is funny as hell.
Jul 30, 2017 5:37 PM

Dec 2014
I can't believe Astolfo is a dude, I just can't, Astolfo is best girl ;-;
Jul 30, 2017 5:42 PM

May 2014
Mostly a build up episode, but we really needed it.

I was pretty worried about Sieg being mc since I'm not fond of the stoic, emotionless types and he is void of any emotion as it stands...but he's surprisingly engaging and I do like him.
Ruler grew on me this episode too- she's really sweet, and the stuff about her not being able to materialise properly was interesting.

Also not sure if I heard it right...but did they say that Jack the Ripper killed her master? If so, who the hell is that woman with her??

Scene after the credits was a little menacing too. What the hell is Shirou trying to pull here? ¬_¬

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2017 5:43 PM

Sep 2012
GangsterCat said:

That's a weird way to say Mordred tbh but I will take it.
Jul 30, 2017 5:45 PM

Sep 2016
sasalx said:
GangsterCat said:

That's a weird way to say Mordred tbh but I will take it.
yea but there is no mordred this episode
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 30, 2017 5:52 PM

Jun 2015
It's nice to see Sieg and Ruler getting along. Her lie though. He's destined to fight. Something with Jack the Ripper is going to happen.
Jul 30, 2017 6:18 PM

Dec 2014
Why is Jack the Ripper a loli?

why did Astoflo have to be a man... at least don't be the most deceiving trap possible damnitttttttttt
Jul 30, 2017 6:19 PM

Jan 2011
will gladly take some ruler/Astolfo to make up for the lack of Mordred for the last two weeks!
Jul 30, 2017 6:30 PM
Sep 2015
Sieg is so cute , but I'm really excited to see jack the ripper fight💖
Jul 30, 2017 7:13 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Nice setup for things to come but what I enjoyed the most was all of the Jeanne and Seig scenes....I ship them so hard now lol
Jul 30, 2017 7:30 PM

Dec 2015
Reverberate said:
Rider is without a doubt best girl in this show so far.

Too bad it's a trap.
Jul 30, 2017 7:52 PM

Jan 2016
I really like this rider carefree personality (even though she's a he)
So Sieg is destined to fight too huh, I wonder what his role is in the grail war later~
Jul 30, 2017 8:06 PM

Sep 2015
I think i just heard Jeanne call Astolfo kanojo (her) lol even Jeanne got troll by his look
Into the Internet!
Jul 30, 2017 8:27 PM

Apr 2015
Oh my god, I'm legit surprised I enjoyed this episode so much. After all the moaning and whining about Sieg and the fact this was an anime original episode, I was legit surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I think a lot of it had to do with Jeanne being an absolutely devoted cutie, but eh

even the "live your life" talks felt down to earth and rarely tried to speculate about the nature of anything, just left the emotions on the floor (or lack of it in Sieg's case) and that's it. It was very pleasant.
Jul 30, 2017 8:36 PM
Oct 2012
Did Jeanne just called Astolfo 'kanojo'? She did right? what the hell?
Jul 30, 2017 8:41 PM

Nov 2013
StardustReverie said:
Suddenly everyone is just completely fixated on the MC for no reason at all. What the fuck? Go save the others if you're concerned about these magic fucking circuit-beings so much. But no since it's the MC he's the only one that matters.

They explained the reason several times already: Caster wants him as the core for his Noble Phantasm, Astolfo and Jeanne are just that good-hearted.

As for the other Homunculus, they were created to be magic batteries and unlike Sieg, they don't really have a will on their own, so none of Ruler's arguments for why she helped Sieg applies to them. They are resources of the Black Faction and if Ruler were to free them for no reason she would be violating her neutrality. And besides she didn't expressed concern for them, all she did was ask if Sieg was concerned.

I would also like to point out that unlike a certain character named Shirou, Jeanne doesn't actually believe that an "Everybody gets saved" ending is possible. She is kind but not naive.
Jul 30, 2017 9:09 PM

Dec 2012
Ruler & Astolfo protecting Seig was great.
Really want to know how strong Ruler is.

Seig got another chance at life, but destiny has other plans.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 30, 2017 9:15 PM

Nov 2013
Anon1566 said:
JGChaves said:

Hey secondary-kun, he's not referring to Jeanne but Sieg.

I would also like to point out that unlike a certain character named Shirou, Jeanne isn't the MC, and she is not even listed as 'ヒロイン' (main heroine).

Secondaries are so averse to reading that their minds can't even process subtitles.

Pretty sure I didn't call Jeanne the MC at any point of my comment. And StardustReverie-san was commenting on both the MC and the people that were "completely fixed on him" so I mentioned both Sieg and Jeanne when I replied.
Jul 30, 2017 9:29 PM

Jun 2017
ZBlastHistory said:
I think i just heard Jeanne call Astolfo kanojo (her) lol even Jeanne got troll by his look

ina-astral said:
Did Jeanne just called Astolfo 'kanojo'? She did right? what the hell?

Jeanne thinks Astolfo is a woman until that one bathroom scene, as i mentioned before, Jeanne spent an inordinate amount of time being jealous of Sieg and their relationship and closeness with Astolfo. Even Semiramis thought that Astolfo is a woman.

@JGChaves Ok, I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Jul 30, 2017 10:40 PM

Oct 2013
I really want to see how strong Jeanne is. How OP can you get?
Jul 30, 2017 10:54 PM

Apr 2012
Kitoge said:
I really want to see how strong Jeanne is. How OP can you get?
She's not that strong as a fighter, but as they mentioned, the Ruler class would grant her power over regular servants with effects similar to command spells. Also her Noble Phantasm is unknown and could have something to do with her special Ruler status as the arbiter of the war meant to keep things in check, rather than something to do with powerlevels.
Jul 30, 2017 10:59 PM

Mar 2016
So many animated shortcomings this episode, so many shortcuts taken.
Very obscene to see these from a modern FATE series or anything TYPE-MOON based...
The plot is an absolute mess right now too..
Hopefully gets better.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Jul 30, 2017 11:20 PM
Jun 2017
This is my first time watching fate. If I was to watch the others which one should I start with?
Jul 30, 2017 11:49 PM

Jun 2017
cblue22 said:
This is my first time watching fate. If I was to watch the others which one should I start with?

Start for Fate/Zero

Jul 31, 2017 12:48 AM

May 2010
The homonculus plot feels contrived.

I realize that not every episode must be action packed but this one was really boring to watch.

So far, not good.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.