Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 29, 2017 10:01 PM

Oct 2015
I've seen countless of people say they hate the series but every time there is always the mention on OreImo and its author. I know I'm not one to talk since I haven't seen OreImo yet but is it justifiable to hate the series because of the bad background on both the author and his previous works? It seems that almost everyone who's watching this has the mentality of it ending just like OreImo did.

No flame please btw, it's okay if you like it or not. I just want to hear your opinion on the show without mentioning OreImo nor the author since that's what I normally see on the net since this show started airing. I want to hear your opinion on the show itself nothing more or less.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 29, 2017 10:04 PM

Oct 2016
seems like you already have a answer to your own question... the show isn't bad...
Apr 29, 2017 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
I haven't caught up to the series but I don't think the hate towards this should be justified because of this. Unless they mean the writing itself which as far as I've seen the writing isn't bad to be fair. And I think its far better than OreImo.

That's like saying by that logic I hate Death Note as a series therefore I will hate Bakuman because it was made by the same author behind Death Note (which is a series I despise). You see? technically rather dumb. (I might be wrong but Bakuman was written by the same author as Death Note).
Apr 29, 2017 10:13 PM

Mar 2016
I haven't seen either of the shows but I have seen

And she's 12... throw in incest as well and I'll pass
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2017 2:33 AM

Oct 2015
Extect said:

It was meant to be a joke but I don't really find it that weird that a 12 year old girl knows those kind of things. Most kids are already corrupted nowadays to be fair
Apr 30, 2017 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
^ Agreed with the "Most kids are already corrupted nowadays to be fair", but not the "meant to be a joke" - there ain't no joke with the words said by that face of a Loli, alright fam?

Also, can i ask something not too relevant?
Are these 2 brothers, sibling like the Synopsis " " 've said? My idiot Weeaboo friend said some Engsub Teams of this Anime said they're not sibling in their subs. I need some "pro" to proof it, please. Thank you.
Also for those who still asked why the hated from OreImo-fan:

Ah nvm, they're both from the same Author and illustration guy, just like Sword Art Online and Accel World.
I feel stupid now...

But imo right now, i scared that he'll made the mistakes that he've been made again in this "new Story" like he've done before in the OreImo:
- Made Ayase got crush on the Main Guy
- Main Guy made his sister fallen in love with him, got a relationship with Kuroneko for about a... semester?
- Then his sister friends (Harem)
- Later on decided to f*** it all and ended with his blood-related sister in the Church... It was healivy emotional. That's all.
removed-userMay 9, 2017 7:41 AM
Apr 30, 2017 3:18 AM

Oct 2015
tdtv-bkt432 said:
^ Agreed with the "Most kids are already corrupted nowadays to be fair".
Also, can i ask something not to relevant? Are these 2 brothers, sibling like the Synopsis 've said? My idiot Weeaboo friend said some Engsub Teams of this Anime said they're not sibling in their subs. I need some "pro" to proof it, please. Thank you.
They are siblings but they aren't blood related. The girl was adopted
Apr 30, 2017 3:21 AM

Jan 2017
Extect said:

don't judge an anime like that u have to know the context of what she sad before
Apr 30, 2017 3:24 AM
Jul 2018
EGOIST said:

Sht, so that was what th " " in the Syp means. Thanks.
kikyo1hinamora said:
don't judge an anime like that u have to know the context of what she had said before

Okei okei, calm down tough guy. Jeezus these Eromanga-fanboi are so strong.
removed-userApr 30, 2017 3:32 AM
Apr 30, 2017 3:25 AM

Jan 2017
this anime is great and i don't think people hate it because of oreimo witch is loved by many and what made people to not like oreimo or to like it less was the ending witch was forced by the publisher and wasn't the actual ending that made the writer of the series and all of that because they were blood related but here they are not so this anime can go wild as ever witch will make a lot of people like this more than oreimo
Apr 30, 2017 3:26 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I mean Oreimo was awesome and Eromanga-sensei shares a lot of similarities with it, which automatically makes it pretty awesome as well

Not sure what the problem is supposed to be. I guess a bunch of insecure SJWs are salty about the incestuous themes or the girls being young but both those things are big plusses in my book
Apr 30, 2017 3:30 AM

Jan 2017
tdtv-bkt432 said:
EGOIST said:

Sht, so that was what the Syp in the " " means. Thanks.
kikyo1hinamora said:
don't judge an anime like that u have to know the context of what she sad before

okei okei calm down tough guy. jeez.
don't know why u responded to me like that i think u are the one who need to calm down
Apr 30, 2017 5:00 AM

May 2009
EGOIST said:
tdtv-bkt432 said:
^ Agreed with the "Most kids are already corrupted nowadays to be fair".
Also, can i ask something not to relevant? Are these 2 brothers, sibling like the Synopsis 've said? My idiot Weeaboo friend said some Engsub Teams of this Anime said they're not sibling in their subs. I need some "pro" to proof it, please. Thank you.

Sha was not adopted, it's a reconstituted family. Sagiri was the daughter of the mother and Masamune the son of the father.
Apr 30, 2017 5:50 AM

Oct 2015
Djidji said:
EGOIST said:

Sha was not adopted, it's a reconstituted family. Sagiri was the daughter of the mother and Masamune the son of the father.
I see, I might have missed that when I was watching it
Apr 30, 2017 4:58 PM

Aug 2012
I just came here to say FUCK OREIMO!!
Apr 30, 2017 10:59 PM
Jul 2018
I dropped it for now.

The problem I have with these series is that the most interesting characters are not the main characters. In Oreimo, that was Kuroneko. In Eromanga, it's Megumi. If Megumi gets more time, I'll watch the series, but I'll hate it if she doesn't win.

Let's not forget how damn pathetic the main character is. He screams at every damn thing, and the moments that are supposed to be touching come across as disgusting.

But Megumi. Yus.
May 1, 2017 1:05 AM

Jun 2013
People hated oreimo cause of the author having to lower the incest in the ending of oreimo cause of the producer apparently. Personally myself, I watched oreimo without the knowledge of where it was going and was crushed when the guy dumped everyone *cough* kuroneko *cough.
But I feel like this is more consistent from what the author wants compared to oreimo.
May 1, 2017 8:02 AM

Aug 2011
I loved Oreimo, it was one of my favorite romcoms. What completely ruined it was the ending of season 2 where the main character decided that he'd rather fuck his sister than the 3+ girls who expressed interest in him, most of which are better than his sister in every way.

The whole "but they're not blood related" thing has never sat well with me. If I found out tomorrow that I was adopted, even if my mom was the most attractive woman on the planet, it would be absolutely impossible to see her in any other way than "mom".

The fact that I felt so burned by Oreimo (I'm legitimately still salty about it) means that I cannot knowingly support the same author writing the same story with the same studio (they even got ClariS again ffs). Fool me once.

That being said, I've never been one to actively hate on something. It's just I've learned from my past and when I see younger fans who haven't seen Oreimo recommend this series and raving about how cute it whatever, I just take their recommendation with and ocean's worth of salt.
CommanderKyubeyMay 1, 2017 8:06 AM
May 1, 2017 10:11 AM

Nov 2009
Having never finished Oreimo, I have only good memories about that work, and I tend to think positively of this one.
It has not disappointed me so far.
But if you find incest or lolis distasteful (as opposed to delicious), you're better off not watching this anime.

CommanderKyubey said:
The whole "but they're not blood related" thing has never sat well with me. If I found out tomorrow that I was adopted, even if my mom was the most attractive woman on the planet, it would be absolutely impossible to see her in any other way than "mom".

Sagiri and Masamune have met too late for the Westermarck effect to kick in. And the time they knew each other was too short.
If the brother isn't thinking sexy thoughts of the sister, as he claims (and he is likely to lie), it's only because Sagiri is a loli.
flannanMay 1, 2017 10:14 AM
May 1, 2017 10:29 AM

Oct 2013
Does the hate for this series revolve around OreImo?
@EGOIST well as a Oreimo fan I'm considering dropping the show since I'm just seeing it as a lesser version honestly
so for some yes it has to do with that
its kind of a shame but I knew I wasn't going to like show as much but I was at least hoping it would be as enjoyable as Gokukoku no Brynhildr was since I'm also a Elfen Lied fan
May 1, 2017 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
Poepl have shit taste and that is why they do not like eromanga and oreimo, if you have any resemblance of good taste you will like it.

Deknijff said:
Does the hate for this series revolve around OreImo?
@EGOIST well as a Oreimo fan I'm considering dropping the show since I'm just seeing it as a lesser version honestly
its kind of a shame but I knew I wasn't going to like show as much but I was at least hoping it would be as enjoyable as Gokukoku no Brynhildr was since I'm also a Elfen Lied fan
Oh that remove friend button has never been so tempting :> kappa
May 1, 2017 11:01 AM

Oct 2013
Darek said:
Poepl have shit taste and that is why they do not like eromanga and oreimo, if you have any resemblance of good taste you will like it.
Deknijff said:
Oh that remove friend button has never been so tempting :> kappa
sorry Darek but you do pure or go home

but at worst you do half sister or cousin
Ero Manga isn't a bad series but it doesn't live up to Oreimo for me
May 1, 2017 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
Deknijff said:
Realz? to me eromanga excels at everything aside from the relationship being not blood related hence it playing it safe... the taboo is still kinda there tho but less so.
May 1, 2017 11:08 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I mostly agree with @Deknijff

Also as an OreImo fan, my initial impressions of it are that it's ostensibly a lesser version of it. Less bombastic comedy, attempts the siscon bait bit but commits that obnoxious cardinal sin of "its ok cuz they r not real siblings" when this is the same author who had the balls to do this before, which makes it particularly grating in this case - he can do actual incest and just copped out. Or maybe there was some sort of censorship making it that way this time throughout, but that would only beg the question of why there wasn't for OreImo all the way throughout as well.

In my eyes it's still great, though, because if it's a lesser version of OreImo then it's just a lesser version of my second favorite series, which is hardly a bad thing to be at all. It just comes up short in a couple of areas compared to OreImo, and the comparisons are extremely difficult not to make given that not only is it by the same author/illustrator combo, but because the tone and feel of OreImo is still very much and undoubtedly present in Eromanga, but Eromanga just...doesn't do it like the original flavor. I can understand the criticism very well when held up to its predecessor.

That said, when people take moral issue with it then I think they're nothing but reactionary idiots

Christ almighty it isn't even real incest, they are not related, if he knocked Sagiri up there would be no side-effects of incest, they are not of the same family, the same genes, the same DNA, this is just that phony incest anime likes to pull a lot

all is ok :D

May 1, 2017 11:10 AM

Oct 2013
Darek said:
Deknijff said:
Realz? to me eromanga excels at everything aside from the relationship being not blood related hence it playing it safe... the taboo is still kinda there tho but less so.
yeah Realz
Sagiri not being a full on tsundere but just a shy girl is also a bit of a turn off
when I'm watching it I just feel like I'm watching a lazy LN anime like I did with Saekano
May 1, 2017 11:40 AM

Aug 2015
Deknijff said:
Darek said:
yeah Realz
Sagiri not being a full on tsundere but just a shy girl is also a bit of a turn off
when I'm watching it I just feel like I'm watching a lazy LN anime like I did with Saekano

Well it does kind of feel like Oreimo and Saekano got drunk one night, fucked each other to the sun rose up (1 week later) and 9 months after, Eromanga was born. It is early days so I could be wrong.
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
May 3, 2017 11:45 AM

Aug 2015
Manaban said:
I mostly agree with @Deknijff

Also as an OreImo fan, my initial impressions of it are that it's ostensibly a lesser version of it. Less bombastic comedy, attempts the siscon bait bit but commits that obnoxious cardinal sin of "its ok cuz they r not real siblings" when this is the same author who had the balls to do this before, which makes it particularly grating in this case - he can do actual incest and just copped out. Or maybe there was some sort of censorship making it that way this time throughout, but that would only beg the question of why there wasn't for OreImo all the way throughout as well.

Actually the censorship is also my thought too. Seeing how OreImo did all that on the last episode I really can't think of anything more than censorship. That censorship as result, also affecting his next work which is what we have here 'Eromanga-sensei'.

I also dislike this ''H-hey, it's not real sibling" things from author, if he wants to do it then have a ball to do it directly. Using something like 'not real blood' in this type of anime make me feel the author indecisiveness and also his lack of courage on his FICTION story. Not to mention his previous work which in turn i think this only make his own fans(OreImo's fan) and incestuous relationship fans feel a little disappointment.

But I think these disappointments are just a trifle feeling though, I really can't connect it to 'hate', if there's hate for series I believe it is because of different reasons.

In the end of the day, this anime has Loli+imouto+white hair, so... yeah all hate are invalid.
May 4, 2017 8:17 PM

Jun 2010
Episode 4 has made me think that possibly yes
May 6, 2017 4:22 PM

Oct 2016
So far, it's looking really nice without the bothersome OreImo's vibe~ the characters are well drawn and they all have bubbly personalities :>

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

May 8, 2017 10:04 AM

Jun 2010
There are always picky people everywhere. They think that entertainment is not the most important reason to watch an anime.
May 8, 2017 10:32 AM
Aug 2011
I hate both because I hate incest baiting shows.

Incest is a huge nope for me along with Lolicon.

Also one of the closest anime I've seen that is framed as close as it can to being a Hentai with 12 and under girls.
May 8, 2017 12:24 PM

Jul 2013
I haven't seen that much people hating Eromanga, nor I feel the series is having the same impact as Oreimo in the anime/manga community, but, as far as I remember, Oreimo was hated due three reasons:

1) Because people couldn't handle the incest (not in vain, anytime incest is bring out in MAL, a flamestorm tends to happen).
2) Because, at the end,
3) Related with the point above,

This time the author has played safe and has made Sagiri and Masamune non-related siblings, but if the series ends with them together
, I'm sure people will still get butthurt due waifu wars, just like it's predecessor. I won't be surprised either if people gets angry for the incest, even if they are not blood-related, since incest in the West is such an strong taboo.
IllyricusMay 8, 2017 12:28 PM
May 8, 2017 1:19 PM

Apr 2007
I'm a huge fan of Oreimo, so this is more the writer in me critiquing rather than comparing the two outright. The biggest problem with Eromanga, as far as I can see, is that it's trying the same style and everything, but has no consistency in plot. This isn't a slice of life show. This isn't a show lacking a clear goal. But there's no real urgency in anything they do or sense of place. That is to say, in Oreimo and most similar "down to earth" (i.e., not fantasy/sci-fi) anime, typically you have your motivations and goals for each person.

In Eromanga, it feels like everyone is just sort of put in place to do things. Elf feels artificial in every scene despite being the most interesting character conceptually. Need something neat or funny to happen? Put Elf in. Masamune is a basic template, barely even feels like a character sometimes, which is disappointing compared to Kyousuke, who began as a normal guy but developed into something more interesting and went full bore otaku by the end. Megumi is meme material but there's no real logic to some of the things she does, and some events don't even make logical sense (see below). Sagiri is probably one of the better developed characters, but even she's just a template like Masamune, rather than a fully fleshed out person, because we barely know anything about her five episodes in despite her being the focus of the show.

With regard to events therein, there's a lot of goofy slapstick moments, which is fine and can work, but I feel like some of it is just poor writing. Case in point, the early sequence with the phone call in the living room where Sagiri gives instructions to Masamune. Except she doesn't actually say much of anything, Masamune just blurts out whatever, Megumi somehow memorizes the number of the phone, calls it, and Sagiri picks up to overhear things? Incredibly artificial and fake-feeling, instead of something more interesting which could have been developed instead. They develop the contest between Elf and Masamune for Eromanga's art out of nowhere, because that's what we learned from Elf's introduction: she wants the art, so bam, there's your in for her entrance. But it ends up getting us to Masamune wanting to write a new novel, and now that's their goal, and... I don't know, it all feels quite wishy-washy, especially compared to the previous work which was fairly consistent.

I want to like this show a lot, and thus far I do, but at the same time, this is nothing compared to Oreimo and how well written it was, and feels like it was more meant to be a successor that simply can't hold a candle to it. There's also some moments where the fanservice grates on me, and I love and appreciate fanservice in pretty much every show. There's some shots that just aren't needed.

It's a damn shame. But the season is young and there's plenty of time to improve. There's no full episode list given, so I can assume it will likely continue beyond the usual single coeur if it does well enough, but I haven't read the LNs to know how long the overall story is and thus can't say. If it's one coeur I doubt it will improve enough to fix the issues currently, though.
May 8, 2017 2:58 PM
Oct 2012
It's sort of hard to ignore the writer. Had this been done by someone else, it still would be compared to Ore Imo because it is almost exactly the same, except the MC has some talent.

But yes, most of the hate is over OreImo and the whole incest angle (though in this story they are not biological related, it is still there). The 4 ANN reviews are almost entirely wrapped up in both points, they pretty much ignore the actual series.

Still, that admitted, I just don't think this show is really that good. Not to say it's horrible, but for me it's just too.... average.
May 8, 2017 3:09 PM

Feb 2015
Wait... there's a hate for this series?

Lol... forget those ppl who have shit taste and just focus in Sagiri's pantsu :)
May 8, 2017 6:36 PM

May 2015
tdtv-bkt432 said:
EGOIST said:

Sht, so that was what th " " in the Syp means. Thanks.
kikyo1hinamora said:
don't judge an anime like that u have to know the context of what she had said before

Okei okei, calm down tough guy. Jeezus these Eromanga-fanboi are so strong.

So because he corrects stupidity, he's a fanboy?

May 8, 2017 6:51 PM

Jun 2015
This series is quite worse than Ore Imo ever was so I don't see the point in basing your "hate" over that.

Also Kirino was more of a character, while Sagiri's whole life is just conveniently being placed inside that room to become the depiction of a fetish.
May 8, 2017 10:46 PM

May 2012
Im definitely buying all the blu-ray volumes to support such an outrageous and controversial show. So far its really cute ~

Oreimo set such a high bar for this show, and frankly I dont think its going to come close to reaching it. Pretty much impossible just by the 5 episodes we have now. The writing definitely does not seem as good, but it does seem like a different approach entirely is being taken. I have not read the manga, so I dont know if it sold itself as serious but clearly the anime is about maximum kawaii at all times. The characters deliberately walk on set without much introduction or development on purpose I think. Templates as some here refereed to them as. They get straight to the comedic antics and cute interactions while somehow trying to find a plot to push forward.

How much you like or dislike this approach will simply vary person to person. I dont think the constant provocative shots are pandering, or cheap attempts at grabbing an audience. I think thats just what this show is going to be. Comedy with moe on the side. Its what they went for. You can call it moe, fan service, loli baiting, either way I think that is the direction the show is going. Full fan service. Frankly, hopefully it doubles down on it because its really all it has going for it. The show has a really cute look and obviously cute characters, but the story just cant be recovered at this point. Its still a fun little show if thats what your looking for. I was an Oreimo fan, like everyone else thought the ending was terrible. I still remember how lit the forums was. I can understand how people would be incredibly disappointed that the spiritual successor to Oreimo turned into a loli baiting/pandering anime with no real substance, I totally get that, but it is what it is.

That said, if you go in not thinking this is Oreimo 2 I think you will be fine. There are slice of life anime worse then this by a long shot, but overall I think every aspect of the show is forgettable except Sagiri. They are lucky Sagiri has managed to shine in the anime landscape, shes very marketable and people clearly love the show despite all other faults because of her cuteness. The rest of the girls seem just too forgettable and similar to other anime female characters.

May 9, 2017 7:49 AM
Jul 2018
Kittens-kun said:

Depend on which side are you trying to blend in or if you just wanted to be an "alone king" moron, your "lefty" opinions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Either ways i don't care, do whatever floats your boat. Just don't try to apply your "opinions" on my "mutil-sides"-ish words.
/ Dammit Wataru-sensei...
removed-userMay 9, 2017 8:15 AM
May 9, 2017 8:27 AM

Nov 2013
Some people just thought OreImo author wouldn't be successful after OreImo and die in poverty and obscurity, and now see, he gets his anime again and it's popular again, and it's OreImo all over again so they have horrible butthurt, quite enjoyable to watch.
tsundereharasserMay 9, 2017 11:09 AM
May 9, 2017 8:28 AM

May 2015
tdtv-bkt432 said:
Kittens-kun said:

Depend on which side are you trying to blend in or if you just wanted to be an "alone king" moron, your "lefty" opinions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Either ways i don't care, do whatever floats your boat. Just don't try to apply your "opinions" on my "mutil-sides"-ish words.

None of what you just said made sense.

May 9, 2017 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
tsundereharasser said:
Some people just thought OreImo author wouldn't be successful after OreImo and die in poverty and obscurity, and now see, he gets his anime again and it's popular again, and it's OreImo all over again so they have horrible butthurt, quite enjoyable to watch.

Uh huh. Keep going.

Kittens-kun said:
tdtv-bkt432 said:

None of what you just said made sense.

So your did? lol. Funny sht of the dawn bruh, y u so funny bruh.
removed-userMay 9, 2017 2:05 PM
May 11, 2017 6:09 PM
Jul 2016
Red_Ryu12345 said:
I hate both because I hate incest baiting shows.

Incest is a huge nope for me along with Lolicon.

Also one of the closest anime I've seen that is framed as close as it can to being a Hentai with 12 and under girls.

Them you should not be here. As the illustration clearly indicates what kind of anime this is.
May 11, 2017 6:15 PM
Jul 2016
Vega_Vaikyuko said:
I'm a huge fan of Oreimo, so this is more the writer in me critiquing rather than comparing the two outright. The biggest problem with Eromanga, as far as I can see, is that it's trying the same style and everything, but has no consistency in plot. This isn't a slice of life show. This isn't a show lacking a clear goal. But there's no real urgency in anything they do or sense of place. That is to say, in Oreimo and most similar "down to earth" (i.e., not fantasy/sci-fi) anime, typically you have your motivations and goals for each person.

In Eromanga, it feels like everyone is just sort of put in place to do things. Elf feels artificial in every scene despite being the most interesting character conceptually. Need something neat or funny to happen? Put Elf in. Masamune is a basic template, barely even feels like a character sometimes, which is disappointing compared to Kyousuke, who began as a normal guy but developed into something more interesting and went full bore otaku by the end. Megumi is meme material but there's no real logic to some of the things she does, and some events don't even make logical sense (see below). Sagiri is probably one of the better developed characters, but even she's just a template like Masamune, rather than a fully fleshed out person, because we barely know anything about her five episodes in despite her being the focus of the show.

With regard to events therein, there's a lot of goofy slapstick moments, which is fine and can work, but I feel like some of it is just poor writing. Case in point, the early sequence with the phone call in the living room where Sagiri gives instructions to Masamune. Except she doesn't actually say much of anything, Masamune just blurts out whatever, Megumi somehow memorizes the number of the phone, calls it, and Sagiri picks up to overhear things? Incredibly artificial and fake-feeling, instead of something more interesting which could have been developed instead. They develop the contest between Elf and Masamune for Eromanga's art out of nowhere, because that's what we learned from Elf's introduction: she wants the art, so bam, there's your in for her entrance. But it ends up getting us to Masamune wanting to write a new novel, and now that's their goal, and... I don't know, it all feels quite wishy-washy, especially compared to the previous work which was fairly consistent.

I want to like this show a lot, and thus far I do, but at the same time, this is nothing compared to Oreimo and how well written it was, and feels like it was more meant to be a successor that simply can't hold a candle to it. There's also some moments where the fanservice grates on me, and I love and appreciate fanservice in pretty much every show. There's some shots that just aren't needed.

It's a damn shame. But the season is young and there's plenty of time to improve. There's no full episode list given, so I can assume it will likely continue beyond the usual single coeur if it does well enough, but I haven't read the LNs to know how long the overall story is and thus can't say. If it's one coeur I doubt it will improve enough to fix the issues currently, though.

My point exactly. Oreimo was better (except the ending) Oreimo was something different in the world of more. This just feels like diluted version. But I like this nobethless.
May 12, 2017 10:18 PM

Oct 2016
Extect said:

Then you are sheltered and close minded as shit because now a days, most 12 year old kids talk like that. Also it was a fucking joke.

And it's not incest because they are step siblings.
May 12, 2017 10:21 PM

Oct 2016
I don't see why there would be hate, seems like Oreimo was fairly popular. Most were mad at the ending, but it wasn't the author's fault. He got censored by the publisher and wasn't allowed to have an open incest ending. He did say:

At least with this, it's possible for an ending where they end up together since they are step siblings and you can find a shit ton more of step sibling romance stories than you can blood siblings.
May 13, 2017 5:38 PM

Jul 2014
There really isn't a whole lot to the series other than some ecchi/wincest. I'd probably have dropped it if it wasn't such a bad season I was running out of shows.
May 13, 2017 7:22 PM
May 2017
Imo oreimo is a larger world than eromanga, with more characters discussing so many things around otaku
This eromanga sensei is more meant to be meme, with lighter stories and stuff. Well for fushimi's animated it is better to read the novels too (i know we're discussing the animated) if you want the story
Because this anime is just fulfilling the meta cycle of

Spoiler episode 5

Lets make an novel about "making a novel and turning it into animated" and turn it into animated

At last the meta cycle completed
May 13, 2017 8:06 PM
Feb 2014
A consensus of short-sighted anime fans isn't really a good basis for how one should view a show. Every show is different. If every show of one kind were the same, copyright violations would be at top flight.
May 14, 2017 12:11 PM

Dec 2011
Extect said:

I mean, it sure seems like 90% of people on the planet start becoming interested in sexuality somewhere between 11-13, naturally... and I can remember a real life circumstance where I was around that age and approached by a girl who said something very similar to that. And it wasn't particularly unusual.

Human beings tend to love sex, so why freak out about it? I tend to think the majority of damage comes from us telling people how fucked up they should be over having sex 'too soon'. Because I don't think there are many pedos out there to begin with, but a ton of psychologically screwed up prudes who force their ideas onto kids. Mostly in actuality its just people sticking to their age groups.

And same goes for the 'victim culture'. Something bad happens and all the sudden you have to be a victim for life and you have to feel a certain way and go to a full-of-shit therapist and relive it 1000 times etc. etc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

168 by NiromR »»
May 8, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

331 by Pinata_ »»
Apr 28, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

177 by Sagirii »»
Apr 11, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2017

262 by slepice24 »»
Apr 10, 12:03 PM

» This anime needs more love ( 1 2 )

Jaaku_na_Neko - Jun 27, 2023

61 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Mar 8, 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.