Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 16, 2016 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah nice to see Subaru this episode. I always expected him to show up this season so glad to see they didn't waste time to introduce him.

Pretty delicious episode. We got stylish patty and presentation by Hisako. I think her character is quite underrated so I'm glad to see that she got some spotlight. Gotta also love the series' explanation and mechanics of crafting their food :> Lol, the judges..

Too bad Hisako and Megumi lost but I think they still did well.
Stark700Jul 16, 2016 7:27 AM
Jul 16, 2016 7:40 AM

Jan 2012
Well it stinks to see all 3 remaining girls lose their matches. Rooted for Alice, Megumi and Hisako. :(

Subaru finally debuted. He's rather...eccentric. XD At times he's courteous and knowledgeable but at other times...well, badmouthing Isami to rile Takumi up enough for a shokugeki was pretty low. But let's see how it goes...
Jul 16, 2016 7:41 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Also Hisako vs. Hayama got more spotlight than the first battle.

Felt really sorry for Hisako, she got humiliated by Hayama :/ His spices are OP.

Holy shit, shokugeki?! Takumi vs. Subaru will be realy fucking hype!
Jul 16, 2016 7:46 AM

Sep 2015
Nooo RIP little turtle
Megumi and Hisako lost but it was predictable

I hope the creepy stalker will not win !
Jul 16, 2016 7:47 AM

Jan 2015
What the?! That tense moment when Souma meets again with Subaru just ruined the moment Subaru shows his embroidery name. LOL Actually rather than "stick to detail", I'd rather call that Subaru's act as a "Stalker".
I also think like Hisako did. Can't really believe that the fourth important element of Hamburger would be make that lots of different.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 16, 2016 7:50 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
animefan8800 said:
Well it stinks to see all 3 girls lose their matches. Rooted for Alice, Megumi and Hisako. :(

Hisako out of the three was totally outclassed by Hayama while Megumi went toe to toe with Ryo and got a big ovation. Alice did well too.

I'd say Hisako's cooking won't excel much because she limits herself to just medicinal spices and herbs while Hayama does excellent when it comes to combining spices.

Hayama's burger looked real good. Using pita bread was a refreshing choice.

New guy, well things just got real. Shokugeki next episode.

Jul 16, 2016 8:04 AM
Apr 2014
Ryou winning makes sense, it would've been a waste otherwise.
Thank god they censored for once, that turtle slaying was quite gruesome in the manga.
Of course a good old Kebab with the spice magic of Hayama is gonna beat the pretentious Turtle burger with medicinal herbs, there was 0% chance that Arato would beat Akira, the guy who defeated MC in the preliminaries vs a lowly secretary who accepts being an underling of Erina.
Mimasaka is a walking treasure for wikias by revealing all those details about the characters, They should've properly introduced him in S1 though, Mimasaka vs Takumi should be a good one, hopefully no rushing.
Jul 16, 2016 8:14 AM

Jun 2013
What was the scene grandpa heading to toilet about?

Does that mean Megumi actually won but grandpa fcuk up cuz he didn't even notice he went bare?????
Jul 16, 2016 8:15 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again, Well I expected Ryou to win. Megumi did her best too :D

Subaru seems like a creepy stalker with all the details he knows xD

Arato was absolutely ruthless when she killed that turtle, Felt a little sad for the poor thing. Ironic coming from a person who likes meat. XD
Hayama owned Arato there, That's quite the combination mixing Kebab along with all those ingredients. Never knew pickles added that much to a hamburger. :o
Both those burgers looked so good, Wish I could have one of those for dinner T.T

Really liked the scene with Takumi declaring a rematch against Souma.
Quite disgusting of Subaru to spit his bubblegum on Takumi's tools and even trash talking about his brother.

Interesting that the last match was changed to a Shokugeki. :o
Jul 16, 2016 8:21 AM
Nov 2015
Really impressed with the adaption so far, hopefully it stays this way for the rest of the season. Though I highly doubt it since they'll be trying to fit 2 arcs into one-cour.
Jul 16, 2016 8:24 AM

May 2008
Hoooooly fucking shit, Takumi is something else. He has stronger feelings towards Souma than most of the female cast and I swear that's not just the fujoshi goggles.

His reaction when Souma told him to win so they can have a shokugeki, though. He seemed so happy and excited. I love him so much....

Also, spoiler alert: I'm a member of Takumi's fanclub. Or I totally would be anyway. Holy fuck.
Jul 16, 2016 8:24 AM

Apr 2016
The show's finally hit it's stride, and now the pacing is settled down. This season of the show's still been pretty disappointing in comparison to the first one, but its still pretty good. Another disappointing aspect is that the show no longer focuses on the cooking process as much, which was a major point of interest for me during the first season.
Jul 16, 2016 8:55 AM
Jul 2018
xD That episode was pretty intense as fuck.

Takumi will be on the role next week man, I feel like this will be something worth seeing :x
well Soma is always worth seeing.
Jul 16, 2016 8:57 AM

Sep 2014
I didn't really like Mimasaka's character tbh. I did in the beginning of the episode, but by the end when he starts provoking and spitting on Aldini's cooking tools.. I lost respect for him.

The way I see it is, you settle your battles in cooking, not outside of it.
Jul 16, 2016 8:59 AM

Jan 2012
Punk dude had such a long tongue... and really such a low move to spit on Takumi's tools to provoke him ><

I'm always surprised the judges can eat so much btw...
Jul 16, 2016 9:01 AM
Apr 2009
Chiyousagi said:
What was the scene grandpa heading to toilet about?

Does that mean Megumi actually won but grandpa fcuk up cuz he didn't even notice he went bare?????

Nope. It just shows that her dish was good enough for him to strip. But still Kurokiba's skill is way higher.
Jul 16, 2016 9:02 AM

Dec 2014
why did tadakoro lost.... They just left us hanging for the whole episode for that,..... so disappointed..... still looking forward to the show though
Jul 16, 2016 9:13 AM

Aug 2014
^ Because Kurokiba is at least a tier above Megumi, so is Hayama compared to Hisako. No reason why the less skilled should win.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jul 16, 2016 9:24 AM

Oct 2013
Oh that's Takumi's weakness...getting told that his brother will always follow behind him. Ouch.

Shoot I really feel like Takumi's image has been weakened by all the new characters introduced ever since he and Souma battled. I wish that Takumi pulls through and gets to the semis at least
Jul 16, 2016 9:26 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I kinda wanted Kurokiba to win because it would seem too predictable if Megumi won. This also breaks the theory of "whoever presents their dish first, loses". And Hayama vs. Hisako was great too. She just couldn't beat the spice master. And we finally get to see Mimasaka and his battle with Takumi should be the most exciting one before the finals (if adapted correctly).

5/5
Jul 16, 2016 9:29 AM

May 2015
RIP poor innocent turtle

Next ep will be good.
Jul 16, 2016 9:34 AM
Aug 2015
I somehow feels that this episode is too rushed .-.
Jul 16, 2016 9:42 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Jesus christ i hate when characters does the face that Subaru does at the end with their tongue out.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 16, 2016 9:58 AM

Jun 2014
I think the OP is finally starting to grow on me.

It's not surprising that Kurokiba won. He's clearly the superior cook and it would have been absolutely dumb for Megumi to win for MC reasons.

Holy shit Hisako is metal as fuck. RIP Turtle-kun. Like I said above with Megumi vs. Kurokiba, Hayama was clearly a better cook so it's no surprise that he won.

Damn, Subaru is a savage. I kind of liked him at first, especially when he first ran into Soma on the side of the road and he showed his goofier side. I also liked that "walking encyclopedia" aspect of him, but seeing him take it to the point where he's meddling with Takumi's cooking tools and shit-talking his brother to provoke a Shokugeki makes him seem like a dick. For some reason, he's still somewhat cool to me though.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 16, 2016 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
That last scene with Takumi and Subaru was hype.
Jul 16, 2016 10:23 AM

Oct 2013
I'm glad I saved this

Hisako starting her development from the manga finally which is nice.
Eating a burger at the same time as watching this episode was so good
Jul 16, 2016 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
Hisako and Megumi lost the match!

RIP Turtle!
Jul 16, 2016 11:08 AM

Sep 2010
Hisako and Megumi were just no match to Hayama and Kurokiba.

Subaru was great until he spat on Takumi's mezzaluna. That was not cool.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Jul 16, 2016 11:13 AM

Nov 2014
That was awesome. I can't believe at the end the guy spit on his tools. Bit of a dick move there. And now it's a shokugeki?
Hi there
Jul 16, 2016 11:29 AM

Jun 2010
Okay, slaughtering that little turtle was too much. Now I hate the show. I don't wanna see any animal torturing / killing in real life or even shows that aren't real. So damn you.

Hayama <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2016 11:32 AM

Sep 2013
Kurokiba wins but Odin feels her potential with his loosened loincloth :)

That turtle dish was pro, but needed something more like Hayama said.
Subaru going full jerk villain mode.

REMOVE KEBAB

Jul 16, 2016 11:40 AM

Jan 2014
I kinda got hungry when looking at hayama burger

I'm used to traditional herbs and sweet steamed bun and soft-shelled turtle, it might be a great soup, roasted or congee but the taste of steamed bun is not going well along with soft-shelled turtle (soft-shelled turtles smell is not exactly like pork or beef either) and ginger
Jul 16, 2016 12:09 PM

Aug 2012
Just giving my two sense since this is my favorite on-going manga, the match between Hayama and Hisako is by far the worse match of the tournament, especially in comparison to the Ryo and Megumi match, so I can understand many people not enjoying it as much as the matches prior.

Jul 16, 2016 12:33 PM

Apr 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
It was good.
"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater."
~Einstein
(~.~)

Jul 16, 2016 12:40 PM
Oct 2010
I think the most interesting thing this episode was the director hinted that Megumi should have won. That's pretty crazy considering who she was going up against.
Jul 16, 2016 12:49 PM

Sep 2014
Myea, was kinda expecting Ryo to win that one. Megumi still did an awesome job!
Hisako's burger looked pretty good but damn Hayama's so good *A*, also RiP turtle lel.
Dem puppy eyed judges haha
Takumi's a friggin' BA and rly excited to face Souma xD

That Subaru stalker is so creepy and spitting on Takumi's tool...I can't wait to see Takumi wreck him!
Also starting to like that opening ^^
nerfxJul 16, 2016 12:54 PM
Jul 16, 2016 12:53 PM
Jun 2015
Takumi vs. Subaru will be really fucking hype next week! I can't wait to see what happens after their match. Shit is about to go down!!!
"I'm warning you. You so much as bruise what you hold in your hand and I will show you pain. The hue of your soul will cease to matter, because you will not be judged when you die, you will no longer exist."
Jul 16, 2016 12:56 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The turtle dish didn't do anything for me, but that Hayama kebab inspired burger looked delicious.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 16, 2016 1:18 PM

Jan 2014
Really don't like how Megumi is made out to be best girl more and more, while we all know only Souma x Erina is canon.

Enjoying this season a lot less than season one so far. It's just cook-off matches, and not even between interesting characters. It seems more like an episode of "The Taste" than anime. Nothing wrong with "The Taste", but as such, there is limited added value to be found in Shokugeki as an anime and overall work of fiction.

Farabeuf said:
The turtle dish didn't do anything for me, but that Hayama kebab inspired burger looked delicious.

The kebab burger still looked too heavy to me, especially considering the lower bun to patty ratio, pickle or no pickle. The turtle burger was just turtle.

So, rather unimpressed by both.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Jul 16, 2016 1:23 PM

Dec 2009
Dude I wanted to eat Hayama's burger so badly.

Shokugeki between Aldini and Subaru. Get set for some serious food throwdown.
Jul 16, 2016 1:29 PM

Feb 2015
RIP Turtle

i got suprised a little bit when she killed the turtle without any hesitation. but the winner is way too predictable, but regardless of that, GG! especially for Hisako. atleast she tried her best...and i feel bad for her too......i kinda didn't want her to lose. and on the other side, Todoroki's match was unexpected to me tho. i feel bad for her too. but seriously. #Respect for todoroki for fighting him straight face to face. it was rare for her to did that. kinda suprised me a little bit.

and that ending tho. wtf ?! shokugeki ? you kidding me ? shit is getting more real here. looking foward for the next episode :D
Jul 16, 2016 2:13 PM

Jul 2012
Loving the pacing this show has this time around. And finally, Subaru has made his appearance. Can't wait to see that all animated!

It's also satisfying to see Hisako lose.
Jul 16, 2016 2:37 PM

Aug 2015
So Megumi ended up losing, not a shocker but I was hoping it'd end in a tie. Oh well.
Jul 16, 2016 2:39 PM

Aug 2014
I really liked the theme this episode and I need to say I had a feeling who was going to win,because he is one of the main 3 on the 2nd season poster and that must be for a reason
Jul 16, 2016 2:40 PM

Nov 2012
I agree that the 2nd season has been a bit disappointing but not because it has been mostly back to back battles so far bar a few flashbacks, I've really enjoyed it but felt that it could have done with some sort of an "epic introduction" to kick the season off and heighten the atmosphere again, instead of just literally picking up directly where we left off.
Jul 16, 2016 2:41 PM

Aug 2014
Benkyo said:
Loving the pacing this show has this time around. And finally, Subaru has made his appearance. Can't wait to see that all animated!

I want a Shokugeki between Erina and Hayama
Jul 16, 2016 2:45 PM

Dec 2014
kalim432 said:
Benkyo said:

I want a Shokugeki between Erina and Hayama

Same, battle of the senses. That would be amazing, especially since Hayama is my favorite character and I want him to take the first seat eventually
Jul 16, 2016 2:53 PM

May 2015
O woah, poor turtle getting killed like that. It's unfortunate that Megumi lost, but it was kinda obvious, sadly. Kebab, though.... Good thing I had dinner not too long ago.

Jul 16, 2016 3:21 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Congrats to Kurokiba on winning. Poor Megumi though. At least Houjou & the other students recognize her strength as a chef.

The appearance of Mimasaka. Love his VA choice & taking his stalking ability to the MAX. He knows everything down to the smallest details.

Hisako vs Hayama. Two excellent Burger dishes. Poor Turtle though.
The Spice Master Hayama too much for Hisako in the end.

Takumi vs Mimasaka next & its a Shokugeki.
Santoryu_XBurnerJul 16, 2016 3:38 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 16, 2016 3:39 PM
Dec 2012
Guys, did they mention Subaru in season 1? I honestly don't remember him at all. When he mentioned he was 4th place in the Elections I was completely confused.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

236 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 21, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

142 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 21, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

156 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 21, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

204 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 21, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2016

146 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 21, 7:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.