Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 15, 2015 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An OVA focused on Emi and Takeshi when they were kids.
removed-userJul 27, 2017 10:00 PM
May 15, 2015 9:31 PM
Sep 2014
FUCK THE FEELS AT THE END WHEN HE SAYS "MOM IS COMING TO SEE ME" ODSKFBSMZVFHMSV
NOPE.

May 16, 2015 6:37 AM

May 2014
where can we watch this ep. Does anyone know? ^^
May 16, 2015 7:09 AM
May 2015
mangalicker94 said:
where can we watch this ep. Does anyone know? ^^

Type Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso 23 (OAV): MOMENTS on dailymotion
There is no Subbed ver. yet because the one who is doing it is waiting for a version without Chinese Hardsub. He posted some pics on /a/:

and also the DVD cover

May 16, 2015 12:12 PM

Nov 2007
Everyone when they were young. Young Hayami-san's character decided to be a pianist when seeing his performance (like KajiKaji's character). She even cried and skipped her friend's performance. Young KajiKaji's character's introduced. lol @ two teachers as always. Cute inserted song when KajiKaji's character trying to figure put main guy's practice.

Interesting meeting between Hayami-san's character and KajiKaji's character. He also saw when main character jumped down the water. Hayami-san's character tries her best so that he can come back to the extend that she tries to pick the same music as him.

Lots of passing by without him realizing.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 16, 2015 1:13 PM

Jul 2012
The picture :D

Aw man, I can't believe I forgot how easily this show can bring out my emotions. I loved how they added more details into certain scenes and were able to tie the characters together even more.
We get to find out even more about what Emi and Tekeshi were like in this episode. I love how Emi was motivated to bring back the old Arima, while Takeshi was motivated to be more like the robotic, emotionless one.

Beautiful episode. I love this so much.
May 16, 2015 1:32 PM

Jun 2014
I really liked this OVA, Takeshis view was nice
I wonder what Takeshi was eating
May 16, 2015 1:32 PM
Feb 2015
Emi trying to share that Popsicle was so cute!!! >.<
Well we get an emi and takeshi focused episode. I was expecting an episode where they show how life was like after Kaori death... I thought that we would get like a date with Kousei and tsubaki...

Oh man... The feels started kicking in when he said that his mom is going to see him... D;
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
May 16, 2015 2:21 PM

Jul 2014
Such a good OVA. Explained the picture with the Kaori and Kousei. Ending was sad.
May 16, 2015 2:49 PM

Jul 2010
Hearing the ED again... the feels.

All the focus on Takeshi and Emi, Kousei sitting in the middle just like that, the three makes quite the package.

It was nice to see more clearly of why and how Takeshi and Emi became such great pianist.

Pretty nice OVA.
May 16, 2015 2:49 PM

May 2015
I want to watch this so much! But im gonna wait untill someone makes english subs ^_^
May 16, 2015 3:18 PM

Nov 2011
Cute OVA. Anyone know the music/song that was played when Takeshi was trying to observe Kousei? Anyways yeah, I thought the OVA established Emi and Takeshi's childhoods well. Didn't get to see much Kaori though except the beginning.

Also, a good reminder of the first OP song which imo is better than the second one from the TV series.
May 16, 2015 3:31 PM

Apr 2013
Good OVA with nice information about Emi and Takeshi and some clarification why and how they act in the main anime.
May 16, 2015 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
Stark700 said:
Cute OVA. Anyone know the music/song that was played when Takeshi was trying to observe Kousei?

It's called Senobi ~Nemureru Mori no Bijo no “Adagio” - ENA. Track number 21 from OST 2.
May 16, 2015 3:58 PM

Aug 2014
The memories...
May 16, 2015 4:26 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I didn't expect the OVA to be that amazing. I love Takeshi and Emi as kids, so adorable. Really nice moments when Takeshi asked the father of Kaori who was opening the shop. He also saw when Kousei jumped into the water :D

Very funny and cute when Emi was trying to give Kousei the popsicle <3

Brought back that Shigatsu feeling, great OST use and brings back the memories.
May 16, 2015 5:09 PM

Feb 2014
SO happy they focused on this in this OVA, I felt like they don't really care about this part in the main serie.

Overall it was a pretty good OVA, exeded my expectations, that's for sure.
May 16, 2015 5:09 PM
May 2014
Loved watching the OVA. It's good to see some development of Takeshi and Emi as kids. Emi is my favorite! Also like all the references to other characters and future developments.
May 16, 2015 7:22 PM
Jul 2018
This ova focused on Emi and Takeshi when they were kids.
May 16, 2015 7:41 PM

Oct 2013
It's interesting to see how all the events line up. Yeah I also loved the development of Emi and Takeshi. Yeah and those events with Kaori and that scene with Kaori's dad and Takeshi.
May 16, 2015 8:39 PM

Jan 2015
THE FUCKING FEEL TRAIN FUCK YOU SHIGATSU WA KIMI NO USO FUCK YOU.

Now that I've said it after crying, I have to say that seeing Emi and Takeshi when they were young and the process of building up their determination to catch up to Kousei really brought memories from the series.

Also those sneaky 'Little Kaori' scenes got me one by one. They were a total overkill. I can't recall the last time an OVA got me so much.

I fucking hate this anime.
10/10
May 16, 2015 9:03 PM
Jul 2013
nothing speacial. just flashbacks. *still cries* the power of FeelGatsu T^T
May 16, 2015 9:25 PM

Mar 2015
i thought something more would happen but guess not. I really wished that this was about life after kaori died though but ugh this was good
first while, the anime really kicked me in the heart because reminded me of ending but after awhile i started smiling because its so nice to see this anime again where kaori ISNT dead

May 16, 2015 9:34 PM

May 2012
lol, it was alright, just more development on emi and takeshi, that wasnt in the show... but i got some feels from the show there at the end with the "moms coming to watch me play bit"
May 16, 2015 9:37 PM

May 2013
The feels came back to me when watching this OVA. So that's how Kousei got in that picture in the beginning.
May 16, 2015 9:48 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Emi trying to get Kousei's attention but failing was pretty funny. She was quite obsessed about catching up to Arima since the beginning.

Kid Kousei's performance of Mozart's "Piano Sonata No. 3 Third Movement K. 281" was amazing. Emi attempting to play Beethoven's "Piano Sonata No. 23 [Appassionata] Third Movement" wasn't half bad either, thought she halted because of her tendonitis.
These little Classical piano moments were undoubtedly the best part of this OVA. Didn't care much about the rest. Needed more of bro Watari though.

Overall, it was okay. Shigatsu is best when focusing on music more than any other aspects.
VindstotMay 17, 2015 1:00 AM

May 16, 2015 10:15 PM

Feb 2012
All of the kids are adorable, but Emi wins the spotlight in this OVA. She's just way tooooo cute!! Especially when she was eating the ice block, trying to get closer to Arima, only to epically fail... and when she gets annoyed or angry, along with the bear behind her. Takeshi's also cute knowing that he's a stalker boy as a child. LOL!

That last part when Arima was happy that his mom would come to watch him... the pain!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 16, 2015 10:23 PM

Aug 2014
1/5
May 16, 2015 10:45 PM
Dec 2013
didnt want a prequel, but it was still nice.
May 16, 2015 11:59 PM

Aug 2011
Ehhh..... So basically Watari gets the shaft, cool.
Felt lame overall.
May 17, 2015 1:01 AM

Mar 2015
even worse than the main series
but it helped to resurrect the masochist in me again.Good job.
May 17, 2015 2:22 AM
Nov 2014
HeroKenzan said:
Agreed.

OT : Good to hear the old ED again, one of the best thing about this show tbh.
May 17, 2015 3:30 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
So I guess this was the loli-shota version?

Felt a bit meaningless but whatever
May 17, 2015 3:39 AM

Jun 2011
Turned out to be fairly enjoyable, even though I was disappointed as I wanted an epilogue sort-of, and this one felt unnecessary.

There were 2 moments that stood out for me, both moment had Kousei smiling. First was the bridge scene, Kousei spent the first half looking grim/emotionless, when he smiled it was just heartfelt. Second one was the last scene, where Kousei was happy because his mother was coming for his concert.

I liked the focus Takeshi and Emi got as well, for the most part when it wasn't a repeat of what we've been shown.

I still really want an epilogue. ):
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 17, 2015 4:13 AM

Jul 2013
That was cute. After all, it shows how hard Takeshi and Emi were trying to reach Kousei that they forgot their own feeling about what they do. This is really motivational and makes me to try harder in my upcoming exams. Again, so much feels... Can't even describe it.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
May 17, 2015 8:00 AM
Mar 2014
..Completely unnecessary feels ending? OK. It's probably my favourite Shigatsu episode otherwise, due to the fact that everyone is actually a 10 year old instead of just acting like it. Also, no Arima angst. Thank god.
May 17, 2015 8:45 AM

Feb 2014
a flashback of when they were kids , those feel ~.~
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

May 17, 2015 9:00 AM

May 2013
It's just the OVA when they were kids. Anyway, some scenes were shown from the series, so I skipped some parts. Most scenes are somehow worthwhile to watch.
CLBGM said:

My thoughts exactly.
May 17, 2015 9:13 AM

Apr 2013
BruceLad said:
HeroKenzan said:
Agreed.

OT : Good to hear the old ED again, one of the best thing about this show tbh.

The OVA was basically just a rehash of all the flashback scenes in the actual show with a few extra scenes scattered about, a few that didn't make sense. What was the point of this OVA, then. The explanation of Kousei being in the picture was in the actual series itself, just at the end. Even if it wasn't (because I just don't have enough fucks to give right now to remember fully), one can easily tell from the picture he was just wandering by. Nothing special.

It was nice to hear the first OP again, though. I wonder if perhaps if it hadn't been for the change in OP, I might've been a little more lenient on the show because it had made me excited for what I was going to watch: pretty art to pretty music. And that's all it is at the end of the day. Also angst and self-loathing. There's that, too, apparently.

Also, the size of the characters still bother me. They look like they're younger than mid-late-elementary school age.
May 17, 2015 9:46 AM

May 2015
Just finished watching, overall i think it was a good OVA, it was nice to see more details about their past.
May 17, 2015 10:00 AM

Dec 2011
Oh how I missed hearing the opening. Still very good.

Everything is so innocent this episode. >.<
We got a bit more info on Takeshi and Emi's past with Kousei. They sure are a three piece set.

Please, I hope the author make an OVA of the future, where the gang is all grown up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2015 10:26 AM

Apr 2013
Amazing ova~ missed this show
May 17, 2015 11:25 AM

Apr 2014
Well, this OVA was very bad. I hoped at a really missing episode or something, but instead we get some flashbacks of his rivales, where i don't give a thing about. OST was average and animation was okay

4/10
May 17, 2015 1:14 PM

Apr 2015
ShadowBullet said:
Well, this OVA was very bad. I hoped at a really missing episode or something, but instead we get some flashbacks of his rivales, where i don't give a thing about.

also,
I still don't know who is the best pianist in the past piano competition, I thought this ova would explain it but then all I could see is lolis everywhere...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2015 6:35 PM

Apr 2015
Glad they brought back Hikaru Nara for the opening. I love that song.

I'm also glad they resisted the urge to continue the story. The show ended on a perfect note and we don't need to actually see Kousei moving on with his life after Kaori; we've already been assured that he does exactly that.

A couple of things annoyed me: Takeshi asking for directions at the yet-to-be-opened shop, and Kaori at the playground under construction. They're little nods to the audience that didn't really do anything for the characters. That kind of thing is beneath this show and wasn't needed IMO.

7/10, definitely worth a watch for fans of the series.
May 17, 2015 7:10 PM

Oct 2014
I liked the OVA a lot, especially all the little nods to the main show, like Takeshi stumbling on Kaori's family's bakery before it opens, Kaori seeing the playground under construction, Takeshi seeing Kousei jump off the bridge, the final line of "My mom's coming to see me play today", etc. It was cool to see how all those flashbacks tied together in a linear fashion rather than jumping around like in the show.

Hearing that first OST track kick in at the start immediately reminded me how much I loved YLIA.

Soundtrack was amazing as always, OP and ED were really good, and this was some more solid development of characters I already liked. Definitely satisfied with this, though I still can't help but want to see an "after story" OVA as well of Kousei continuing to play/teaching, him and Tsubaki going on a date, etc etc. Regardless, I'd give this an 8/10
jdimaria3May 17, 2015 7:13 PM
May 17, 2015 9:19 PM
Mar 2012
A lot of the events were already covered as flashbacks in the main series, but nonetheless, interesting to see the same scenes with different perspectives. Now off to replay "Hikaru naru" for the next hour...
May 18, 2015 1:36 AM

Jun 2014
Kaori getting that little screentime makes this better than the actual series
May 18, 2015 2:50 AM

Mar 2014
IsGalis said:
FUCK THE FEELS AT THE END WHEN HE SAYS "MOM IS COMING TO SEE ME" ODSKFBSMZVFHMSV
NOPE.
Who even cares about that piece of shit? Like seriously.
May 18, 2015 5:19 AM

Jan 2011
Pretty meh. Oh well, I wasn't expecting good from this.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» what's the song's name, when takeshi was following kousei at 10:40 timestamp?

removed-user - Nov 7, 2023

2 by imsadplshelpme »»
Nov 9, 2023 8:22 PM

» Anyone know what this will be about?

Drainadin - Mar 20, 2015

23 by hellogarry »»
May 16, 2015 9:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.