Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 5, 2014 8:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Both Chaika working together? Holy shit. Good episode overall with the action. I like how almost everyone getting involved has a role in this against the experiments and their captors. The truth is to be realized.

Lol, I still find the little arguments between the two Chaikas to be funny though. Also, Akari is awesome and Chaika too with her trusty gun. I got a feeling they will meet Red Chaika and her team soon in the future. That new girl also seems has a strange aura with her..
Stark700Nov 5, 2014 9:34 AM
Nov 5, 2014 10:26 AM
Jan 2010
I'm really started to like Akari more and more. And Fredrica and her blood thirst LOL

That was a fun episode. Everyone somehow got lead to the same place. Final battle. And Chaika's awesome new gundo! ( ´-ω・)︻┻┳══━一

What if the whole series was merely a script of the Gaz Emperor...? Mysteries, mysteries. Are they going to resolve that in five more episodes? :/
Nov 5, 2014 11:28 AM

Jul 2010
It definetly was nice to see the two groups working together for a common goal. Even the two demi humans joined it.

Akari's reaction to seeing Niva xD Fredrica really did enjoy herself!

Niva true form being a gundo! It looked like a canon and it was quite powerful to destroy the defense spell like it was nothing.

The duke up to something to get people to fight each other and probably gather the Chaikas together. Well it is interesting how the research head said this was all under the emperor's plan.
Chaika being a special Chaika to be able to use Niva? Quite the episode!
Nov 5, 2014 11:37 AM

Jan 2012
I'd like to trust Niva but she/it gives off bad vibes. Hope I'm just over thinking it.

Anywho fun episode with everyone working together and all. Probably the most enjoyable episode of this bunch so far.
Nov 5, 2014 11:52 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Nice seeing both Chaika cooperating each other. With the demi-humans joining the fray with the rest of the crews, battle scenes were pretty awesome.

Akari's brocon side is always hilarious; being disappointed at Toru at suspicion of him tainting Niva's purity. XD

Kind of knew Niva was an android type, but her true form actually being a Gundo was quite surprising. Chaika just got herself a formidable weapon!
Izhmash saying the Chaikas coming to this island was part of the emperor's plan makes Gaz sounds like an Aizen. XD

Good episode. Looks like Gillette will appear next week, though he probably doesn't have any past memories left in him.

Nov 5, 2014 11:56 AM

Jan 2013
this show is so clumsily written. it feels so "make it up as we go along".

Good thing this is going to end after 5 more episodes -_-
Nov 5, 2014 12:02 PM

Aug 2010
This season has been blowing the first season away. Really loving this a lot :3

Dem chopped sentence conversations between the 2 Chaika's were so fun to listen to XD Red Chaika is so tsundere :P DAT ASS she has doe *A*

All that craziness with all the groups forming by saving one after another XD Quite the strong fighting force when they gathered up. Dat animation during the fights though :O Quite a lot of nice scenes there.

Akari's reaction to another new girl was so lol...Niva is quite a useful addition to the team with her ability to upgrade Chaika's powers.

DAT Annihilator O_O Friggin awesome!!

Oh and Obligatory Fredrica is <3
Nov 5, 2014 12:21 PM

Aug 2012
Action packed episode as expected. I am pleased.

Akari was hilarious this episode."Your defense is weak, Sticky!" I'd forgotten about that lol.

Looks like Chaika won't be able to really "take her time" sorting out how she feels about her shocking truth, since Niva is yet another Gaz tool for ensuring his will is done and will likely be the force that quells her hesitation.

Do I hear the makings of a tournament arc coming?
Nov 5, 2014 12:23 PM

Feb 2012
Man, both Chaikas should just form an alliance, no one can stop that whole group.
Next time on generic shounen, the martial arts tournament begins!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2014 12:26 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Niva Lada: One third Hatsune Miku; one third Chaika blood; one third Macross Cannon.

Akari cannot stand another girl being brought into the fold, LOL. I love her one liners.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 5, 2014 12:26 PM

Apr 2014
Yes this show was really good! Especially the fight scenes!
Too bad for Izhmash just he was a tool of Emperor Gaz all a long, Well he also did something not good so It's just like retribution.
As I thought Niva Lada was waiting for Chaika! Why it's so predictable that she would turn into a "Gundo"?
Anyway I wish someday the Two Group of Chaikas will work together and go along someday.
All in all great Episode! Can't wait for next episode next week!
Haters always gonna hate.
Nov 5, 2014 12:39 PM
Oct 2010
Nice action packed episode, was pretty well animated as well.

Best parts for me where when the two chaikas were working together.. their dialogue just cracked me up and when akira tried to put up him by saying he brought in another girl lol. Man real talk though, this dude has his little harem going on there.
Nov 5, 2014 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
Next episode more of Vivi-Chaika,yay!
Nov 5, 2014 12:57 PM

Nov 2012
Nice episode, this is getting quite interesting.....
Lol at Akira when she said "another young girl's purity has been tainted by my brother's wile?"
Niva Lada turning into a Gundo for Chaika was kind of cool.....
Next episode looks a bit promising as well....
Nov 5, 2014 1:08 PM

Dec 2013
Can't help but laugh when two Chaikas talk to one another. Niva is too op. So is she the Emperor's treasure?
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 5, 2014 1:14 PM

Jul 2013
LOL! "Another young girl's purity has been tainted by my brother's wile?" Oh Akari. Dem one liners so good lol.
Woah Niva Lada o_o
Action packed episode. Was real good :D
Martial arts tournament arc next huh.
Nov 5, 2014 1:20 PM

Jun 2014
The brother/sister love in this anime is priceless =D.

The new gun looks OP, looking foward to this whole niva thingie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2014 1:27 PM

Feb 2014
I thought all the Chaikas was supposed to be balanced? Each with their specific skills and personalities to help them in their quest. Seems the magic Chaika(s) have a major advantage though with the Gundo the Emperor left for her.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Nov 5, 2014 1:38 PM

Feb 2014
This episode was awesome and action packed, just like I like it!
Looks like they have a new member for their adventure! And I must say the gun she makes is pretty badass.
Nov 5, 2014 1:45 PM

Sep 2012
Teamwork was nice and damn Niva is one badass Gundo.
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 5, 2014 2:13 PM

Jan 2011
Now thats what i call an upgrade.

For a scientist, that guy was rather slow to realize whats happening. I mean, she shot before, so the intent is clear. And now she got a huge cannon instead of a meager sniper and she's still aiming at you. Even when he didn't know the defenses where partially disabled he should have been worried..

So know whe know the purpose of the island/research facility, but we still don't know anything more about the true intent behind having the Chaikas in the first place, and Guy remains a mystery, too.

With the current pace, there is no way to bring it to an satisfiying end in 5 episodes, especially when they start something major with that tournament..
Nov 5, 2014 2:39 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. Niva has made the Gundo of Chaska looks so bad ass.
Nov 5, 2014 2:41 PM

Jul 2012
No more red chaika for now :(
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Nov 5, 2014 2:42 PM

Dec 2013
This is my fear ... I mean, the plot is great and the series is very beautiful, but considering that there are only 5 ep I do not know how they will incorporate all that's missing ... I think volumes remain is 8, 9, 10 ...
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Nov 5, 2014 2:55 PM

Jul 2014
I can't believe i had second thoughts about starting the second season but thank god i did. so far it's really good.

The episode was great, The action was pretty good. Still felt a bit rushed tho.

Hatsune Mikue Niva is a great Gundo, I mean damn.

I still can't get enough of that OP song.
Nov 5, 2014 4:08 PM

Sep 2014
Great episode as always, can't get enough of this series. The conversation between two chaikas was adorable, although I'd like to see more of it, haha. That was a lot of great action, but I hope Toru will make a contract with Frederica soon. So many characters I love in this series, Chaika Trabant, Akari and, of course, Frederica (I wish they gave her more attention). As usual I'm sad that this series will soon come to a close. I feel it's being rushed, but I have no knowledge of source material :(.
[b]Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.

Nov 5, 2014 4:18 PM
Jul 2018
Lol @ Akari's reaction after she saw Niva and what she said about Toru after that.

Niva's true form is a Gundo.
Nov 5, 2014 4:58 PM

Jun 2014
Thats one hell of a gun... and it even comes in girl!
I LOVED that battle scene, and the charge up for the Annihilator looked awesome.
was a little disappointed with the demi-humans though. I expected some story or SOMETHING.
Oh well, new member of team Chaika.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 5, 2014 5:39 PM

Feb 2012
xytech said:
I thought all the Chaikas was supposed to be balanced? Each with their specific skills and personalities to help them in their quest. Seems the magic Chaika(s) have a major advantage though with the Gundo the Emperor left for her.
That's because white Chaika is the real daughter, the others are decoys! :O
Nov 5, 2014 6:13 PM

Jan 2014
I-It's not like I'm helping you escape because I like you. B-Baka.

Nov 5, 2014 6:18 PM

Aug 2013
Woah, that was fun. Everyone coming together, a mix of sci-fi and fantasy... I'm so glad I finally caught up, haha.
Nov 5, 2014 7:24 PM

Oct 2013
The scenes of combat are very well done in this series. It's easy to discern what is happening.
Nov 5, 2014 7:47 PM

Aug 2013
Episode quite funny and good fights, a great team to defeat the enemy on the island, a new weapon for Chaika also, surprises keep coming
Akari is really the best girl in the anime, that she always has a poker face this time made ​​great expressions, especially with the apparition of Niva and the concern with his beloved brother

Only 5 more episodes, it seems that this is the last arc, I hope it ends well ..
Nov 5, 2014 8:05 PM

Sep 2014
This episode was packed with well-paced action and contained some (good) amount of foreshadowing.

The transition to the ED in this episode is one of the better ones. The scene was quite tranquil, leading up to a climax that wasn't too sudden nor polarizing.

The scene of the Chaika groups parting with the demi humans was a bit abrupt. The demi humans turn and walk away one of them says: "They can't even feed if they don't receive orders to." At least say goodbye to each other before leaving for the time (though short) that you spent as allies.

So Niva Lada only has 3/6 seal spell layers removed huh? This isn't even my final form!

4/5 I liked this episode.
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Nov 5, 2014 8:11 PM
Aug 2014
Daayyyuum that is one walking biological gundo. White Chaika OP
Nov 5, 2014 9:36 PM

Dec 2010
I can't believe I forgot to update my episode count for this show...I've seen every episode but this one twice, I just forgot to update it, whoops.

Anyway, this was an awesome episode. It was nice to see the two groups working together. Plus the Chaika-Bohdan conversations were awesome. Two characters conversing in Chaikaese made my day.

Niva seems to be pretty cool, and definitely handy, but I wonder what she was really created for...

Martial arts tournament soon?
Nov 5, 2014 9:38 PM

Nov 2011
Two Chaika's working together was adorable. A lot of dead Fayla this episode.
Nov 5, 2014 10:10 PM
Nov 2013
Awesome episode, very action packed and the story is moving along very well. The interactions between both Chaika's was hilarious, they're both so quirky and cute. Akari had some hilarious moments as always (I should realt add her to my favorites list). Niva Lada... I'm guessing she's the ultimate gundi? That transformation is insane. Vivi next episode, I missed her. Can't wait!
Nov 5, 2014 10:14 PM

Apr 2012
I hope the cute brown girl makes another appearance.
Nov 5, 2014 10:40 PM

Jun 2013
omg. Two Chaikas speaking Chaika to each other is cuteness overload, I couldnt stop giggling lol
Nov 6, 2014 1:34 AM

Jan 2011
Lot's of action in this episode, but why don't the two Chaika teams work together until they get all the remains assembled? My guess is that Niva also has some function that kicks in when the remains are assembled in the presence of the Chaika's--maybe the Emperor's resurrection?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 6, 2014 1:42 AM

May 2013
Holy crap, I never expected White and Red Chaika to have conversations in this episode, it was just too epic.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Nov 6, 2014 5:18 AM

Oct 2009
This season is really great, the first wasn't bad but this is just amazing!
Nov 6, 2014 7:22 AM
Jul 2018
Wow this episode was really cool.
Niva transforming into a gundo =o
Nov 6, 2014 7:23 AM

Jun 2013
amazing action and Niva turned into a gun cool
Nov 6, 2014 7:42 AM

Aug 2013
The Niva cannon was cool. I wonder if she's now "assigned" to white Chaika since it was her blood that booted up Niva.

Only five more episodes. I read somewhere that the creator already revealed the ending to Bones so this will have an actual conclusion. Kind of wondering how they're going to do it. I know it's going to be rushed but I'm hoping it's not too rushed.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 6, 2014 8:59 AM

Apr 2013
love the Chaika Ops scenes.
Nov 6, 2014 9:54 AM

Jul 2013
Double Chaika conversation was just too epic for words XD

AKARI!! God damn she didn't waste time accusing her brother XD This is brocon done right, other anime should take note..

Didn't expect Niva to be a gundo, I thought she was gonna wreck the tower herself. This is why I love this series, the plot twists are just great.

kickmesign said:

I think Niva can actually turn into any weapons. It just happened that White Chaika bonded with her first, not to mention it seems that she was only partially unsealed.
Nov 6, 2014 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah the season is flying by so fast. We're already mid series now.
This second season of Chaika is really heating up and I'm excited to see how it ends. :)
Nov 6, 2014 10:07 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I always knew that the Lada Niva was overpowered, hehe.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2014

302 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

70 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2014

91 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2014

80 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2014

86 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.