Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 27, 2009 3:17 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This isn't too bad, Saiko's killer aura is just threatening^^ I would love to see Kakeru have more impact in the match with Misuzu though but it's never easy to beat her. Yukiko finally show her ability and it's pretty awesome! Her regeneration actually saved her from certain death^^
ShanaFlameOct 27, 2009 3:36 PM
Oct 27, 2009 3:38 PM

Sep 2008
Torrent whar. I missed the tv airing.
Oct 27, 2009 10:34 PM
Jul 2018
Why can't ppl in anime just die from fatal wounds :/

Now we see, that wolf isn't useless and Yukiko has some fighting ability that tops Kusakabe easily.
Oct 28, 2009 8:43 AM

Oct 2009
It was a good episode. The first half was interesting in knowing the powers of Tajima more. Pirokinesis is great to have since it can burn off the enemies very nicely. Tajima looks like a kind person but the wound he got of those monsters looked painful. Tadashi speaking italian to Shiori was very funny and I liked it. Kakeru's eye was strange when he was Misuzu, did it gave some kind of weird illusion about Misuzu going to hurt Yuka? It looked like that. Since my experience with Nogizaka Haruak no Himitsu:Purezza #4, I find the Yukiko breast joke on Yuka is more forced than a joke now. The fight was just incredible! Very nice and much better than before. Yukiko's power looks like that hero called flash. She can be so fast I could not even see her movements. Slashing at the speed of light but the worst was probably when she got hit by that guy...the blood and pain...ouch! I must say Yukiko's recovery was very quick but when the other enemy pierced her with what looks like a scorpion tail and all that blood more shock came to me. Good thing Yukiko recovered really fast when that Red Night was over else she would die. Anyone noticed Yukiko has a split personality without her glasses when she attacked Misuzu by slicing a little of her hair? Good thing Tajima saved the day by burning those Black Knights. Excellent Tajima! I would like people's opinion on how they got scared and freaked out at this part:

It looks also like Yukiko can recover faster than other members and I liked that hug for support from Yuka to Yukiko, that was nice. Can't wait till next episode because my favorite guy Kakeru shows his true power with his golden eye! Yes! Finally!

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 28, 2009 8:52 AM

Jun 2008
good episode

Now if as soon as she takes of her glasses Yukiko becomes less obnoxious in her behaviour and appearance and furthermore rocks fighting, why does she wear them in the first place?^^
HoaRy said:
LoGH
Oct 28, 2009 10:27 AM

Jul 2009
Good Episode
Oct 28, 2009 10:45 AM

Sep 2007
Oh God, I laughed so hard when I saw the title XD
Oct 28, 2009 10:54 AM

Oct 2007
But what does the title have anything to do with the episode itself?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 28, 2009 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
Mask=glasses maybe? But that was everything but a smile behind it :/
But that Hungarian failed horribly lol
Oct 28, 2009 11:06 AM

Oct 2007
But does she smile when she took her mask/glasses off?

Oct 28, 2009 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
Dere Yandere. ~ Cool.
Oct 28, 2009 11:52 AM

Jul 2009
So his eyes can see the future or can read people's mind?

Siva said:
She smile when she wear the glasses, probably her mask is when she took off her glasses instead of when she wear them, my mind always wondering at this time 01:52 AM, so probably other ppl have other theories on this tittle meaning..
Oct 28, 2009 12:12 PM

Feb 2008
hehe nice. but still the story doesn't really interest me. it all seems just plain.
Oct 28, 2009 12:20 PM

Nov 2008
Great episode~ Loved that "other" Yukiko :P She has some nice powers.
Tosi ystävyys ei jäädy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Oct 28, 2009 12:55 PM

Oct 2007
Laevantein said:
Siva said:
She smile when she wear the glasses, probably her mask is when she took off her glasses instead of when she wear them, my mind always wondering at this time 01:52 AM, so probably other ppl have other theories on this tittle meaning..

The title should represent something that we don't know instead of something that we already known. And you shouldn't try to twist the meaning of it and make it makes sense.

Oct 28, 2009 1:23 PM

Sep 2007
Actually I took the English title kinda from ANN, where it says "Smiling Behind a Facade", but thinking about it, the English translation can be bit off too, cos "kamen no hohoemi" is just a plain genitive determinative, so it could be translated as "the smile of the mask" or "the smile behind the mask" too. Although I think they wanted to use the one with behind, cos for the other one they would not need the word "mögött".
Oct 28, 2009 2:08 PM

Jul 2009
I really wanna like this but it's just okay not terrible just okay

HoaRy said:

Because that would make the show good *sigh*
unellmayOct 28, 2009 2:13 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 28, 2009 3:31 PM

Aug 2008
Doresvenia? Is that supposed to be Transylvania?

Nice analysis on the title Nyufi. "Mask behind the box" was better than Egy lány-ban kristály

HoaRy said:
I laugh at your F/S N logic
Oct 28, 2009 3:55 PM

Sep 2008
SunyiNyufi said:

Somehow I find this amusing.
As for the show itself, I'm disappoint.
Oct 28, 2009 3:57 PM

Oct 2009
SunyiNyufi said:
That is interesting analysis but does it not mean only that Yukiko has two personalities? One with glasses and another with no glasses?

Oct 28, 2009 4:21 PM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:
SunyiNyufi said:
That is interesting analysis but does it not mean only that Yukiko has two personalities? One with glasses and another with no glasses?

Most likely that's what they wanted to transmitt, but still the Hungarian word "doboz" has no other meaning, and if they really meant "smiling mask" with 'kamen no hohoemi' (which would be actually logical, and would be about Yukiko), then they had no reason to put in the word "mögött", which only can mean behind. "Smiling mask" would be 'mosolygó maszk' btw. (Although in that case I would have rather used the word 'álarc', which means mask too, but the two words differ a bit cos literally trasnlated 'álarc' means 'fake face', so it would be more fitting imho... and sounds cooler actually lol)

Language lesson over, lol :D
Oct 28, 2009 5:07 PM

Oct 2009
Eh, I don't know why I keep watching this show. I might drop it. I think I'll make a decision with the next episode.

Shiori is cute, though. I hope she becomes significant soon. Might just save the show for me.
Oct 28, 2009 5:21 PM

May 2009
Yukiko looks sexy with her glasses off. I wasn't expecting her powers to be somewhat of a superhuman.
Shiori is cute, I agree totally.
I also wish i had heterochromia eyes like Kakeru's , though some colors don't match.

I'm just continuing this show, cause I'm curious of their powers. The storyline isn't that great though.
Oct 28, 2009 5:24 PM

Aug 2009
Siva said:

Actually I think the title was "A Smiling Mask" which would make a little more sense considering her "mask" is her "glasses."

-I actually lol'ed at the Italian part because I didn't think that idiot would actually do it.

-That was a really nice fight today. 10 bucks says that Kakeru's power is an All-seeing eye like Pride's from FMA.
Oct 28, 2009 5:47 PM

Oct 2009
SunyiNyufi said:

Most likely that's what they wanted to transmitt, but still the Hungarian word "doboz" has no other meaning, and if they really meant "smiling mask" with 'kamen no hohoemi' (which would be actually logical, and would be about Yukiko), then they had no reason to put in the word "mögött", which only can mean behind. "Smiling mask" would be 'mosolygó maszk' btw. (Although in that case I would have rather used the word 'álarc', which means mask too, but the two words differ a bit cos literally trasnlated 'álarc' means 'fake face', so it would be more fitting imho... and sounds cooler actually lol)

Language lesson over, lol :D

So basically Japan is not good with Hungarian language. XD Why even try.

Oct 28, 2009 5:53 PM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:

Well, most foreigners suck at Hungarian...and Japanese suck at any other languages too XD
Oct 28, 2009 5:57 PM

Jan 2009
Oh.. So the time they spends in the Red Night passes in the blink of an eye in the real world .. Cliché lol

Anyhow, I've updated my thoughts on this anime, the fireguy whatever-his-name (couldn't care less actually) seems kinda cool, Yuka could just go and die, Kusakabe is awesome, Yukiko is lol and slightly annoying although her other personality thingy is awesome, and lastly, Kakeru needs to stop being a wuss (And he's gotta stop thinking about protecting Yuka, she should die already anyway). Oh and Shiori-chan seems interesting as well, more of her please : >

Also, still.. Too Damn Many panty shots.... Damn annoying by now : <

Next time he'll finally awaken, huh? Or seems like it from the preview at least
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 28, 2009 6:41 PM

Oct 2009
SunyiNyufi said:
francismeunier said:

Well, most foreigners suck at Hungarian...and Japanese suck at any other languages too XD

Well their english looks to be developed because of USA and they a interest to us French people but I heard they have more problems with French but they come often to France more than USA.
Oosran said:
Oh.. So the time they spends in the Red Night passes in the blink of an eye in the real world .. Cliché lol

Oosran I missed you! :D Here let me argue with you a little here. Ah, the time distortion thing. Looks like that.
Oosran said:
Anyhow, I've updated my thoughts on this anime, the fireguy whatever-his-name (couldn't care less actually) seems kinda cool, Yuka could just go and die,

Fireguy is great! I like Pirokinesis since Railgun first episode with a guy like that in it. That is mean to say that to Yuka she has pink cute panties and is so innocent would not like to you know what with her?
Oosran said:
Kusakabe is awesome, Yukiko is lol and slightly annoying although her other personality thingy is awesome,

Kusakaba is great but she need to get more fights going on. Yukiko's other personality looks evil...she also slashed Misuzu.
Oosran said:
and lastly, Kakeru needs to stop being a wuss (And he's gotta stop thinking about protecting Yuka, she should die already anyway).

Kakeru, I like him a lot. He is not a wuss. He is very determined and wants to unlock his power really quickly. He is a wuss for pain and that I wish that he gets over it.
Oosran said:
and Shiori-chan seems interesting as well, more of her please : >

She looks a little like Index but a lot more quiet. I think it is more the Italian! Italian....Bonjourno?
Oosran said:
Also, still.. Too Damn Many panty shots.... Damn annoying by now : <

Yeah but what about the breast grabbing?
Oosran said:
Next time he'll finally awaken, huh? Or seems like it from the preview at least

Yeah the golden is coming! Get ready for something amazing......
francismeunierOct 28, 2009 6:50 PM

Oct 28, 2009 7:44 PM

Jul 2009

(^_^)b

Lucky bastard...One of the few shows where the side dude actually hogged more hot chicks and being funnier than the main one LOL Wai-, they are most of the time, if not always, better than the boring MC, what I am talking about? LOL

PS: *sigh* not another cheap-ass Sven Vollfied again, let the awesome dude alone already...<_<

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 28, 2009 8:00 PM

Oct 2009
BitchMaster said:

(^_^)b

Sure has some courage to say that to a nice mature lady like her with big you know what.

BitchMaster said:

Lucky bastard...One of the few shows where the side dude actually hogged more hot chicks and being funnier than the main one LOL Wai-, they are most of the time, if not always, better than the boring MC, what I am talking about? LOL

PS: *sigh* not another cheap-ass Sven Vollfied again, let the awesome dude alone already...<_<

I don't think Takahashi would hit girls but Shiori looks left to be hit next if you know what I mean.

Oct 28, 2009 10:23 PM
Feb 2009
i say it was ok
Oct 28, 2009 10:34 PM

Nov 2007
regeneration? meh she should of died.... a Yukiko centered ep wasn't great but Takahisa was kind of cool and at least he isn't useless like Kakeru. I guess his eye will give him some kind of looking into the future power.

needs more red night oh well
Oct 28, 2009 10:47 PM

Oct 2009
mystik said:
regeneration?

Exactly, but is Yukiko the only one that can regenerate that fast and be fast like the super hero Flash? It looks like her powers are unique in that way but it bothers me to know if others regenerate because Tajima looked like he did but slower than Yukiko. What do you think?

Oct 28, 2009 11:19 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
mystik said:
regeneration?

Exactly, but is Yukiko the only one that can regenerate that fast and be fast like the super hero Flash? It looks like her powers are unique in that way but it bothers me to know if others regenerate because Tajima looked like he did but slower than Yukiko. What do you think?

Wolverine would like to have a word with you ;p

Oct 29, 2009 3:09 AM

Oct 2009
BitchMaster said:
francismeunier said:
mystik said:
regeneration?

Wolverine would like to have a word with you ;p

I thought wolverine can recover any time not just from one dimension to another?

Oct 29, 2009 10:59 AM

Sep 2009
Wow this was my fav episode....yes yukiko is my fav chracter from the series apart from kusakabe.......her high speed attacks blew me off....the knifes or short swords ( no idea but weapons ??!!) ...having the killing serious intent while fighting...it was so cool....
Sort of want kakure and kusakabe to be together...they actually really look good together.but if i have to pursue liking them ...i feel sad for yuka...they r sweet together though...
and takahisa...bishonen!!!...well he always looked good..but his personality makes him way attractive...
last-ly : yukiko being hit like that..i could hear her bones cracking...and her flesh going through severe pressure..that was just scary...dont hit a girl...its scary..!!
Oct 29, 2009 1:51 PM

Jul 2008
so kakeru can predict the future? is that it?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 29, 2009 2:57 PM

Jul 2009
kage-bunshin said:
so kakeru can predict the future? is that it?

What are you doing here commenting? Go get Kakeru to have him read your fortune NAO!!!

Oct 29, 2009 8:37 PM

Feb 2008
Everyone in the Red Night have power, it just that Kakeru and Yuka doesn't have been fully awakening yet.
Kakeru was born with the power in his right eyes or did her sister gave that to him.
I don't get it what happening from episode 1 from beginning, suicide? She must have a reason to kill herself.
What's wrong with Yuka and bit of the romance in the anime?

Yukiko with her amazing killing aura, her eyes turn very cold like a machine, she wasn't even talk when she tooked of her glasses.
If her body is regenerated.
Does she really ages with her immortal body?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 29, 2009 9:59 PM

May 2009
Loli like Shiki and heals like Shirou?

Haha, I'll keep watching.
Hybrid00Oct 29, 2009 10:05 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2009 1:38 AM

May 2008
I kinda liked the episode, the animation for the fights were great and I liked to see Yukiko in action.
Oct 30, 2009 2:09 PM

Jul 2008
so yeah undead imba yukiko finally appeared. besides that stil some nice fights cant complain at all.

Oct 30, 2009 3:25 PM

Sep 2007
Does Yuka actually do anything other than be completely fucking useless?
Oct 30, 2009 3:49 PM

Oct 2008

Yuki-pon finally shows her powers, same with Tajima..

Oct 30, 2009 4:01 PM

Feb 2009
Yukiko is made of win!
Oct 30, 2009 4:16 PM

Sep 2009
Wow boy...
In fact, if this show were programmed for 24 episodes, I would have dropped it already. Besides, I can handle with 12 "weak" episodes, so I´ll keep watching, and perhaps the upcoming episodes can change my mind, but....

I have already said, and I´ll repeat again:
* This kind of history doesn´t need those lots of upskirts;
* The ecchi scenes are out of context;
* Kakeru, as protagonist, is a complete failure and nothing charismatic;
* Yuka is completely boring.
Oct 30, 2009 4:47 PM

Jan 2009
Tatynin said:
* Yuka is completely boring.

: > Yes she is. Why don't they kill her already?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 30, 2009 5:01 PM
Sep 2009
Is there anyone who can translate Italian spoken by Tadashi and Shiori?

I wonder what they said, and only word I can understand is

Ciao, Bon Giorno, Carbonara....;;-_-
Oct 30, 2009 5:03 PM

May 2009
Don't really know what to think. It's decent enough to keep watching. At least it was the best episode so far imo. Seems like Kakeru's ability is to see what's going to happen?
Oct 30, 2009 6:25 PM

Apr 2009
Tajima must have very many sides to his personality...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Dec 22, 2009

316 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 3:42 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Dec 8, 2009

197 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 3:10 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 24, 2009

148 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 2:30 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Nov 17, 2009

182 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 2:17 PM

Poll: » 11eyes Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 10, 2009

110 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 18, 12:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.