Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2014 8:50 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The toilet joke was the same as the manga, awesome.
It seems they added some lines, because I didn't remember it was that long the first half.

Hol Horse is the best playboy, and his introduction with J.Geil was well animated.

Abdul ;___;
Polnareff last scene was faithfully adapted.

I literally can't wait for the next episode.
AkanezoraJun 6, 2014 8:57 AM
Jun 6, 2014 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
That as pretty tense. Polnareff can be quite a hothead sometimes although I don't blame him for his urge to carry out his revenge. >I don't give a shit about Dio yo

Hol Horse's debut was awesome, I think his VA did a decent job there. I thought he fought well too. The OST this episode though...can't wait to get it.

Stark700Jun 6, 2014 4:26 PM
Jun 6, 2014 8:53 AM

Apr 2009
Haha, I am glad they left the India scenes as hilarious as they were. The arrival and the pig head are still gold.
The Hanged Man's entrance looked creepy and the split of our heroes' group was dealt with in an adequate manner as well. Hol Horse and J. Geil's entrance was also as cool as usual, charming women and killing snakes in the sunset set a good mood. His theme is also pretty damn cool.

The standoff and duel at the end were captured great, too - with the first death of one of our protagonists!?

Next week:
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jun 6, 2014 9:09 AM

Jul 2011
Kinda bummed out by Hol Horse's VA not being Wakamoto or Otsuka. Not really feeling this guy either.
Jun 6, 2014 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
Kellhus said:
Kinda bummed out by Hol Horse's VA not being Wakamoto or Otsuka. Not really feeling this guy either.

As much as I love Wakamoto's voice, I feel like he was horribly miscast as Hol Horse in the OVAs. He'd be better as someone like Diavolo, imo. Otsuka, on the other hand, was pretty much perfect. This new guy, Kiuchi Hidenobu, is somewhere in between for me.
Jun 6, 2014 9:29 AM

Dec 2012
Kellhus said:

He is not? no wonder he is not listed in the character page.

Man, I was specifically looking forward t Hol Horse because I recognized Otsuka's voice in the game. Damn..
Jun 6, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
tsudecimo said:
Kellhus said:

Man, I was specifically looking forward t Hol Horse because I recognized Otsuka's voice in the game. Damn..

No, it's this guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidenobu_Kiuchi
Jun 6, 2014 9:31 AM

Apr 2009
I like how
is voiced Yukino Satsuki, though.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jun 6, 2014 9:37 AM

Dec 2012
Fadeout4 said:
tsudecimo said:

No, it's this guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidenobu_Kiuchi

Thanks for the link. Hei's voice actor, hmmm, that's not too bad. But I still would have preferred Otsuka.

Seems off topic. But does this mean that the voice actors in the game are not guaranteed to voice the characters in the Stardust and the hopefully upcoming adaptions?
Jun 6, 2014 9:40 AM

Nov 2011
tsudecimo said:
Seems off topic. But does this mean that the voice actors in the game are not guaranteed to voice the characters in the Stardust and the hopefully upcoming adaptions?

Oh definitely. I thought that was already known, since Kakyoin, Polnareff and Abdul all have different voice actors in the anime.
Jun 6, 2014 9:52 AM

Jul 2010
Fadeout4 said:
tsudecimo said:

Oh definitely. I thought that was already known, since Kakyoin, Polnareff and Abdul all have different voice actors in the anime.

Like Fadeout said, ASB's voice actors are good but expensive. I think DP tried to save some budget by choosing lesser expensive VAs.
Jun 6, 2014 9:59 AM

Jul 2013
Akanezora said:
Fadeout4 said:

Like Fadeout said, ASB's voice actors are good but expensive. I think DP tried to save some budget by choosing lesser expensive VAs.

It's nice that they kept Daisuke Ono though. Jotaro's voice doesn't seem too hard to recreate but I love the VA and his roles.

Other than that, I'm impressed how well they dragged out some of the scenes. It added more to the experience. They made Avdol getting capped a lot more dramatic.
Jun 6, 2014 10:04 AM

Aug 2007
Another great ep like always. Pig scene was glorious I'm glad they even kept the worker trippy face in. They still had me going like when I read the manga. 0.o

I'm really excited for the next ep now. They really handled it well.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 6, 2014 10:14 AM

Jan 2008
WOW...this episode...I don't even...

First of all for someone who has been to India recently, the opening scenes sure brought back memories - they were spot on. No offense to Indian people, but I'm totally with Joseph on that one :)

The scene with the pig was hilarious, I knew to expect something funny when Polnareff was involved.

However, after the comedic beginning, talk about a total change of tone. That Centerfold guy is really creepy and very dangerous. I'm glad he's not another pushover like most of the enemies so far.

Things got really intense with the first fight between the good guys. I gotta say, I don't agree with Polnareff but I understand how he feels - he's a pretty passionate impulsive guy. Too bad Abdul is the one who suffered at the end. He was the nicest guy of them all, which makes it even more heartbreaking.

In any case, this was the best episode of the season so far and next week cannot come soon enough.
Jun 6, 2014 10:28 AM

May 2013
WTF pigs in the toilet?! lol.

Sad what happened to Avdol. Get some revenge for him.
Jun 6, 2014 10:56 AM
Jan 2014
That culture shock.
Especially when the pig was poking his head out of the toilet.
Poor Polnareff, atleast the toilet was clean.

The Hanged Man is a terrifying stand, not only does it look scary, but it can only been seen in reflections. It really suits J. Geil.

I have to admit though, The Emperor is a pretty awesome stand.
It also has a great ability.

I'm very said about Avdol. He was a favourite. Too bad that he had to pay the price. I guess the steam that formed around his body was from Magician Red. Didn't expect Polnareff to cry at the last scene.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Jun 6, 2014 11:10 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Polnareff had quite the experience with that toilet. XD

A little dispute among Avdol and Polnareff..
Well, Polnareff's raging behavior is understandable since his main objective has always been to avenge his sister's death.

Hol Horse is one epic playboy! That gunshot was awesome and Hanged Man totally slaughtered that snake.

Intense encounter between Polnareff and Hol Horse. A bit hilarious too!
Liked Hol's Stand ability; changing the path of the bullet at will. Very handy.
Polnareff was goner for a moment. Good thing Avdol came and saved him at the nick of time, but NOOOO! Why you gotta die?! :(
Damn, those manly tears.. T_T

Great episode! Where is Jotaro when you need him? Guess it's up to Polnareff and Kakyoin to take those guys on.
VindstotJun 6, 2014 11:47 AM

Jun 6, 2014 11:19 AM
Mar 2011
Great Episode.The Hanged Man is imho the coolest stand the Joestar group has encountered so far. :D
Jun 6, 2014 11:21 AM

Sep 2013
Inb4theinevitablespoilers :)

I scared to go to India now :( unless I have 5 Jotaro like bodyguards with me at all times.
That pig's roar sounded like Godzilla :O
Poor snake :(
Jun 6, 2014 11:41 AM

Mar 2010
Kakyoin the Pretty.
But stepping in cow shit is what makes this country so wonderful!
Jotaro seems really concerned about the afterlife.
WTF Jotaro, you're supposed to be on my side!
Stop being a goddamn rebel.
Dat jaw drop though.
As usual, animals get no respect in Jojoland.
That laugh will haunt Polnareff's nightmares forever.
Relax, dude, it's just a pig in a toilet.
DO YOU EVEN JOJO?
MENACING TOILET...
HAAAAAH?
TROMP, TROMP, TROMP.
Lol quite the actor, this guy.
A NEW RIGHT HAND APPEARS!
BLAM!
COBURAAA...
Hol Horse is a spin on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Force
FWOOSH!
This episode has some especially silly sound effects.
If not for Sanada yesterday, that would certainly win my Eyebrow Moment of the Week.
Let the Laughing Contest begin!
Oh shit, color change, let's go!
CURVE.
It just annoys me so much! D:
Jun 6, 2014 11:53 AM

Apr 2014
That ending with Avdol.. I wasn't expecting to get hit with the feels today.
Jun 6, 2014 11:59 AM

Jul 2013
NOOOOOOO Avdol..... :( I guess black guy shouldn't go on a aventure about horror stuff even in anime :p
The pig was hilarious :D
Jun 6, 2014 12:07 PM

Oct 2012
Bummed about Hol Horse's VA.

That pig was lucky he even got to live.
Jun 6, 2014 12:35 PM

Feb 2013
This week's horror themed Stand is Bloody Mary
Jun 6, 2014 12:47 PM

Apr 2013
AVDOOOOOLLLL-SANNNNN!!! Noooooooo! From the looks of things, this is our first major death in Stardust Crusaders (I haven't read the manga so I don't know for sure). I liked Avdol but he was probably the flattest of the group (still an upstanding guy though). It is better that Polnareff survived this one especially after his traumatic toilet incident.

And before all the drama, I loved the ripping on India. Classic curry, toilet and street scam jokes. However, I didn't see any cow jokes which was disappointing.
Jun 6, 2014 12:56 PM

Nov 2011
deanzel said:
However, I didn't see any cow jokes which was disappointing.

There actually was in the manga, but it got cut for some reason:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8179377/Jojo/JK151.jpg

EDIT: Fixed link
Jun 6, 2014 1:06 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome ep. I guess Avdol isn't dead yet? Main characters usually at least have some final words before death. That was too sudden!! RIGHT?!

And quite the awesome combo too those 2 have. The reflection stand is OP! and a homing bullet? :O

Polnareff was too tsun at the end until he started crying manly tears ;_;

Lol'd so much at the beginning with the pig toilet XDXDXD PRICELESS ROFL XD

Poor Polnareff. U know that u're day is bad if by the end of it u forget that kind of experience XD
Barion-ZaraJun 6, 2014 2:17 PM
Jun 6, 2014 1:28 PM
Mar 2014
This adaptation just takes everything in the manga and makes it a thousand times better. Stardust Crusaders is one of my least favorite parts, but this anime is definitely changing that.
Jun 6, 2014 1:31 PM

Jul 2010
What?! nooo, Avdol! the hell...well, neverthless it was an amazing episode (again), comedy scenes were gold as well.I can't believe Avdol is dead for real though.
Jun 6, 2014 1:32 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I thought the pig in the toilet scene (and the licking comment) would be hard to top for comment purposes in this episode, but then Avdol gets killed like that. Wow.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 6, 2014 2:28 PM

Aug 2013
One down... We lost lost our scene describer :(
R.I.P. Avdol, you didn't last long unfortunately. But, this is JoJo, I expect mains to die and some good twist.

Well, now it's payback time bitches! I guess that Polnareff, after dealing with the two, will join the group definitively because of what Avdol said when he confronted him.

The toilet scene was hilarious. "The owner say it's hygienic because the pork will lick your butt hihihihi" xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 6, 2014 3:46 PM
Feb 2014
Nooooooooo

I don't know why but this is the most episode i shed tears on ;( .R.I.P Avadol
Jun 6, 2014 4:01 PM
Jan 2013
I just knew someone would die when those early credits popped up. Just didn't think it would be avdol.
Jun 6, 2014 4:26 PM
Oct 2011
the first half had me laughing quite a bit. polnareff is a comedy lmao...but that change in tone was so sudden with avdol randomly appearing and then just dying like that...

I dont believe he is really dead yet, it happened too sudden as kakyoin mentioned although i dont feel like his character and ability really has that much potential but idk...the feels T-T
Jun 6, 2014 4:30 PM

Jun 2013
That pig in the toilet... lol

Damn this episode got really emotional in the end.. poor Avdol :(
Jun 6, 2014 4:34 PM

Nov 2013
argh, no ending song *sad face*
Jun 6, 2014 4:46 PM

Apr 2009
I thought that I was sad when Hol Horse didn't have Jiraya's voice like in ASB...THEN ABDUL DIED AND I DIDN'T CARE ABOUT THAT ANYMORE. I hardly ever get upset when characters die in anime, but I literally gasped and shouted out loud when it happened, I guess that goes to show how invested in JoJo I am.

On another note, Hanged Man looks awesome and evil as shit, totally sweet design. Ironically I think it's tied with Silver Chariot for my favorite stand design wise.

Jun 6, 2014 4:48 PM

Dec 2010
The toilet scene was hilarious. I quite like Hol Horse, he seems like an interesting character. Hanged Man is a pretty cool stand, I do want to see J Geil's face...even though I looked on the wiki but still. Poor Avdol, we hardly knew ye. I was hoping he would get one more awesome action sequence, but alas. I like Polareff even if he was kind of a jerk at times...
Jun 6, 2014 4:49 PM

May 2013
Nooooo they killed my baby Abdul :( sucks but i must say the new villains are badass love the handgun stand so DOPE
Be It 10 or 1000 Men, The End Result Will Be The Same..
Jun 6, 2014 5:56 PM

Jul 2011
vince1996 said:

2nd episode already where the ED is too inappropriate to play, with many more to come. I hope they change it for the next season.
Jun 6, 2014 6:44 PM

Nov 2011
Kellhus said:
vince1996 said:

2nd episode already where the ED is too inappropriate to play, with many more to come. I hope they change it for the next season.

Second? It was skipped for episode 1, 2, 8 and 10.
Jun 6, 2014 7:11 PM

May 2013
Like others have said, I don't really think Avdol is actually dead. Haven't read the manga so I wouldn't know, but it just feels too soon for one of the main characters to die.
Jun 6, 2014 7:13 PM

Jul 2011
Fadeout4 said:

I wasn't counting 1-2, as it didn't exist yet.
Jun 6, 2014 7:26 PM

Nov 2011
Kellhus said:
Fadeout4 said:

I wasn't counting 1-2, as it didn't exist yet.

Ah, fair enough.
Jun 6, 2014 7:35 PM

Sep 2009
This week's episode of Stardust Crusaders was fucking incredible. I mean, Emperor/Hanged Man was one of the best fights in the manga in the first place, but the tone, pacing, acting, everything was just fucking pitch perfect in this. So much better than the OVA's take on it, even if it does lack Wakamoto.

Mod Edit: Removed spoiler, do not discuss the manga beyond this episode.
VudisJun 10, 2014 10:41 AM
Jun 6, 2014 7:39 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, they are killing this. Awesome.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 6, 2014 7:46 PM

Jul 2010
jen_lawliet said:
guys what happened to the elephant did they just leave it there
He died because Hol Horse was too sexy for him.
Jun 6, 2014 7:51 PM

Jan 2013
Another episode without walk like an egyptian. fuck.

They could have played walk like egyptian after. Theres no rule that says just because the dude was crying, they can't play the catchy ending song.

That's stupid.

Mod Edit: merged double post.
ThangLongJun 30, 2014 7:33 AM
Jun 6, 2014 8:18 PM

Jan 2011
SolviteSekai said:
They could have played walk like egyptian after. Theres no rule that says just because the dude was crying, they can't play the catchy ending song.

That's stupid.

Their Egyptian is too dead to walk, maybe that's why.
Jun 6, 2014 8:35 PM

Nov 2011
SolviteSekai said:

That's stupid.

No, but there IS a rule that says the episode can't go over the allotted time slot. That's why they cut endings and openings. The Part 1/2 anime had several episodes with missing endings and openings when airing that were later added in the DVD/BD versions.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Akanezora - Jul 11, 2014

128 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 29, 12:55 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2014

131 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 29, 12:16 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Aug 29, 2014

182 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 20, 11:21 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

233 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 20, 12:59 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Jul 25, 2014

156 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 16, 10:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.