Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2008 4:48 AM
Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome episode, I would almost go as far to say it's been the best of the series.
Great way to end it.
Jan 10, 2008 1:20 AM

Jan 2008
I never expected the series to end like that, was quite a surprise for me and definately leaves it open for the second series, which ofc we all know has aired now.
Jan 10, 2008 8:25 AM
Dec 2007
Rubba_Duck said:
I never expected the series to end like that, was quite a surprise for me and definately leaves it open for the second series, which ofc we all know has aired now.
On contrast, the second series doesn't give a lot of leeway to expand upon, so I dunno how they will manage to stretch things up to a third season without a sort of dissapointment.

Jan 10, 2008 8:59 AM

Jan 2008
Leon-Gun said:
On contrast, the second series doesn't give a lot of leeway to expand upon, so I dunno how they will manage to stretch things up to a third season without a sort of dissapointment.

Yeah, was thinking that myself, about how they might leave series 2 open again for number 3. But ive only watched the first two episodes of the second series so far, so i have yet to see how that plays out...
Jan 10, 2008 5:46 PM
Dec 2007
Rubba_Duck said:
Leon-Gun said:

Yeah, was thinking that myself, about how they might leave series 2 open again for number 3. But ive only watched the first two episodes of the second series so far, so i have yet to see how that plays out...
I guess I won't spoil you too much then, but needless to say, they'd have to pull back from the ending for it to work. What I'm guessing is that they will go for the alternate Answer Chapter from the PS2 game or they will use the Chapters that feature new characters.

Jan 22, 2008 11:26 AM

Dec 2007
Really good show in general, I'm going to watch something funny now to wash all the drama and killing out before I start the second series.

#NBHNC
Feb 28, 2008 10:08 AM

Nov 2007
I was expecting everyone to die, or at least get butchered. This was actually a nice ending, loved the hug :D
Mar 6, 2008 4:28 AM

Jan 2008
that was an awesome ending!
i LOVED it! hehe. XD
can't wait to watch season 2 tomorrow!
i'm so excited. XD
if only i could watch it now,
i'd definitely watch it immediately. XD
heheh. lol. XP
Apr 16, 2008 6:31 AM

Feb 2008
Something really bothers me alot in this episode! That maggots flowing from Rena's neck is just... ewww! I can't stand it at all! My hairs suddenly stood up! Hahaha!

Well, I'm gonna finish Nodame Cantabile first and then watch the latest of the anime I'm currently watching and airing, then start teh Kai.

Well, just a question.. At the end of this chapter, it looks like the time has reset, right? As far as I know, I think that the trigger will be Ooishi, and the first one that has been triggered was Keiichi and at teh end killing Mion and Rena. Then the 2nd is Rena, but fortunately she realized her wrongdoings at the EXACT timeplane and the same world. Now at the end, it is Rika-chama who has been triggered. W/c literally means that she would be the one affected and is going to do some wrong things, and must need to realize her wrong doings in order for her to be forgiven, right? How can she be forgiven by her own self since she is the Shrine God?! Arghh...

Not good for my mind to think so much! Hahaha!

Overall, a really good series. I've enjoyed alot watching it ALL ALONE! 10/10!
Apr 24, 2008 11:41 PM

Mar 2008
No. Way.
Apr 25, 2008 10:40 PM

Feb 2008
Anyways, about my post earlier?, Just watch KAI. Hahahaha! And it will be answered. LOL!
May 26, 2008 4:12 PM

Dec 2007
i have to say it was an awesome series but i am still confuse with alot of thinks that went in this anime, lets see if second series awsers doesn't confuse me more

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jun 3, 2008 8:32 PM
May 2008
They should've kissed instead of hugged :<
Jun 12, 2008 12:19 AM

Sep 2007
Oh my Gawd x.x
What a thrilling ending, and the fight scene was well made. Finally finished a hell of 26 episodes, and I'd have to say, it was a very nice ending.

Not sure if I'm able to hop onto the second season. :D

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Jul 11, 2008 6:33 AM

May 2008
Brilliant..that's the least I can say. And that was some good roof fighting :o Though I really wish they kissed...
I'm giving this anime 10/10. It made me laugh,it made me cry,it managed to entertain me. Very enjoyable to watch alone at night with the lights out and some crickets crying out in my garden! ^^
Nipah~. I'll move on to Kai soon.
Jul 15, 2008 2:28 PM

Jun 2008
Ohhhh!!! I get it!!! This was the solution arc to the first arc!! I'm feel slow ~_~

But that was an awesome episode!!! A good way to end the first season ^__^

Now I really want to see the next one >.<

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 19, 2008 5:56 PM

Jun 2008
Wowww, I loved the ending !
I was expecting, everyone to furgin DIE or something, but yayy, it ended nice. I don't know if I want to watch the second season, I'm so satisfied, what if this feeling is ruined! Hahahaha, time seems to literally be reseting though, doesn't it?

Well, from what I believe. && I endlessly love Rena, <3 I'm so glad, she made it, through. I wanted a kiss there, that would've been perfect, but I'm so oh so satisfied, c:

NIPAHHHH !
Jul 23, 2008 6:21 PM

Jul 2008
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! very very nice ending !!! im with some they shouldve kiss xD LOVE THIS ANIME ITS A MASTERPIECE !!! up to the next season well first dl tho xD uperteway byebye xD

Grtz lsumi o(^^)o
Born to live
Born to die
Born to be, crucified
Give our souls and take our pride
Bleeding for the harder styles
Rising up, from the seed
Born to change, history
From the streets we unleash hell
Feel the power, decibel!! d(^.^)b
Aug 9, 2008 10:07 AM
Apr 2008
That was very good... It's weird that Rika knows that it's repeating over and over, but what a finale... Unfortunately I think the series will probably go back to the start of June so we don't get to see Keiichi acting as Rena's servant :(
lsumi said:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! very very nice ending !!! im with some they shouldve kiss xD

Nah, KeiichixMion much better than KeiichixRena

Aug 18, 2008 1:44 AM

Mar 2008
Wow this series was pure craziness literally lol

One thing in the ending doesnt make scene, why did time reset again? I mean Rena didnt die and no one else of the main characters did either D:
Aug 18, 2008 1:49 AM

Mar 2008
@ traed

Go watch the 2nd season, everything will be explained
Aug 29, 2008 8:14 AM

Apr 2008
craziness at it's best...

My english sucks....i know....
Aug 30, 2008 1:09 PM

May 2008
What an epic battle.
(Yes it was short but it was damn good.)
Also, how heartwarming an end. Even if leaving a little bit unsatisfied feeling and unjust about a few things, it was most certainly most heartwarming. It's only right they make the last one a happy one.

I hope to actually know better about the shrine god's curse in the next series.
For instance, the Keiichi remembering being suspicious of his friends(with plenty reason, I might add) and then dying. And other events that wouldn't normally be explainable as a chain of events. For instance again, dying only to remember it. It seems to be a multiple realms thing. In fact, those books that were given by Shion and Mion's head family seemed to espouse that.

There are still many pieces to put together. So it would be surprising if they didn't have a sequel. I can't wait to see it, too. My explanation is that the shrine god, has created a sort of dimensional pocket, in which he tries to bind the citizens of the town under him, without suspicion. This pocket could be looked at as a star creating gravity, the god's pull on the spiritual world can cause a sort of puddle in the world and spirit world(that which would be the location, hinamizawa), in which these events can happen in sequence. And when Keiichi created a ripple, he was able to remember something from another realm. Even while still being dead in that other realm.

I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Sep 6, 2008 1:33 AM

Aug 2008
Good Ending...
So many questions left to be answered in Hogurashi Kai

Oct 4, 2008 12:09 PM

Nov 2007
Wow

A happy ending? who'd have thunk it
Oct 5, 2008 10:36 PM

Jul 2008
Wow. An unepected turn of events and just when I was starting to think I understood what was gong, time resets again. I thought that since none of the 5 died, that wouldn't happen. Maybe I was right in thinking that it more had to do with their happiness because Rena couldn't be happy since she was going to jail.

Or maybe its that whole taking responsibility for one's actions thing, but that doesn't make much sense either. I hope the next season answers my remaining questions.
Oct 6, 2008 2:00 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, was it just me or did that last part In the ending where you see an empty street (and after that a water mill) remind you of AIR when she meets the father....

back on topic: Meh, i would have suspected Re(i)na to first pretend to cry, then get the hatchet in his head ^-^ that would have been so appropriate for this show :P
~de Arimasu
Oct 10, 2008 4:32 PM

Jun 2008
Smiley26 said:

Nah, KeiichixMion much better than KeiichixRena

No way. D:

Keiichi x Rena FTW! They had more scenes together than Keiichi and Mion did
Oct 20, 2008 6:32 PM

Jun 2008
What a great show. I watched like 25 eps in 3 days then I just stopped and finished it like ~25 days later.

I gave it a 9 because it was so uncomfortable to watch...Nothing like this around and sometimes just other anime just seems pedestrianish...?

Meh, might take me another month to start 2nd one but I hope it ties up everything as I haven't played the games.
Oct 27, 2008 4:40 AM

Nov 2007
hmm nice episode but lame ending. I guess I'll start Kai this afternoon
Oct 29, 2008 10:00 PM

Sep 2008
men this seies is great all of the kiling the love theinsane friendship
it ended quite good whit that naruto like figth
im actually impresed that they somehow linked the last one whit the first 5 chapters....diff dimencion LOL
i`ll waitt a little bit for the second season whit a funny anime to wash over the blood

Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 31, 2008 5:50 PM

Nov 2007
This series was a good choice for Halloween :D (actually, I only watched the last 8 episodes today). Nice end, though it leaves a lot open. Good thing there's the second season to look forward to ^^

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Nov 10, 2008 5:57 PM

Aug 2008
This was the most satisfying ending I'd seen in anime!
I was expecting for Rena-chan to go all psycho and kill everyone... But amazing ending! She realized her wrongs, unlike Keiichi back in Arc 1.
By the way, psycho Raina's still very cute! xD

So... There really were Supernatural aspects to this show!
I added that tag to this entry in my list.
Rika-chan appears to be aware of it too... Very interesting.
Also, after watching this last episode, I decided to rate this anime at a 9, from my previous choice of an 8. This episode is my favorite of season 1, too.

I start season 2 of this tomorow! I have high expectations as well. ^^
Dec 14, 2008 10:44 PM

Jul 2008
This ending was decent, not as good as some of this anime's intense moments. Giving this anime an 8, because the last arc wasn't that strong and I don't understand things, I like to be able to understand things.
Jan 23, 2009 8:55 AM
May 2008
Very interesting with the time resetting... it seems that Shion knew this because of her "I finished it in time" comment in the previous arc. I'm sure there are more times like this one but I can't remember them right off, hopefully next season will be great and answer some questions!!! Well off to watch S2!!!
Dead Account
Please Delete
Feb 2, 2009 1:33 AM

Jul 2008
While an ending like that would usually be lame, this show passed it off really well, and some I loved this arc (and the Shion one) best. Brilliant show! I need a bit of a breather before Kai though.
Feb 2, 2009 1:38 PM

Nov 2008
Cero said:
They should've kissed instead of hugged :<

Index said:
I was expecting everyone to die, or at least get butchered. This was actually a nice ending, loved the hug :D

I totally agreed that. Anyway, I also expected that every dies. The roof fight was just full of epicness, eventho Kei-chan didnt care the wages, which could cost eithers life.

This was second best arc right after Shion's Chapter....Can't wait for Kai :o
Mar 10, 2009 12:23 PM

May 2008
Great end to a great anime, was absolutely amazing. So excited to start up the next season now.
Mar 22, 2009 6:33 AM

Apr 2007
i gave it a four i would've given it a 5 if someone would've told me that i was going to be scarred for life..............

Looking at Rena's neck while she was on the phone :[[[[[[[[[[[

Am i the only one who feels this way ?? ;__;. I cant stop getting the chills,scratching myself or being in disgust with everything I touch/look at

Mar 27, 2009 7:52 AM

Dec 2008
Ehh...Ehh!?!
I really don't understand anything lol.

Mar 28, 2009 10:34 PM

Oct 2007
Um....Good thing season 2 is out....or else I would have to duel someone with a baseball bat.

Lol @ the rooftop fight...
I guess the pepper spray never came in handy.
Mar 28, 2009 10:43 PM

Oct 2008
That was an epic episode. Sure, it didn't really clear up exactly what Oyashiro-sama's Curse was or anything completely, but I'm happy with the results (and there's still one more season). So I'm guessing at this point based on what Rika said that the same month just repeats over and over again. Prophet Rika is pretty creepy, especially with the voice change. It was kinda odd to see the anime end in such a "happy" way, but hey, there're still plenty of mysteries for the second season.
Mar 29, 2009 12:07 AM

May 2008
Excellent! Fantastic! Magnificent!

*standing ovation*
Apr 8, 2009 12:34 PM

Aug 2008
Uhm... still a lot of questions unanswered. I, like many others, expected Rena to go bat-shit crazy, but she pulled through o_O

Cool ending nontheless, I'm thinking a score of 8 or 9.
8½? lol
Apr 13, 2009 10:34 PM

Nov 2007
It has still left me confuzzled.
O_O
Apr 17, 2009 10:40 PM
Apr 2008
The ending itself was a little too simple for Higurashi, but I guess that's why there's more seasons. Also, "love conquers all" complex, yet again. I seriously got enough of the damn complex, but it shows up EVERYWHERE. I honestly just wanted Rena to slam that hatchet into Keiichi's face, but that never happened. Will be looking forward to the next season, which should be finishing up about now...

Overall, 8/10. Ending was just meh. Animation was crappy at times, average at others. Music was nothing special. Character development and story was superb.
Apr 30, 2009 8:30 AM

Jul 2007
It felt like an anticlimax to me. Nothing was really explained and there was no closure/real ending. Was rather disappointed to see that it all began again. I'll probably start watching kai in the next few days and hopefully I can get some answers.
May 1, 2009 7:28 AM

Apr 2009
Damn ... this ep was epic.
Never imagined the voice actor of Nagisa was the same as Rena..
May 1, 2009 9:12 PM
Feb 2009
Loved the rooftop fight.
May 26, 2009 7:39 PM

Feb 2009
Wyvr said:
Wow, was it just me or did that last part In the ending where you see an empty street (and after that a water mill) remind you of AIR when she meets the father....

back on topic: Meh, i would have suspected Re(i)na to first pretend to cry, then get the hatchet in his head ^-^ that would have been so appropriate for this show :P

That's EXACTLY what I was expecting...

Great show, but the last couple of episodes were 100% WTF...

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

211 by CutieAnshin »»
May 25, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xo_cl2 - Jan 19, 2008

206 by Mirorin »»
May 24, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 15, 2008

129 by Mirorin »»
May 22, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

270 by Mirorin »»
May 22, 9:53 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

172 by CutieAnshin »»
May 22, 8:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.