Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha II: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
5Loved it!
56.0%
4Liked it!
21.4%
3It was OK
17.2%
2Disliked it
2.3%
1Hated it
3.2%
Average 4.3
663 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 12, 6:30 AM

Dec 2021
After the mess that was the first part of season 2, both in terms of production and story, Maou Gakuin and Anos VoldiGOAT are back for part two of season two.

In the Mythical Age, Anos Voldigoad, determined to defy the Moon of Creation, encounters the Goddess of Creation, Militia, and begins to forge a connection with her. Fast forward to the present: Anos, who has revealed himself as the Demon King of Tyranny, joins the classes at the Demon King Academy under the guise of a transfer student named Anoshu. While in class, Erdomaid declares the initiation of Grand Demon Lord Training to nurture stronger demon clans, with the first step being swordsmanship training led by Shin.

There's no denying that the first part of season two was, well, a mess. Solely in terms of the story, it was all over the place, whether due to the fast pacing or the fact that, well, you know, season one neatly tied up everything, making this entire second season feel unnecessary. Adding to that, the significant hiatus due to 'covid'—just another way of saying the BTS production wasn't going smoothly. While I appreciate that they took their time and gave the staff barely a year break to work on this, I feel like this should have been two consecutive cours. Both the break in season two part one, and now this one have left me confused about the final goal of this series. The only decent part of this episode was Shin and Lay finally getting that long-awaited rematch, which by the way actually had some good animation. Maybe they did use those couple of months well.. or just put all the budget into the first episode.

As for where this season is headed, I have no clue. But since it's a cash cow for Aniplex, they'll milk it for all it's worth, even if they don't bother making sense of the story.

Apr 12, 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
The return of Anos VoldiGOAT for Part 2 of Season 2...and I'm still not convinced going into Volume 5 of the LN.

The relationship between Anos and the Moon Goddess of Creation Militia, there can only be one immortal, which she has been wishing to see her younger sister for the longest time. At the very least, the 7-year relationship that they shared is one of fondness.

But back to the present age, Anos not being able to go back to the magic academy being exposed, he has to shrink down to his child-like self in order to get back to school. Also, the trainings in school are only going to get more tougher with the Demon Lord drills, thanks to Shin joining the academy to amp the curriculum.

Of course, the relationship between Misa and Lay is stll there, though Shin is the real challenge that he must overcome if he wants to take her hand in marriage. As for Anos, he's still the same powerful being, though being accompanied by Ramon Iver to see the Royalists' plan in action, he will not tolerate any more tyranny within his borders.

How will this season turn out to be, one can only tell.
KANLen09Apr 21, 7:22 PM
Apr 12, 6:42 AM
Oct 2023
That was better
Anos back
Apr 12, 7:09 AM
Jul 2018
Great episode. Shin and Lay's match was good
Anos and Militia's meeting in the past was also excellent.
Waiting for more episodes of the Voldigoat
Apr 12, 7:12 AM
Jan 2023
Reply to removed-user
Great episode. Shin and Lay's match was good
Anos and Militia's meeting in the past was also excellent.
Waiting for more episodes of the Voldigoat
@Gjhuyvk did the new episode feature the new theme songs as well?
Apr 12, 7:14 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to ValarPrime92
@Gjhuyvk did the new episode feature the new theme songs as well?
@ValarPrime92 It only included the opening song. I think the ending will be in the next episode
Apr 12, 7:40 AM
Jan 2021
Demon King is Back!!

Anos and Militia moments are shown beautifully.

Now to the present, The interactions between Anos and his mom are always a delight to watch, they add such a fun dynamic to the series. Finally, seeing Anos fulfill what he said in the first season to wake up Sasha at her house brings a heartwarming scene, especially witnessing her adorable struggle to wake up. Eldemade's announcement of the new transfer student, Anosh, joined the Academy, and Shin's announcement of sword training.

Eldemade's character shows a sense of joy into the series, making it even more enjoyable to watch. The battle between Shin and Lay is shown excellently, adding an intense and gripping element to the storyline.

Although some elements may have been skipped, the adaptation of the first episode is remarkably well-done, far better than the quality of the first episode of season 2 part 1. I hope that they maintain this level of excellence throughout the season.
Apr 12, 8:14 AM

Nov 2011
Oh Anos' mom...it was hard to take her seriously with that personality but she seems like a geninuely nice person. Some of the other character personalities and relationships are how I still remember from the previous season.

Anos' abilities are still a testament of what he's capable of this season.

I'm not sure how to feel about Eldemade's presence in the show yet but he's giving some creepy vibes. Kinda unpredictable with his nature.
Apr 12, 8:54 AM

Oct 2017
The Anos VoldiGOAT is back.
Apr 12, 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
Poor Ramon Iver 😂😂😂
He was ridiculed in both parts
Apr 12, 9:58 AM

Feb 2021
The beginning was interesting, I wonder when exactly that happened (or maybe I'm forgetting stuff again)

14:50 This attack looks so cool.
The OP sounds really cool too!
Really looking forward to seeing more Emilia, I heard she'll get much more screentime this season. Hopefully no delays this time.
Apr 12, 10:17 AM
Aug 2022
I missed watching it live, now I'm sad okay will now go & watch the SUB right away.
Apr 12, 10:48 AM

Jan 2023
A pretty good episode for the return of the former 'misfit', now fully accepted as the real demon king (or is he?).
I liked the fun little teasing of Sasha at the beginning.
Shin as a teacher led to some amusing, but also touching, moments.

Other than that, Anos is as op as he as ever been, maybe a little bit too much: it feels as if something is going to go wrong soon, and he will (maybe) have to fight again to prove himself and protect his friends and loved ones.
We'll see, but in any case can't wait for next week!
Apr 12, 11:07 AM

Dec 2013
Chadnos is back baby! which is easy to forget that he is technically a still a baby. I was hoping this second part would be better than the first half of the second season and thankfully so far it seems to be the case.
KanameYuukiApr 12, 11:26 AM
Apr 12, 11:37 AM
Sep 2015
I don't like character with absolute confidence like Anos, but his 6-years-old version is undeniable.

But seriously, I think at least half of school already know his identity but they just keep quiet because they want their Demon King to be happy, it's also a chance for them to get close to Anos. And who wouldn't want to see 6-years-old Anos walking around?
Apr 12, 11:47 AM
Mar 2020
Right I lost sense of what's happening and why happening.... Second season is kind of weird.
Apr 12, 1:20 PM

Feb 2019
Solid first episode of Maou Gakuin S2 Part 2. Looks like we’re getting some interesting new lore with the gods in this cour. Hopefully it’s not as dense as last cour which was hard to follow along with at times.

Anos turning into a lil kid and using a new name with Anos in it to go to school and everyone acting like they don’t know who he is got me crying. Anime version of superman glasses 😭

Thought Ray fighting shin for the right to date Misa was hilarious. Shin is such a doting and overprotective dad and after the time travel arc from last season you totally understand why. So cute that he’s worried about what Leno would think if she were alive.

Anos literally blowing away dude’s flames at the end was great too, his aura is insane… but again, doesn’t look like the CGI will be good this cour lmao. wtf was that dragon scene?? Looked like a PS1 cut scene…

But lore and story wise, excited for where this season goes
Marinate1016Apr 12, 4:02 PM
Apr 12, 2:39 PM
Feb 2022
well as usual , they be skipping lot from novel

I have lost hope for this anime, It was a miracle to even get s2
Apr 12, 2:41 PM
Feb 2022
Reply to Marinate1016
Solid first episode of Maou Gakuin S2 Part 2. Looks like we’re getting some interesting new lore with the gods in this cour. Hopefully it’s not as dense as last cour which was hard to follow along with at times.

Anos turning into a lil kid and using a new name with Anos in it to go to school and everyone acting like they don’t know who he is got me crying. Anime version of superman glasses 😭

Thought Ray fighting shin for the right to date Misa was hilarious. Shin is such a doting and overprotective dad and after the time travel arc from last season you totally understand why. So cute that he’s worried about what Leno would think if she were alive.

Anos literally blowing away dude’s flames at the end was great too, his aura is insane… but again, doesn’t look like the CGI will be good this cour lmao. wtf was that dragon scene?? Looked like a PS1 cut scene…

But lore and story wise, excited for where this season goes

they can't tell because it's not difference of just appearance , it's different in source
Apr 12, 3:42 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Thanks to the first half of Season 2 having those delays it doesn’t really feel like it’s been that long, but I’m glad to be back watching Anos doing Anos things once again lol. I didn’t realize people didn’t like the first half of Season 2 but that seems to be the consensus in this thread, I liked it myself despite it being a bit confusing at the beginning and also being delayed, but I do think this was a better start than the first half since it felt better paced. We opened up with that Militia stuff and I’m not quite sure what’s up with her but I’m intrigued, also I’m not sure if we were supposed to know who her sister is lol, if not maybe we’ll find out or I’m just dumb.

But back in the real world things are bit different with Anos being the actual demon king now, he’s even scooping up Sasha from her bed lol, very nice to include that in this first episode as Sasha and Misha are probably my favorite things about this series. And we also got the return of Anoshu Polticoal, grade A disguise lol, and not only that but Shin is a teacher now, his exchanging of words with Lay with swords was amusing as well. And Anos ended up meeting a guy who’s part of a group of assholes, and after waxing him he somehow got invited to their lair to meet the leader, bunch of goofs honestly lol, and of course things went badly for them after Anos forced them all to experience being killed by him every second, that shit is metal af, I think most would submit after being forced to go through that.

And at the end we got some stuff with Emilia, it is surprising seeing how she’s still relevant after it initially seemed like she was just another villain that got punished for her dirty deeds, and it looks like she might be more relevant this season giving how she’s in the key visual, I’m looking forward to seeing her being a teacher at the human academy. And no OP or ED yet, they’ve all been bangers so far so I hope they can do it again this time.
Apr 12, 4:17 PM
Oct 2016
Anos is back again and now since he's established as the rightful demon King of tyranny all is right with the world. Well not quite, even with Anos on his throne where he belongs there's still things to attend to. Naturally there would still be some pure blooded demons that would want to overthrow Anos. The end scene with him obliterating that dragon in front of those royalists was awesome. I love anytime that Anos can flex on fools and show them how strong he really is. The idea of him pretending to be this six year old child prodigy so he can still go to school is great. Anos can't just sit around doing demon king stuff all day he has to keep an ear to the ground about what the up and coming demons are doing. They've got a crazy new curriculum in the school now with Shin teaching sword fighting. Anos talking to this moon goddess of creation af the beginning of the episode is interesting. I'm excited to see where this cour goes now that Anos is back on top.
Apr 12, 4:45 PM
Aug 2020
Finally back !!!

Anosssssss
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 12, 5:12 PM

Sep 2020
Part two is off to a very good start!
I need more and more Sasha and Misha scenes.
Apr 12, 5:17 PM

Apr 2021
This was a great start, I’m excited, with an awesome sword discussion, then sending the ex-teacher yo the human academy at the end, that was good.

The first season was fine, people taking tings too seriously need to grow up.
ejleonApr 12, 5:21 PM
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 12, 5:19 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to IzanaSolos
After the mess that was the first part of season 2, both in terms of production and story, Maou Gakuin and Anos VoldiGOAT are back for part two of season two.

In the Mythical Age, Anos Voldigoad, determined to defy the Moon of Creation, encounters the Goddess of Creation, Militia, and begins to forge a connection with her. Fast forward to the present: Anos, who has revealed himself as the Demon King of Tyranny, joins the classes at the Demon King Academy under the guise of a transfer student named Anoshu. While in class, Erdomaid declares the initiation of Grand Demon Lord Training to nurture stronger demon clans, with the first step being swordsmanship training led by Shin.

There's no denying that the first part of season two was, well, a mess. Solely in terms of the story, it was all over the place, whether due to the fast pacing or the fact that, well, you know, season one neatly tied up everything, making this entire second season feel unnecessary. Adding to that, the significant hiatus due to 'covid'—just another way of saying the BTS production wasn't going smoothly. While I appreciate that they took their time and gave the staff barely a year break to work on this, I feel like this should have been two consecutive cours. Both the break in season two part one, and now this one have left me confused about the final goal of this series. The only decent part of this episode was Shin and Lay finally getting that long-awaited rematch, which by the way actually had some good animation. Maybe they did use those couple of months well.. or just put all the budget into the first episode.

As for where this season is headed, I have no clue. But since it's a cash cow for Aniplex, they'll milk it for all it's worth, even if they don't bother making sense of the story.
@IzanaSolos your the worst kind of critic, someone in love with their opinion
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 12, 5:29 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Nice, Aoi Yuuki kuudere form under those cute goddess of creation character, Militia. Idk why those beginning conversation with Anos was so ticklingly funny. Anos rizzing hard there just to get up Militia mood to converse, especially since he's making a good deal with her little sister demand, and its also nice at the end to know they held such a good relationship there even though something still missing regarding her little sister, their end bargain, and many more.

Well before going into detail, they go back to the daily life of our misfit demon king of tyranny, Anos;
More mama screentime, more squee. Ah yes more rizzin Anos time, Sasha became the target there. Anoshu back again to going into their school, now, damn you Anos, so brilliant idea xd. Shin as a practical teacher, Reno a housewife? Lay can't stop doing icha-icha and need Shin himself to stop the former hero to be so bold kekw. Royalist issue easily blown up by Polticoal. Cg dragon, smh Silverlink, why?!! And for last but not least, Emilia have a task from Anos as a human transfer teacher? Wish her good luck, atone your racism, and let's see the next episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 12, 5:55 PM

Feb 2019
i wonder who militia's sister is. anos obviously knows coz he delivered her letter to militia. but things are looking interesting, especially now that shin's an instructor at the academy and anos is disguised as anoshu polticoal lol
Apr 12, 6:57 PM

Feb 2015
I completely forgot basically everything that happened in part 1 but this seems like a great start. Looking forward to it.
Apr 13, 12:17 AM
Oct 2023
season 2 part 1 or something else?
Apr 13, 12:25 AM

Mar 2007
Well, all my hard work to binge S1 and S2P1 have finally paid off now that I can watch Anos VoldiGOAT do more OP GOAT stuff.

Everything was fine until that weird CGI dragon, which seems like an anime staple these days. That was just not great to be honest.

One thing Anos does well is try to rehabilitate those he's beaten, like the cultists and that racist teacher.
Apr 13, 4:18 AM

Oct 2008
Reply to MegamiRem
The Anos VoldiGOAT is back.
@MegamiRem Anus is not goat as long as Yogiri exist,... you have to think twice...lolz

Apr 13, 4:45 AM

Jul 2022
Finally, the one and only legitimate Demon King of all anime has returned. Anos continues to show who's the GOAT and is finally recognized as the Demon King. Not much has changed—Anos still teases Sasha, although now Shin is a teacher, and that might cause Lay some trouble. Shin is like any father when he sees his daughter's boyfriend making advances.
Apr 13, 5:49 AM
Sep 2021
Lot of lore, plot is getting bigger now. Nice reintroduction episode to series & nice references to 1st & the 2nd season part1.
Apr 13, 8:24 AM

May 2021
lmao Shin "dad" Reglia acting like protective daddy eh xDD
If you choose to do only what you know, you'll never experience the joy of being able to do something you couldn't before.
Apr 13, 12:28 PM

Mar 2019
The name of this anime is longer than a verse in the Bible haha. 😅
Apr 13, 12:51 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to Jonas-K
The name of this anime is longer than a verse in the Bible haha. 😅
@Jonas-
My friend, there are like 10 light novel adaptations that want to argue for them to be top dog in title length. Most of them villainess ones.😢
Apr 13, 2:07 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Well all I can say it’s better than whatever part one was of season 2. Can’t say it was that much better, but we are only one episode in so let’s see how it goes.
Apr 13, 3:56 PM
Oct 2022
I did not quite watch the first two seasons of this anime, but I’ve seen the first episode of “The Misfit of Demon King Academy II Part 2” and it was amazing. Anos Voldigoad is showing extreme power as being a Demon King and has a lot of influence among other demons. The Goddess of Creation (Militia) is kinda cute too, let’s see how the story will develop after those two seasons, I feel like it is going to be magnificent.
Apr 13, 9:43 PM
Apr 2023
Another loli voiced by the ever cute Yuuki Aoi? Me likey 🥰
I'm ready for another run of convoluted world rules. It always kind of confusing but the world mechanics of this series is really interesting.
Apr 13, 10:59 PM
Dec 2022
This has been like a long time. Wonder when we will see Part 2 of the season 2.
Apr 13, 11:53 PM

Dec 2018
Pacing seemed off, but I did like it. Not sure what to think of Emilia just yet.
Apr 14, 1:27 AM

Mar 2017
Pacing kinda off but I still liked it. Honestly I just want to see more of this series lol.
Apr 14, 2:23 AM

Feb 2018
Anos has returned to shota to be able to be in school again lmao. Interesting that he also had a spell that can hear out the "sword conversations" lol. Shin really be like the cliché father now too xd

Never ending plan to watch list...

Apr 14, 2:40 AM
Feb 2022
The return of one of the Goat demon lords of all time anos voldigoat is back and I pray with a better story in this cour
Apr 14, 2:45 AM

Jul 2015
Great start.We first see Anos meeting Militia in the mythic age.We also come to know about the existence of her sister from whom Anos brought a letter to her.

Anos disguise himself as Anosh and enters the Royal Academy.Shin Lay scene was pretty funny.

And still some of the Royalists is trying to create a heinous conspiracy against Anos.But as usual Anos shows who is the boss and defeats them and makes them change their way.Someone is the mastermind in the shadows who supplied them with Dragons.

Also in the final scene we see Emilia.Anos is sending her to the Hero Academy in the Human Kingdom to become a professor there.Seems like it is the start of her redemption journey.All in all a pretty great episode.

Apr 14, 3:49 AM

May 2021
I forgot he was six months old. Dude's Asian fr.

Apr 14, 7:16 AM
Jun 2007
Heh hes back in academy as six year old kid.
Apr 17, 10:16 AM
Jan 2020
Could someone tell me why they changed the voice actor? His voice was perfect for Anos, this nee voice actor isn’t bad, but the previous one had that undertone of cockiness and arrogance that was perfect for the Demon King of Tyranny
Apr 17, 7:12 PM

Nov 2009
LOL, this "maou in school" is getting more crazy by the minute...

a SIX year old Anos

Shin becoming a new instructor

old 2000 years ago demons becoming new instructors

and training to become Demon Kings... cause the Demon king needs ene-oops-rivals

And Shin being the "father" that interrupts his daughter getting "hit on" LOL

Hmm... I guess Anos is going to be "re-educating" all the "enemies" from past seasons... lol
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 22, 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
Anousho great ☠️, a beautiful episode with good production, especially the fight between Shin and Lay
A promising start
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha II: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

33 by tekkenshu7 »»
42 minutes ago

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha II: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17

36 by badabass »»
May 24, 7:18 PM

» Episode 7 Delayed

KANLen09 - May 19

10 by jas-samaaa »»
May 24, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha II: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10

38 by badabass »»
May 24, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha II: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - May 3

40 by badabass »»
May 24, 8:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.