3It was OK
9.0%
2Disliked it
2.0%
1Hated it
2.3%
Average 4.4
3,726 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, Taeshik really is something...psychotic and has a lot of ego. Almost like the opposite of Jin, but no pushover at all.

It's kinda interesting how some of the most dangerous beings in this show are not the monsters but humans. Jin did eventually step in to challenge him so this turned into somewhat of a character showdown. A lot of attitude this episode but I think it's also the music that made this episode that much intense.
Mar 9, 7:28 AM

May 2020
I mean at this point he looks like a whole new person anyways, so stop getting surprised every next second lol. By the way, goblins in anime being fodder for leveling up would never stop being hilarious to me. Though this dungeon raid, which was the reunion of the survivors of that tragedy, was a red flag from the start, but getting to know why those prisoners were brought there to begin with just confirmed the obvious…

… I mean that spiky dude being a hitman, who’s a freak in himself, who just wanted to kill those prisoners for fun brought those people along with him under a facade of clearing a dungeon. This man really is the lowest of the low, I mean after killing pretty much everyone except Jinwoo’s group, he still wanted to get rid of the rest of the bunch, just so the word about him doesn’t go out.

Been a long time, but I remember this part well enough. This was the first instance when someone other than Jinwoo himself got to know about his awakened powers. And man, what a contest it was between the two. Studio has done a good job with fight choreographies till now, and they did excellent with this episode too. Just Jinwoo’s aura, and that's all it took to get done with Taeshik.

The sequence of people showing pikachu faces over Jinwoo’s powers have started now, and man this will go for a very loooooooooong time lol. Another good episode.

Dec 2021
A-1 just keeps getting better somehow.

During the raid organized by the Hunter's Association, Jinwoo reunites with Song Chiyul, Lee Joohee, Kim Sangshik, and Kang Jeongho, survivors of the Double Dungeon. They join Kang Taeshik and others from the Surveillance Team to explore the D-rank dungeon. Jinwoo, Song, and Lee split up to investigate separate paths, but they are startled by Kim's scream from a different route. Hurrying to Kim's location, they arrive too late.

It's great seeing the Double Dungeon crew back together, but the focus at least first part of the episode is on Chiyul this time. He's fighting monsters and even going up against Taeshik with just one arm. Joohee's dealing with some serious trauma too. The episode doesn't hold back on the blood and gore, but it's well done. Sangshik's death hits hard, and the animation is top-notch. One thing I wish they'd change is the characters' eye colors. Despite that, it's an awesome episode overall. Taeshik's death scene is powerful, and Joohee looks stunning at the end. Can't wait for the next one.

Jinwoo can't hide forever. Even though Chiyul took the hit this time, it's clear that he's now an assassin lurking in the shadows.

Jan 2021
Sung Jin-woo vs Kang Taeshik was incredibly cool, a battle of the speed assassins.
The fight choreographies and the music was so good.
Watching Song Chi-Yul, who only had one arm, fight with a sword was truly beautiful. He was a master swordsman, as shown by him training a S-rank in the previous episode.
I feel sorry for Lee Joohee and Song Chi-Yul, they had just reunited before experiencing another incident, and Kim Sangshik's death was unfortunate.
YuyuichiMar 9, 6:09 PM
Mar 9, 8:17 AM
Aug 2022
The Battle was on another πŸ’«.

Mar 9, 8:50 AM

Oct 2022
Damn savourable episode. really.. to see it animated had a different effect as expected, it was spectacular, it receives my highest acclaim. Both holding an equal amount of power.. at first. but soon the tables turned in favour to Sung due to his enigmatic system, and other peculiar skills. Truly, the fight b/w Taeshik and Sung was possibly the beginning of the end, BUT! NO SPOILERS (tho you guys already knows XD). A legendary battle of assassins. I can't help but gloss over it Kyuuuu~ I really love series like this.
"All things, be they divine or mortal, find their ultimate end. 
                      It is not a harsh punishment, but a merciful pardon."

Mar 9, 9:09 AM

Feb 2021
Wtfffff didn't expect Kang to be someone like this. Damn man. Rip Kim, I feel really bad about his family. (And also for Jungho, no one is talking about him even though he was killed too lol)
These blue eyes looks cool as hell.
Oh hey, the crystal from the first episode. Joohee looks really beautiful here.

I said that I hope no one dies this time last week? Yeeaaahhhhhhh.
Amaing episode, the fight looked really damn good. It was like two monsters fighting each other.
EmbientMar 9, 9:15 AM
Mar 9, 9:23 AM
Sep 2015
Pacifist route is not available in Solo Leveling after all.
Mar 9, 9:28 AM
Feb 2022
some people deliberately vote 1 star on purpose wtf
Mar 9, 9:32 AM
Jan 2015
Jin-Woo looked kinda stupid with the hoodie on at the end xd
Mar 9, 9:35 AM

Jan 2009
when fighting monsters be careful of becoming a monster too jinwoo

jinwoo has a new ability called stealth now

also joohee best girl
Mar 9, 9:46 AM

Jan 2018
Shit got real once again. Damn.

This Taeshik guy was a real asshole. He didn't have to kill those 2 people. But I guess these types of evil and greedy hunters wouldn't be rare in that world.

It's a shame that Kim and his friend died like that. Wish they lived to see Jinwoo being a badass...

It's cool that Song covered for Sung. That's the least he could've done to help someone who saved his life.

Also, I'm noticing that they basically take anything for the report without investigating. Probably not their fault tho.

I like how Jinwoo is losing his humanity as he's getting stronger. Reminds me of Parasyte the Maxim. Fight scenes are cool and all but it's these types of conflicts that really intrigue me. I hope the show will keep acknowledging this.
Mar 9, 9:51 AM

Mar 2013
That tragedy finally ended with a sour taste.
Two of the supporting characters died in a single episode.

Joo-Hee still the best girl.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 9, 9:54 AM
May 2021
Sung Jin-Woo going demon mode thats what we like to see. Only gonna get stronger 😈
Mar 9, 9:55 AM
Jul 2023
Que episódio satisfatório, PQP
Mar 9, 9:56 AM

Jul 2022
that noob think he can beat mc? smh very ez kill ggwp
Mar 9, 10:14 AM
Dec 2016
Really disappointing… they just talk and talk and talk… at this pace they need more than 100 episode for the story… feels like the producer doesn’t unterstand the medium and try to re-create the manhwa word by word - this was ok for the beginning but now it’s almost over and nothing really happen - they should shorten this a lot and if someone is interested they can read the original.

i mean i get it, he is special and badass but it is needed to focus on this in every episode ? maybe i’m just to old for „omg he can do this?“ and all that bullshit, just feels like a story for kids :/
Mar 9, 10:16 AM
Apr 2022
Jinwoo beats the shit out of that psychopath is the constant hit of adrenalin!!

A-1 picture's animation amazes me again (and they will keep doing that, I believe so)
S2P_cinephileMar 9, 10:19 AM
Mar 9, 10:17 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
And the next crazy person gets killed. Good job, great episode!
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Mar 9, 10:28 AM
Oct 2016
I found Kang to be much more interesting this episode than Jinwoo. I was actually totally on board with Kang killing those prisoners, they assaulted a girl effectively destroy her family but get out after only a few years. That's pathetic and they deserved to be tortured and killed mercilessly. The two hunters that Kang killed were the same ones that abandoned Jinwoo in the first dungeon so their deaths and tortures were deserved too, I have no qualms with that either. Kang started to go off the rails at the end however in the name of covering things up it makes sense. The fight between Jinwoo and Kang started off looking rough but once Mr power fantasy got his random new skill and his get out of jail free card full recovery the animation turned up and things looked good. Honestly I'm getting tired of people noticing the obvious physical change to Jinwoo but not putting together that's he's hiding his strength. This story is leaning way way way way way too heavily into the he's super dark and mysterious and no one knows how strong he really can be trope.

Apr 2022
I really really don't get the high praise this anime gets. Sure the fights are usually fun and animation is pretty good, but the plot sucks and everything else is just painfully average at best...
Feb 2023
Okay the episode was phenomenal and animation stepped up more here than any other episode.

However now I will actually say this after 9 episodes, the pacing? It’s so horrendous. I amnot even kidding. The pacing of this show is just whiplash city. Should it be fast? Should it be slow? I don’t know but this went so fast like I felt something is missing or it felt like scenes were just mixed together. I really dislike the pacing. The premise is great, the story is getting interesting, but the side characters and pacing is just a big ?.

This series is getting way too much hate that I can literally slide it.
Mar 9, 10:29 AM
Oct 2016
Reply to Embient
Wtfffff didn't expect Kang to be someone like this. Damn man. Rip Kim, I feel really bad about his family. (And also for Jungho, no one is talking about him even though he was killed too lol)
These blue eyes looks cool as hell.
Oh hey, the crystal from the first episode. Joohee looks really beautiful here.

I said that I hope no one dies this time last week? Yeeaaahhhhhhh.
Amaing episode, the fight looked really damn good. It was like two monsters fighting each other.
@Embient They abandoned Jinwoo, I'm glad they're gone
Mar 9, 10:31 AM

Jul 2012
I thought we'd see Jinwoo solo the boss for this dungeon after he opened those doors, but I suppose ending it with Taeshik is better since he was the main antagonist of this dungeon. Less is more.
Mar 9, 10:37 AM

Jul 2017
Song Chiyul's survival group together once again in the dungeon, this time is different as 3 different paths are set to find the boss room. With Taeshik being given a reward to deal with criminals of someone who've had his family broken, he took care of the criminals quick, but also Jeongho and Sangshik, who planned to apologize for their abandonment the last time, but had to make do with their untimely deaths. And Chiyul facing against Taeshik, Jinwoo knows that he's not as simple to be dealt with.

The assassin Gunter vs. the false reawakened Hunter, facing a psychotic person like Taeshik, Jinwoo knowing that he's evenly matched, but that he has the system's emergency quest activating to his benefit, as well as the system's granting of his special abilities. That enabled him to clear the dungeon in record time, and the report to fellow investigator Woo Jinchul about his killing from both Chiyul and Joohee, things are not going the easy way from here on out.

Jinwoo has attitude, though how long will his power be kept a secret?
Mar 9, 10:39 AM
Jan 2009
Great episode! Too bad about Jinwoo losing another emotion. It's almost like they want to change him into a killing machine.
Mar 9, 10:43 AM
Feb 2024
I’m really glad they included the part at the beginning where Mr. Song talks with Mr. Kim and says that he was going to apologize no matter what. If they had opted to leave that out I feel like the apology Kim offered with his dying breath wouldn’t have been worth as much, just the ramblings of a dying man. Knowing that he was sincere and meant it and thought about it beforehand, and that he simply WANTED to, even though he wouldn’t be forgiven, that makes the apology that much more beautiful in my opinion. Granted, Song was the one that started the conversation, but seeing Kim clinging to that while he died just made it more powerful

“I find people a WHOLE lot more fun to kill than beasts!” Watching Jinwoo fight him was so incredibly satisfying, the animation was even better than I could have hoped for with this scene!! Especially when he nicked Taeshik with the dagger! I really loved that. Jinwoo acknowledging that another one of his emotions disappeared was chilling, this episode really was amazing!
“You’ll probably get as strong as those places are dark…. You’d better watch yourself, though. If you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss… gazes also into you.” That warning paired with Jinwoo feeling like he was losing more of himself the stronger he got- I’m really enjoying how well they’re portraying all of it!
Mar 9, 10:49 AM
Sep 2023
Still waiting for the Red KnightπŸ›. BTW. R.I.P the author of Dragonball πŸ˜’πŸ’“
Mar 9, 10:55 AM

Aug 2013
so good, l'm so happy to have kusirya/frieren/solo leveling airing together
Mar 9, 11:06 AM
Jan 2021
Wow, a date with Joo-hee! πŸ˜„ I hope Sung doesn't mess this up. Also, considering he defeated an A-rank beast like Cerberus and now a high-B rank hunter, Sung himself is now an A-rank. So, Joo-Jinchul might be a high-A ranker. Can't wait for Sung to reach the S-rank! (although it's not happening this season πŸ˜•)
Mar 9, 11:08 AM
Jun 2023
XiongYifan said:
some people deliberately vote 1 star on purpose wtf

haters always hate because this adaptation is making solo leveling even better, jealousy kills people .
Mar 9, 11:09 AM
Jun 2023
just the best episodes, i really like this episode sooooo much.
Mar 9, 11:11 AM

Dec 2022
well that was some good fighting especially sung jin woo "Murderous intent" was very chilling anyway this confirms he is currently a rank
Mar 9, 11:12 AM
Jan 2024
I just watched frieren eps 26 and then watched this, the action feels boring when compared with frieren haha, even though frieren is not an action genre.
Mar 9, 11:15 AM
Jun 2023
Nadeshikorinsan said:
I just watched frieren eps 26 and then watched this, the action feels boring when compared with frieren haha, even though frieren is not an action genre.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, boring??? i don't get you bro.
high school dxd is better then your ferner, what not.even tho that was an icchi , harem anime.🀭🀭
Mar 9, 11:19 AM

Jul 2017
wish they showed what sung jin woo did to the prisoner after defeating the purple hair dude
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Jul 2015
Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit.

Since Jin has infinite potential, he will keep growing in power endlessly and eventually might even reach godhood. But since with great power comes great responsibility, it might come at the cost of his very humanity.

Mar 9, 11:21 AM
Jan 2017
muito foda meteu uma de satoro gojo e meteu o cara logo em outra dimensão
Mar 9, 11:28 AM

Feb 2019
Jinwoo Aura mentioned officially in the anime βœ…

Jinwoo gets his first high rank human killβœ…

Another really good Solo Levelling episode. Honestly, Kang really didn’t do anything wrong until he threatened my baby Joohee. At that point, he had to go lol. Killing the prisoners I was ok with because they raped a girl and got off light for it, and they clearly weren’t remorseful. The two adventurers he killed had abandoned the party in the first dungeon so didn’t care about them either. But trying to kill the old dude and Joohee to leave no witnesses was too far 🀷🏾‍♂️

Fight between he and Jinwoo started out a little subpar compared to A-1’s usual standards. Lot of speed lines and some meh frames, but once Jinwoo started powering up it got a lot better.

So if Kang is a B rank, albeit one of the very best and gave Jinwoo a little trouble, I wonder what a fight against an A rank like Jinchul would be like..

“The stronger I get, the more I feel something inside of me falling apart” I think this’ll be one of the most interesting things in the series. Just how much will he change from who he started out as. From what I’ve heard he’s gonna get magnitudes stronger, he’s already so different in terms of personality. Much more detached and cold. What’ll be left at the end?

What’s that Joohee holding onto at the end of the episode??
Marinate1016Mar 9, 11:59 AM
Mar 9, 11:32 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to _otaku_man00
Nadeshikorinsan said:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, boring??? i don't get you bro.
high school dxd is better then your ferner, what not.even tho that was an icchi , harem anime.🀭🀭
@_otaku_man00 do you already watch frieren eps 26 ?
if not yet , skip other episodenya and watch it , compare it with solo leveling eps 9 and comeback here.
Mar 9, 11:40 AM

Nov 2013
was fun to see some of the charas from older episodes, and many of them wanted to apologise to mc for leaving in the other episode, tho i'm sure their decision wasn't wrong

the father wanting the 3 bad guys to die was also not wrong i guess
the assassin wanting to kill everyone else ( and not just the 3), and specially, for making them suffer as much as possible... he really was a piece of shit huh lol
i thought mc was gonna beat him earlier, but he let the older guy fight first, it was also a nice effort from him and the healer girl

after the old guy lost tho, mc stepped in and system forced him to kill, was an interesting action scene

lastly, was nice of the older guy to cover for mc, since he knows mc wants to keep his strengh hidden
but that doesn't change the fact that anyone else can notice how much different and more confident he is now compared to before his revival lol
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 9, 11:40 AM
Apr 2023
damn holy mother what an episode that was πŸ—ΏπŸ’₯
Mar 9, 11:41 AM
May 2020
just disappointing
Mar 9, 11:43 AM
Jun 2023
Nadeshikorinsan said:
if not yet , skip other episodenya and watch it , compare it with solo leveling eps 9 and comeback here.

say the same thing after you watch SL S 26th episode.then I will do the same.you got that.
Mar 9, 11:52 AM

May 2016
This finished sooner than I thought it would, though it was really good.
Mar 9, 12:02 PM
Jan 2024
Reply to Nadeshikorinsan
@Nadeshikorinsan
I will bro, I not drop this show yet.
Just say its boring if compared with latest eps frieren.
You see the battle is just like people running around , bumping , crashing and then light appears, main character using skill, suddenly a knife stuck into the enemy's chest.
Mar 9, 12:03 PM

Jun 2023
Episode 11 is going to make Solo Leveling readers berserk.

Can’t wait for that singular word.
Mar 9, 12:06 PM

May 2015
Nice fighto! Keep going!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 9, 12:08 PM

Sep 2014
Im starting to really like this show. MC beeing aware of becoming a colder person by getting stronger is interesting.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 9, 12:11 PM

Jun 2023
Great episode, great fight again!
In a different Dongeon, with the people from episode 1. Nice to see Joohee is there too.
And that Tae-Shik with the prisoners, he's a bit of a clichéd antagonist but that was kind of clear beforehand.
Well, Jin-Wo defeats him in an epic fight and becomes stronger again.
Even though the two seemed equally strong at first, Jin-Wo became again on a different level during the kill quest.
He's also becoming more of a monster himself.
And nice to see that he can still hide his true strength, I really like that.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Thoughts on this as a Webtoon fan?

Fukoku - Mar 24

34 by xZabuzax »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

166 by Gator »»
Yesterday, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

388 by rmdom07 »»
May 27, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2

279 by Gator »»
May 27, 7:57 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

261 by Gator »»
May 27, 7:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.