3It was OK
5.3%
2Disliked it
2.6%
1Hated it
2.2%
Average 4.5
882 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 5, 2023 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
Man, the amount of emotions this episode reached epic levels.

First, obviously there's Takemichi who refuses to go down. Then, there's Mickey who made his presence known. Izana is still the most ruthless among this arc, as he holds an intimidating presence as a leader. These final epsiodes should be pretty damn exciting where the direction it's going.
Dec 5, 2023 7:28 AM

May 2020
These bunch of guys have practically committed every wrong deed there in the dictionary for their age, the “vicious generation” especially, but still have the nerve to term whatever they been doing right now as child’s play lol. You don’t use real guns and shoot someone’s foot in the local middle school backyard brawl, I mean after all.

Now Takemitchi does say, he lacks the charisma of Mikey and power of x or y, but isn’t his, “I wOn’T gIVe uP, eVEn iF i dIe” which eventually led Kisaki to back off and heck even somehow fuelled the toman guys with a newfound motivation, a kind of charisma too???? Or is it an insanely polished form of talk no jutsu… the likes which we never saw before????

I’m at a loss of words at this point. It makes absolutely zero sense how Takemitchi could manage to stand his ground against Izana, while having a hole in his foot. So just leaving it be, I mean it was quite obvious Mikey and Draken would make their return, but the reason being…

… absolutely hilarious. HOW COULD PEOPLE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND BELIEVE A STORY ABOUT A GUY WHO COULD TIME LEAP lmaooooo. And the fun thing is they returned precisely becasue they're believing this story. Now just wait for Mikey to solo everyone, starting with his "bIg bROtheR" Izana lol.
Dec 5, 2023 7:28 AM

Dec 2021
It's hard to imagine anyone speaking the way Takemichi did with a gun pointed at their head.

The war situation, which had initially shown signs of improvement with Angry's resurgence, took a turn for the worse as Kakucho, the foremost among the Four Heavenly Kings of Tenjiku, once again asserted dominance. Despite the immediate incapacitation of key members of the Tokyo Manji Gang, Takemichi stood resolute in the face of Kakucho's relentless assault. Witnessing this, Chifuyu, unable to bear the spectacle, attempted to intervene. However, Takemichi, unwavering, refused to yield. Instead, he boldly confronted Kakucho, a childhood friend. As tension escalated, Kisaki materialized behind him, aiming the muzzle of a gun at Takemichi's forehead. Yet, Takemichi met Kisaki's gaze head-on, exhibiting unwavering resolve and making no discernible movement.

Yeah, he's experienced too much loss to care about getting beaten up or shot. Moreover, being the only adult there, he adopts a more mature mindset. The highlight of the episode was definitely Takemichi finally landing a punch on that troublesome individual. You all can't comprehend how brilliantly Takemichi and Mikey's parallels are; it's a prime example of two outstanding characters mirroring each other. When I saw Draken, I couldn't help but jump and cheer—such an exhilarating moment. The reaction on Takemichi's face when Hina informed Draken and Kenchin, though; I can't wipe this huge smile off my face.

Mikey boutta fuck some shit up man.

Dec 5, 2023 10:58 AM
Sep 2015
This is easily the best Tokyo Revengers episode yet. I've absolutely nothing to complain about. And I'm pretty sure other people will praise this episode in every aspect that I love so I don't even have to waste my time typing it by myself!
Dec 5, 2023 10:59 AM

Feb 2019
“Kisaki, what’re you doing this is just a kid’s fight” lmaooo alright man Kaku says this after nearly beating Takemichi to death and giving him brain damage 💀 not to mention the other fights in the background where mfs on near death. That at least shows that he’s not completely brainwashed by Izana and Tenjiku though. There is definitely some of that childhood friend that Takemichi grew up with still left in there.

That aside, rest of the episode was fire, I think the best Tokyo Revengers episode ever tbh. Takemichi punching the shit out of that loser Kisaki was so satisfying. Been waiting on that for ages. He’s so soft when he doesn’t have a gun or goons to do his bidding for him.

Mad respect to Takemichi for standing up to Izana as well. Even if he can’t fight, his tenacity and determination hit as hard as any punch. Can motivate an entire group of people just by refusing to quit. Even Izana was shaken and taken back to Shinichiro’s speech. Funny how both Izana and Mikey see so much of their older brother in Takemichi

Speaking of Mikey, what an entrance. Didn’t even have to say a word, his presence was just felt. Damn didn’t expect Hina to be the one to tell Drakken and Mikey about Takemichi’s secret lmao. But I guess there was no other way to get Mikey out of that slump. Kisaki’s plan to demoralise them would’ve been a success had Takemichi not accidentally told Hina who in turn told the others, thus changing the future. I wonder how that’ll work out going forward now that they know everything Takemichi does is for their own best interests

“Do you need a handicap” 😭 nah man that scene was fire. Bro said 200 is an insult, he wants 20,000. Then Izana says fuck it I’ll do it myself.. great ending. Very hype for next week.

I usually rag on this show, but I’ll always give credit where it’s due, this was a really good episode from start to finish
Marinate1016Dec 5, 2023 11:14 AM
Dec 5, 2023 11:02 AM
May 2021
This arc in the manga was acc peak bring me back 😭😭🤧
Dec 5, 2023 11:30 AM
Aug 2023
Takemichi’s best episode yet! Mikey & Draken finding out everything he has been through, the people he has tried to save; damn! 🥺🥺😢😢 (I’m not crying, you’re crying. Shut up.)

Takemichi can’t throw hands to save his life, but he is a real one man, all across the board!

Mikey & Draken are just on another level. How can the balance in power and momentum just turn on a dime with their presence. And Mikey’s entrance too cold 😎.

Kisaki still the biggest bitch around. How are you the only one with a gun and you still have no power or presence, absolute fraud!!
Ugly11Dec 5, 2023 3:25 PM
Dec 5, 2023 11:31 AM

May 2020
another amazing episode this week
but fucking hell the cliff hanger each week is killing me

Dec 5, 2023 11:50 AM
Mar 2023
what an episode🔥
Dec 5, 2023 11:54 AM
Aug 2022
hina really got mickey and draken back in the fight but todays MVP is takemitchy. he stood up with a gun to his head, our crybaby hero has guts and the durability of an immortal ban.
Dec 5, 2023 12:45 PM
Aug 2022
Naaa it’s over for tenjiku now Mikey and draken are here.

I’m still hyped to see the thing with kisaki and Takemichi. I haven’t read the manga but there’s a very specific panel I’m excited to see that I was spoiled on.

I really thought it was gonna happen this episode but I guess it will be in the next couple
Dec 5, 2023 12:52 PM

Jul 2014
That future thing was emotional and Mikey was so dope when he asked for 20,000 so he makes it fair.
Dec 5, 2023 1:03 PM
Jul 2021
Holy shit this episode was so good,I genuinely can’t wait for the next episodes!
Dec 5, 2023 1:16 PM
Jul 2021
phantomfandom said:
This is easily the best Tokyo Revengers episode yet. I've absolutely nothing to complain about. And I'm pretty sure other people will praise this episode in every aspect that I love so I don't even have to waste my time typing it by myself!

I'm so annoyed by people saying Takemichi is the worst MC in Anime. I think the Opposite, you don't get really the typical MC with him, that's what makes him great. In a way he reminds me of Naruto early in the series, always the underdog, and always carring more about others than himself
Dec 5, 2023 1:18 PM

Apr 2015
Real fun episode, keeps the tension up for next week's
Dec 5, 2023 1:48 PM
May 2023
Woah. Was this the first time Takemichi actually punched someone!?!? /j
Dec 5, 2023 2:01 PM

May 2015
Mikey is finally back to kick some tail !
Dec 5, 2023 2:12 PM

Aug 2015
holyyy,this ep was actually so good, the flashbacks and how mikey got motivated in that scene...
Dec 5, 2023 2:13 PM
Feb 2020
this is one of the greatest anime of all time, but like any other anime its not perfect
the major fights are kind of predictable because mikey and draken arent going to be there at the start because otherwise it would be too easy but then at the end when toman is defeated they miraculously show up and win the fight
this isnt a huge problem because the fight isnt the most important part theres so much more going on in the story and we learned a lot of things about a lot of characters during this fight

mikey and draken now know takemitchy's secret, this will have a big impact on the future and could be good or bad for takemitchy

i love this show
Dec 5, 2023 2:21 PM
Mar 2022
The moment we were all waiting for, holy shit man
Dec 5, 2023 2:31 PM
Aug 2020
another great episode

the dude run even with a hole in the feet (hahahaha)

apart from that,i enjoyed every sec
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 5, 2023 3:04 PM
Jun 2022
this episode was banger can't wait for the next one
Dec 5, 2023 3:04 PM

Jun 2014
Takemichi managed to talk his way out of getting shot, then gave that punk Kisaki the punch to the face he has deserved for a long time. Izana took over in contributing to the weekly Takemichi ass beating, but the tides have turned with Mikey and Draken showing up. They brought some much-needed energy back to Toman.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 5, 2023 4:33 PM

Apr 2022
out of character as hell for takemichi to not cry for most of the episode, especially after getting shot lol when he saw the millionth flashback of hina dying, i was sure he was about to start bawling.
Dec 5, 2023 6:07 PM

Jul 2017
Despite being brandished with a gun, Takemichi is fearless, that's got guts and balls.

Kisaki may have pulled the gun that only hits Takemichi's left feet but knowing all of the people like Mikey and Draken who have entrusted their dream to him, this is his moment that he finally stops being a crybaby and faces his fears upfront. "This may be a kids' fight", but Toman will not go down thanks to Takemichi's never-say-die spirit, and him knowing that Kisaki is basically unsalvageable in the future, he MUST be removed from the picture of everyone who has suffered under his hands in one way or another.

Izana takes centerstage from Kisaki, and faces the rest of Takemichi and Toman together, though it's obvious that the main guy is back to do his bidding: Mikey, who gave him a pep talk to thank him for holding this long. Draken coming along for the ride, but Hina coming together is the surprise, because she is the only one who believed in Takemichi's time-travel gimmick and wants to be there to support him. That said, Mikey and Draken vs. 200 left of Tenjiku, him asking for a handicap is just the most ROFL moment, and his fighting spirit asking for 20,000, it's the Mikey that we all know and love.

Shit's about to go down with Izana's assault against Mikey, and between brothers, this is a fight long-awaited to come.

Definitely the best episode yet before it's all violence.
Dec 5, 2023 6:56 PM
Feb 2021
next ep will be fye
Dec 5, 2023 7:02 PM
Jun 2022
OMG the way Takemichi handles the situation is OP. Felt the hype running through my heart
Dec 5, 2023 7:33 PM
Dec 2022
To sum up about the episode
it was our tanked takemitchy+pool of blood+hyped toman+feared kisaki+Op duo- Mikey and Draken+light hearted Hina moments+feared tenjiku+Mikey's one of the best fight. Overall it was a great roller coaster.
Go Toman.
Dec 5, 2023 9:06 PM

Sep 2023
Takemitchy will never quit

Mikey vs Izana Next week can't wait
Dec 5, 2023 10:29 PM

Aug 2023
The real battle between Tenjiku and Toman begins in the next episode/Mikey will face his brother(Izana)/Draken and Mikey were told about Takemichi being from future by Hina/now Chifuyu, Hina, Draken, Mikey know about the future Tackemichi.
Dec 5, 2023 10:46 PM
Dec 2021
mikey is back.YEAH!!!!!!!
Dec 5, 2023 11:22 PM
Sep 2023
Another episode of him being a stress relieving human punching bag, I wanted to see mikey take out all 200
Dec 5, 2023 11:24 PM

Dec 2018
Holy cow this was a banger episode, mikey and draken and now the brother fued this next episode is going to be lit!
Dec 6, 2023 1:01 AM
Nov 2020
I started watching this anime again in the summer when I heard there was coming a new season now I am every Tuesday till late up to watch this season it looks so perfect I hope it doesn’t end like the manga.

Further more this episode is so touchable with the feelings that come looking with it. The moment Mikey showed up with dragon I was finally relieved can’t wait till the next episode.
Dec 6, 2023 2:18 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to DSAO086
The real battle between Tenjiku and Toman begins in the next episode/Mikey will face his brother(Izana)/Draken and Mikey were told about Takemichi being from future by Hina/now Chifuyu, Hina, Draken, Mikey know about the future Tackemichi.
@DSAO086

And Kisaki seemed surprised when Takemichi talked about the future.

Who is the mysterious bad guy really going to be who has been pulling strings all along.
Dec 6, 2023 2:55 AM

Jan 2018
Shit. Kisaki couldn't pull the trigger. What makes him such a coward against Takemichi? His ideals? His pride?

Takemichi got shot in the foot and proceeded to be a great punching bag as always. But I'll be honest, this is probably the most badass he's been since ever.

Welp, Mikey, and Draken are finally here. I guess it was only a matter of time. The OP spoiled it anyway. But I'm glad most of the fights were with Takemichi and the others.

Hina told Mikey and Draken that Takemichi is a time traveler?! Bruh. Did they actually believe her? I mean, Mikey looked like everything clicked when he found out Tekemichi's secret. So there's that. I wonder how this will affect their relationships.
Dec 6, 2023 3:11 AM
Jun 2023
Yes, Mikey is back, I'm excited for the next episode
Dec 6, 2023 3:12 AM

Aug 2023
Reply to Vindicater
@DSAO086

And Kisaki seemed surprised when Takemichi talked about the future.

Who is the mysterious bad guy really going to be who has been pulling strings all along.
@Vindicater does that means that this timeline's Kisaki don't know a thing about the future?
Dec 6, 2023 4:01 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to Softhenic03
These bunch of guys have practically committed every wrong deed there in the dictionary for their age, the “vicious generation” especially, but still have the nerve to term whatever they been doing right now as child’s play lol. You don’t use real guns and shoot someone’s foot in the local middle school backyard brawl, I mean after all.

Now Takemitchi does say, he lacks the charisma of Mikey and power of x or y, but isn’t his, “I wOn’T gIVe uP, eVEn iF i dIe” which eventually led Kisaki to back off and heck even somehow fuelled the toman guys with a newfound motivation, a kind of charisma too???? Or is it an insanely polished form of talk no jutsu… the likes which we never saw before????

I’m at a loss of words at this point. It makes absolutely zero sense how Takemitchi could manage to stand his ground against Izana, while having a hole in his foot. So just leaving it be, I mean it was quite obvious Mikey and Draken would make their return, but the reason being…

… absolutely hilarious. HOW COULD PEOPLE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND BELIEVE A STORY ABOUT A GUY WHO COULD TIME LEAP lmaooooo. And the fun thing is they returned precisely becasue they're believing this story. Now just wait for Mikey to solo everyone, starting with his "bIg bROtheR" Izana lol.
@Softhenic03 funny how this dumbass just said "im not an anime only if you would've seen your "manga readers" someplace other than fb or tiktok, you might have known who complained how much." when he doesn't even know what's going on and whats gonna happen he said "mikey will just solo everyone starting with izana" this is how u know someone is delusional, also mikey always knew something was up with takemichi and how he acts more mature than any teenagers ofc he's gonna believe he's a time traveler, even from the start of the series mikey met takemichi and said "are u really a middle schooler" seriously this idiot watches tokyo revengers from youtube shorts
Dec 6, 2023 6:39 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Unbelievable. How am i forgetting about Hina? After he revealed, ofc Hina would also telling it to them lmao. How am i miss that? Fuckin unbelievable.

The most unbelievable one is Takemitchy. His tenacity just beyond the ' its just not making any sense'. Bro truly the embodiment of main character after all. He never give up. That's it. While Kisaki breathe rapidly also giving me more pumped out, especially since he's no more than chicken. Hina as the only girl there stunned me as well.

All in all. I like the episode. So please Mickey, lets settle this brother conflict nice and easy.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 6, 2023 9:22 AM
Sep 2022
Yeah he’s a crybaby and still sucks at fighting but Takemichi has come so far from the person he was before the time traveling, where he transferred schools after getting beat up once. Mans been stabbed, shot, beat to a pulp more times than he can count, probably lost his weight in blood, watched like half his friends die in front of his eyes. And he still keeps getting back up. Respect.
Dec 6, 2023 9:35 AM

Jan 2021
MIKEEEYYY AND DORAKEN!!!!
Dec 6, 2023 11:02 AM

Aug 2022
Mikey and Draken finally showed up meaning that we'll finally stop seeing Takemichi getting the shit beat out of him.
Dec 6, 2023 2:15 PM

Feb 2012
Kisaki can easily deal a fatal blow to Emma on a motorcycle and in the future as an adult, he does not hesitate, yet the eyes of the crybaby hero are enough to deter him from shooting Takemitchy point blank this kid's fight.

Either he's putting on a really believable act when he has no idea of the time travel speak Takemitchy is speaking or he's just that cunning that his schemes to reshape Toman have been successful in every timeline (bar the ones where he himself ends up dead yet Mikey's still in despair).

Would've been fun to see 1st division jump Kisaki now that everyone there knows he's hesitant with a gun and that even Takemitchy can land a punch on him.

Kisaki's failure to neutralise Takemitchy doesn't bode well with Izana, the traitor Mucho seems moved by Takemitchy standing his ground and the normally-devoted Kakucho might switch sides as well.

Hina being in the park in this timeline led to her learning the truth of why Takemitchy acts so strange, and it's that info she passes on to Mikey and Draken which pulls them both out of despair following Emma's death. The leader and his 2nd-in-command are back in action and while Tenjiku's mooks cower, Izana is serious.
Fortress_MaximusDec 6, 2023 2:34 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 6, 2023 2:40 PM
Nov 2018
Is this the final part of the anime or there is more history to cover?
Dec 6, 2023 3:15 PM

May 2014
A lot of Takemitchy's behaviour in the past probably made more sense to Mikey now he knows he's from the future. Also the fact he reminded Mikey of his brother when they first met, since Takemitchy is actually older than him.
Dec 6, 2023 6:30 PM

Nov 2021
BEST EPISODE OF TOKYO REVENGERS RIGHT HERE 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Dec 6, 2023 8:08 PM

Jul 2016
Finally a somewhat decent version of Takemichi... and he only needed to reach near "braindead" status to achieve it. I mean, blood was coming out of his ear so you really have to wonder whether he knew what was going on with Kisaki and the gun or not.

As for the writing, it continues to be awful with MC being able to run with a bullet on his foot/enduring Izana's punches and obviously the stuff with Mikey and Draken getting their shit together because they seriously believed the time-leap nonsense... but hey, they showed up and the weeks of ONLY seeing Takemichi being a punching bag are finally over. I hope...
SouthRzVaDec 6, 2023 8:14 PM
Dec 6, 2023 9:36 PM

May 2020
I hated the beginning of this SO much.

The exaggerated reactions from everyone over each cliche lineTakemitchy said... The nonsensical idea that Kisaki suddenly was "afraid" to kill Takemitchy, a person who he actually hated, when he's already gotten his hands dirty & killed a defenseless girl just a couple episodes ago, and Takemitchy's speech "I'm not charasmatic like Mikey (how is Mikey charasmatic anyway?)/not a good fighter like Draken/not smart like Naoto/etc" just being capped off with "but I never give up, even if it kills me!"

All of it was SO SO SO DUMB! Obviously many of the things in this show would be absolutely unrealistic irl, but this standoff takes the cake.

Had Kisaki never gotten his hands dirty & actually killed someone, his "fear" of killing a guy who he NEEDS out of the way might make a bit of sense. But no, he's already a murderer, so too late!

And Takemitchy already died & knows Naoto is dead in the future, so how is "never giving up, even if it kills me" useful? If you're dead, then what? Then the future is permanent, your strong will meant nothing. And what use is not giving up, if you have zero skills to go along with staying alive? Getting punched a lot? Being constantly trampled over by everyone? Needing your friends to do ALLLLLL the hard work & heavy lifting?!

We've already seen that your ability to travel to the future (which you currently don't even have) doesn't even give you the advantage of insight into strategic advantages!!! You still don't put the info to use, then act shocked when you see "B.D." & don't realize it means "Black Dragon," despite knowing who they are!

Imagine right now, this very moment, some random guy stranded on an island is screaming "I have no skills, I'm not smart, I can't survive in the wild, I need my friends (who aren't here) to save me, but I have no food, no water, and nobody even knows my location.... I will never give up!"

That's what this feels like. So what? You can do nothing for yourself. Your mere existence is not something to be proud of, and the fact this show's writing implies that the world's population just crumbles to their knees when a guy screams that, especially after PROVING how useless he is, drives me insane!

/end rant

*whew*.... Ok, I promise I will be happy & positive going forward. Sorry everyone! Still enjoy the show ;D
“No, you can’t have a show where everybody’s Krillin!” – Shinpachi
Dec 6, 2023 10:02 PM
May 2017
best tokyo revengers episode in a long damn while, that shit went in fr. Had some good action, inspirational moments, emotional moments, also the badass return of our #1 and #2. Izana is also getting active too. But damn, I was wondering. Did Takemichi really rally everyone in Toman? We're there only around 100 of them fr? I thought there was more that would've come with Mikey and Draken, but they came alone indicating everyone who wasn't injured followed takemichi?

damn I seriously thought there were more members

5/5
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Tenjiku-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2023

177 by jaypc »»
May 19, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Tenjiku-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2023

60 by lasodamos »»
May 6, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Tenjiku-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2023

149 by lasodamos »»
May 6, 12:11 PM

» 😣 sorry

OtakuSociety8 - Apr 28

11 by SSRSyt »»
Apr 29, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Tenjiku-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2023

83 by _meanie_ »»
Apr 16, 9:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.