3It was OK
2.2%
2Disliked it
0.7%
1Hated it
1.5%
Average 4.8
6,315 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 14, 2022 4:00 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at approximately 00:40 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeNov 14, 2022 7:44 AM
Nov 14, 2022 7:41 AM

May 2020
People should abide by the rules, like you don't interfere when the main bosses from both parties go one-on-one. Moreover we talking about people like Yamamoto and Yhwach. The conversation alone was so hype worthy that even if they didn't do nothing otherwise, it still would've been plenty enough.

The biggest fight and hence the biggest moment, witnessing the BANKAI of Yamamoto, Zanka no Tachi. It can reduce any fucking thing straight to ashes, and you bet it did. The absolute overwhelmingness of its powers made Yhwach look like a kid throwing a fit, moreover the iconic undead army making their presence was just the final nail in the coffin.

Except things didn’t end there and what welcomed us was an earth-shattering plot twist. Yhwach being the fake one aka Sternritter ‘Y’ all along. And what followed was the ultimate demise of Yamamoto. Rest in peace, Yama-Jii, with all due respect.

An episode for the ages. Thanks a lot Pierrot, y’all did everything justice. Plus that anime-original conversation between Yhwach and Aizen was just the cherry on the cake*chef’s kiss*
Nov 14, 2022 7:45 AM

Jul 2021
Well it’s been a thousand years since Yhwach and Yamamoto had some past (from Yamamoto’s own reminiscent) and now the present seems like their anticipation for the survival of the fittest from this mere fight alone. Flame all over it’s bring up some tension but oh boy Yamamoto at first hand is already in the deed when the group of quincies started coming over, bringing some interference and unfairness into the fight, but after some quick dispose, it continues until Yhwach could possibly shatter Yamamoto’s blade, soul and flesh, huh he must be putting his blood, sweat and tears into this. Overall fight sequence is one of the best that this season has to offer so far because holy I was on the edge of my seat.

Yamamoto’s bankai scene on the other hand put a lit on the candle with a true statement that can’t be said better. Heh few of the Gotei 13 members seem to have problems with their skin, like typically it may be due to water scarcity of the whole society after Yamamoto unleashes his Bankai. 15m degrees is a BIG temperature, well at least Yamamoto can bear even getting near close to the sun, he’s kinda intense when taking a whole risk when Yhwach said that this quincy is a pain in the ass. Skulls all over the place ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€ I couldn’t stop laughing with the mixed cg on it even when it still looks eerie, reminds me so much of Berserk after looking at this from the color palette.. Well ngl Yhwach got me in the first half because obviously any fucking antagonist who had a quarter of a screentime can’t fall for such atrocious. Well farewell Yamamoto, you will be missed </3 Soul society will be in a huge burden without him ig.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 2019
BANKAI: ZANKA NO TACHI

Wow... what an amazing fight that was. The animation and direction were great. They added some scenes and I'm glad that they did. It made things quite impactful. It's no wonder they're so afraid of Yamamoto. Incredible episode. Also, loved seeing a little bit of Aizen, the GOAT.

In the end, Yhawch was the last one standing because of his witty decisions in that fight. It's gonna be hell to handle after Yamamoto. Feels Bad Man...

Nov 2011
Fighting Yamamoto in this arc is like fighting off a pissed off super boss. He's not in the best of mood with that nuclear like attitude.

Yamamoto vs Yhwach is fun to watch, when watching two leaders face off. Yamamoto's burning passion represents his desire to not just revenge but protect Soul Society. Not going to lie but Yhwach has some pretty cool moves himself.

And...AIZEN IS BACK!
Nov 14, 2022 7:46 AM
Jun 2016
The animation was crazy indeed, good sign that they’re willing to do those in important episodes.

I did feel like the character designs were very different through the fluid sequences, but that’s fine. The choreography was not my favorite, but I need to rewatch it to judge.

Also, the fact that Yamamoto was tricked also pisses me off, I would like him to be simply overpowered and not tricked into lose.

Aizen scene was also really good!

Anyways, great episode overall 9/10
Nov 14, 2022 7:49 AM

Jan 2019
I've always loved this particular stage of Zanka no Tachi, it reminds me of something out of a Junji Ito horror manga.
CGI in the episode was expected, as it's a much easier way to animate all these skeletons.

This was one of the best anime episodes I've seen - and I've seen many, but I'm a Bleach fan so I'm most likely being biased as well.
neffst3rNov 14, 2022 8:13 AM
Nov 14, 2022 7:52 AM

Jan 2021
Finally seeing Zanka no tachi getting animated and I am so damn happy right now. Volume 57 was the first bleach volume that I had bought and seeing Yama's Bankai so early in such a badass way literally gave me goosebumps. The anime just nailed it.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Nov 14, 2022 7:54 AM
Apr 2022
best episode in the series yet. Rest In Peace Yama, you'll be missed. This episode was SOOOOOO ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Nov 14, 2022 8:08 AM

Jul 2012
As always... BLEAChads cant stop winning. PEAK shounen
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2022 8:17 AM
Jul 2018
Best episode so far!
Yamato vs Yhwach might be my favorite fight from Bleach and seeing it animated was amazing!
And next episode is going to be great as well!
Nov 14, 2022 8:28 AM
Dec 2021
there are people who hated this episode.Bravo pure Bleach haters.
Nov 14, 2022 8:34 AM

Dec 2020
An amazing episode with amazing animation and cgi done really well. AIZENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ฐ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ต๐“พ๐“ฎ.
๐“˜๐“ท ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต,
๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ.

Nov 14, 2022 8:36 AM

Nov 2016
Yhwach played the ultimate uno reverse card

Still, in terms of charisma he got nothing on Aizen. He owned their little chat. Hope he returns to the battlefield.
FMmatronNov 14, 2022 10:12 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 14, 2022 8:36 AM

Apr 2018
I fucking love Yamamoto's bankai. Holy shit, the conversation between Yhwach and Yamamoto was crazy. Espically if you think about it, it's been almost a thousand years since they've communicated with each other. Man, Pierriot did an insane job this episode. The fucking skulls too LOL... At to make it better, Aizen is fucking BACK.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 14, 2022 8:38 AM

May 2012
Ooh boy.. this felt like a movie, and I'm not talking just about the animation here. To have the Aizen scene wrap up the story of this massive threat that has descended upon the Soul Society and the waterfall from Yamamoto's bankai is... incredible storytelling and story framing from Kubo everyone who worked on this episode.

What an incredible journey. I feel shivers.
Nov 14, 2022 8:38 AM

Jul 2017
Yamamoto's bankai looked sick in this episode, animators pulled out the big guns here for that and the action in this episode for the most part. Don't think it was a masterpiece episode or close to that for me, but it was cool to see Bleach not pull back visually with the action here. Q Kawa and Hiroyuki Yamashita worked on this episode too among many talented animators so that level of talent does reflect on the episode too. CGI skeletons were meh but I can understand why they went with them, not too big a deal for me. It was nice seeing Aizen again too here.
Nov 14, 2022 8:46 AM
Apr 2016
Now that was worthy of big 3 Bleach!

that shit that was intense as fuck!
Nov 14, 2022 8:50 AM

Dec 2015
Good episode.

Btw if you will pay attention to Ending Credits You'lll Notice at 23:04 Ryan White.

He is known as Retro Ryno who has done some fan animations [including "1st" episode of TYBW fan animation] for years and some people already argued that his animation "is better" than official As Nodt vs Byakuya. So what will be the argument of that kind of people when you see him in end credits of official episode?

Be aware of checking his other videos as he has done some little shorts of stuff which will happen in 2nd/3rd cour.
-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2ZSu0V0tos

Episode was great, I'd wish the skeleton scene was better but it still gave away the mood and feeling which was most important here.
Nov 14, 2022 8:53 AM
May 2021
Such an amazing ep!! ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ shitt man!! Just straight heat!!
Nov 14, 2022 8:54 AM

Jun 2014
I was hearing a lot of rumors and buzz surrounding the awaited episode 6 of this season, and boy did it deliver on the hype. The action in this episode, from seeing Yamamoto's Bankai in action to the actual fight animation, was nothing short of amazing. As OP as Yamamoto was though, Yhwach gained the upper hand by tricking him and managed to steal his Bankai and deal a fatal blow. I guess trickery and deceit is the only way you can overcome power as raw as Yamamoto's. RIP to the old gramps, what a fucking episode. And seeing the goat Aizen for a brief couple minutes was the icing on the cake to an already great episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 14, 2022 8:55 AM

Feb 2022
Amazing visuals โœ…
Incredible sakuga โœ…
Immaculate voice acting โœ…
Impeccable dialogue โœ…
Cinematic direction and compositioning โœ…
Extended anime-only elevation of the source material โœ…
Emotional, symbolic and dynamic fight scene โœ…
Flames as hot as the core of the Sun that can burn anything out of literal existence โœ…
Sosuke Aizen (the main character of Bleach) โœ…

Pure peakino. Pierrot did this fight justice. BLEACHads... I KNEEL.
the13thStruggleNov 14, 2022 9:04 AM
Nov 14, 2022 8:55 AM
Jun 2020
One of the greatest anime episodes of all time, i have been waiting awhile for genruyasais bankkai to get animated
Nov 14, 2022 8:56 AM
Nov 2021
BANKAI! ZANKA NO TACHI! AFTER ALL THESE YEARS UT FINALLY GOT ANIMATED! 10/10 EPISODE.
I love thise Uryu extends and AIZEN IS BACK!!!
Nov 14, 2022 8:57 AM

Jul 2011
Just in those minutes that Capt. Yamamoto was active, those who didn't died from the wounds already, died from dehydration.

To catch a legendary pokemon you need to weaken them fist.

Of course Aizen would join Yhwach, Aizen is his own boss.

Aizen is well and doing a Evangelion cosplay.
Nov 14, 2022 8:57 AM
Oct 2018
Yamamoto is a monster, holy sh*t!! But unfortunately that was an imposter Yhwach.

Everything about this episode is amazing. Aesthetic, CG blend, animation and choreography. 5/5
Nov 14, 2022 8:58 AM
Oct 2022
Best episode in anime history, Best fight ever.
Nov 14, 2022 9:01 AM

Feb 2016
To think we'd finally see Zanka no Tachi fully animated after so many years. I've gotta admit, I do remember South due to the those fell by Yamamoto, but damn the other ones are still amazing and very imposing.

Gotta love the choreography in the battle, it went smoothly. Yamamoto is a beast ngl. Unfortunately we all got jebaited here, RIP Yamamoto.

Ishida looking into the journal as he reads the story while the fight unfolds was a neat detail.

Gotta watch this episode again later with better quality to fully appreciate the animation (and good subtitles too)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 14, 2022 9:02 AM
Apr 2016
Not gonna lie, Yamamoto looked like a bit of a fool there. He was way too confident in his power (kind of understandable), and blinded by anger. Yhwach played his cards perfectly. The Soul Society is in complete shambles right now. You have to seriously wonder how they're gonna get out of this mess.
CruicruiseNov 14, 2022 9:14 AM
Nov 14, 2022 9:02 AM
May 2021
when I read the manga I could legit feel yamamoto's flames all around my body like the fight was so well done, and I knew that when this gets animated it would blow up all over the internet, and I think its safe to say that it DID NOT DISSAPOINT anybody, ofcourse the animation could still improve cuz those CGI skeletons made me laugh kinda hard but thats not all that important and so overall I rate this episode a solid 10 with this being the highest rated episode of this season on my list.
Nov 14, 2022 9:03 AM

Jan 2016
Jesus christ

WTF was that, this episode was so fucking good
Nov 14, 2022 9:04 AM

May 2020
that was a fire ep
Yamamoto is way too op
and so is yhwach

I hope Yamamoto doesn't die
amazing episode
Homura24Nov 14, 2022 9:27 AM

Nov 14, 2022 9:04 AM
Mar 2018
Incredible episode with superb direction and animation and is a contender for my favorite anime episode this year
Nov 14, 2022 9:05 AM

Dec 2015
The visuals and animation gave me goosebumps holyshit! glad i survive this long to witness this masterpiece
Nov 14, 2022 9:06 AM
Oct 2020
10/10 BEST episode of bleach am speechless
Nov 14, 2022 9:08 AM
Jul 2020
Absolute. F*cking. Fire.

Yamamoto is such a badass. The most badass fire user there is. Zanka no Tachi did not disappoint, it was really intense. I also love the direction and flashbacks this episode had. Taguchi's storyboarding is something else. The voice actors are really killing it as well. Couldn't be more perfect casting for Yhwach.

When it comes to the visuals, it's probably the best episode of anime Pierrot has ever produced. It's unbelievable how detailed all of that really was, despite being filled with complex visual effects and composition. The effects are easily the best this season. Then it changed it up with some CGI, that, while not drawn like how I'd prefer it, it was still amazing. The focus on colours is insane.

Also, the music. Sagisu is the GOAT. Enough said.

Am I the only one who felt like Aizen's scene resembled Evangelion in a way?
Nov 14, 2022 9:09 AM

Mar 2017
Zettaiken said:
Good episode.

Btw if you will pay attention to Ending Credits You'lll Notice at 23:04 Ryan White.

He is known as Retro Ryno who has done some fan animations [including "1st" episode of TYBW fan animation] for years and some people already argued that his animation "is better" than official As Nodt vs Byakuya. So what will be the argument of that kind of people when you see him in end credits of official episode?

Be aware of checking his other videos as he has done some little shorts of stuff which will happen in 2nd/3rd cour.
-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2ZSu0V0tos

Episode was great, I'd wish the skeleton scene was better but it still gave away the mood and feeling which was most important here.

that is actually sick. i was keeping up with his bleach project so it’s actually insane to see him in the credits.

source: @bokarokaku
Nov 14, 2022 9:10 AM

Jan 2021
daft_mariner said:
Am I the only one who felt like Aizen's scene resembled Evangelion in a way?

It did give the evanglion and some old anime vibes. I guess its because of the colors as well.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

ๅญ”็œŸใƒปใ‚ณใ‚ฆใƒžใ‚ณใƒˆ

Jun 2017
Holy moly, that was some display of power from the old man. Too bad that he lost his head too easily and couldn't figure out the trap while revealing all his secrets. I'm curious what the North Bankai had to offer though, lol. Hopefully, that'll make a comeback next week otherwise, Soul Society is in deep deep trouble...

Man, Pierrot really stepped up the sakuga during some of the action scenes there! I knew they'd rise to the occasion but I didn't think it'd be this early and of this quality, this adaption really is a blessing.

Good to see Aizen after a long while! I got NGE vibes from that scene lol, that must be nice cushion there xD.

Ishida slowly learning about the truth behind the Quincy's eradication is interesting, they're definitely building up to something. Meanwhile, Ichigo is still afk, I wonder how long it'll take for him to get out of that jail.

@Zettaiken Hey, that's a good spot! Really nice from the wonderful folks over at Pierrot to give him some well-deserved recognition.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 2022
fuck yeah the best ep i have seen this year
Oct 2022
HOLY FUCK WAS THIS EP GOOD!!!
we bleach fans eating good i teared up at yama's bankai after so many years watching it animated ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Nov 14, 2022 9:11 AM
Jul 2021
BANKAI ZANKA NO TACHI
Nov 14, 2022 9:11 AM

Oct 2022
screaming, crying, throwing up, pulling out my hair, bashing my head into the wall

great episode...
pozkaNov 14, 2022 9:55 AM
Nov 14, 2022 9:13 AM
Jan 2022
Already Anime Fight of the Year + Anime Episode of the Year (before a future BLEACH episode potentially steals it)

Edit: EP7 was EVEN BETTER. EP9, 10, 11, 12 & especially 13 were beautifully incredible as well. Anime of the Year.
019XYZJul 19, 2023 1:10 PM
Nov 14, 2022 9:14 AM
Sep 2020
Cruicruise said:
Not gonna lie, Yamamoto looked like a a bit of a fool there. He was way too confident in his power (kind of understandable), and blinded by anger. Yhwach played his cards perfectly. The Soul Society is in complete shambles right now. You have to seriously wonder how they're gonna get out of this mess.

Yamamoto has always been kinda ignorant regarding that. Same with how he tried to counter Kyouka Suigetsu. While the result was what he has hoped for, the theory he made up was very wrong haha. The only reason Yamamoto was able to know it was the real Aizen was because he touched Kyouka Suigetsu.
Nov 14, 2022 9:16 AM
Mar 2015
So long old man your flame died today
Nov 14, 2022 9:19 AM
Jul 2022
one of the best eps in anime
Nov 14, 2022 9:28 AM
Feb 2020
absolutely brilliant
Nov 14, 2022 9:29 AM
Apr 2021
Yama bankai's visuals were amazing! The pinnacle of Bleach here!
Nov 14, 2022 9:35 AM
Feb 2022
Best anime episode of 2022
BLEACH SEASON
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

anime-prime - Dec 19, 2022

219 by LightNoragami1 »»
Yesterday, 7:28 AM

» ichigo and yhwach final fight

RaPZoD - May 31

14 by Rinrinka »»
Yesterday, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 12, 2022

315 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 31, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 5, 2022

271 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 31, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 28, 2022

324 by LightNoragami1 »»
May 31, 2:52 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.