3It was OK
7.9%
2Disliked it
2.5%
1Hated it
0.9%
Average 4.5
771 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 26, 2018 1:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool, we got to see the pro heroes with their rankings/titles. First half of the episode showed Deku recovering and the heroes trying to unite together to save Bakugo. Thought it was an emotional buildup especially with the segment involving Iida.

In the meantime, we got Bakugo being held captive by the villains. At least they got the tracking device Momo planted on them. Deku feels guilty for not being able to save him so now it's their chance.

Lol, the heroes got into some pretty wacky outfits imo XD
Stark700May 26, 2018 6:32 AM
May 26, 2018 1:50 AM

Jan 2012
Episode 46 this week, "From Iida to Midoriya," adapting Chapters 84 and 85 from Volume 10 of the original source manga. Bakugo has been kidnapped by the league of villains, and All Might is on the case, along with many of the other top heroes. Not that everyone from 1-A is willing to leave it all to them however! Yes, it's time for the students to pick a side and take a stand, with Young Iida all too familiar with acting recklessly. And things certainly got tense with that little physical altercation. Ultimately though it's just like back when Deku helped Bakugo against that villain way back at the beginning of the series where his legs moved on their own. And so, a compromise! Iida, Midoriya, Todoroki, Kirishima and Yaoyorozu go to find Bakugo together, ostensibly to "observe" though I hafta agree with Momo regarding that. Pretty nice disguises they've got on too, Momo lookin' extraordinarily sexy. XD But things are certainly still very serious, with UA taking a media wave, but if Shigaraki thought dealing with Bakugo would be easy, he's got another thing coming. XD

animefan8800May 26, 2018 3:00 AM
May 26, 2018 3:00 AM

Jan 2017
Pretty annoying how some of the students wanted to go rescue, this is the only moment so far when I think they should just leave it to the pros. Bakugo tho, knocked that hand off and triggered some PTSD. Hyped for next episode like always.
May 26, 2018 3:03 AM

Feb 2018
When I read this chapter in the manga I was so glad that bakugo wint bekomme the next Sasuke cuz Sasuke sucks.
May 26, 2018 3:07 AM

Apr 2017
i cant help but worry for midoriyas arms honestly >,< iida has a point but dont just punch the injured mc!!!! and as expected of bakugo, thats what hes gonna do after getting unchained. he shouldve thought of a better action and not recklessly, but oh well

feels short episode, 5/5

still life: pink roses
May 26, 2018 3:15 AM

Nov 2016
Everyone in the hospital talking about the plan. They knew it was risky, but in the nd they are heroes.

I liked the way they explained Deku's injury, he needs to be more careful when using the quirk. Deku and the others are ready to infiltrate the hideout. On the other side it was nice to see some of the top heroes coming together, this mission is realy dangerous.

The episode despise being a build-up had some thrilling moments with Bakugo and the villains. Kacchan wasn't taken by their words, and attacked them instantl, he have proud after all, well done. Also those outfits were so damn hilarious, especially Yakuza Midoriya LOL.
May 26, 2018 3:15 AM

Sep 2014
Welp, Midoriya's arms are in a very bad shape. Yaoyorozu, Kirishima, Iida, Todoroki and Deku went on their own to rescue Bakugo without a fight. Meanwhile, some of the top heroes are assembled for an attack at the League of Villains' hideout and rescue Bakugo while U.A. as a school starts becoming infamous. Lol'd at those outfits.
May 26, 2018 3:21 AM

Feb 2013
Those disguises are cool.
Lol, Tomura has too much confidence in Bakugou.
May 26, 2018 3:28 AM

Oct 2015
Great episode honestly. Best since episode 3.
May 26, 2018 3:34 AM
Feb 2018
This arc is starting to become easily the best one in this season. The emotional aspect has really risen with this episode. What is also great, is how we can acknowledge that both groups are kind of right (lida and todoroki). It's true that they should just leave it to the heroes but i can understand their decision when the pro heroes still haven't acted on the situation, that's why the classmates want to act as fast as possible.

Also I'm loving the centric on Bakugo and I wish we get an amazing arc with his character, something similar to zuko from avatar. But then again i've heard some negativity surrounding his character arc in the manga so I hope it's not true and wr get some proper amazing character development with him cause his character deserve it.

Anyway that was an amazing emotional episode and i haven't been this excited about the next one since the stain's arc.
May 26, 2018 3:35 AM

Jul 2017
Very good episode. I liked how they were building the emotions of some of the U.A. students and really made their motives to save Bakugo pretty realistic.

Some comedic moments were a bit cringe but the main moments were sold well.

Excited to see what happens now.
May 26, 2018 3:44 AM
Nov 2017
Supernico95 said:
This arc is starting to become easily the best one in this season. The emotional aspect has really risen with this episode. What is also great, is how we can acknowledge that both groups are kind of right (lida and todoroki). It's true that they should just leave it to the heroes but i can understand their decision when the pro heroes still haven't acted on the situation, that's why the classmates want to act as fast as possible.

Also I'm loving the centric on Bakugo and I wish we get an amazing arc with his character, something similar to zuko from avatar. But then again i've heard some negativity surrounding his character arc in the manga so I hope it's not true and wr get some proper amazing character development with him cause his character deserve it.

Anyway that was an amazing emotional episode and i haven't been this excited about the next one since the stain's arc.
Bakugo’s character arc in the manga is beautiful and probably one of the best . I haven’t heard anything negative about it but I’d imagine it’s the minority who’s fixated on who he was in chapter 1 and thinks people can’t grow or change .
May 26, 2018 3:49 AM
Feb 2018
MonkeyDJasper said:
Supernico95 said:

Bakugo’s character arc in the manga is beautiful and probably one of the best . I haven’t heard anything negative about it but I’d imagine it’s the minority who’s fixated on who he was in chapter 1 and thinks people can’t grow or change .

ok thats really reassuring, because someone said it at one of the episode discussions from a few episodes ago and i didn't want to believe them well good thing he was wrong.
May 26, 2018 3:58 AM

Jan 2013
I'm worrying about Midoriya's arms. Like seriously, if he fights again, won't be the same thing? Cuz he's against top villains, eventually he will fight and if he wants to win he have to do same thing. I hope they will just rescue Bokugo and go away.
May 26, 2018 4:00 AM

Feb 2011
Lol'd at Deku becoming a bad boi
May 26, 2018 4:06 AM

Dec 2015
So many top heroes gathering up, upcoming episodes are gonna be insane!

Lol, loved their disguises, especially Midoriya's lmao!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 26, 2018 4:07 AM

Jan 2009
Momo Yaoyorozu is best girl material

and damn next episode is more hype since All For One will finally show up
May 26, 2018 4:08 AM

Oct 2015
I can't unsee it

+ =
May 26, 2018 4:10 AM

May 2017
Too bad someone spoiled me the outcome of this last week so the twists and turns dont really matter to me.

Love Iida as a character. He cares about his friends so much, he really feels responsible for them as a class leader.

Midoriya's arms are fuucked up its getting worse and worse. Not looking too good for him.
May 26, 2018 4:14 AM

Sep 2014
LMAO. Kamui and Mount Lady were together xD

And daym. Wanted Bakugo's phrase to be "I look up to the pose All Might strikes, when he wins" like in the manga
May 26, 2018 4:16 AM

Jul 2016
Another amazing episode.

Next episode is the pizza delivery, oh I can't wait!

Based Bones.
May 26, 2018 4:30 AM
May 2018
dicecop said:
LMAO. Kamui and Mount Lady were together xD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ...
May 26, 2018 4:38 AM

Mar 2018
Character developpement at its finest. Great adaptation of Deku and Iida's conflict.

But unfortunatly, Bakugo's moment felt way more impactful in the manga. I was expecting they'd choose the exact same angle and perhaps a bigger focus on his smiling face, and with it an energic song (I always thought it'd be Bombing King) so it would truly feel like a decisive moment in his developpment. HOWEVER, this explosion was really well animated.

It's with that episode that you realize how great the characters are, their trauma have real impact on the way they see the situation and on their relationship.

Florent3571May 26, 2018 7:29 AM
May 26, 2018 4:42 AM

Apr 2016
MoonStar9 said:
I can't unsee it

+ =

LOL pretty good combination choice
BRAWLERS
May 26, 2018 4:58 AM
Nov 2017
I enjoyed this episode quite a lot. They left us on a darn cliffhanger again...
May 26, 2018 5:01 AM

May 2015
Those disguises lol
Next episode is gonna be hype, can't wait :D
May 26, 2018 5:06 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Deku's injuries this time are serious. :(

I've always liked the way they handled Iida conflict with Deku and Todoroki about saving Bakugou. It's interesting because these two were the ones who pulled Iida out of the very same reckless actions he was trying to take in the past and now they're trying to do the exact same thing he did. The scene outside the hospital was pretty emotional. Glad to see that both Iida and Momo are accompanying them cause without those two the other 3 would probably just be totally reckless.

Those costumes were hilarious, I'd bet the kids stand out more in the costumes. Deku with the delinquent outfit is hilarious but Momo in her dress is lovely. <3
Loved the moment when Momo tried to explain why they had to go into the store to get this stuff, she just want to experience going to the cosplay store for the first time. <3

Bakugou at the end was awesome, people might often call him out on being susceptible to becoming a villain but the truth has always been that there's no one as driven on becoming a hero as Bakugou.

All the pro heroes are getting ready for one huge operation, the next few episodes are gonna be so awesome. I can't wait to see how Bones handles this.
May 26, 2018 5:20 AM

Jan 2017
Gah dammit, this episode has me torn between whether the villains cause is justified or they're just bad guys doing bad things.

On the other side of things, the issues midoriya is facing is so relatable; going all in with what you love -only for it to damage you. It's to the extent where the mothers central to the issue want you to leave it... I'm suffering from the repercussions of that situation even now.

I like how they combined a good chunk of comic relief between the two climaxes; it really helped to pump me up for what is to come... Especially the way yaoyoruzu just wanted to cosplay
tidoesstuffMay 26, 2018 5:26 AM
May 26, 2018 5:22 AM

Feb 2018
So who said Bakugo will be like Sasuke? XD

Deku and Bakugo were inspired by same person, All Might. Deku want to always can save people and smile after that like All Might, Bakugou want to always win no matter the condition like All Might too.

If A lot of top heroes gather in this arc, i can see this arc will be amazing, especially when Top 10 like All Might, Endeavour, Best Jeanist come to raid league of villain's hideout.
May 26, 2018 5:25 AM

Feb 2018
Lynfield said:
I'm worrying about Midoriya's arms. Like seriously, if he fights again, won't be the same thing? Cuz he's against top villains, eventually he will fight and if he wants to win he have to do same thing. I hope they will just rescue Bokugo and go away.

I think he will fight but he must just use his 5% One For All like when he fought Hero Killer Stain
May 26, 2018 5:37 AM

Oct 2013
deg said:

Lol totally agree. Todoroki and Momo here we go
May 26, 2018 5:41 AM

May 2018
So if Midoriya gets injured again, that's it, he won't be able to use his arms anymore? This looks bad

Still think it's the worst idea possible for them to go by themselves. Either way, the next episodes are gonna be great
May 26, 2018 5:46 AM

Nov 2016
The disguises were the best part,lmao.

And I loved Bakugos guts at the end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 26, 2018 5:56 AM

Jan 2013
ade-pewe said:
Lynfield said:

I think he will fight but he must just use his 5% One For All like when he fought Hero Killer Stain

Yea i hope. But not always he'll be at advantage like he fought Stain with 2 other person. At the worst scenario everyone'll fight one-on-one. And that's why i think it's possible that Midoriya could use that technique again, also he's already pretty damaged.
May 26, 2018 6:00 AM

Oct 2017
Well damn, this episode really is talking emotions and building up so much suspense. There were a lot of focus here. Some of the students were hurt by Bakugo's kidnapping and wanted to save him while others are more worried and believes that the pro heroes should just do all the work. But it's obvious that everyone's frustrated in one way or another with the repercussions. In the end, a few agreed to go along with the plan of a covert mission and I think that's the best choice.

Now as time have gone by, it's clear how this event is affecting society's trust towards heroes. It's a big blow to UA and the trust is slowly wavering unless they pick themselves back up again. So this huge rescue plan that is ongoing should hopefully regain back the lost trust. The villains are questioning what heroes truly are in society and they want to bring out the weakness within the system. I think they wanted to let everyone know that it's a fragile justice that could easily break when a strong force hinders them. Especially when such a system is a dependent protective source for normal people of everyday life, also known as society. Once something unwanted happens, a domino effect could start and the whole society will become a mess. Who knows? It might lead to something even bigger. Kinda links back to Kota's own view of heroes as he's kind of a civilian himself (a kid) and with the death of his parents, didn't appreciate how people praised them for their heroic deaths.

Well, all that said, Bakugo seems to not be absorbed by the League of Villain's own motive which is great. He wants to be a winner and wants to be a hero, no denying that. There's a serious consequence with Deku's injuries, a concept that I like in a battle Shonen. Hopefully, he'll keep that in mind while still being able to fight and protect as a hero. We all want to see him achieving his childhood dream and being essentially paralyzed is going to be a huge blow to him. The comedy relief was also a nice breather to get a bit of laughs. Really made me love the characters even more.

This episode also had one of the more exciting buildups with its soundtracks. The heroes are gathering around, and they'll come knocking on the villain's door with no intention to back away.

"Hey villains, have you ever heard these words?"
"Go beyond! PLUS ULTRA!"

Hype
OVERPOWERED99May 26, 2018 6:09 AM
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
May 26, 2018 6:02 AM

Mar 2016
What's up with Deku trying to be like a Yakuza? that was funny, really good episode indeed.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 26, 2018 6:11 AM

Jun 2014
All the top heroes have come together, and after an emotional exchange in front of the hospital, we have our Bakugo rescue group taking action as well. Lol those disguises were great, I feel like they stand out more with them than without them.

This was a good buildup episode, now it's time to jump into the hype part of the arc.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 26, 2018 6:19 AM

Jul 2017
The episode was so good. I cant wait till the next one. I haveny read the manga and i hope Kacchan gets saved. And the dress up was hilarious.
May 26, 2018 6:26 AM

Feb 2018
Lynfield said:
ade-pewe said:

Yea i hope. But not always he'll be at advantage like he fought Stain with 2 other person. At the worst scenario everyone'll fight one-on-one. And that's why i think it's possible that Midoriya could use that technique again, also he's already pretty damaged.

For now, from the villain that already appeared in this arc, it seems Deku won't face villains that has brute force like muscular, except if they face another Nomu, All for One (That is new episode title) of course All Might himself will face him.
May 26, 2018 6:41 AM
May 2018
When Deku's mom said "do you have to go to UA?" That hit me a lot. Mother's love
May 26, 2018 6:47 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
The fact that they are going just doesn't feel right or makes sense in any way, first episode that i just felt "Ok" with.
May 26, 2018 6:53 AM

Jan 2013
ade-pewe said:
Lynfield said:

For now, from the villain that already appeared in this arc, it seems Deku won't face villains that has brute force like muscular, except if they face another Nomu, All for One (That is new episode title) of course All Might himself will face him.

That upgraded Nobu thing seems really powerful tho, and i was thinking him to face with Midoriya. But we don't know yet if there's another villain.
May 26, 2018 6:58 AM
Mar 2018
The first arc of this season was enjoyable but it was nothing extraordinary for me, i didn't feel bored but wasn't enticed to watch the next episode either. Now this episode was really good, it felt like a big turnaround. Idk if it was because of the music or the choices and emotional moments that were carried out but it felt intense and interesting, unlike the previous episode i wasn't always looking at the episode time and wandering what would be the cliffhanger this time, 5/5. (i didn't explain myself very well ik). favourite part : the music on the train scene reminded me of battlefield 4 sound tack and got me hyped
May 26, 2018 7:07 AM
Jul 2017
deg said:

and damn next episode is more hype since All For One will finally show up

You damn right she is!!
May 26, 2018 7:13 AM

Dec 2017
well, not a bad episode, but it's still just a build-up episode. they next one is gonna be too. the only anticipated things about this are the fights and how they will be animated. kinda starting to grow apathy toward the anime
May 26, 2018 7:25 AM
Jan 2018
Yeah, today's episode is just moving the chess pieces in a way to get hyped for next week's episode!! <3 But overall a good episode.
May 26, 2018 7:40 AM

Mar 2016
Finally an episode that isn't rush or slow as hell! The music choices were gorgeous and animation was on point this time. Hope they keep this up throwout the entire arc.
All for One coming next episode. The blood massacre is about to start.

azertz99May 26, 2018 7:44 AM
May 26, 2018 7:48 AM
Jan 2017
Momo being precious AF

Also, Deku's Mom giving us some foreshadowing
May 26, 2018 7:51 AM

Dec 2016
Bakugo ain't bout that mofuckin life!!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 26, 2018 7:54 AM

Sep 2017
Wish they would have listened to Iida. The plan of rescue without fighting is pretty stupid if you ask me. Those outfits fly af tho, and Bakugo was being a badass.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Song name?

infinite_Shadows - May 27

8 by matthewy2006 »»
May 28, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

124 by Darzaka »»
May 26, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

468 by AndoRando »»
May 16, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

188 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 14, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2018

161 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
May 14, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.