3It was OK
6.9%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
2.8%
Average 4.5
72 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 22, 2015 12:36 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

It's out.

Mod Edit: Removed link to non-fair-use material.
_Ghost_Sep 4, 2015 5:44 AM
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Aug 22, 2015 12:50 AM

Oct 2014
Well now I don't know what to think...
Aug 22, 2015 12:57 AM

Apr 2013
Exayda said:
Well now I don't know what to think...

Same... Don't know how this will end.

But dam, I feel like Wave is literally the only sane person in this series, I hope he lives and maybe get a power up (as kind of foreshadowed this chapter).
Aug 22, 2015 1:27 AM
Apr 2013
first time that there are no deaths after a fight between two teigu users.
Aug 22, 2015 7:52 AM

Oct 2014
Comparing to the anime this would be the end of episode 22.

Next month the battle at the Capital should begin.

Interested about the conversation, I knew Wave wasnt gonna get TNJd by Akame.

Aug 22, 2015 10:14 AM
Sep 2014
Nice fight, Akame held her own against Wave this time around. Seems like they also brought up AgK Zero for a bit. Sigh, everyone stopped translating that series; not surprised seeing as to how lame its getting. I can see its potential but its starting to drag on with a new group of fodder every chapter.

SirJosh said:
first time that there are no deaths after a fight between two teigu users.

I guess it is, unless you can count the time Wave and Tatsumi fought, or the time Wave fights against Akame, Mein, and Lubbock. Now that I think about it, Wave never killed someone nor finished his fight before.

Also: was this the only chapter without Tatsumi in it? Akame is finally getting the screentime she heavily needs/deserves.
Teedog12Aug 22, 2015 10:23 AM
Aug 22, 2015 1:51 PM

May 2009
Fingering of Akame's ass was high point of this chapter.
Aug 23, 2015 3:33 PM
Feb 2015
Hey, can you guys read Korean, or is the translation somewhere else?
Aug 23, 2015 7:00 PM
Jan 2015
Man, and I though the time when Chelsea pulls up Akame's skirt was something.
Aug 23, 2015 7:58 PM

Apr 2013
Nickk1095 said:
Hey, can you guys read Korean, or is the translation somewhere else?

Idk about others, I just read the korean.
Aug 28, 2015 6:38 PM
Mar 2015
So is this manga not popular enough to e translated? Is that it no demand?
Aug 29, 2015 5:16 AM

Dec 2013
Here is part of Akame/Wave's convo translated

Unlike Akame, who was trained in the mountains, Kurome was artificially strengthened in an underground facility where she was continually infused with drugs and chemicals. She is now dependent on them.
These drugs do strengthen Kurome, but it causes a strain on the brain and drastically shortens Kurome's lifespan. Akame recently learned that Kurome's mental state could also go awry with continued use of the drug, which she continues to ingest mixed in with her snacks. Wave tries to deny this but can't.
Akame wants Wave to bring out Kurome so they can have their fight to the death.
There is a spring of sorts which has the properties of being able to extract the drug out of Kurome's body, where Akame wanted to take Kurome to wean her off the drug and expand her lifespan again. Kurome thought this would be a betrayal to her fallen comrades and resists. Akame wanted to take her there even by force, but was not strong enough, cue expression of bitterness.
Wave exclaims that if this was the case and Kurome was suffering so much, shouldn't Akame be by her side?
Akame cannot leave the comrades she has met along her journey. She continually tries to convince Wave to bring Kurome out so they can have their fight to the death, saying that killing Kurome is the best thing she can do as her sister.
Wave freaks out and says Akame is a shit sister and blasts off, expecting her to chase him. She doesn't, and returns to Night Raid.
Wave is back, Kurome checks him for injuries and possible poison but finds nothing. She says he has a nice body. Wave takes this chance to ask Kurome again about fighting Akame. Kurome answers with a smile that of course she still wants to fight her, as that way they can be together forever. Wave is in disbelief over the two sisters' logic.
Meanwhile at Night Raid, Leone grabs Akame's ass.
Akame is in top physical form due to her refreshing massage, but is still bitter that she couldn't get Wave to bring out Kurome.
Sep 1, 2015 12:47 PM

Oct 2014
MS needs to just drop this already if they can't even get a chapter out on time.
Sep 1, 2015 11:12 PM

Mar 2014
GC-Wave said:
MS needs to just drop this already if they can't even get a chapter out on time.
I know, fuck! They should give it back to Psylocke Scans because not only did they do it on time, they also did Zero.
Sep 1, 2015 11:25 PM

Jan 2008
^Also, Psy's translations were much, MUCH better. So
GC-Wave said:
MS needs to just drop this already
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Sep 3, 2015 12:59 PM

Oct 2014
Glad it's out on Manga Stream now. I have to say, that chapter was a little more intense than I expected. I'm pretty sure that death is approaching...
Sep 3, 2015 1:26 PM

Mar 2013
I am reminded of Kingsmen, particularly the part where something serious has happened before being ended with an anal joke.
Sep 3, 2015 1:53 PM

Oct 2014
It made perfect sense how Akame fared better vs Wave here than in their previous meeting.

Sep 3, 2015 2:20 PM

Oct 2011
And it's finally revealed that Wave was NEVER able to beat Akame,Mine and Lubbock at the same time with ease, can you guys understand now?

Wave is strong but saying he "easily" beat those 3 like that is just ridiculous.
Also people saying Akame had no chance whatsoever on beating Wave only because Murasame can't easily pierce through Grand Chariot, well once again you're all wrong.

It's amazing how people can be THAT blind, Wave is strong, but don't forget we actually NEVER seen Akame fighting on a close fight or something like that, all of her enemies except for Budou and Esdeath were weaklings, I may be wrong, but I really don't remember Akame fighting anyone on her level or similar.

Once again this was the first time we actually ever seen a serious Akame fight and it's stated that she's clearly above Wave's level.

Also I can't help but think that the author as been putting hints to how strong Akame is, since a long time ago in the battle of the cathedral where she killed Borick, whenever Akame appears on the empire they just freak out(even Budou and Esdeath did this), they never care about any other NR member except for Akame, yes she had connections to the empire but if they knew her potential isn't that's even more of a reason to be feared?

I know I'm being extremly biased here but I really can't help but feel very suspicious about Akame's strength.
-ZET-Sep 3, 2015 2:59 PM
Sep 3, 2015 2:20 PM

Jan 2014
Akame is all fired up now! she will go on a killing spree if you mess with Night Raid.

I want to grab a piece of Akame's ass!
Kensai-SerazuSep 3, 2015 2:29 PM
Sep 3, 2015 2:22 PM

Apr 2014
Well the conversation was pretty cool. It is too bad that the fight was not really concluded between Akame and Wave. Though I believe Wave would've lost. And no more grand Chariot. I hope to see more abilities of Grand Chariot in the future. This will determine if the armor is stronger than Incursio. Though this can be unlikely. But who knows what the author might do.
Sep 3, 2015 3:13 PM

Jan 2015
-ZET- said:
And it's finally revealed that Wave was NEVER able to beat Akame,Mine and Lubbock at the same time with ease, can you guys understand now?

Wave is strong but saying he "easily" beat those 3 like that is just ridiculous.
Also people saying Akame had no chance whatsoever on beating Wave only because Murasame can't easily pierce through Grand Chariot, well once again you're all wrong.

It's amazing how people can be THAT blind, Wave is strong, but don't forget we actually NEVER seen Akame fighting on a close fight or something like that, all of her enemies except for Budou and Esdeath were weaklings, I may be wrong, but I really don't remember Akame fighting anyone on her level or similar.

Once again this was the first time we actually ever seen a serious Akame fight and it's stated that she's clearly above Wave's level.

Also I can't help but think that the author as been putting hints to how strong Akame is, since a long time ago in the battle of the cathedral where she killed Borick, whenever Akame appears on the empire they just freak out(even Budou and Esdeath did this), they never care about any other NR member except for Akame, yes she had connections to the empire but if they knew her potential isn't that's even more of a reason to be feared?

I know I'm being extremly biased here but I really can't help but feel very suspicious about Akame's strength.

Akame is feared only because Murasame, which is a pretty unfair teigu killing someone with just a scratch. Don't forget how a serious Budou deal with her : a single bitchslap.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Sep 3, 2015 3:24 PM

Oct 2011
toncue12 said:

Akame is feared only because Murasame, which is a pretty unfair teigu killing someone with just a scratch. Don't forget how a serious Budou deal with her : a single bitchslap.

It took a lot more than a single slap to deal with Akame, including clashing with Esdeath, and to be honest Esdeath and Budou are exceptions but the point is that Murasame isn't the only thing dangerous of Akame and this chapter is the perfect answer to it.

Also Esdeath herself countered Murasame pretty easily only by putting an ice block in front of the blade and in this chapter a guy who has an full-body armor that previously was intended to "fully counter" Murasame had trouble dealing with her, if that isn't enough info to get this, I don't know what it is.
-ZET-Sep 3, 2015 3:44 PM
Sep 3, 2015 5:28 PM

Dec 2013
This chapter continues to show that Wave is the most sane person in this series.
Sep 3, 2015 6:01 PM

Oct 2014
G_Spark233 said:
This chapter continues to show that Wave is the most sane person in this series.

True, however, he's also the most incompetent.
Sep 3, 2015 6:02 PM

Nov 2011
Ah, Wave trying to save the sisters...very noble of him. Well no one interrupted that fight nor did we get a victor. Pretty sure Akame would of won in the end.
Sep 3, 2015 6:15 PM
Sep 2015
The fight between Akame and Wave was better before it was translated. Wave was shown to be completely outclassed and he knew it. Akame is on another level (an overpowered one), so it would've only been a matter of time had they kept fighting. I would've liked for the fight to have been closer or for Akame to at least feel she was in danger at some point.

Wave is way weaker than he should be. If it wasn't for his armored teigu he dies with Akame's first strike. He was literally getting slashed at will. Akame even told him her strategy and he couldn't stop her from cutting him in the same spot.

He just became irrelevant for the rest of the manga. While he has the most interesting ship, it won't last because Akame will probably kill Kurome in the next chapter or two. If anything Akame should have killed wave, preferably in front of Kurome thus igniting some kind of fire within her.

He's not on the list of people the revolution needs dead so he's irrelevant in terms of the empire vs revolution war which is pretty much the entire plot.

Last but not least, when you look at the remaining people on both sides, he's not strong enough to make a difference in a final confrontation of main characters. He can't beat Akame or Tyrant Tatsumi.

As Wave was leaving the battle with Akame he did say, "I have to get stronger," but there's no way he can get a power up that isn't an asspull without a time skip.

It seems like Wave is going to play the role of survivor. The guy who carries no bad blood with anyone who was there to see it all and lives to tell the story.
Sep 3, 2015 6:31 PM

Oct 2011
WhiteWolfEyes21 said:

As Wave was leaving the battle with Akame he did say, "I have to get stronger," but there's no way he can get a power up that isn't an asspull without a time skip

Well Tatsumi did that and if Wave is supposed to be similar to him, he'll aswell get a 1chapter power up from just nothing.
Sep 3, 2015 6:34 PM

Oct 2013
Interesting discussion between those two, I also hope we get a romance subplot between wave and kurome. Also its feel like its been a while since I've seen Esdeath. Overal solid chapter. 4/5.
Sep 3, 2015 6:46 PM

Apr 2015
Well, as the #1 Kurome fan on the site, i approve of this chapter. Best one we have had for a while.

Wave's fight with Akame was impressive, but a bit underwhelming. Although, i'm very glad Wave realized that he could not beat Akame. And that's another thing! I am so happy that its finally been revealed that Wave is not as strong as Akame, and most likely Kurome. This means there is a very high chance that if Tatsumi went all out, Wave would get destroyed.

And i'm not very sure about his vow to get even more stronger, since you can tell the manga will end soon. Unless we get a time skip, or Wave just evolves like a Pokemon, he ain't getting much stronger. But who knows, we have barely seen anything Grand Chariot can do. Maybe it can evolve just like Tatsumi's? And Wave has just been spamming GRAND FALL for this entire series. I'm very interested to see his capabilities. And alot more about his backstory. If he even has one. There was something hinted about in this chapter, but he seems to have an average Joe background.

Did anyone else notice that the writing style suddenly changed from a narration perspective during there fight? Where the hell did that come from, who's talking about this? XD It was very odd to get used to. Hope that does not stay forever.

I'm really sad to hear even more about my girls backstory, and the withdraw systems of the drugs. Even made me cry a bit. :( If she stops taking them she can get seizures? That's awful!

You know, i always said i am against Kurome dying by the end of the series, (Hell, i even made a top 5 reasons why.) but after hearing this, maybe it is best to just put her out of her misery. She's most likely going to have to live in pain anyway, it may be best. :(

And i know for a goddamn fact she is not teaming up with night raid. Or becoming "Good." I literally can't picture her not being screwed up in the head, in some way.

Good job Takahiro. Keep up the good work!
Mugetsu-Sep 3, 2015 6:56 PM
Sep 3, 2015 7:18 PM

Oct 2011
Relinquish022 said:

Did anyone else notice that the writing style suddenly changed from a narration perspective during there fight? Where the hell did that come from, who's talking about this? XD It was very odd to get used to. Hope that does not stay forever.

This also happened when Akame killed Borick and when she dealt with those guys from Dorothea.

Also I agree with you about killing Kurome, it really is the best choice as there is also no way this "God Secret Hotspring" will save her, if that does, I don't even know what I'm going to do.

Talking about this Hot spring, I really really hate the idea of even the existence of such thing, simply put this is gonna be some bullshit way for the author to simply make Mine return or something similar.
-ZET-Sep 3, 2015 7:22 PM
Sep 3, 2015 7:31 PM
Sep 2015
-ZET- said:
WhiteWolfEyes21 said:

As Wave was leaving the battle with Akame he did say, "I have to get stronger," but there's no way he can get a power up that isn't an asspull without a time skip

Well Tatsumi did that and if Wave is supposed to be similar to him, he'll aswell get a 1chapter power up from just nothing.

Relinquish022 said:
And i'm not very sure about his vow to get even more stronger, since you can tell the manga will end soon. Unless we get a time skip, or Wave just evolves like a Pokemon, he ain't getting much stronger. But who knows, we have barely seen anything Grand Chariot can do. Maybe it can evolve just like Tatsumi's? And Wave has just been spamming GRAND FALL for this entire series. I'm very interested to see his capabilities. And alot more about his backstory. If he even has one. There was something hinted about in this chapter, but he seems to have an average Joe background.

I hope something happens with Wave. Kurome is literally the only person who cares if Wave lives or dies, and her days are numbered. Akame vs Kurome seems like destiny and we all know who's winning that.

Wave isn't relevant in terms of bringing down the empire, and this chapter just showed that he isn't relevant as a threat to the main characters. Akame still has a trump card up her sleeve and Tatsumi has Tyrant mode. Both are being saved for Esdeath.

Najenda told Akame not to waste time focusing on non targets(aka Wave doesn't matter). Doesn't get anymore clear than that. This is why I wanted Wave to be stronger. I wanted him to establish himself as a force that can't be ignored. Making his mark so to speak.
Sep 3, 2015 7:51 PM

Dec 2011
Well, seems like we have finally seen Akame having a goal, she never really revealed this kind of thing before (except killing Kurome), so saving her even with the small amount of possibility is what she is holding on too.

This chapter has also given us more insight on what goes on her head in battle and experience. Love the reference in AKG Zero too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2015 7:59 PM

Feb 2011
Waiting to see if Najenda will actually end up in combat again
Sep 3, 2015 8:03 PM

Apr 2015
I find this whole chapter to be very, very ironic.

This chapter just confirmed that Wave is now useless. His only purpose is Kurome's emotional pillar. One of my theories along time ago was that Wave would die in someway, and be Kurome's ultimate puppet. But that theory is gone. He can't do shit anymore, except take out cannon fodder and occasionally a minor antagonist if the writing allows it. A.K.A Syura. And Syura was just the lap dog of an even bigger antagonist!

At this point, i'm going to estimate that Wave is slightly stronger, or just about as strong as Leone. But that's his full potential right now. Once again, a time skip or grand chariot evolving would even the odds, (And i'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the ladder will happen, since its been bashed into our skulls that Wave and Tatsumi are near identical in every way.) but he is completely outclassed now.

And i'd just like to once again point out that Takahiro has brutally, yet cleverly written Kurome into a corner. There is basically no way out for her character. You know, except the healing well of bullshit. And in all honesty, why try to even extend her life at this point? Its a damn near impossibility, but lets say her psyche can recover. That's going to take alot of time. And as Akame said, the springs healing properties vary. Who knows if she has that time? Maybe some big emotional speech when there final fight happens may change her, but its very unlikely.

Figures my favorite character in the series gets the death flag. =.=
Sep 3, 2015 8:05 PM

May 2012
Dat booty ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wave's a nice guy, but those noble ideals are getting old. There's also pretty much nothing he can do for Kurome's case but he still clings to her and tries to protect her. Hell, even he knows she's batshit crazy at this point.

Welp, I'm not really expecting much from Wave at this point since the final battle seems to be approaching pretty soon, unless he also gets a sudden boost like Tatsumi.

Sep 3, 2015 9:53 PM

Nov 2014
Takes forever for chapters..

Sep 4, 2015 1:22 AM

Aug 2010
That was good. Made me like Akame more. She's BA!
Loved how they talked it out.
This way Wave is in full perspective and he shouldn't be in the dark anymore.

Dat Ass Massage :L

Looking forward to Akame and Leone's nxt mission
Sep 4, 2015 2:23 AM

Jan 2011
Wow, this chapter was really good. I really liked the dialogue between Wave and Akame. I'm glad that Wave listened to what Akame had to say and didn't just brush her off. He definitely cares for Kurome but doesn't want them to face each other. Still, I'm pretty sure Akame vs Kurome is inevitable at this point. That little cute moment between Wave and Kurome was nice; Kurome checking out Wave's abs. xD Leone giving Akame a nice 'massage', very nice. ; ) Overall, great chapter!
Sep 4, 2015 4:32 AM

Sep 2014
Nice guy Wave, too bad he still can't get through his thickhead that there's no changing from the inside.
That ass massage doe.
Kurome checking Wave's body ^^, sad she doesn't have much long to live by the way things look.
Sep 4, 2015 4:58 AM
Apr 2015
Good chapter,but still Why leona has to go with akame :(... I don't want her to die again.
Sep 4, 2015 6:24 AM

Oct 2010
I bet Wave will evolve after an (very common shounen) emotional moment later on.. maybe something with Kurome or his last stand justice feels.

Who is going to die in the following chapters~ :3
Sep 4, 2015 7:16 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
No Tatsumi? I guess it's ok since we got to see Akame's ass get groped from Liane.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Sep 4, 2015 7:54 AM

May 2014
Quite a nice chapter. Surely one of the best ones for the past few ones.
Sep 4, 2015 8:12 AM

Oct 2014
Good chapter, cool to see Akme talk about Kurome with Wave. I wonder how Wave will handle the situation.

And that ass grope though ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2015 8:16 AM

Apr 2008
And Akame just forgets her initial goal to take Wave's Teigu in order to setup a confrontation. Is the author even trying at this point? forgetting plot elements he put up in the first place
Sep 4, 2015 11:36 AM

Aug 2013
Maybe this sounds a bit dumb,but I think Wave should go through a mental change,so he would be more suited for battle.

The narration pinpointed this out too,he has the strength,but he lacks the focus,he still is unexperienced compared to assasins.

So maybe his "power up" won't be a physical,but a mental one. This could be done in a chapter,or maybe the trigger for this will be Kurome's death.
Sep 4, 2015 12:55 PM

Aug 2014
As expected Akame owned Wave, now i'm hoping she finally puts an end to Kurome.
Sep 4, 2015 1:42 PM

Oct 2011
Darklight0303 said:
And Akame just forgets her initial goal to take Wave's Teigu in order to setup a confrontation. Is the author even trying at this point? forgetting plot elements he put up in the first place

Maybe it was a mistranslation?I always thought it was very strange that particular line, out of nowhere Akame throws out there that she wants to capture Grand Chariot, like what?

I mean I understand that this is strange but there's no way the author forgot about something like that, right?
Sep 4, 2015 1:46 PM

May 2013
Welp. At least they revealed the reason why Akame wants to fight Kurome and Wave's point was right at some points but I disagree to some of his points. Overall, nice chap.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

G_Spark233 - Nov 20, 2016

115 by James-LastOmnic »»
May 30, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 54 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 21, 2014

755 by James-LastOmnic »»
May 27, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IdentityAngel - Jan 14, 2014

81 by James-LastOmnic »»
May 26, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.