3It was OK
12.4%
2Disliked it
2.0%
1Hated it
1.0%
Average 4.3
603 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2014 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, we get to know some of the other members a little this episode. It felt more like a build up but I feel like Akane knows what she is doing. I just love her confidence this season so far unlike ...Mika. Didn't take long for the crime to take place already this episode though. I'd expect that the culprit has quite a high PP level.

This case's ending sure didn't go well...sigh.
Stark700Oct 16, 2014 11:13 AM
Oct 16, 2014 9:32 AM

Nov 2007
Hmmmm.... the main girl is trusting the new members because of the past experience. There's still mysteries to that guy they caught in ep.1. That someone called Kamuri is instructing him to commit crime again, and able to change the setting of the status.

Toriumi-san's character, the therapist? The main girl taking a break with his suggestion, but that was short.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 16, 2014 10:12 AM

May 2009
Dawwwww
Oct 16, 2014 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
bastek66 said:
Dawwwww
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Well that only means Akane really missed Kougami (Like me!) right?
And by having a deep thought about this episode, There's a possibility that "Kamui" wasn't a bad guy he might be just mocking Sibyl System because It's (Sybil System) really not a good system as the others was thinking.

And I'm really thinking that Tougane guy could replace my urge to see Kougami I wish he would be bad ass later on like Kougami!
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 16, 2014 10:32 AM

Aug 2013
Actually much better than last one.
4/5

hmmmmm
rsc-plOct 16, 2014 10:40 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 16, 2014 10:45 AM

Aug 2010
bastek66 said:
Dawwwww

Yeah, she really misses him ^^

Still want Mika dead <_<

I'm really liking how BA Akane is here :D And while that Shisui guy thought she didn't understand, she actually did and it was that other investigator's fault for shooting <_<

Pretty interesting so far.
Oct 16, 2014 10:47 AM
Jan 2014
This Kamui fellow is already looking very similar to Re: Hamatora's Art. Which as of right now, is a bad thing. That however is just a first impression. I hope the scriptwriter has learned from his mistakes and doesn't screw up the antagonist this time.

In the meantime, Tougane feels very suspicious to me. Ever since I saw the spoilerific OP animation sequence in the previous episode, he's been under my radar. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but that's tainting his character at the moment in my opinion. Speaking of the OP, the new theme song has been growing on me. That's probably going to be the case with the ED theme song as well.

I'm glad at least Division 2 is participating in this case. They felt very insignificant in S1. I hope they do something with Aoyanagi's character and not make her a plot device further in. I know she's a supporting character and all, but I like her cooperation with Akane so far.

Hmm, it seems that Mika has taken a liking to Yayoi, wink wink.
Anyway, this episode was much better than the previous one indeed.
Oct 16, 2014 10:49 AM

Sep 2014
Akane's not actually smoking, right? She just wants the smell?

-Resident- said:

Haha yeah. In the previous episode they made the effort of making a shot where Mika was gazing at Yayoi after she jumped to her safety. She cried in her arms in S1 and Yayoi is probably the only person Mika respects, and perhaps Yayoi was her inspiration to work for the MWSP in the first place.
SaveTheAralSeaOct 16, 2014 10:54 AM
Oct 16, 2014 10:54 AM

Jun 2014
I'm not sure why she thought she had the right to shoot the guy when Division 1 was taking care of it and already had him at gunpoint.
Oct 16, 2014 10:59 AM

Sep 2008
bastek66 said:
Dawwwww

Right in the kokoro!

Why I had feeling that Shou Hinakawa is Makishima Shougo, because they both voiced by Sakurai Takahiro xD
Oct 16, 2014 11:03 AM
Jun 2014
The smoking scene has to be an homage to Kogami, right? Or am I think too much and she just got into smoking lol?

Good episode, looks like the new antagonist has some sort of history with Akane.
Oct 16, 2014 11:05 AM

Jan 2013
Still thinking about Hinakawa Shou having the same VA as Makishima Shougo... I know it's probably nothing, but still... It makes me suspicious of him.

mac9955 said:
The smoking scene has to be an homage to Kogami, right? Or am I think too much and she just got into smoking lol?

Good episode, looks like the new antagonist has some sort of history with Akane.

Well, she doesn't smoke them, like you saw in the episode :) She just lights them.
TyrelOct 16, 2014 1:23 PM
Oct 16, 2014 11:12 AM
Oct 2014
There is definitely a link between the airplane in the opening and the girl that was used as a Hologram that died in a airplane crash.

I'm pretty sure it will be a big thing in the main plot, so keep looking out for clues that refer to that people!
Oct 16, 2014 11:19 AM

May 2014
I'm really getting a Makashima type vibe from the new villain. Also, is it just me, or does Tougane really remind me of Kogami, with all the smoking and physical practice he's doing.

Also, fuck Mika for disrespecting Ginoza like that.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Oct 16, 2014 11:23 AM
May 2014
Maybe Akane doesn't know the antagonist, but he seems to have more than usual intel on her, iow
her opinion on Sybil and the dominators..which I assume she keeps (mostly) quiet about.
I don't think he would have said what he did otherwise.
It wouldn't surprise me if it tied back to S1 in some manner.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 16, 2014 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
bastek66 said:
Dawwwww

That's pretty cute, the smell of the cigarette keeps his presence close to her.

Tougane seems like Kogami 2.0 hopefully he changes his character later on. I'm curious how the hologram is gonna play into the story, and Mika is just as annoying as she was in the first episode.
Oct 16, 2014 11:31 AM

Jan 2013
I still think that having another villain doesn't sounds right, but the mistery is makkng things interesting.
Oct 16, 2014 11:32 AM
Jan 2014
SaveTheAralSea said:

-Resident- said:

Haha yeah. In the previous episode they made the effort of making a shot where Mika was gazing at Yayoi after she jumped to her safety. She cried in her arms in S1 and Yayoi is probably the only person Mika respects, and perhaps Yayoi was her inspiration to work for the MWSP in the first place.

I'm happy that she hasn't lost her respect for Yayoi. Their dialogues don't feel as awkward and that's the the only redeeming trait in Mika so far. I hope there's going to be some form of a backstory or an overview of her experience with the MWPSB before the S2 timeskip, since she is a main character and all.
Oct 16, 2014 11:32 AM

Jun 2014
LPGeneratorx said:
I'm really getting a Makashima type vibe from the new villain. Also, is it just me, or does Tougane really remind me of Kogami, with all the smoking and physical practice he's doing.

Totally agree, but back in season 1 it was Ginoza who didn't respect Kogami out of fear.

Oct 16, 2014 11:35 AM
Mar 2013
want kougami NOW T3T
Oct 16, 2014 11:35 AM

Aug 2012
I actually loved that scene with Akane (not) smoking, and not just because of the implied feelings. It was a really good piece of timely characterization for the current her. Last episode showed her to be this ultra confident and experienced Inspector who could handle any situation without issue a la Kougami, and didn't really give a glimpse into her remaining inconsistencies and conflicts. That's why some people had issues with as strong as she was conveyed to be.

That scene should quell those issues as it re-established her vulnerable side and made her feel very genuine.

That said, I do feel like there's so much emphasis on her change in how she thinks and handles situations as a Inspector, that other characters like Tougane and Shou are missing out on necessary characterization. Of course, this could be on purpose to maintain the aura of intrigue and mystery around them, but I still feel like at least Tougane could really use that characterization.

I'm still liking the involvement of Division 2. They sort of alluded to the extra scene with Aoyanagi and her former Enforcer, which makes me think that's going to hold some importance, even if just to characterize her and set her up for a similar situation(maybe with Ginoza?)

Mika is still Mika, but at least we saw her being kind of playful with Gino, I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing them develop a nice relationship(cause she ain't gonna develop one with Yayoi, at least not the kind she wants)

The eerie mystery surrounding Kamui is done well I think, it's keeping me engaged and thinking about where his ideals are going and what they came from. Seeing him actually cry for Kitazawa was weird, it's really hard to get an idea on his character. One thing is certain though, is that he is not remotely a Makishima Shougo copy. The compiled mystery in general is definitely not lacking with all the aspects it's coming at us with, holo girl-plane crash, Kamui clearing hues, going after Akane, etc.

-Resident- said:

In the meantime, Tougane feels very suspicious to me. Ever since I saw the spoilerific OP animation sequence in the previous episode, he's been under my radar. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but that's tainting his character at the moment in my opinion.

I know what you mean. We've got these sort of confused expectations on him being connected to Sybil and taking Kougami's role in some way with all the mirroring they're doing. So when we should be paying attention to conversational queues for the sake of characterization, we're too inclined to look for hints as to how he's being suspicious and how we can connect it to the foreshadowing.
AlexTheRiotOct 16, 2014 11:43 AM
Oct 16, 2014 11:37 AM
Jun 2014
Gal3riel said:
want kougami NOW T3T

In my opinion, the way they are doing it now is better. Keep viewers engaged without Kougami, give subtle hints(like the cigarette scene), and have him appear later in the series so everyone shits themselves and it does a nice setup for the movie.
Oct 16, 2014 11:44 AM

Mar 2013
Hmm... It seems Kamui is not just any name. Apparently, it's a divine being in Ainu mythology. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamuy .
Oct 16, 2014 11:49 AM

Jan 2013
That was pretty interesting. Akane's confidence is really something that makes me happy.
And the scene with the cigarettes was adorable <3 We all miss Kougami ^^
It's getting more and more exciting. Can't wait for the next episode.

Oct 16, 2014 11:57 AM

Dec 2011
The episode was good and I'm still missing a certain character that's yet to appear.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 16, 2014 11:59 AM

Jun 2014
bastek66 said:
Dawwwww

Sooooooooooo cute, Kougami lives on! She misses him as much as we do lol.

LPGeneratorx said:

Right? Hands down the most annoying moment so far. I want her dead already.

I have a feeling Tougane is involved. That scene when Akana was in the car talking about how someone helped Kitazawa & then Tougane gets in the car, it felt weird. But if it's not him it's someone else from the bureau imo.
Oct 16, 2014 12:07 PM

Sep 2014
WATER CLOSET.
Oct 16, 2014 12:08 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
bastek66 said:
Dawwwww
This was so cute lol

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to love the "antagonist" guy now...He just keeps on getting me interested in him

Even though I get why Mika acts the way she does, she is still just so annoying...But it looks like she likes Yayoi lol
Oct 16, 2014 12:09 PM
Jun 2014
God Mika, I just hate you, you and stupid face so damn much. Insulting Ginoza like for no reason.

Other than that, solid episode.
Oct 16, 2014 12:14 PM

Dec 2012
darkreaver94 said:
WC? As in White Color(WC)/clear psycho pass? Is it possible that it is also an inside job as well? I doubt that Kamui is the only villain here.

This or he could be delivering a message. I'll watch the episode once again later, but it looked like he miscalculated something and didn't want the bomber to die after all (?)

Hinakawa is cute.
Oct 16, 2014 12:18 PM

May 2012
Akane and her second hand smoking promblems.

Must say to me this was better than the first. We get to see how Alane has changed and see how she handles discussions as a boss. Mika is still a bitch. This plot is kind of strange to me like how it was back in the first season. WC? What color? I didn't understand why he thought he could still be saved. I mean he just blew like 10 people up. Feel like our main villain won't be able to live up to the last. Anyway great character development for Akane.

4/5
AntearionOct 16, 2014 3:24 PM
Oct 16, 2014 12:19 PM

Jun 2013
11 episodes is definetly too little.
Oct 16, 2014 12:20 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Mika had no choice but to blush under the devastating gaze of Yayoi.

I loved the smokes bit. Good characterization.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 16, 2014 12:21 PM
Jun 2014
RagingMan said:
11 episodes is definetly too little.

Did they ever say if the movie is a conclusion to the series? If not, I could see their being more. The story is deep enough to explore for few more cours, I think.
Oct 16, 2014 12:29 PM
Oct 2010
I don't get these other investigators, do they not understand the concept of information gathering?
Oct 16, 2014 12:31 PM
Mar 2014
this isn't really doing anything thusfar.. it's just kinda happening. not too bad but not really anything amazing.

akane continues to be the funniest-looking protagonist of all time
Oct 16, 2014 1:09 PM

Oct 2013
Fudge Kogami. Appear already. Akane's hurting herself
Oct 16, 2014 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
It's not bad but the culprit was acting way to unnaturaly to the point of being cheesy.
Oct 16, 2014 1:22 PM

Oct 2014
culprit was acting way to unnaturaly to the point of being cheesy

^^ this this

didn't really enjoyed it

other than that it was decent episode
Oct 16, 2014 1:24 PM

Jul 2014
3/5

Decent episode. The bomber guy is as cheesy as it gets
Oct 16, 2014 1:43 PM

Nov 2012
Not liking it,
I was hoping for the new villain to be just as messed up as Shougo, but I guess he is just as silly as Akane.
Well, I guess it makes sense since first season was Kogami vs. Shougo rivalry, so this season will be Akane vs. that guy.

Anyway, is Mika interested in Yayoi?????????

Akane smoking cause she misses Kogami was a nice, but also a bit lame considering how she was supposed to be the cool and matured inspector after the time skip and events from first season.
Oct 16, 2014 1:51 PM

Aug 2012
jose21 said:

Akane smoking cause she misses Kogami was a nice, but also a bit lame considering how she was supposed to be the cool and matured inspector after the time skip and events from first season.
Wouldn't it be weirder if she didn't have any flaws or conflicts? People would be complaining that she has no depth anymore and she's just an OP Kougami-type detective copy.
Oct 16, 2014 1:53 PM

Apr 2014
Not liking the new inspectors much.
Oct 16, 2014 1:57 PM

Nov 2012
AlexTheRiot said:
jose21 said:

Wouldn't it be weirder if she didn't have any flaws or conflicts? People would be complaining that she has no depth anymore and she's just an OP Kougami-type detective copy.

Ok, so her flaw is that she is acting like a teenager in love. I mean, come on I don't want her to be perfect, she actually has quite a few things that are annoying, but acting like a teenager in love is a bit lame.
Oct 16, 2014 2:03 PM

Jan 2014
Barion-Zara said:
bastek66 said:
Dawwwww

Yeah, she really misses him

I miss him too ;_; he better come back soon. Tougane can never replace him!!

This new villain seems somewhat innocent but in a sick and twisted kind of way... Like he has good intentions but he's just insane. He's kind of like makishima bc he's helping people with high crime coefficients by making their hues clear, but makishima only helped out people to troll society lol. I feel like this guy actually believes in his cause (hence the tears). It'll be interesting when he meets Akane.
laputiaMar 23, 2020 12:22 AM
Oct 16, 2014 2:08 PM
Jul 2014
Mika is really really really pissing me off. She has no clue the hell Akane or Gino went through. The fact that she had the balls to say Gino quit is what really pisses me off. I really hope she dies soon or gets that stick out of her ass.
Oct 16, 2014 2:08 PM

Aug 2012
jose21 said:

Ok, so her flaw is that she is acting like a teenager in love. I mean, come on I don't want her to be perfect, she actually has quite a few things that are annoying, but acting like a teenager in love is a bit lame.
I shouldn't have said flaws, because now you're twisting words. Just think about it as way of showing she still has inner conflicts and vulnerabilities. She's not "acting like a teenager in love," she's just clinging to something that made her the detective she is and that she's trying to live up to now.
Oct 16, 2014 2:10 PM
Jul 2012
Please tell me that Shinya is going to appear! Looking at the character list it doesn't seem like he's not much an important character or not even one in the second season. He has to come back! Actually more like he needs to come back!
Oct 16, 2014 2:11 PM

Jul 2013
Good episode.

Mika giving Gino a hard time is hilarious and it looks like she has a soft spot for Yayoi. I would not be surprised at all if she comes to care for the enforcers throughout the season, if not becoming one herself.

Villain already seems very different from Shogo with how upset he became after the bomber's death. Gino's old therapist must have some connection to him as he somehow knew that Akane had been smoking despite Gino, who was literally standing right next to her, being totally oblivious. Very suspicious if she's only been lighting cigarettes in her apartment, the one that now has a "WC" sign on the wall. I remember something seemed off about his eyes too. Perhaps he's been replaced by a cyborg or another holo?

I wonder Symmetrical face inspector is still MIA and what's happening to her... I'm guessing her face won't be so symmetrical next time we see her.
Oct 16, 2014 2:12 PM

Aug 2012
jjrocks24 said:
Please tell me that Shinya is going to appear! Looking at the character list it doesn't seem like he's not much an important character or not even one in the second season. He has to come back! Actually more like he needs to come back!
Along with all the OP foreshadowing, I'd say the eventual appearance of Saiga-sensei will lead us to Kou's appearance.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

536 by DesolatePsyche »»
May 26, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

641 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

264 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

336 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

354 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 7, 4:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.