Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2009 3:08 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This show is quickly becoming one of my all time favorites. I knew that it would be either Maya or Ayumi who got the role of Helen Keller, what I didn't expect was both of them to be cast in the role. This show can be surprisingly tense sometimes, and it was interesting to see that even Ayumi is nervous of Maya.

But, Maya still thinks that she isn't as good as Ayumi. It's funny how those with talent, do not always realize how damn good they are.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 12, 2010 7:42 PM

Feb 2009
wow i really didn't expect they would both win!!! awesome.
Mar 12, 2011 12:48 AM

Feb 2008
seriously, the closed eyes are really irritating me :/
it'd also be nice if they'd either eliminate the mask scene or at least have her put on a mask related to her role, as it is its just annoying.
May 2, 2011 3:44 PM

Sep 2008
Yup yup, that was definitely unexpected! I almost expected them to announce that they would have two separate plays... I wonder how they're going to work out having two Helens and how they're deciding who plays in which scene...

Sakurakouji's appearance seemed a little random... and pointless. It didn't achieve anything new. Wonder what was up with that... :\
Jul 10, 2013 6:02 PM

Sep 2012
Didn't expect that at all.
Aug 9, 2017 10:14 AM
Aug 2014
Ayumi's smirk after her audition rather annoyed me. Wouldn't curry smell spicy? Meaning she should know how it would taste.

The anime copped out again, disappointing. Can't have Maya beat Ayumi yet, but after that stupid threat she'd have to leave the troupe so they couldn't let her lose either.
Nov 12, 2017 5:47 AM

Aug 2014
ugh they always do that if they cant decide they go with both.. its stupid and is just as lame and cliche as either winning..

and both winning can just as easily be both losing..
Dec 3, 2019 7:19 AM

Oct 2015
I was surprised how Ayumi and Maya passed that final test. Their thinking out the box mentality is scary, love them both.

Finally, Sakurakouji appears after so long. It was brief though.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 10, 2020 3:54 PM

Aug 2014
I don't fully understand what Sakurakouji was upset about there at the end?
Like, dude, she said she'd "catch you later!", meaning she actively WANTS to see you again. Not to mention the fact that she directly states that she was thinking about you and you conclude that all she cares about is acting? She obviously has a spot in her heart for you bro like what are you even talking about lol.

Aside from that, Hayami actually gives Maya some great advice in this episode, telling Maya to quell her hatred towards him when performing for HIS theater. I think she desperately needed to hear that. Even though her grudge towards Hayami is warranted, she needs to act mature when doing a performance in his theater, as her hatred would only inhibit both of their public images.

It's somewhat interesting that both Ayumi and Maya will be acting as Helen interchangeably. However, it does not feel like very satisfying conclusion for me personally. It very much felt like a cop-out. The show is very much becoming repetitive in that Maya always gets the role in some manner by the end.

Despite that, I still feel invested in the show? I'm not really sure why, but I still want to continue regardless of the show's flaws.

Looking forward to seeing how this play goes.

Jan 31, 2022 11:41 AM

Feb 2012
It did for a moment feel like another cop-out, but thinking about it more carefully this time there's a good reason because it'll give us a better chance to compare the two acting styles of talented people playing the same role. But I agree with people that there was too much repetition here, both the threat of Maya being thrown out and losing her career and then the resolution.

People were behaving as if it had been a fair contest, but that wasn't really so. Even if Ayumi's mother was able to be unbiased, the same can't be said about her troupe director, so in that sense it could have been a win for Maya. It's a bit annoying to see that happen, but it's not the fault of the show, it's just annoying because it's realistic, obvious favouritism while pretending there's no bias.

For a moment when Hayami touched Maya, and she looked surprised, I thought she recognized him as the purple rose. Maybe subconsciously at least, her expressions were so extreme for the situation.
FeorgJan 31, 2022 11:46 AM
Oct 13, 2023 9:52 PM
Feb 2021
Epico pero Ayumi debió ganar :(

More topics from this board

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 51 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 12, 2011

34 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 49 Discussion

9 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 45 Discussion

senerikfred - Dec 13, 2009

11 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Glass no Kamen (2005) Episode 47 Discussion

greentutu - Jun 29, 2013

7 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 46 Discussion

5 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 6:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.