Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Suzuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2009 4:53 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yamato tries to talk to Honoka, but she refuses to listen to what he has to say. Suzuka, on the other hand, apologizes to him because she feels that this is all her fault, and she gives Yamato some advice and suggests that he call Honoka. He does, but the line is busy because Honoka is on the phone with Nana. So, Yamato decides to take the necklace and see Honoka himself.

At her home, he tries to give it to her again, but she still doesn’t want it, instead accusing him of having so much fun with Suzuka. Honoka even goes as far as to say that Yamato still likes Suzuka. Honoka runs off, but Yamato chases and catches her, and allows her to cool off a bit. The two finally get a chance to talk about their relationship. Honoka suggests that they break up, and Yamato agrees. She eventually accepts the birthday gift with a smiling face, and gives him a goodbye kiss.

Yamato returns home to find Yuuka and Megumi there. After they leave, Suzuka comes by and Yamato confirms that he and Honoka have broken up. Suzuka still feels like it’s her fault, so Yamato tries to act happy and takes responsibility himself Seeing Yamato try to laugh it all off, Suzuka gets angry and leaves after calling him the worst.
Jul 6, 2009 4:56 AM

Jun 2009
I'm sorry for Sakurai!!! She was the ideal girl in this anime so far
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

May 24, 2011 12:40 AM

Oct 2010
Zinvince said:

This
Jul 10, 2011 8:32 PM
Jul 2010
So, Honoka accuses Yamato of still having feelings for Suzuka (which seems true enough), and suggests they break up. But Yamato's speech after that shows that he likes Honoka. Even she seems convinced of this as she accepts his gift and kisses him. Yet, they still break up? Why? The whole time he was walking home, I wanted him to just turn around and go back to her.
*sigh*

Zinvince said:
May 29, 2012 10:01 AM

Oct 2011
He went full retard near the end.
Jun 4, 2012 10:19 AM

Mar 2012
DaruniaM said:

Yea, Y da fuq did he say all that in the end for? Just to shift da blame wit Suzuka?
Sep 9, 2012 11:07 PM

Sep 2011
DaruniaM said:

Yeah... wtf was he thinking? O_O
Sep 21, 2012 3:47 AM

Nov 2011
I.....cant.....comrpehennddd... why...he DID THAT!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 15, 2012 5:18 AM
May 2010
I'm confused, I don't understand why he would take the the blame for the break up. I guess he didn't want to harm his manly pride or something.. Ether way... dafaq
Nov 1, 2012 6:47 PM

Oct 2011
Breaking up was the best thing to do..Yamato is still a jerk in my books though
Mar 2, 2013 10:07 AM

Jun 2012
I'm guessing he said those things to Suzuka intentionally. Perhaps he realizes that he still had some feelings left for her, and wanted to get rid of them by acting like a prick in front of her. That way if he ever got into a relationship again, it wouldn't bomb because of unresolved feelings like it did with Honoka.

That's just my theory though. He seemed pretty confident about what he was saying so it made me think it was completely intentional.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Jun 21, 2013 10:07 AM

Mar 2013
No! No! No! I hate everything now, someone please tell the writer to go die.
Aug 9, 2013 11:28 PM

Dec 2012
MC in this anime is more frustrating than the MC from Rumbling Hearts.
Oct 17, 2013 2:59 AM
Jul 2013
Laraso said:
I'm guessing he said those things to Suzuka intentionally. Perhaps he realizes that he still had some feelings left for her, and wanted to get rid of them by acting like a prick in front of her. That way if he ever got into a relationship again, it wouldn't bomb because of unresolved feelings like it did with Honoka.

That's just my theory though. He seemed pretty confident about what he was saying so it made me think it was completely intentional.

He said what he said, because he didnt want her to think that they broke up because of her. he chose to take all the burden by himself. this is my view on his actions.
Feb 4, 2014 12:37 AM

Jul 2012
Dragonfur said:
Laraso said:

He said what he said, because he didnt want her to think that they broke up because of her. he chose to take all the burden by himself. this is my view on his actions.

I hope you're right. I really can't figure him out anymore or if he's really that dumb. Gahhh this show.
Feb 13, 2014 7:10 PM

Oct 2013
hes trolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllin
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
May 7, 2014 3:47 AM

Jul 2012
Note to self.......Send animators money to have this guy's head cut off school days style
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Jun 3, 2014 12:57 AM

May 2013
Pains me to see that they broke up but what Honoka was saying was true. Yamato always does have Asahina on his mind and he didn't even realize this until she pointed it out to him. He was unconsciously still clinging on to Suzuka like for example the whole asking to see the fireflies scene.

I think Yamato said those things at the end because he wants to punish himself. He always thought about Suzuka so now he wants to punish himself by getting Suzuka to hate him, trying to deny whatever chance of a relationship they had.
Jun 21, 2014 6:19 PM

Jun 2013
Yamato obviously said intentionally that to distance Suzuka from himself... And her buying that just shows how much she really "knows" (lol) about Yamato.
Jul 3, 2014 12:19 PM

May 2012
That stings a bit :| damn best girl don't go :/ well I really wonder what will happen next though, oh well he does stay a total fucktard...
Oct 13, 2014 11:10 PM

Oct 2014
Yamato doesn't deserve Honako anyways he is so pathetic. But poor Honoka :'(
Sep 14, 2015 5:52 AM

Jul 2014
Why are most people that posted here saying that they can't figure out why Yamato lied to Suzuka in the end? He doesn't want her to feel guilty, which would be a huge burden for her. It makes sense and was totally expected, given Yamato's good track record of always claiming the blame for everything.

As for the break up, Honoka is at fault here. Not alone though. Yamato takes some blame too.
Sep 14, 2015 11:03 PM

Jul 2014
Celestiall said:
Yamato doesn't deserve Honako anyways he is so pathetic. But poor Honoka :'(

Naah. Honako was the one that made a move on him first, knowing fully well what she was getting into. And when push came to shove, she was the first to give up. She even eventually admitted that she f*ked up. Yamato is also to blame because he often acted without tact.
Apr 24, 2016 5:45 AM

Mar 2014
So it ended . Smooth but with tears . Well , I try to pull myself together ~ .
Thing have not quite worked out . Foreseen that . But what a waste ~ .
While the hard-to-get is getting paid off her efforts ~ . Indirectly ~ !!
Atleast we got YamatoxHonoka moments even if it not the "pair" to begin with .
Great episode . It was the real course of action . Screw that !! I loved it .
I bet he did that on purpose !! Burdening himself too much .
And I think when he is with Suzuka , He is being honest to himself .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2017 1:12 PM

Jul 2014
Shit hits the fan on Honoka's relationship, looks like it's done. Dat end, did Yamato cracked?
May 8, 2017 12:18 PM
Mar 2015
anime_papa said:
Why are most people that posted here saying that they can't figure out why Yamato lied to Suzuka in the end? He doesn't want her to feel guilty, which would be a huge burden for her. It makes sense and was totally expected, given Yamato's good track record of always claiming the blame for everything.

As for the break up, Honoka is at fault here. Not alone though. Yamato takes some blame too.

This makes sense. I guess it's just kind of jarring because we've gotten used to him being completely clueless in his relationship with Honoka. But I guess that highlights even more that Suzuka's the only one he actually thinks and worries about.
Apr 27, 2023 12:28 PM
Feb 2019
Yamato is pathetic
Sep 22, 2023 11:39 AM

Jul 2022
Poor Honoka...
But I do feel like Yamato wanted to 'protect' Honoka by lying to Suzuka.

This episode.. I saw it coming but still didn't like it..
Mar 5, 11:15 AM

Aug 2012
Can't fight this feeling that this show creates its drama soley through its characters acting stupid, often without reason. Like the story couldn't handle Suzuka being into Yamato as easy as all that, so best to have him say something completely dumb and nonsensical so that relationship can cook for longer. It's honestly kinda insulting how shallow the writing is. Like surely the intention is that that lie was somehow supposed to impress Suzuka but there is no reality where someone would think that. Like if he said it to his blonde friend to save face then maybe I could see that but to his effective crush it just makes no sense. Story wise Yamato comes across as a complete idiot who isn't worth rooting for...which begs the question on why all this exists in the first place.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 28, 2009

69 by BlaizeV »»
Mar 6, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 18 Discussion

22 by BlaizeV »»
Mar 4, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 25 Discussion

25 by chriskris91 »»
Sep 24, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 22 Discussion

12 by chriskris91 »»
Sep 23, 2023 9:16 AM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 21 Discussion

14 by kittygirl21 »»
Sep 21, 2023 1:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.