Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 11, 2009 6:35 AM

May 2008
This is definetly one of my most favourite series ever and continues to remain in my top three best stories ever. Conan is also a brilliant series to introduce people to Anime.

So far I hooked by the brother in-law and my very reluctant wife, who now is a great fan of Conan and Jimsy!
Jun 16, 2009 2:09 PM

Apr 2008
Old scholl anime is fated to be underrated, that is because most anime fans and the whole anime community focus mainly on new anime and those are the ones that are populating the tops of the lists. So few young folks get to know old jewels like this.

The general public of Mirai Shounen Conan are in their thirties or their late twenties. and that's a little slice of the anime community.
Sep 28, 2009 5:21 PM

May 2008
Underrated how? has everyone who's seen it hated it?
Oct 27, 2009 3:39 AM

Oct 2009
I loved this show, its serries like this that keep me watching anime. but yeah it is underrated not that many people that I talk too have watched it or would watch it, most people that watch anime these days watch um for the big fight scenes.

Oct 27, 2009 6:43 AM

Apr 2008
I remember when I first watched this show that I couldn't believe how much story Miyazaki was able to pack in to 26 episodes. This series really gives you way more bang for your buck than most others. It was like one big episodic movie running for nearly 12 hours. Definitely one of the most under watched series that deserves more credit than it gets.
Nov 1, 2009 5:42 AM

Aug 2008
I don't It's underrated, it's just not everyone here has seen it. Comparing to today's Anime, the story still rocks, I think it's a good idea to recommend someone to watch it.
Jul 30, 2010 9:47 AM

Feb 2009
Dude, the fact that a series is not widely known doesn't mean it's underrated. People just don't know about it, and if they didn't watch it, they can't disike it.

Everyone who watches this falls in love with the characters and its fantastic story and probably discover the genius that Miyazaki is.
Nov 30, 2012 2:03 PM
Aug 2010
Underrated how? By the anime fans here? They are part of the younger generations who are only aware of new animes. This show is actually a well known show by THE Hayao Miyazaki, especially in its country of origins. I'm not much of a fan of Miyazaki but even I admit that he is one of the most famous in the industry. Even then, not many young anime fans are aware or interested in his works.

Anyways, is Conan similar to Pazu? Because I like that little rascal.
Mar 2, 2014 9:11 PM

Jul 2013
Bobjones said:
Underrated how? By the anime fans here? They are part of the younger generations who are only aware of new animes. This show is actually a well known show by THE Hayao Miyazaki, especially in its country of origins. I'm not much of a fan of Miyazaki but even I admit that he is one of the most famous in the industry. Even then, not many young anime fans are aware or interested in his works.

Anyways, is Conan similar to Pazu? Because I like that little rascal.

The man himself is very known but that doesn't mean that this series is well known too. Personally i have seen all of his movies and many of them multiple times but i had no idea that he made this series. His pre Ghibli works aren't just mentioned often.
Mar 19, 2014 3:19 PM

Sep 2011
of course its not under rated, hell for a 70's anime its one of the better known ones, its well received and wasnt forgotten by time like many things from the 70's

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 3, 2014 10:41 PM

Mar 2013
Is there a dubbed version of this? I fell in love with this show. I really want to show it to my boyfriend, but he hates reading subs. Subs are never the same... :/
Apr 4, 2014 5:51 AM

Oct 2011
yes - one of the most pleasurable viewing experiences i've ever had - episode 19 with the tidal wave had me in tears (remember 2011).... should be required viewing for any anime fan who's got taste......
Aug 5, 2016 4:49 PM

Jun 2016
how is it underrated? it is extremely popular in the arabic-speaking countries ,it regulerly aired on TV FOR OVER THREE DECADES
Aug 15, 2016 5:39 AM

Nov 2012
I've seen it when the show aired in Indonesia. That time I was 6-7 years old and couldn't grasp the story.
Because of that reason, I decided to rewatch it, and found that this is a actual masterpiece.

Today's anime is full of moe, and I get bored to see pretty girl and fanservice in them.
I hope there's more anime with full excitement and great adventure. And NO MOE.
Oct 8, 2022 2:49 AM

Jul 2007
I would also recommend "Now and then here and there" another underrated Gem.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 26 Discussion

storm-12 - Aug 14, 2010

39 by SlavaOlkhov »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 25 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Oct 23, 2010

13 by SlavaOlkhov »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 23 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Oct 17, 2010

11 by SlavaOlkhov »»
Yesterday, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 17 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Oct 8, 2010

12 by SlavaOlkhov »»
Jun 7, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Future Boy Conan Episode 16 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Oct 8, 2010

9 by SlavaOlkhov »»
Jun 5, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.