Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2014 6:28 PM

May 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Coco vs Grinpachi.

The bishokukai looking at his more sleeves.
Jan 12, 2014 9:36 AM

Nov 2013
LOL AWESOME
What happened with the animation, they finnaly learned how to do it?
I don't get tired of Koko's OST no matter how many times I hear it, and his sword too.
Did they add some scenes? I don't remember that sword vs staff in the manga. Did I miss something?
Can Gurinpaachi get even creepier? He makes Titans look like good guys...
Next episode Sanii vs Tomiiroddo, be prepared, the best fight of the series is coming.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 13, 2014 9:47 AM
Jul 2013
i hope the animation will be good in the next episode ^^
Jan 13, 2014 12:33 PM

Nov 2013
2 days since the release and only 3 comments? Just how long will it take for people to notice how awesome this series is...-.-
mangabook said:

Yeah me too.
ColtBuntlineJan 13, 2014 12:51 PM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 13, 2014 5:42 PM

Feb 2012
pkKodama said:
2 days since the release and only 3 comments? Just how long will it take for people to notice how awesome this series is...-.-

I guess the anime being incredibly bad compared to the manga doesn't help xD

But yeah, more people should watch this.

By the way:
Jan 13, 2014 8:41 PM

Nov 2013
Salce said:
pkKodama said:

I guess the anime being incredibly bad compared to the manga doesn't help xD

But yeah, more people should watch this.

By the way:

Yes, but not the full fight, I guess they are going to adapt in one go.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 13, 2014 10:10 PM

May 2010
it is a shame they called this episode coco vs grin cause the manga readers know how much of coco vs grin we saw after this small fight..

dat wicked dung fly right infront of sani at the end..lmao..

more ppl should read the manga instead because when u see the anime u might think the manga is similar. no its NOT. its lightyears ahead in quality. and there is blood. blood blood everywhere.

the current arc in the anime can only dissapoint if u think about how bloody every damn fight in the manga was.
Jan 14, 2014 1:11 AM

Nov 2012
Kerozinn said:
it is a shame they called this episode coco vs grin cause the manga readers know how much of coco vs grin we saw after this small fight..

more ppl should read the manga instead because when u see the anime u might think the manga is similar. no its NOT. its lightyears ahead in quality. and there is blood. blood blood everywhere.

the current arc in the anime can only dissapoint if u think about how bloody every damn fight in the manga was.

i totaly agree, there are so much naruto, bleach, op, hxh fans that dont know how awesome the toriko manga is

the cooking fest arc almost had no flaws

on topic: i hope sani vs tommy will be done good , cant wait :p

and i hate when people watch the toriko anime they think the manga is the same -.-
aboeJan 14, 2014 1:14 AM
Jan 14, 2014 1:18 AM

Nov 2012
aboe said:
Kerozinn said:

i totaly agree, there are so much naruto, bleach, op, hxh fans that dont know how awesome the toriko manga is

the cooking fest arc almost had no flaws

on topic: i hope sani vs tommy will be done good , cant wait :p

and i hate when people watch the toriko anime they think the manga is the same -.-

pkKodama said:
mangabook said:

Yeah me too.

i think because it gets subbed pretty late
Jan 14, 2014 6:28 AM

Nov 2013
Kerozinn said:

I have to disagree there, there wasn't much fight coco vs grin in the manga, the adaptation was awesome.
And I don't know why people complain about the blood. There's no blood, so what? You're free to watch any terror movie with people screaming and bleeding, I don't see the point there, but if you do...
Anyways, I don't mind the blood, in the manga it's all black/white, but that's not what I expect from an anime, blood would make it ugly. Not everyone is cold enough to like those things. It's great the way it is.

@aboe
I highly recommend you don't watch subbed anime.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 14, 2014 7:33 AM

Jan 2013
Kerozinn said:

That's it? Just for blood?! I expected they say it's better for something else like major plot changes or differentiations in characters or even omitted scenes, but just for blood? Excuse me if I say this, but that's a dumb superficial excuse to hate on the anime.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jan 14, 2014 9:11 AM

Sep 2013
The manga has better art and is more detailed, even naruto filler is better animated than this, if they can't have better art quality at least do more sakuga.
They made grinpatch look like a bad guy, which he isn't, he just wants to eat.
Jan 14, 2014 9:38 AM

Nov 2013
ichii_1 said:
The manga has better art and is more detailed, even naruto filler is better animated than this, if they can't have better art quality at least do more sakuga.

^wtf
I don't know what you're talking about but the animation was awesome. The manga doesn't have better art, that's black and white and only one page for a scene, so, more detailed? /-.-
And Gurinpaachi IS a bad guy. Only because he has a cute voice and
that's no excuse for his deeds.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 14, 2014 12:38 PM

Aug 2013
pkKodama said:
ichii_1 said:

^wtf
I don't know what you're talking about but the animation was awesome. The manga doesn't have better art, that's black and white and only one page for a scene, so, more detailed? /-.-

Cute voice? Lol I can see him as a pedophile XD
Jan 14, 2014 12:57 PM

Nov 2013
sanjithecook123 said:
pkKodama said:
ichii_1 said:

^wtf

Cute voice? Lol I can see him as a pedophile XD

lol exactly, when a man has a cute/soft voice you can expect him to be a pervert.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 14, 2014 4:10 PM

May 2010
SHINOBI-03 said:
Kerozinn said:

That's it? Just for blood?! I expected they say it's better for something else like major plot changes or differentiations in characters or even omitted scenes, but just for blood? Excuse me if I say this, but that's a dumb superficial excuse to hate on the anime.

no thats not it,. blood and gore is just playes a big role in the toriko manga, some characters loose arms and legs and have huge holes in their stomachs, or get some chunks of their faces clawed off. its hard to understand if you dont read the manga. so i expected such a response. the four beast arc had blood but that looked like1 stripe of red paint on their bodies. but in the manga they were bleeding like pigs.

the art style in the manga is sooo damn goood and the art style and animation quality in the anime are sooo damn terrible most of the time.

in the end its a BAD adaptation but not a BAD anime by itself. it just fails to represent the toriko manga .
KerozinnJan 14, 2014 5:22 PM
Jan 14, 2014 4:23 PM

May 2013
This episode was so epic, Coco needs to find a way to bypass Grinpatch's immune system...
The animation wasn't that great this episode, in the previous ones it was way better.
Jan 14, 2014 8:22 PM

Nov 2013
Esheraz said:
This episode was so epic, Coco needs to find a way to bypass Grinpatch's immune system...
The animation wasn't that great this episode, in the previous ones it was way better.

Oh well... everyone is saying that, so I can't just deny, ok.
But usually the characters move slowly, while in this episode they were faster. The way how Toriko and Starjun contorted themselves to exchange blows. And Gurinpaachi was even using feints with his staff, that's rare in Toriko. I don't think it's fun to watch Livebearer using his knifes randomly without any skill, Zebura roaring or Buranchi just stretching his arm to throw electricity. I don't know if you get my point, but just explaining why I liked the animation.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 15, 2014 9:12 AM

Jun 2008
pkKodama said:

Maybe because it's not.

It's probably the worst adapted shounen ever. It's ridiculous how much worse than the manga is.

SHINOBI-03 said:
Kerozinn said:

It's not just the blood. Is the overall intensity and blood and gore add to that intensity too. The animation and budget of the anime hardly makes for a good adaptation and the more child atmosphere takes away plenty. In the manga shit seem to really go down. At this point it seemed like all hell broke loose while in the anime it just seems so childish and like just a typical fight with Coco going around hitting back and forth and preaching.
MonadJan 15, 2014 9:17 AM
Jan 15, 2014 12:49 PM

May 2011
When false Coco got sucked up, I was thinking again about how I feel like all these people might just be really delicious. After all they ate such amazing things given this world's logic. xD; It was really nice seeing Coco say exactly what Komatsu needed to hear. I love that so far Sunny's greatest battle is against being grossed out. Not that I would do much better, yikes.
Jan 15, 2014 2:33 PM

Nov 2013
Monad said:
pkKodama said:

Maybe because it's not.

It's probably the worst adapted shounen ever. It's ridiculous how much worse than the manga is.

SHINOBI-03 said:
Kerozinn said:

It's not just the blood. Is the overall intensity and blood and gore add to that intensity too. The animation and budget of the anime hardly makes for a good adaptation and the more child atmosphere takes away plenty. In the manga shit seem to really go down. At this point it seemed like all hell broke loose while in the anime it just seems so childish and like just a typical fight with Coco going around hitting back and forth and preaching.

^Obviously a hater. Someone with Evangelion in the favorite list doesn't have the right to judge anything."I'm a manga reader, look how smart I am" pathetic.
Yes it IS just the blood. Again, blood might be ok in manga but would make the anime ugly. You're just giving excuses. "Coco going around hitting back and forth and preaching" that's not childish at all. What is really childish is using machines to fight. Go back to your shitty mecha animes.
ColtBuntlineJan 15, 2014 2:39 PM
― Saint Augustine
Jan 15, 2014 6:03 PM

Oct 2013
Sunny lol
Jan 15, 2014 7:45 PM

Nov 2013
Drakewinm said:
Sunny lol

Sunny go!!
― Saint Augustine
Jan 16, 2014 1:08 PM

Jun 2008
pkKodama said:
Monad said:
pkKodama said:

Maybe because it's not.

SHINOBI-03 said:
Kerozinn said:

^Obviously a hater. Someone with Evangelion in the favorite list doesn't have the right to judge anything."I'm a manga reader, look how smart I am" pathetic.
Yes it IS just the blood. Again, blood might be ok in manga but would make the anime ugly. You're just giving excuses. "Coco going around hitting back and forth and preaching" that's not childish at all. What is really childish is using machines to fight. Go back to your shitty mecha animes.

I am confused if you are upset about my idea of the Toriko anime more or just the fact that i like Evangelion. Yeah sorry i don't like only shounen fighting, comedy stuff.

Anyway what Coco was doing in this episode was stupid and they did it to make the episode longer really but the stalling around made the fight look kind of stupid.

Now feel free to reply back with a bunch of stupid insulting attempts like the ass you are.
Jan 16, 2014 9:29 PM

Nov 2013
Monad said:
pkKodama said:
Monad said:
pkKodama said:

Maybe because it's not.

SHINOBI-03 said:
Kerozinn said:

I am confused if you are upset about my idea of the Toriko anime more or just the fact that i like Evangelion. Yeah sorry i don't like only shounen fighting, comedy stuff.

Anyway what Coco was doing in this episode was stupid and they did it to make the episode longer really but the stalling around made the fight look kind of stupid.

Now feel free to reply back with a bunch of stupid insulting attempts like the ass you are.

Well, you don't get my point, you only know what is bad if you know something better, right? So when you said Coco's fight was stupid I thought, then what kind of fight isn't? So I went to your profile, hoping to see something like "Kenichi" or "HunterxHunter" that the fights make more sense, and to see that blood wasn't all what you liked, so your post would make some sense. But all I found was that most of your favorites are Horror/Mecha animes. So I used Evangelion as an example, and that's just ridiculous, humans using machines to fight(?) instead of training their own bodies and fighting seriously. The whole series is a crap, and people who like it are just hypnotized by the opening song.
ColtBuntlineJan 16, 2014 10:11 PM
― Saint Augustine
Jan 18, 2014 8:35 AM

Mar 2010
Yun was the most useful in this episode.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 18, 2014 11:55 AM

Dec 2011
Looks like someone hasn't mentioned it... but they totally skipped Tengu Buranchi vs. Elg. I wanted that fight to happen.

Looks like they really changed the chain of events in the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2014 12:07 PM

Nov 2013
Fiji said:
Looks like someone hasn't mentioned it... but they totally skipped Tengu Buranchi vs. Elg. I wanted that fight to happen.

I'm pretty sure Buranchi vs Elg happens right after Sanii vs Tomiiroddo.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 22, 2014 8:42 PM

Dec 2011
pkKodama said:
Fiji said:

I'm pretty sure Buranchi vs Elg happens right after Sanii vs Tomiiroddo.

Oops my mistake. I looked at it and you are right.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2014 9:28 PM

Feb 2010
This thread = a bunch of people comparing the manga and the anime, and complaining.... maybe try that on a separate thread so people who havent read the manga or people who are here to actually just discuss the anime can actually discuss the ANIME.

Anyways, I felt this episode was very entertaining. Coco is always fun to watch... I look forward to fabulous sunny next ep!
Feb 10, 2017 8:19 AM

May 2016
OMG, Yun is becoming awesome.
May 21, 2019 4:46 PM
May 2019
When the wall penguin was flying with komatsu on his back,he was as tall as komatsu but when he was standing side by side with him he was smaller than him. The perspective was really off. Also Coco told komatsu not to get close to him because he was omitting a dangerous poison but yet later on he was standing next to him, it was just weird. Sorry guys I like to point out the mistakes 😂 but it was a good episode anyway.
Jan 11, 2023 8:20 AM

Apr 2013
I wonder if they will finish any fight in the next 6 episodes...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toriko Episode 5 Discussion

Game_Master - May 3, 2011

21 by PlasticRobot »»
Oct 28, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 3 Discussion

EvilSynner - Apr 19, 2011

29 by PlasticRobot »»
Oct 27, 2023 1:29 PM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 38 Discussion

Cetais - Dec 27, 2011

11 by Frippy_ »»
Apr 13, 2023 7:25 AM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 101 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Apr 22, 2013

16 by nightjasmine »»
Mar 2, 2023 4:18 AM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 147 Discussion

SilentTruth - Mar 29, 2014

42 by Gator »»
Jan 16, 2023 3:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.