Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Princess
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2009 8:13 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting first episode. I loved these reactions:

I liked the ending of this episode too:

I should probably have watched the prequel before starting this series though, because I'm still a bit confused. Reminds me a bit of Fate/stay night.
Jan 1, 2009 10:27 AM

Feb 2007
sniW said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting first episode. I loved these reactions:

I liked the ending of this episode too:

I should probably have watched the prequel before starting this series though, because I'm still a bit confused. Reminds me a bit of Fate/stay night.

You just started watching the show half way through it. Its like if you started FSN on episode 12, obviously you wouldn't get half the plot.

Go back and watch the first series.

Jan 1, 2009 1:51 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
they kept the same OP song but changed the ED song.... The animation looks pretty much the same....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 1, 2009 2:30 PM
Sep 2008
wakka9ca said:
they kept the same OP song but changed the ED song.... The animation looks pretty much the same....

Yeah I noticed that about the OP song too. When I started it, I had to do a double-take and make sure I was watching the right video. This episode is a good start for season/series 2

sniW: Definately watch the first series, cause that sets up everything for this one.
Jan 1, 2009 4:56 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
That otaku Shikabane Hime died on a plane when she planned to go to Akihabara....

LOL....That actually gave her enough attachment to the world to become a Shikabane....scary....

And @leila32, I don't see why you should use multiple account to post. Clearly, you are the same person as slayer545-sama and possibly angel999...Is there a reason to do this?
wakka9caJan 1, 2009 5:01 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 1, 2009 11:42 PM

Feb 2008
The ending song is better then 1st season, well I like this one better ;)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 2, 2009 9:42 AM
Nov 2008
Was a little disappointed with their OP and ED.. OP's the same while they just changed the ED song.. I guess we gotta wait for at least a few episodes before a new ED (at the very least) is revealed.

Anyway, it's a nice episode. I'm glad that Makina accepted Ouri's En, although it seems that some time is still needed for both of them to start working together.. It's quite of an irony to see a Prist turning into a Shikabene himself. And I'm also interested to find out more about Akasha's past and what he was the real truth about Shikabane Hime which he found out.
Jan 2, 2009 1:48 PM
Jan 2009

The second season finally starts! This is my episode review of #1. I hope to continue reviewing here.

The episode starts nicely with Mibu Sadahiro and his shikabane Akira. They talk about certain concerns over Makina. They switch after that to the powerful organization against the Kougon cult. Where the betrayer priest gets a very heart warming welcome by Hokuto-sama. However that priest betrayer weirded out and as a result got his hand curshed like thin air! Hokuto-sama did not even touch him.That bug guy is getting my nerves, pretty nasty and I hate insects in any case.

However Hokuto-sama is weird, after that she sees the arm of that insect guy as a bug to chase around. Pretty cool they switch to the leader of section where Keisei worked with his Shikabane. I really like her specifically because her sword techniques are nice.

After that a switch goes towards Aragami Risa and her shikabane Saki! They inquire about Makina in the shrine. Saki goes pretty much all out since the priests refuse them passage. Most shocking was to find the state of Makina where she was. I mean Makina tied onto a stone pillar with evil spirits? O_O On top of that Makina is also binded by exorsistic tools such as holy ropes. Saki tries to save her only to be almost eaten by the evil spirits.What's this also? Another evil spirit within a Shikabane? Incredible the condition as it is at that scene with Makina. especially with the red scar wounds/symbols on her.

Good thing the leader comes to their rescue with his Shikabane. The new Shikabane Hime is sooooooo CUTE CUTE CUTE! Amazingly BIG BREASTS! O_O Blond hair and perky face. Good addition. I will look forward to her more especially since she likes the ero/hentai mangas. She might have be even in them but I am not sure how it may be appealing in terms of her being a Shikabane Hime and doing this.

It's nice to see Ouri two friends from high school. The big breasted girl is always fun. (I better update these names since I forgot them when subs are out).

Pretty cool to see Ouri! So now he training in the mountains like it was revealed he would in #13 of first season. VERY NICE to see him train with Sougi Takamasa and Touma sensei. The rabbit exercise I would not be so sure it would help him. I would personally train Ouri to use exorcism abilities and weapons training not to mention martial arts!

Oh how funny it was to see Ouri grab the breasts of that new Shikabane like a pervert that is not responsible (of course not, how can it be, Ouri jumps to get the rabbit thinking it is there but oops there she is and there Ouri grabs by coincidence her breasts).:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: After that Touma starts to get excited over the ecchi stuff and he also has like Keisei had small doll figurines of anime.

How funny it was also to see Touma get beaten up by Yamagami since he was peaking at her when she was in the hot spring. Once not sure if it was just the breasts or Touma is just portrayed as a pervert.

Some serious things happen after that. The priest betrayer attacks the three priests guarding the shrine and apparently they also transform into shikabanes. Akira with Mibu arrive on the scene and even Mibu uses a Zadan on the betrayer priest. That did not work.

The best happens after that: Makina almost starts getting eaten by one of those priests turned into a corpse but Ouri appears! YEAH! YEAH! Great moment. Such touching moment of the flashback from season 1 when Ouri for the first time held Makina in his arms.

Although Makina's attacks and killing of that corpse was great I am still :( :( :( very much that Makina still has so much pain of losing Keisei from the first season.

1.I love the new Shikabane girl! Great comedy with breast grabbing and up skirt seeing.
2.The bunny scene with Ouri and Touma sensei was great!
3.The scene with Hokuto-sama is also great but weird dark atmosphere
4.Good to see Yamagami again
5.The priest betrayer seems to be up to something yet again!
6.MAKINA! :(
7.Great scene between Makina and Ouri.

Jan 9, 2009 5:08 AM

Jul 2008
an otaku shikabane hime O_O. *shocked*

that's one freakish attachment.

Jan 9, 2009 9:05 AM

Sep 2008
Good ep, but some of comic scenes were not needed - it spoiled the seriousness of situations.

It's just me, or the graphics is better than in prequel? I don't know - it was just better to watch, and Ouri seems more mature - gonna be peculiar.
Jan 14, 2009 1:34 AM

Jul 2008
A pretty good episode to start up the second half of the show, if a bit predictable. Still, I'm glad Makina is accepting Oori's En, and they're back together. Can't wait for episode 2 subs.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Jan 14, 2009 5:06 AM
Jan 14, 2009 9:37 AM

Feb 2008
punkvolume1 said:
an otaku shikabane hime O_O. *shocked*

that's one freakish attachment.

it could be worse haha

good S2. things seems to be moving pretty smoothly, although this seemed like it should have been a 1 hr special.
Jan 14, 2009 10:43 AM

Feb 2008
really good first ep, but i always wonder why their isn't that much drama in this show, i mean besides kensei and the other shikabane dying, the first season was pretty forgettable. I mean not in a bad way, but you would think that a young boy who keeps interfering with their work all the time would get cursed out or givin the cold shoulder. Instead within a couple of eps, they embraced him like he was part of the situation. Good series nevertheless
Jan 14, 2009 12:29 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

Wow, another episode that ended so quickly. Really nice first episode. With Makina back on track, they should kick some ass.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 14, 2009 12:35 PM

Feb 2008
cyruz said:
Wow, another episode that ended so quickly.

Yeah, true. >.<
It was a bit confusing at the beginning. But I'm glad they explained everything during the episode.
Jan 14, 2009 12:56 PM

Aug 2008
To think I was scared about there not being any levity in Kuro...this one has it in spades.

A 6 month time skip, and Oori's pretty much as useless as he was before, so to work around that, they made Makina weak. It worked for this episode, so I guess I don't have any complaints, but Oori needs to step up fast, because plot armor is not enough to keep him alive anymore. Just Ok.
Jan 14, 2009 1:15 PM

Oct 2007
wakka9ca said:
That otaku Shikabane Hime died on a plane when she planned to go to Akihabara....

LOL....That actually gave her enough attachment to the world to become a Shikabane....scary....

LOL Shikabane Hime sometime can be scary too.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 14, 2009 2:27 PM
Dec 2007
The beginning of the episode was really strange and the development between Aka and Kuro was really small even with a 6 months gap. There was like 2 times less intensity than in the last episodes of Aka too, which surprised me. A reunion episode like this one needs to be more punchy and better paced, and overall it was very slow, but in the end it was pretty well-directed so I can't complain too much. Still, the last 3 episodes were weaker than the ones before that so I hope for some improvement and obviously for a big evolution of Oori and of his relationship with Makina.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 14, 2009 5:05 PM

Jan 2008
wakka9ca said:

No argument here about that being scary, but then again we always knew that fangirls were some of the scariest beings on the planet.

@ Paeru -- I think the comedy fit right in there. It's no different than the first season when they did this with Keisei.

The OP being the same definitely caught me off guard, but oh well. It's a good song.
kevin_videoJan 14, 2009 5:52 PM
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 14, 2009 5:07 PM

Jan 2007
I was expecting a bigger time skip, but w/e good episode.
Jan 14, 2009 6:39 PM
Apr 2008
That was decent. It was kinda slow anf like Faust I was thinking there was gonna be a bigger time skip.
Jan 14, 2009 9:42 PM

Oct 2007
Kinda weak but hopefully it picks up pace. I didn't think that they would keep the same OP or the same animation in the ED, especially since it doesn't fit the ED at all. It seems that the reunion at the end was a little too awkward and this whole episode kinda felt that way. I hope Ouri and Makina get out of their emo fest ASAP.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Jan 14, 2009 10:25 PM
Mar 2008
Awesome start. Otaku Shikabane Hime lolz.
Jan 14, 2009 11:27 PM

Jun 2008
Is it just me or the animation just became better
Anyway nice start.
Jan 14, 2009 11:33 PM

Aug 2008
I thought so too, but it may just be direction, since animation is always pretty good for fight scenes.
Jan 15, 2009 6:30 AM

Jun 2007
goddamn for trying to mix light comedy into this.
Please, can't there be anime without comedy anymore? - would be so much better without that stuff.

Other then that an ok episode for the start and this might get interesting again.
Jan 15, 2009 10:34 AM

Feb 2008
Interesting that they choose to in the season cut the series in half (or more?) at a turning point in the story.

That "fangirl shikabane hime" is weird. I watched after the Aka ending this episode and these comedy scenes feeld out of the series a little bit.

But it wasn't a bad continuation of the story, I'm happy that Ouri starting to be more dependable and Tatsuya Hasome developed very much in his role too.

I expect big fights in the next ep when the Shichisei arrives with Akasha's Zadan.
maLakaiJan 15, 2009 10:52 AM
Jan 17, 2009 2:59 PM
Apr 2008
wakka9ca said:

Why didn't she stay dead? ;o;
Jan 17, 2009 3:49 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Purple_Grenadier said:
wakka9ca said:

That's the thing, she loved so much anime she resurrected from the dead. :/
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Jan 19, 2009 3:48 PM

Feb 2008
wakka9ca said:
Purple_Grenadier said:
wakka9ca said:

That's the thing, she loved so much anime she resurrected from the dead. :/
Plus I think she's a gaijin/foreigner, since she spoke with a slight accent and, more importantly, is blond and has big boobs. Definately a good addition to the Shikabane collection.

Anyway, more comedy, less whining, more action, less speeches, more nudity. All in all, a great restart.
Feb 1, 2009 9:55 PM

May 2007
The new otaku shikabane is going to get on my nerves so much, I hope I don't kill her.

As for the rest I liked it, nice to see Ouri stand up and Makina still kicks ass.
My anime list
Feb 15, 2009 1:41 PM

Oct 2008
I can't believe it...

Mar 17, 2009 6:59 PM

Jan 2008
Faust721 said:
I was expecting a bigger time skip, but w/e good episode.
Ya same. The otaku shikabane is orz.
Jan 26, 2011 11:01 AM

Dec 2008
I already thought Saki was annoying...now they've added Touma. She's just as annoying and she has a fang! Oh my goddess, deliver me from the fanged madness!!
The scene where Makina accepted Oori's rune was very sweet.
May 16, 2013 2:24 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode.
4/5
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 1, 2014 10:27 PM
Mar 2013
This episode was quite interesting, already a lot more interesting than half of the episodes from last season. I hope we can get all our answers about the cat and the shichisei now. I also love the new ED, it's just as awesome as the first.
Jul 3, 2014 4:52 PM

Jul 2014
Awesome first episode. I loved it!
Apr 13, 2015 9:02 AM
Jun 2013
looks like we got a 6 month time skip. looks like akasha didint choose the best people to team up with. hey look a big boobed cat girl named flesh....really. ummm special friends is she gonna. well looks like everything is fine now between them but its odd that its been 6months and ouri hasint seem to have gotten stronger.
Aug 6, 2017 9:25 PM

May 2015
Just when I was pondering the show confirms it that a Priest can have more than one Hime... but he must be strong Af because of the burden to his rune. Interesting to know...
Mar 30, 2018 3:04 PM

May 2016
The ending was meh but it was okay for me, one thing that bothered me was the fact that Makina accepted Ouri just by a hug, the start was slow as well Ouri didn't even do anything after six months and Mune sama fall for him as well.
May 20, 2022 3:58 AM
Jan 2020
They didn't even change OP and the ED..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Kuro Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - Mar 28, 2009

99 by HyperdriveYT »»
Oct 13, 2022 12:58 AM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Kuro Episode 4 Discussion

wakka9ca - Jan 24, 2009

27 by HyperdriveYT »»
Oct 13, 2022 12:19 AM

» season 3?

gregory003 - Jul 8, 2011

11 by Silent_Shadow05 »»
Oct 22, 2021 12:41 AM

» How to finish story?

Wen_tnuocca - Jul 2, 2021

0 by Wen_tnuocca »»
Jul 2, 2021 8:33 AM

» Where to start reading the manga

saif_shdeafat - Apr 27, 2019

1 by KreatorX »»
Apr 27, 2019 2:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.