Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 28, 2008 10:01 PM
Nov 2008
Is anyone else bothered by the "word" Gigalomaniac? Because it's seems to me to be a combination of Gigalo, a male prostitute (ok ok, that's gigolo but roll with it here) and maniac. Gigalomaniac, someone who can send delusions to others, or a person with a very interesting taste in sexual partners? That would make sense considering 6/7 gigalomaniacs are female. But seriously, does anyone know the origin of this word? I really want to know how Nitro+ came up with it.
Jun 11, 2010 3:09 AM
Jul 2008
I stumbled this place while doing searching about megalomania. I know this is an old topic. I just want to answer this.
I think the idea came from megalomania. The sufferer is called megalomaniac.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalomania

Megalomania is a non-clinical word defined as
1. A psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.
2. An obsession with grandiose or extravagant things or actions.

Giga is larger than Mega, so gigalomaniac is considered to have more powerful delusion than megalomaniac?
Jun 19, 2010 11:15 PM

Feb 2010
the word it self just seems weird
Dec 30, 2010 8:56 PM
Jun 2009
I don't like the word either. It reminded me right away of megalomaniac, which is a person that delusionally thinks that they are like the king of the world or something. How does that even relate to the gigalomaniacs in this show? I guess they chose the word just because it sounds cool.
Mar 26, 2012 1:07 PM
Mar 2009
LeonLanford said:
I stumbled this place while doing searching about megalomania. I know this is an old topic. I just want to answer this.
I think the idea came from megalomania. The sufferer is called megalomaniac.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalomania

Megalomania is a non-clinical word defined as
1. A psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.
2. An obsession with grandiose or extravagant things or actions.

Giga is larger than Mega, so gigalomaniac is considered to have more powerful delusion than megalomaniac?

Yes, it was derived that way (giga + ( -mega + megalomaniac) ).

It refers to people who can influence the perception, and thus reality, of others, thus causing a mass delusion.

They go further to say that the Dirac sea is directly affected, i.e. that physical reality can be changed based on the projections ("delusions") of the gigalomaniacs. This would be possible if you could alter the would on the level of gravity waves, since physical matter has cohesion due solely to gravity (ior, inter-molecular forces)... which is why they spend so much time talking about... GE-rate and lunar effects on biorhythms and so forth.
Dec 9, 2012 7:29 PM

Dec 2008
yeah.... chaos;head. I've watched it and came to the point of searching things relating to this anime... same as steins;gate...

well this is stupid to ask, but do you guys think that those things can possibly be real or something REAL?

and about steins;gate, about titors thing, you think its real?
hahaha LOL.

what do you think?

Oct 18, 2015 9:43 PM
Oct 2015
Well every one knows what it is? Well no one knows really but i guess its possible because we all know nothibg is impossible in this world its like saying the expression i fell like im being watched when you know you really arent but who knows you know how people are if anyone finds out no one will like me and stuff maybe thats why we never find stuff like that and lets suppose this is real and some one is hidding it because they are afraid of being rejected especially with all the chaos that happens and they know what they can do but they fear thats why they lock it away and take it to there graves and never say anything and act really normal as they can be even the people that go crazy sometimes they say the truth but we dont believe in them because we can't see it's those kind of people with special abilities that we dont belive and we call them maniacs just like gigalomaniacs.
Nov 1, 2016 6:21 AM
Nov 2016
Gigalomaniac is considered to have more powerful delusion than megalomania, Gigalomaniac is someone who can send delusions to others there by infecting them with their madness.
Gigalomaniac is similar to megalomaniac.
Jun 29, 2021 5:31 PM
Dec 2017
words only have power once you give it power.

More topics from this board

» The Chaos;Head Anime is Bad, but don't give up on it!

Volcanic_Phoenix - Apr 23

2 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
May 30, 11:58 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 11, 2008

98 by hedous »»
May 8, 1:31 AM

Poll: » ChäoS;HEAd Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DeadIEnd - Dec 25, 2008

247 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 22, 12:40 PM

» Friendly reminder the anime is an absolute embarrassment and the visual novel is legitimately up there with steins gate

Fischer77 - Mar 22, 2023

19 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Jan 14, 12:34 AM

» I. Hate. The. Main. Character. ( 1 2 )

SY_IS_DEAD_IRL - Oct 22, 2008

66 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 10, 2023 4:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.