Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2008 5:28 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"Omg, he died... Jeez lets just get some random crazy girls as replacement. Yeah!"
Okay...
I'm usually against those series where the main character keeps on sulking for the next 24 episodes after someone died.... *cought*GS*cought* But that was wierd.
Not to mention that wierd talk between Megumi and Akito.
"omg, he died"
"yeah... *wierd sob* but now you need to *lots of random words as a atempt of making some type of speach bout dead people*"
"ZOMG LOL YOU ARE SO RIGHT! I"M GOING TO PWNZ THOZE BEATCHEZ!! GAARRRR"
"oh. ok. good luck"
"ktkxbye"

I know this is a parody, but sometimes it looks like the directors really tried to make this serious.

If it was serious, i would say that they phail really hard...

The begging was nice and all*....
I just hope this series isn't so screwd up...

(*No, really, they did some how a good job at the beggining... [even though there still loads of wierd plot holes.] This was one of the first mecha series that i ended up liking the main female lead. [Her random,clueless and wierd personality {Even though a bit clichê} made me like her. xD])
KinetaNov 23, 2012 9:10 AM
Dec 20, 2008 12:40 AM

Nov 2008
I don't think the directors have ever tried to make this series serious in any way. It's good to have shows like this. There have been very few of them in the States ("Police Squad" and "Sledge Hammer" come to mind).

This is the kind of show which helps me unwind. :)
Mar 19, 2009 3:22 PM
Sep 2008
Sweeeeet episode. Ending is confusing though. Megumi is uglay.
Jun 9, 2009 3:37 PM

Jan 2008
Love the three new pilots. Love that nobody gave a shit about Gai's death, and I also love that two characters actually acknowledge that.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 12, 2009 12:00 PM
Aug 2007
Cant believe they killed the funniest character in the anime :(
I'm already up to ep 8, but to me, it hasnt felt as funny as it was when Gai was still there.
Mar 15, 2010 12:51 AM

Sep 2009
Saying Nadesico and Serious in the same sentence is silly. This anime is anything but.
May 16, 2010 11:24 AM

Apr 2010
i dont get the ending...... Seriously O_O

Jul 2, 2013 10:22 AM

Dec 2011
cant believe Gai died, he was the best character.
Sep 6, 2013 2:48 AM
Aug 2013
I wasn't really hooked on this series until Gai died because it was so unexpected. On the other hand they did sort of foreshadow it earlier in the episode. It was just a really well done episode. This is when i knew this wasn't just another mech series.

Too bad it had to be Gai though..... he was awesome :(
Nov 30, 2013 12:43 AM

Aug 2012
Dat kiss. I don't how to react on that :))
Jul 15, 2014 10:29 AM

Feb 2012
Just got real.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 15, 2014 9:55 PM

Jun 2012
I never thought Gai would die like that. Too bad for him, he was a great guy...

Ah wow, Yukito really kissed that girl. It's good that he's not like these main characters who seems to be afraid of women. I'm curious to see how this love triangle will end.
Mar 8, 2015 6:15 AM

Nov 2011
MAN HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FEEL ABOUT EVERYTHING

GAI'S DEAD AND THEY MADE IT LOOK SERIOUS FOR A FEW SECONDS, THEN IT'S DONE

Then let's get three new replacements I end up liking because HOORAY NEW CHARACTERS but I also end up hating because they erased Gai's existence

And then the bonding moment and eventual kiss with Megumi

But then Yurika was watching all this time

And then preview for the next ep signalling that it's Ruri time

And I think back on everything and I just think "COME ON, SERIOUSLY"
May 27, 2018 7:18 PM

Feb 2013
3 new girls for the harem.

So they just wrecked the other mech... those aren't cheap...
Jul 16, 2019 9:38 PM

Jul 2009
I kinda feel bad for Akito. I mean, I understand they want to make it light hearted, but it's kinda fucked up that only he and Megumi cared about Daigoji passing. Everyone else just continue as if nothing happened.

New girls (Ryoko, Hikaru, Izumi) are hot, but can also handle their own.

Poor Yuriko. Seeing Akito and Megumi kiss like that. DAMN! Talk about nightmare!

I'm still hopefully Daigoji will be revived, but won't be surprised if they don't.

Next episode!
Jun 5, 2020 1:27 AM

Jul 2015
wait....so Gai dying wasn't a joke...what about his stickers...did he just got replaced by three girls....never forget you Gai you were the best pilot Nadesico could ever have...good thing Akito inherited his Gekigan passion!

I have to say the events this episode really moved fast, from one's death to one's romance... like wtf just happened

Mar 9, 2022 5:38 AM

Nov 2017
Yup, he did die just like that! Bummer! 😭

I was right, Yurika was one of the biggest selling points for me. Even before I was into the whole waifu culture thingy. She's cute when she's annoyed!~

Akito really is the only one who's showing any signs of bereavement. Which makes sense since he's the one who was closest to Gai. Like, you don't share or watch together your favourite anime with just anybody, y'know?

So in this episode, 3 new pilots are introduced: Ryoko, Izumi, and Hikaru. Out of the three, I remember liking Ryoko the most. She's got a lot of spunk and a bit of an attitude, and seems annoyed by the other two, but I have a feeling they're the best at what they do. They won't be able to fill the void, but I can still appreciate 'em.

Megumi is able to comfort Akito during this tough time for him. It was an intimate moment for sure and I had a feeling their relationship/bond would be closer as a result.

Glad Akito is keeping Gai's memory alive in whatever way he can! You're a true friend, Akito! Okay, I wasn't expecting Akito and Megumi to kiss just like that, lol. &++ Of course, Yurika had to witness it.

Don't worry, Yurika! We can kiss if you want!~
Sep 17, 2022 4:33 PM
Dec 2019
I didn't realize until now this show had black humor in it... kinda of a letdown, humour and tragedy don't mix well together
Dec 10, 2022 4:38 PM

Jan 2021
Gai's gone? Well, I'm out.
May 22, 2023 5:18 PM

Jan 2020
They killed off the only likeable character...

And here I was finally able to find an anime that had a great male side-character, one that was finally more competent than the blank 17 y.o. protagonis.
But nope... they just kill him and have this apparently turn into just another harem.
I'll gives this a few more episode to see if it can recover, otherwise I'm done.
No Blood. No Bone. No Ash.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kidou Senkan Nadesico Episode 10 Discussion

cantius - Mar 26, 2009

12 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 10, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senkan Nadesico Episode 9 Discussion

gohdan - Aug 25, 2011

14 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 8, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senkan Nadesico Episode 26 Discussion

Beatnik - Jun 13, 2009

35 by Yusaku59ma »»
Dec 8, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senkan Nadesico Episode 16 Discussion

cantius - Apr 1, 2009

10 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Sep 6, 2023 11:32 PM

Poll: » Kidou Senkan Nadesico Episode 24 Discussion

Beatnik - Jun 13, 2009

12 by iamupinacloud »»
Mar 3, 2023 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.