Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2011 4:01 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wonder if he'll use his connections with the Association to get himself chosen to lead the project, he certainly has the reputation, qualifications and preparations to qualify without difficulty.
Also curious as to how Maya will handle this, honestly I thought she'd find out the way his fiance did.
May 28, 2011 12:59 PM

Sep 2008
Interesting... Somehow, I actually never imagined that Hayami was doing everything for himself. I can't believe I actually thought he was doing everything for his father, haha... Well, looks like there's some history to that, anyhow. And in the preview, it seemed like his "dad" had some hidden shrine for the Scarlet Angel?! Creepy...

Hm yes, I'm also curious as to how Maya will deal with finding out who "Mr. Purple Roses" actually is... if she doesn't go into denial or something, that is.
Jun 30, 2013 7:05 PM
Jan 2013
About time he finally gave her a hint to his identity. I don't know if he did that on purpose or because he saw the play only once.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Jul 22, 2013 10:06 PM

Sep 2012
Hopefully she finally figures it out by now.
May 10, 2014 4:20 AM
Oct 2009
A slip-up there Mr Purple Roses! So has she finally figured it out.. not like he didn't drop enough hints till now...
Dec 22, 2014 5:26 PM

Oct 2007
he is either digging his own grave or building his own stairway to heaven :D

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 19, 2016 10:09 AM

Jun 2015
Somehow I want to stop watching the show here and call it an ending. xD
Aug 26, 2016 9:50 AM

Oct 2015
That cat is out the bag finally
Aug 14, 2017 5:43 PM
Aug 2014
The award show lacked any tension and build-up.

Maybe now we'll finally find out why everyone is so interested in and old play that was only performed for one run.

Hopefully Maya has finally figured out who Mr. Purple Roses is and her revelation won't be overturned at the start of the next episode.
Dec 7, 2019 7:16 AM

Oct 2015
Glad Tsukikage got to live. Also congrats to Maya for winning the award.

I bet Hayami will brush off the fact he's the purple rose fan to Maya.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 25, 2021 3:51 AM

May 2015
I noticed they changed the scarf but didn't think much of it, happy its finally out! Still not sure how I feel about their relationship though.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso is shit
Feb 2, 2022 7:16 AM

Feb 2012
I was wondering why Hayami didn't attend the later versions of the play, but it was so that they could have his purple rose identity revealed dramatically. Since he only saw the play once, he didn't know the scarf had been changed to a different colour.

As for how he matches with Maya, well, I've accepted that he's been set up as the romantic lead from the start. But if I tried to summarise the character in one word it would be manipulative. And that should be a warning sign to Maya, even if he's also shown kindness. One could even speculate that the character has some kind of personality disorder.

Tsukikage's little competition ended as predicted. I still find it a bit strange. It's like she doesn't care about who'd be the best actress for the role after all, if a certain award is required to qualify. We've seen already in this show how awards aren't necessarily given for the best performance but for the "right" person. Of course an award ensures that the play will get maximum attention, but if Tsukikage is so serious about the lead's acting abilities, awards shouldn't come into it.
Jun 26, 2022 8:27 AM

Oct 2014
Feorg said:
I was wondering why Hayami didn't attend the later versions of the play, but it was so that they could have his purple rose identity revealed dramatically. Since he only saw the play once, he didn't know the scarf had been changed to a different colour.

As for how he matches with Maya, well, I've accepted that he's been set up as the romantic lead from the start. But if I tried to summarise the character in one word it would be manipulative. And that should be a warning sign to Maya, even if he's also shown kindness. One could even speculate that the character has some kind of personality disorder.

Tsukikage's little competition ended as predicted. I still find it a bit strange. It's like she doesn't care about who'd be the best actress for the role after all, if a certain award is required to qualify. We've seen already in this show how awards aren't necessarily given for the best performance but for the "right" person. Of course an award ensures that the play will get maximum attention, but if Tsukikage is so serious about the lead's acting abilities, awards shouldn't come into it.

Hayami being manipulative is an accurate depicted of him. Although for me, he is constantly manipulating her into hating him which what makes their relationship interesting even though it initially made me uncomfortable because I can't stand this type of age gap. A bit toxic but it can change if he stops building a wall.

As for the rewards, I think Tsukikage wanted her to get the world recognition. "Like if you are such a good actress, the world will recognize you." And I'm sure she knew Maya is so good that people will eventually acknowledge her skills.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 51 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 12, 2011

34 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 49 Discussion

9 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 45 Discussion

senerikfred - Dec 13, 2009

11 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Glass no Kamen (2005) Episode 47 Discussion

greentutu - Jun 29, 2013

7 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 46 Discussion

5 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 6:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.