Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Genshiken
Available on Manga Store
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 24, 2013 8:38 PM

Nov 2012
first episode.. XD okay I guess. no it is better than season 1 XD
ogiue and kuchiki :3
ogiue looks cute btw :3
Sep 18, 2014 1:16 AM

Apr 2013
Yea they definitely upped the comedy in this one compared to s1 like Xinil said. This was a really funny episode. New girl Ogiue seems like she will make a good addition to the group. I'm still on the fence with Kuchiki though.
Sep 23, 2014 1:37 AM

Feb 2013
That was a really funny episode. I kinda like the new girl. I cringed so hard when she was found out. I guess there isn't a girl who doesn't like gay men. Ogiue was about to jump from the third floor! Great episode!
Feb 12, 2015 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that does not regret the first season, starting in the best way, with a joke epic Ogi-chin.
Narratively is very usable and no troublesome points.
Plot advancing well, drawings by Chara Design a little different; now I would very nearly that old.
The new opening not like what the old one, the ending instead is unchanged and is beautiful to listen to.
Dec 13, 2015 9:48 PM

Sep 2013
Ogiue reminds me of a very young me. Those were some terrible memories.

The shame of being "found out" and fear of people accusing you of liking certain fetishes leads the individual to deny said fetish with absolute hostility.

Really though, the art... I didn't think I'd miss the older one.
nep-nepDec 13, 2015 9:52 PM
Jan 15, 2016 6:01 AM

Aug 2013
I liked the focus on the episode. It was funny to see how much she was hating yaoi only to be into the one about a basketball series...I am actually one who dislikes yaoi also, not to the point where I will slander it...though I did want to rip up those FMA ones in the episode lol. Other than that, I know I tried it in high school, but it really was not my thing. That Kucchi guy is very....obnoxious XD reminds me some someone I know.
My friend made my forum pic.
Jan 15, 2016 6:02 AM

Aug 2013
nep-nep said:
Ogiue reminds me of a very young me. Those were some terrible memories.

The shame of being "found out" and fear of people accusing you of liking certain fetishes leads the individual to deny said fetish with absolute hostility.

Really though, the art... I didn't think I'd miss the older one.
The coloring looks more accurate to the original manga, however I noticed the hair is not as detailed as in the first series. It doesn't bother me though. All good :3
Potatsu-san said:
So does Ohno really like black guys??.....If so.... As a black otaku... I find this very intriguing.... xD
>.>
<.<

I thought it was that she liked older bald guys.... ._.
DanaRenaJan 15, 2016 6:13 AM
My friend made my forum pic.
Dec 7, 2016 9:12 AM

Feb 2013
Ogiue and Kuchiki are the new members.
She is a fujoshi hating fujoshi's and she is funny!
Jul 29, 2017 8:48 AM

Oct 2012
"No woman doesn't like gay men"
Oh no
Oooohhhh noooo

┌(┌ ^o^)┐ ホモォ

That censorship xD

Pic? Naahhh video too! xD

Exactly! What did I miss in that commotion? xD
Ogiue is my new favorite character now!
Rayl1ghtJul 29, 2017 9:06 AM
"Signature removed"
Jan 15, 2018 2:34 PM
Nov 2012
Never saw vinland saga and school days near each other tho XD
Feb 8, 2018 10:30 AM
Mar 2016
This must be the most funniest episode of Genshiken.
Oct 29, 2018 11:12 PM

Apr 2013
not sure if i like ohno's "new personality" tbh
and about the new animation... is okay i guess??? i wish they kept madarame's tanned skin though, he looked better that way
Jun 3, 2020 3:52 PM

Aug 2017
New member, she is quite funny. Also noticed the change in the art style, don't really have a problem with it, I think Saki hair looks even better now.
Apr 15, 2022 12:13 AM

Aug 2020
No way, this thread was made by Xinil himself?

Besides that, I found this episode very funny and I appreciate the number of references to anime and manga (that aren't Kujibiki Unbalance). I counted Vinland Saga, xxxHolic, Slam Dunk, and possibly Monogatari.

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Sep 13, 2022 10:45 PM

Jan 2020
I don't recall hardly anything about the original series, so I'm going to see if I can skim episode synopses, but hopefully it'll all work out for the best. Alright, the wiki just summed them up in like one sentence each, and the two Youtubers I gave the benefit of the doubt to wouldn't actually talk about the content. So, I guess I'm just going in blind. Luckily it doesn't seem like the show has a ton of plot, so it'll probably be okay.

For as dated as this is, the conversations are still pretty amusing. I wasn't expecting Ogiue to have such blind hatred for yaoi. My initial thoughts are maybe it's because she prefers yuri? I guess we'll see. Nope, she is just vastly embarrassed about her fetish. Well, at least she has one. With her constant push back against doujin and masturbation I was afraid she was going to be some straightedge bore. At least she isn't.

Ohno proudly proclaiming what she masturbates too was probably my favorite moment.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jun 28, 2023 11:31 PM

Jun 2021
HEY WHY THE MAL BOT DIDN'T SEND ME TO THIS THREAD??? HOLY F*CK
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genshiken OVA Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Trie - Nov 10, 2007

52 by Euroqean »»
Oct 30, 2023 4:34 PM

Poll: » Genshiken OVA Episode 3 Discussion

mild_even - Jun 15, 2007

43 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Aug 7, 2023 8:43 AM

» When episode 1

Adriannitro - Jun 28, 2023

0 by Adriannitro »»
Jun 28, 2023 11:30 PM

» Saki's Hair

usama7660 - May 5, 2009

6 by bizarf »»
Sep 19, 2015 8:00 AM

» Genshiken TV 2

Kayrhandros - Apr 26, 2007

2 by Baman »»
Jun 15, 2007 10:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.