Forum Settings
Forums

Gurren Lagann & KlK creator said "Fanservice in anime is necessary, else humanity will disappear"

New
May 17, 9:01 AM

May 2019
I believe every word that man said, because it's exactly what i wanted to hear.

May 17, 9:11 AM

Jul 2021
i mean no horny= no sex= humanity ceases to exist

i see no lies

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 17, 9:13 AM

Sep 2014
Well considering he's Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill director I will say that humanity definitely don't need HIS fanservice.
May 17, 9:18 AM

Aug 2013
Truly a man of culture eh? *sips tea*
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima
May 17, 9:25 AM

Oct 2010
says the dude who made the most tame ecchi fanservice in anime. If he likes ecchi so much then how come he makes no ecchi? he's a fraud, true ecchi creators talk with their pens, look at yabuki and mahoako director.
May 17, 9:25 AM

Dec 2019
Dropping that huge facts bomb he is that guy
May 17, 9:45 AM

Oct 2014
Depending on how you define fanservice, it is necessary to anime. You can't have a show that's purely narratively driven otherwise it won't have enough viewers. You need some ecchi or cool fights to get the commoners invested enough for the show to be successful. Ecchi can also give a bit of breathing room for a show so it doesn't feel too serious.
May 17, 9:46 AM

Nov 2021
Based as hell. I don't think it's necessary, like it shouldn't be in every single anime, but an average series like Fire Force can be enhanced with some delicious Tamaki for example.
Taiga best girl forever.
May 17, 9:55 AM
Aug 2020
Agree. Especially uncensored.
And the funnier the better.
Something like Interspecies Reviewers.
May 17, 10:00 AM

Sep 2016
Gurren Lagann & KlK creator said "Fanservice in anime is necessary, else humanity will disappear"

... else humanity will disappear? No way.

... else Anime will disappear? Probably, for the most part.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 17, 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
Very big brain there champ not gonna lie.
May 17, 10:09 AM

Aug 2013
I don't like trigger and KLK but this guy is absolutely right.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 17, 10:11 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
No wonder his shows aren't good, especially KLK which is really bad

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 17, 10:16 AM

Jul 2013
Assume every OP is a troll or a bot, just fyi...

Mar 2023
Everything he said was factual true.

Apr 2024
We need more rube Goldberg machines to flip anime girl skirts.
May 17, 10:38 AM

Nov 2015
ok but I would rather have more male fanservice than female fanservice.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
May 17, 10:43 AM

Jul 2013
And people that take anime seriously are crazy imo...
May 17, 10:53 AM

Dec 2022
Well if it's for public immunity, then I guess I'll enjoy these anime titties in the name of preventative healthcare. Itadakimasu!
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
May 17, 10:57 AM

Dec 2021
KIK? Didn’t know that platform was still around.
May 17, 11:07 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to Old_School_Akira
ok but I would rather have more male fanservice than female fanservice.
@Old_School_Akira

same, but specifically old men
May 17, 11:49 AM

Sep 2014
I'm glad people here communally agree with his opinion in spite of the bad anime he created.
May 17, 11:58 AM
Jun 2021
Based. God bless you Imaishi-san. A true anime lover through and through that knows what's the best in anime: giant robots and beautiful women.

@KryzakamiHrybami I think his anime work as romps. Simple, fun romps. That's what Triggerkeks don't understand - his anime are meant to be simple. His whole style is probably the closest to what a mecha fan thinks should be an anime - a decent story, well done character designs and good action.
TheMechaManiacMay 17, 12:05 PM
Hot Blood saves lives.
May 17, 1:33 PM

Mar 2008
Good they linked back to the source
https://febri.jp/topics/kill-la-kill_10-year-anniversary_01/

He is basically saying if people arent used to sexy or scandalous things it would be too overwhelming and everyone would keel over dead lol i get the sentiment
traedMay 17, 2:01 PM
May 17, 1:37 PM

Jul 2013
Dumbfucks. Near term human extinction is actually gonna happen. And your anime shit wont save you...
May 17, 1:46 PM

Apr 2015
Might be true, imagine how boring would be without horny stuff
May 17, 1:53 PM

Aug 2018
Sounds like Kazuki Nakashima's and Hiroyuki Imaishi's new hit light novel is progressing nicely. I heard its working title is "reincarnated in world where fan service is increasingly vanishing and humanity will soon disappear"
May 17, 1:59 PM

Sep 2018
Fanservice is a big part of anime that keeps it above most mediums. Imo
May 17, 2:12 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to rohan121
Fanservice is a big part of anime that keeps it above most mediums. Imo
@rohan121 so you like Konosuba, based on your avatar, right??
May 17, 2:32 PM

Sep 2018
Reply to DesuMaiden
@rohan121 so you like Konosuba, based on your avatar, right??
@DesuMaiden I enjoyed all Konosuba anime outside the megumin spinoff which was just ok.
May 17, 2:35 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to rohan121
@DesuMaiden I enjoyed all Konosuba anime outside the megumin spinoff which was just ok.
@rohan121 i like Konosuba alot...I watched it recently btw...
May 17, 2:43 PM

Jan 2009
imaishi works are usually horny the best of it is dead leaves and re cutie honey but he also said that you cannot make those anime today anymore in another article

Anime Like Kill La Kill Can’t Be Made Anymore, Says Director Hiroyuki Imaishi https://animehunch.com/anime-like-kill-la-kill-cant-be-made-anymore-says-director-hiroyuki-imaishi/
May 17, 4:33 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to deg
imaishi works are usually horny the best of it is dead leaves and re cutie honey but he also said that you cannot make those anime today anymore in another article

Anime Like Kill La Kill Can’t Be Made Anymore, Says Director Hiroyuki Imaishi https://animehunch.com/anime-like-kill-la-kill-cant-be-made-anymore-says-director-hiroyuki-imaishi/
@deg sounds like moralfags ruining the day again?
May 17, 4:45 PM

Sep 2014
Reply to DesuMaiden
@deg sounds like moralfags ruining the day again?
@DesuMaiden Moralfags will always find something to complain about. That's not stopping anything from being produced since there are enough controversial stuffs coming out these days to prove this. And people are willing to pay for them.

People who complain about how things cannot be said/done anymore are either extremists or cowards. Imaishi seems like he falls into the latter.
May 17, 4:54 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to KryzakamiHrybami
@DesuMaiden Moralfags will always find something to complain about. That's not stopping anything from being produced since there are enough controversial stuffs coming out these days to prove this. And people are willing to pay for them.

People who complain about how things cannot be said/done anymore are either extremists or cowards. Imaishi seems like he falls into the latter.
@KryzakamiHrybami what makes you think moralfags cannot successfully censor the Internet. They can...
May 17, 5:12 PM

Sep 2014
Reply to DesuMaiden
@KryzakamiHrybami what makes you think moralfags cannot successfully censor the Internet. They can...
@DesuMaiden Moralfags don't censor anythings though. On the other hand, that's what conservatives are trying to do...
May 17, 5:18 PM

Mar 2008
@DesuMaiden Moralfags don't censor anythings though. On the other hand, that's what conservatives are trying to do...
@KryzakamiHrybami
They do that because their view on morals though so you have a misunderstanding on what kind of person that term applies to. Also legal guidlines in Japan literally have harmed and shaped the industry
https://www.grimoireofhorror.com/the-yurei/2010s-tokyo-metropolitan-ordinance-on-health-development-of-youth/
May 17, 5:31 PM

Sep 2014
Reply to traed
@KryzakamiHrybami
They do that because their view on morals though so you have a misunderstanding on what kind of person that term applies to. Also legal guidlines in Japan literally have harmed and shaped the industry
https://www.grimoireofhorror.com/the-yurei/2010s-tokyo-metropolitan-ordinance-on-health-development-of-youth/
@traed I've read your article and I still have no idea what misunderstanding you're referring to.
May 17, 5:35 PM

Mar 2008
@traed I've read your article and I still have no idea what misunderstanding you're referring to.
@KryzakamiHrybami
I meant for some reason you excluded conservatives (even politicians) as moralists because you said moralists don't censor.
May 17, 5:39 PM

Sep 2014
Reply to traed
@KryzakamiHrybami
I meant for some reason you excluded conservatives (even politicians) as moralists because you said moralists don't censor.
@traed Sorry for misunderstanding, but I thought moralfags was just a internet slang for people moralizing and arguing online... It's not exactly what conservative do when they attempt to censor.
May 17, 5:42 PM
Jun 2021
@traed Sorry for misunderstanding, but I thought moralfags was just a internet slang for people moralizing and arguing online... It's not exactly what conservative do when they attempt to censor.
@KryzakamiHrybami they're something in between. Some of them genuinely have power and would like to censor stuff just because, while others are holier than thou types.
Hot Blood saves lives.
May 17, 5:45 PM

Aug 2016
How cute of him to assume the audience of fanservice shows has anything to do with humanity not disappearing
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
May 17, 7:09 PM

Jul 2013
@KryzakamiHrybami and nobody likes conservatives...

More topics from this board

» Does your opinion of a voice actor change when you hear them voice characters in hentai?

Dragevard - Yesterday

15 by CaptainKenshiro »»
2 minutes ago

» Would you watch AI anime?

solacez - Yesterday

41 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
3 minutes ago

» Say, how does an anime look like on an HD CRT television from the early to mid 2000's or a rear projection TV manufactured around the same time period?

MaximumHolder500 - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » r/Anime vs MyAnimelist. ( 1 2 )

Makoto_Yuri - Apr 21, 2022

92 by KittenCuddler »»
10 minutes ago

» Favorite Sports Anime ?

tchitchouan - May 25

28 by juanlqr »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.