Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
May 13, 7:57 PM

Oct 2022
i'm thinking about starting it soon. is it any good, or should i just skip it? does this have any ntr? is that why it's so hated???
FruitPunchBakaMay 13, 8:14 PM
May 13, 8:03 PM
Jan 2021
Progression is minimal. Plus, some of the interactions are just too far from reality to be enjoyable even in an anime.
May 13, 8:19 PM

Jul 2022
The other characters are not that creative, the progression of the story is too slow, the "comedy" is not fun at all, the soundtrack is forgetful... it's a really bad anime in general.
May 13, 8:27 PM

Apr 2021
because for every 2 steps the characters progress/develop, the author make them regress 3 steps.
May 13, 8:40 PM
Aug 2021
FruitPunchBaka said:
i'm thinking about starting it soon. is it any good, or should i just skip it? does this have any ntr? is that why it's so hated???

One of the main problems is the progression of the story, you can literally skip 1 season and you won't miss anything important, the comedy was good in the beginning, but once you see the same 100 times there no way someone can laugh, every chapter/ episode the author reset all the progression and everything continues as if nothing had happened.
May 13, 9:08 PM
Aug 2022
FruitPunchBaka said:

there's not many mainstream anime with ntr
May 13, 9:10 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Almost no progression or story advancement is what I don't like the most from this series.

The manga has reached more than 300 chapters and both Kazuya and Chizuru still feel kinda distant to each other, and not to mention Kazuya still overreact and blushing like crazy whenever he is close to her or thinking about her.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 13, 9:29 PM

Nov 2019
Basically the author, whose wife just welcame their newly-born infant at the time, claimed Chizuru to be his girlfriend on Twitter, now formally X. He even posted pictures of their quality times together.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

May 13, 9:30 PM
Mar 2021
nothing happens in the show
May 13, 9:48 PM

Jul 2015
I actually find Ruka even more unlikable than Kazuya.

May 13, 11:01 PM
May 2022
The manga has been way too drawn out, the entirety of the essential story could’ve been condensed to 50 chapters which adapts to a 12 episode limited series. But the fact that the current count is 36 anime episodes and 328 manga chapters, just shows the author doesn’t know how to write a story because these characters and this story don’t warrant putting us through this drawn out pain
May 14, 12:08 AM
Sep 2021
Piromysl said:

Ruka doesn't get called out on her actions

also unlike Kazuya, the fans actually like her and ignore her garbage personality too lol
May 14, 12:34 AM
Aug 2023
Nothing ever progress’s. It’s annoying watching something just for it to go nowhere. Hoping that will change but from what I’ve heard it never does.
May 14, 2:48 AM
Mar 2021
FruitPunchBaka said:

People don’t like the MC and the aspect of the rent a girlfriend aspect. As for the manga it seems to drag on in peoples minds. However, I like the show and it’s openings. If you don’t like that 3-4 girls like him that could also be a point again the show. Personally I look forward to every season so if it was me I would watch it for myself and decide. Who knows you might like it.
May 14, 3:14 AM
Mar 2022
Everytime Ruka gets screentime
May 14, 3:22 AM
Aug 2023
The show itself is nothing but a drag, The female character designs and animation is the only Saving grace for this show

If you take Chizuru's and Kazuya's relationship in the 1st few episode and compare it to the latest one you'll see that literally nothing changes.

The mc is pathetic and insufferable, He has a girlfriend already who loves him more than anything but still runs behind Chizuru like a dog.
The MC being the wuss he is can't even make a decision of what he wants and let's his dick do the thinking for him in almost all situations
May 14, 4:14 AM
Apr 2021
It's mostly that it has 0% progress and it's quite repeatable
May 14, 4:17 AM

Jan 2023
The story and romance taking it a sweet sweet while to move forward, with S3 having the most so far.

Also Ruka, and that one blonde {^%]*].
May 14, 4:29 AM
Nov 2022
You will regret watching it.
May 14, 4:33 AM
Mar 2021
FruitPunchBaka said:

mostly the hate is because of manga because there is almost no development in story of manga for like last 50-100 chapters

anime so far is actually good although I do recommend stopping right at season 3 after that the manga basically keeps on repeating itself

i haven't read the entire manga I took random chapters in between. I still understood it all because of the minimum story devlopment
May 14, 4:57 AM
Nov 2023
I think you should watch it, all 3 seasons, locked in a room with no way out. Then you will have the answer to your question, which nobody else can answer.
May 14, 5:12 AM

May 2024
it is fun to watch if you are in the right mood
don't listen to the haters
At the end of this day,
one shall stand, one shall fall!

May 14, 5:59 AM

Jan 2013
If you watch it just to be entertained you'll be fine, but if you're watching it in the hopes of genuinely liking it...
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 14, 6:25 AM
Jun 2022
This is how to simp - the anime. It's so frustrating watching the main character follow a girl who isn't really interested in him, spend all his money and time, even gets a girlfriend and ignore her for the girl he's simping after. He should have just moved on. Season 3 was a small redemption, but there's so much better romances than this. This is not how a relationship is or should ever be.
May 14, 7:27 AM

Dec 2020
No, it’s just very poorly written. This show just provides really nothing of value.
May 14, 7:45 AM
Jan 2023
if you want to, go for it don't expect anything tho every now and again it's nice to watch a bad show to appreciate the good ones. don't expect it to be good if that's what your looking for
May 14, 8:37 AM
Nov 2018
It's enough for me to just dislike Kazuya. He's the MC, but he never goes into any personal growth. He gets fooled by the same things over and over. The fact you follow him around through the anime was enough to make me quit. I liked the first season you expected the faults and felt like he wanted to improve himself. Where it ended was halfway through the second season for me. So I kinda recommend the first season, but I wouldn't go any further.
MoppitMay 14, 9:40 AM
May 14, 9:02 AM
Jun 2023
Repetitive Repetitive and Repetitive
May 14, 9:52 AM
Jun 2022
I liked the show even tho people hate it
May 14, 12:36 PM
Jun 2021
The characters are mostly unbelievable. The scenarios are so out there that nobody in their right mind would like it. Nothing that happens builds the relationships up. The drama is overdone. Its horrible show, Ill see you all next season
May 14, 1:21 PM
Dec 2019
FruitPunchBaka said:

I think it’s really good. Because people don’t have the attention span for it they complain about it being drawn out and there being no progression when that’s far from the truth. S1 introduces, S2 is exploration, Season is dramatics, and etc. there’s a story to tell but obviously there are some who know how this ends and would rather have something rushed than worth while, give it a shot and see if you like it because it’s nearing its end sometime soon here as the end goal is where we’re at right now in the manga……unless the “investigation” somehow contiinues then maybe some of the people might have a point.
May 14, 1:24 PM
Dec 2019
What I don’t like is ruka because she just does things to herself when anything she does could be avoided and the MC because you have sumi whose the obvious best girl and you’re choosing the only girl who clearly doesn’t like you but the whole point of the story is to force her to like you. On second thoughts maybe this isn’t worth watching. Oh well I enjoy it and I’m already too far deep in 😁
May 14, 2:01 PM
Aug 2022
It’s genuinely not as bad as people make it out to be, but don’t be expecting anything out of it. It’s a show to turn your brain off and try to get laughs out of whether you’re laughing with it or at it.

Problem is how dragged out it is. The show should’ve been done by season 3 but you will see that it pulls the same gag with making you think Kazuya is going to confess to Chizuru just to find out it was a cop out every time. The characters are also annoying and bland excluding Kazuya. The main antagonist Mami has literal no reason to have this toxic personality towards everyone, she hasn’t been given any justification to who she is. Chizuru also is just annoying by season 3 with this stoic act she has about her feelings for Kazuya, and the fact that she only still considers him a business partner gets old fast really quick.

You might have a good time watching but if you think about the show too much it’ll piss you off
May 14, 2:23 PM

Feb 2021
Idk why but I really like this show.

But it also helped that I watched it for the first time before knowing anything about the anime community, so I had no idea what the general consensus on the show was, and so I went completely blind.
May 14, 11:18 PM
Dec 2023
the way the mc acts seems a bit tooo repetitive and not enough scenes with the other rent a girlfriends!
May 15, 11:35 AM
Apr 2020
nothing happens it's just an illusion, even in the manga nothing has happened in all the years it's been publishing.
May 15, 11:53 AM
Aug 2018
The author is milking the series. I got baited... I thought after the "making the movie" arc, there would be at least some progress. Instead, it's none, just regression.
May 15, 1:30 PM
Jan 2019
Harems are deadass lame.

Keeping up with appearances is exhausting to watch.

The short haired girl was annoying.

It’s a mindless watch really. Not interesting and poor depiction of female characters is something I can’t stand.
May 16, 8:16 PM
Oct 2021
i hate that it's my guilty pleasure show and that i will keep watching it to see how low it can go..
May 17, 4:40 AM
Dec 2021
zero progression. Chizuru is a deeply unlikeable person. sumi and ruka are 1 note for the most part. it's just really bad
May 17, 9:42 PM
Aug 2021
FruitPunchBaka said:

Well...Despite All The Hate, Ur Poll Results Are Quite Even So That Should Tell U Something.
I Personally Quite Love The Show/Manga, Sure...It Can Ger Dragged Out And Whatnot But...It's Still Entertaining To Me
May 19, 6:32 PM
Dec 2021
literally the progression
May 21, 5:22 PM

Aug 2022
Chizuru is dumber than most anime viewers think. As the series goes on, it seems like Reiji Miyajima's love for his story's female lead has drastically affected the course of the series. To the point that in chapters that take place after Season 3 of the anime, "progress" takes a major step back several times due to Chizuru's stupid decisions. Heck, I would argue post Season 3 Chizuru is worse at talking to Kazuya compared to the likes of Komi Shouko. It's that bad.

Due to how dislikable Kazuya is depicted in both the manga and anime, if you are really going to dive into this series I unironically recommend starting out with the live action version of Rent-a-Girlfriend instead. Why? Live action Kazuya is the least insufferable version of the character. His cringy monologues where he extols the beauty of Chizuru's mitochondria takes up several pages in the manga. They are so bad that the live action version decided to have them streamlined to jokey one liners that last typically less than 5 seconds.
May 24, 9:55 AM
Aug 2023
Ruka loses 😭🙏
May 24, 9:56 AM
Aug 2023
Piromysl said:

Everyone is insufferable but Ruka is best girl 🤷
May 24, 9:57 AM
Aug 2023
Ab_271004 said:
Everytime Ruka gets screentime

Average chizuru fan
May 24, 9:58 AM
Aug 2023
Kaitaka12 said:
The show itself is nothing but a drag, The female character designs and animation is the only Saving grace for this show

If you take Chizuru's and Kazuya's relationship in the 1st few episode and compare it to the latest one you'll see that literally nothing changes.

The mc is pathetic and insufferable, He has a girlfriend already who loves him more than anything but still runs behind Chizuru like a dog.
The MC being the wuss he is can't even make a decision of what he wants and let's his dick do the thinking for him in almost all situations

Average goat ruka fan 🙏
May 24, 10:23 AM

Jul 2010
"i'm thinking about starting it soon. is it any good, or should i just skip it? does this have any ntr? is that why it's so hated???"

MC gets better, you can't compare MC from the S1 and S3, at least his determination and over-willingness to help, but he stays simp though. If you like/can digest harem theme, and like rom-com genre then you should check it out. But you should take a notice that manga has 350+ chapters, enough material for 3 more seasons, so progress is slow and you will need to wait a lot.
Jun 5, 4:42 AM
Oct 2022
FruitPunchBaka said:

it depends on what you were asking for in a romance anime. To be honest the anime was decently good however many people hate it because the main character was lame and through its 3 seasons, The mc and the romance plot of it doeant really progress that much. but in term of comedy it really packs a punch. however in manga of it was a different story. I hate it because it is literally trolling its readers.Overall If you want a comedic anime with a bit of romance why not? but dont expect it to be just as romantic as other anime because you will get dissapointed. just watch it for the pure fun of it and never invest in any of the characters in this anime. because nothing really happens, nothing really progresses
Jun 7, 8:43 AM

Feb 2021
the progression in it is god awful, everything literally has to center on kazuya but he keeps making the worst possible decisions

More topics from this board

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

80 by liveleaked »»
Jun 7, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

216 by gamer78 »»
May 18, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.