Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vampire Dormitory
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, Mito needs more careful when she's walking alone in the city. She's a popular target for being picked on. Luckily, this episode had Ren interfere in the neck of time. Glad they got more screen time together because up to this point, it's been mostly her and Ruka together. Now they gave Ren some fair chance to bond with her too.

Got to see a little bit of Ren's past too. At this point, I think he's protrayed as the second most important male character, just behind Ruka.
May 5, 8:05 AM

Jul 2017
Mito gets an awakening from Maina that she admires Ruka and wants to be his girlfriend, and Ren has to come at the wrong time...to suddenly show his true colours to her, as a fellow vampire.

Mito coming back to see Ruka engrossed in his game and him asking about her progress with Maina, it's the other way around, and she begins to feel feelings for him, that he would not reciprocate since he only sees her as a man. And her running away from the dormitory, only to get nearly assaulted by guys and saved by Ren, who carries her back to his place.

Mito finally knowing that Ren is a vampire-human half-hybrid of a dhampir, he isn't exactly accepted by either part of the spectrum, which she can sympathize with after losing her parents in a similar manner. And being in similar circumstances, Ren not only sees her as a man, but more than a friend, of which she's also in-between two halves of the same coin. And Ruka making a ruckus trying to find Mito within the same dormitory, the feud between him and Ren gets worse no thanks to her.

For a girl in love, to be seen as a crossdressing man, the problems amplify double the weight.
May 5, 8:22 AM
Oct 2012
Oh man the Ren scene was so good but then it kinda just went stale. Honestly tho I am team Ren but cause he is the secondary character it will probably be ruka. FML
May 5, 8:30 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Every week I can't help but feel Mito would've been so much hotter if she was actually a femboy like everyone else thinks she looks like instead of just another run of the mill heroine. This anime could've been better than it is
May 5, 8:47 AM
Sep 2015
Disappointed that Ren is not werewolf.
May 5, 11:00 AM

Sep 2011
ren's still best boi and i really want to give founder the damn finger.
May 5, 12:15 PM
Aug 2022
Funny how some random dude is smarter than every character in the show and found out Mito is a girl.

I mean ngl it’s pretty obvious a lot of the time.

I swear though Ren is 1000x more of an interesting and better character than Ruka. I used to like Ruka but he’s starting to just annoy me now.

Again I seriously hope at least 1 character finds out about mito being a girl
May 5, 4:26 PM

Jun 2022
ok... another surprising but cringe episode... emrmmrmrmrm
now i think that they should be a throuple or smth!!! i said in the 1st ep i only wanted ruka and mito tgt but ren is fr striking an arrow thru mito girl.....
oh and here comes the misunderstanding stuff again gollyyyyyyyyy

May 5, 11:45 PM
Jul 2013
That is super compromising and I am somehow impressed nobody is having a major gay panic, just an average gay panic.
May 6, 12:06 AM

Feb 2019
Ren being a werewolf would’ve made this so much better and officially twilight the anime lmao. Really dig he and Mito relationship a lot more than she and Ruka

Someone finally realised she’s a girl??! About time, next episode should be interesting
May 6, 7:26 PM

Mar 2008
For a moment I thought Mito was going to sleep in bed without the blanket on her. Like hold up arent you still trying to pass as a guy? How are you going to explain the lack of a bulge? Wait, does Mito stuff her pants? I dont recall seeing any scene suggesting such

Phantom_373 said:
Funny how some random dude is smarter than every character in the show and found out Mito is a girl.

lol yeah he didnt even have a good look and just was like "nope that's a girl" and went into all sorts of detail no one else noticed

Marinate1016 said:
Ren being a werewolf would’ve made this so much better and officially twilight the anime lmao. Really dig he and Mito relationship a lot more than she and Ruka

Someone finally realised she’s a girl??! About time, next episode should be interesting

I was expecting him to be a werewolf too lol Dhampire makes sense though aside from his mom leaving like wtf. I dunno maybe she was

Im just getting annoyed we arent given any explanation on why Mito is passing off as a boy to begin with.
May 7, 5:38 PM
Mar 2015
It felt like half the episode was flashbacks, and half of those were from the current episode. So lazy and annoying! And it's only episode 5 - it's not like we really need that much of a reminder; how about working on progressing the story? At least limit it to a couple seconds of a still from the scene being referenced, or if repeating all of the dialogue is really necessary, do it as a voiceover memory while the visuals are a new scene, with like how a character is reacting while remembering in the current moment, or something.

My expectations continue to lower (along with the show's score, apparently)...
May 9, 12:04 PM

Oct 2020
I just watched episode 5 because I had internet issues. I'm not too fond of Mito being portrayed as a guy from the start. It would been better with her shown as a girl. I wish someone exposed her as a girl soon. Or maybe Komori knows?
I like the opening song of Vampire Dormitory.
And somehow Ren strikes me as a character of Fruits Basket.
May 10, 1:44 AM

Oct 2022
She managed to create a huge mess -- too many lies, too many missed opportunities to tell those two that she's a girl. She was able to stop Ruka and Ren fighting 'til now, but both guys are on the edge. I wonder if Ren is strong enough to fight a vampire.
UndefeatedBahamut
May 19, 7:34 PM

Jan 2016
Ren almost triggered me by violating her lips. Him sleeping next to her is okay since she was in sleep distress so him being near likely helped her sleep better.

Okay, so he's no a werewolf, he's half-vampire. Wouldn't it be technically possible for him to become whole vampire if mother became vampire? or did she not really?

The door kick was so funny, if they weren't all boys (or so they think) and if they weren't' all "friends" this would be "break-up" material, but they are all self-claimed heterosexual boys confused for their love of Mito, and all "friends".

Ruka needs to make up his mind whether or not to say "screw you founder!" or let Mito go and I guess be with Ren, both being outcasts generally.

4/5, Ren giving sexual assault vibes ruined it for me, even if brief.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Dormitory Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - 9 hours ago

9 by JuliaMussLachen »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Vampire Dormitory Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2

37 by Ikano »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Vampire Dormitory Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26

19 by KANLen09 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Vampire Dormitory Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19

23 by KANLen09 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Vampire Dormitory Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 7

60 by DominusPopuli »»
Jun 4, 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.