Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha II: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
Ooh, they're giving Lay quite a responsibility this episode. Seems this even caught him as a surprise.

This episode is also one of those where Emilia's class struggles again. They need to learn better from each other and work as a team. Nonetheless, I respect Lay for taking on the task assigned to him. Not always easy to go out and try to be a leader.
May 3, 6:42 AM
Jul 2018
Nice episode 👏
Emilia may be the star of the episode
May 3, 8:25 AM

Dec 2021
Each episode just makes me feel worse for Emilia.

Emilia and the students of the Hero Academy challenge the magic of dragon suppression, De Jerias, a magical barrier employed by humans in their conflict against dragons millennia ago. This barrier manifests as innumerable magical threads that coil around a dragon's form, constricting tighter with each struggle. With a resounding noise, it seals the dragon's magic. Nonetheless, this spell proves ineffectual against elder dragons like ancient ones and the scarce, formidable variants. However, they fail due to a lack of coordination with Raos and the others. In that moment, Emilia glimpses their sense of helplessness.

Meanwhile, Lay, invited as a hero, meets with Lycius Engelo Gairadite, the 106th king of the Royal Capital Gairadite. Asked to save ailing royals, he guides them to the subterranean sacred lake where the royals are undergoing treatment, only to find it deserted. Suddenly, a dragon emerges and ensnares them with viscous strands of mucus. Lycius delivers a sermon about humanity's salvation through dragons before summoning the Keeper of Emotion, Enes Ne Mes.

Things are finally picking up, I just hope it doesn't end up messy like last cour/part.

May 3, 9:58 AM
Sep 2020
Damn season 1 made me want the worst for Emilia and now season 2 has been making me like and root for Emilia's redemption arc. Great story
May 3, 10:05 AM

Feb 2021
Great episode, really liked Emilia's development, it was wholesome :). I've been waiting for this since the start of the season and I'm satisfied.
May 3, 10:46 AM

Jan 2023
A really great and positive conclusion to Emilia's arc I would say. Also, nice to see these heroes students finally able to move forward.
In the meantime, Lay and Misa face off with an evil king, seemingly involved in the plan of those pesky gods.
We do no not see Anos a whole lot this week but he's keeping an eye on things.

A very decent episode overall :)
May 3, 10:58 AM
Aug 2015
The animators are still struggling with that 3DCGI, but it looks like maybe it was a little less bad this week, or maybe it was just that the action distracted me. Emilia finally found the empathy she needs to grow as a teacher and an individual. Looks like another of Anos' redemption projects is bearing fruit.
May 3, 11:02 AM

Feb 2019
Went from hating Emilia last season to wanting to see her happy and succeeding in this season, very nice character arc and a satisfying resolution.

After seeing how hard Emilia was trying to be a good teacher to the hero students and just how much they rejected her, I really started feeling bad for her. Talking during class, not showing her respect when addressing her.. but her students more than made up for it today in my eyes by saving her from that dragon. Really sweet moment. She may not be a perfect teacher, but she’s the perfect teacher for these kids and they both have found an opportunity for redemption.

As usual tho the CGI looks God awful during these dragon scenes. Just really takes you out of the moment which sucks because the 2D stuff with Emilia flying looked good.

On the other side of things, Ray and Misa got led into what’s probably the most obvious set up for a trap of all time with the king. As soon as they got to the castle and there was no special state welcome, and fat principal dude was giggling I knew something was up. The King’s willing to sacrifice his own kids and citizens for some fake prophecy what a PoS. Luckily, Misa can’t be mind controlled by him so he’ll get his ass beat next week. The issue is going to be the dragon..

Not a lot of Anos this week, sadly
Marinate1016May 3, 11:28 AM
May 3, 11:35 AM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Besides the 3DCGI this episode was pretty good. It seems like things will finally be picking up hopefully. Let’s just have the focus shift back to Anos now that’s what I’m looking for 😝
May 3, 11:47 AM
Aug 2022
So I've never been crazy about misfit, I mean I could only tolerate this show because of Anos, Until recently when I've started to unironically like Emillia more than Anos. But I'm sorry I don't usually mention this because I don't let animation affect my judgment on things (Usually) But those dragons are some of the worst cgi I've ever seen in anime, I swear they look like something from a ps2 game.

Misfit's animation has always been decent, Good at times but mostly decent. Ngl I hate the art style but I never let it affect my judgment of the show the same goes for the dragons but they just look absolutely horrid. Misfit has had some good cgi imo with the magic and stuff but the dragons just look horrible

Other than that I actually liked this episode
May 3, 11:55 AM
Sep 2015
"Not even a god can steal her mind and heart. Because I already have" Kanon is smooth AF
May 3, 12:12 PM

Jul 2013
I liked Emilia even when she was a bitch in season 1, so seeing her development is wonderful. Best girl no doubt. In other circumstances I would have laughed at the bad CGI, but her presence made me enjoy the episode a lot, may be the best of this season so far.
May 3, 12:28 PM

Dec 2013
That was a sweet episode, Emilia's redemption story has been nice, she got herself 3 students that are crazy for her.

Ghost Zeshia = Cute
May 3, 1:06 PM

Mar 2007
So in this episode we get

1 Deluded King who betrays the hero
2 Teachers with different teaching methods
3 Students who may or may not have a "thing" for their hot mommy teacher, Emilia (especially Laos).

There's barely any Anos this week, and it's fine but the CGI dragons, man, that was just not good.
May 3, 1:45 PM

Aug 2021
I can't stand CGI which ends up looking like this.. it's ass, it ruins the anime overall by making it look so worthlessly.
May 3, 1:54 PM
May 2021
Nahh the cgi in this anime is beyond bad… we r in 2024 & stull getting shitty cgi 😭😭
May 3, 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode
Emilia Sensei and the heroes have a wonderful relationship 😭
I want to know where they will end up there in the castle of Gairadite 🔥🔥🔥
May 3, 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
This is a good adaptation of the episode.
I wonder if King Lycius is a selected or not 🤔, and And why did Ahid give him the white dragon? 🤨
May 3, 4:36 PM

Sep 2020
That CG red dragon was extremely considerate of Emilia and her pupils.
May 3, 7:06 PM

Feb 2019
emilia's made progress, and her students are too. props for her, but really, it was anos (or anoshu) who pushed her to be the person that she is becoming now. but damn, those humans are more corrupt than the demons.
May 3, 7:35 PM
Jan 2021
Zeshia as a ghost was so adorable!!!

I like the Hero Academy side of the story because we get to see Emilia's growth. It's good that it's about wanting a teacher who isn't perfect, but who grows alongside the students and stands on equal ground with them.

Lay and Misa moments even during battle is so good!

Overall this Ep has shown the growth of Emilia and her students perfectly. looking forward to seeing how it goes forward.
May 3, 7:38 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
To be honest, if they just focus this whole part on Emilia and sometimes go back to Anos dealing with these weaklings doing some of his sheinanigans in between I wouldn't mind. In fact, the way her character evolved from an arrogant and entitled teacher looked down upon Anos's fan club to now a mixed race teaching in the Hero's academy is quite something and I didn't really expect it to go that way. But the bond that is being conveyed and how they made this secondary character so important is comendable.

Best episode so far of this part.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 3, 7:46 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Nice to see Emilia’s character arc come to a climax this episode, I do feel like the students grew to like her a little too fast but hey it’s like they said, she is hot so I can’t blame them lol. Damn she was really willing to sacrifice herself tho, she’s lucky the three notable students showed up to her rescue, although they kept talking while trying to hold the dragon’s mouth open, I was like maybe get her out of her before it chomps down lol, and yeah the dragons still look poopy, I did like the scene where it hit the ground tho, I thought that looked decent. It all ended well tho and now Emilia is closer to her students than ever before, she’s come a long way from trying to kill them in season 1, kinda insane how long ago that was too, Summer 2020 still sounds so new but it’s nearly 4 years ago now lol.

Besides the Emilia stuff we also got a bit with Lay and Misa, it was so incredibly obvious that they were walking into a trap but I figured they knew that too, but man that king is fucked up for feeding his family to a dragon just so he can ascend or some stupid shit, it’s a good thing he’s dealing with Lay and Misa here who can’t be broken anymore. And lastly I didn’t realize till I finished the episode but they never followed up on the haunted house from the start of the episode, perhaps it’s something coming up that they showed ahead of time but that’s weird placement imo.
May 3, 7:49 PM

Jul 2022
I liked this episode focused more on Emilia, and it's good to see her starting to open her eyes to the fact that in this new life, even though she initially saw it as punishment, it's helping her reflect on the wrongs she did in her previous life due to her noble ego. She's realizing she's not useless as she thought after all, accepting the "punishment" imposed by that villain Anos, haha. She sees that now she can influence for good by guiding those students who are going through a phase similar to what she once experienced, and they can correct their mistakes in time. After all, that's the job of a true teacher.
May 3, 8:51 PM

Nov 2009
Emilia development is quite interesting

She's pretty much accepted her new life and what she needs to do (as a teacher).

And it was good she sorta made up with some of the students.

Tho interestingly... those students were trying to help her since the beginning but Emilia sorta pushed them away, LOL.

So it wasn't really that much of a surprise that they made up with Emilia pretty quickly.

Also... RIP that kingdom I guess... with literally no more "royal bloodline" as they're all eaten by the Dragon.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 4, 12:11 AM
Feb 2024
Just waiting for the debut of Egil Grone Angdroa and Nirvana Seven Step magic
May 4, 12:38 AM
Apr 2023
Hmmm can't tell if the dragon animation this time was improved, but it feels better than last episode's dragons moving like a JSF VTOL or Harrier Jump Jet.
Anyway, from the that ending, it kinda feels like Emilia just entered her own reverse-harem route.
May 4, 5:32 AM

Jul 2013
Anus brought that red dragon inside the hero academy didn't he?
May 4, 5:58 AM

Jul 2017
A dragon suppression tutorial with Emilia at the teaching helm, losing her position isn't enough, but being a guinea pig in front of the Hero Academy students as humiliation, the Demon King Academy is brought to them to invoke even more regrets. Meanwhile, both Lay and Misa being sent to see Gairadite's 106th King Lycius from Zamira to help cure the royal family's sickness, of course they can be excused. But now, the riff standing between Emilia and the Hero Academy students, it's irrepairable, but at least Anos has an idea to get them back to shape. The business of the dragons isn't quite over for Lycius wanting to use both Lay and Misa for salvation, Lay knows her intimately enough that he controls her power enough, even defying aginst conventional gods.

Once again, the red dragon shows itself, and the Hero Academy students want to at least help to bring the monster down, but gets shot by Emilia wanting to be their hero instead and lading the red dragon on, as her way of showing salvation and regret that she didn't do much to protect them. At least for Laos and his group acknowledging that while they're as worthless as her, using Asc and De Jelias is their only way out and finally working together as one.

This is infinitely one of the best episodes of Season 2 thus far, seeing Emilia's charater development, for the better.
May 4, 7:37 AM
Jun 2007
Such "beautiful" relationship between teacher and her students.
Guess Emilia really changed
May 4, 10:59 AM
Jan 2022
i like how the dragon chilled with his mouth open for 5 nins so they can talk it out with the teacher
May 5, 4:36 AM
Sep 2021
Emilia as a character/person truly shined well along with hero academy students. It was overall good.
May 5, 6:56 AM

Jul 2015
Nice episode.It's great to see Emilia managed to win the respect of the Hero class.Now they will can be together.

Also Lay and Misa managed to deal with a conspiracy against them.

Overall,i give this episode 5/5.

May 5, 8:26 AM
Feb 2023
CGI this episode better than before
May 5, 10:36 AM

Jan 2019
once she was selfish and narcissistic, and what is happening to her now makes her beautiful.
May 5, 10:38 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to ineser
Such "beautiful" relationship between teacher and her students.
Guess Emilia really changed
@ineser From the moment she began to realize her mistakes, she became one of my favorite girls in this anime
May 6, 1:52 AM
Dec 2022
More dragons abound but Emelia needs to unite her students and find purpose in being a member of the Hero Academy. The King of Gairadite is one bad dude but Ley and Misa will not be troubled by him.
May 11, 2:49 AM
Jun 2020
This one's getting interesting
May 11, 3:42 AM

May 2020
this show is 2/10 bad.... that dragon cgi gave me cancer...
May 14, 2:48 PM

Oct 2019
Lay and Misa are so cheesy and I love them lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha II: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17

34 by Grzana02 »»
Yesterday, 4:49 AM

» Episode 7 Delayed

KANLen09 - May 19

6 by whazup4341 »»
May 21, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha II: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10

37 by PrimeX »»
May 20, 5:20 AM

» Is there any reason why this is season 2 part 2 instead of season 3?

DJKuroinu - May 18

6 by Zedlin »»
May 18, 1:50 PM

» Part 2?

xOnlyFadi - Mar 6, 2021

30 by Noegusis »»
May 8, 2:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.