Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 1, 9:33 PM
Aug 2022
Is anyone else still afraid that A1 might still use CGI for the shadows? Obviously they didn't for the last episode and the shadows were animated very well especially Igris. Next szn there's gonna be way more fights with shadows and its gonna be on a much larger scale so there's still room for concern albeit the fact that they used CGI on the knights and it wasn't that bad(wasn't great either)
Apr 1, 9:57 PM

Jul 2015
They didn't in last episode, so I don't see shy they should in the future.

Apr 1, 10:37 PM
Jul 2023
Piromysl said:

thats because the shadows werent in large scale, if you read the manhwa you can see just how many shadows there are and im pretty sure it will cost too much to animate all of them...
Apr 1, 11:03 PM
Aug 2021
SweatyFingers said:
Piromysl said:

thats because the shadows werent in large scale, if you read the manhwa you can see just how many shadows there are and im pretty sure it will cost too much to animate all of them...

Not a problem if the main shadows aren’t cgi, I think with the composition and the models they can pull off a great and unnoticeable CGI style
Apr 1, 11:08 PM
Jan 2024
i really hope not, cgi is ruining a lot of good fight scenes and animals in anime im tired of it.
Apr 2, 2:57 AM
Jan 2021
idk.. but isn't black object is easy to animated?
Apr 2, 4:04 AM
Mar 2022
SweatyFingers said:
Piromysl said:

It’s not just about the cost. CGI costs more in the short run than hand drawn animation, although CGI can be more cost effective when the same CGI models are used many times. The main reason for the use of CGI in this case is because of how difficult it is to animate large crowds of people as well as the armour being more difficult to draw.
Look at the design of Igris in comparison to jin woo, Igris is much more detailed therefore harder to animate and takes significantly more time. If all the knights were hand drawn they would need to spend a long time animating the crowds of knights. It could be possible to draw all knights or shadows ,and animate them well, in 2D with very talented animators and a healthy schedule, however even in this case I don’t think it could be done consistently throughout multiple episodes. For example Frieren is a show with a lot of experienced and talented animators as-well as good schedule ,relative to most other anime. However 3D models were used in episode 10 where Frieren kills Aura. Episode 12 of solo levelling does animate the shadows in 2D, however the shadows are not attacking jin woo like the knights in episodes prior to episode 12.This means they do not need to move as much and therefore 2D animation is the more sensible option. In the future I do think most of the crowds of shadows will be 3D when fighting however Igris is likely to be 2D.
Apr 3, 9:08 AM

Apr 2017
Who cares? The anime community is so weird about CGI.
Apr 3, 9:14 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I have zero problem with CGI-usage if it only applies to the shadows.

Even if the characters got animated by CGI I would still watch it anyway, it's better than nothing.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 3, 9:18 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
When there are many shadows in a row, I have a feeling they're going to create it as a black mist with few lines as shapes. Depending on which is the viewpoint.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Apr 4, 2:53 PM
Jan 2018
I just hope thay keep the CGI to the bare minimum for the upcoming season/s.

More topics from this board

» Season 2 will focused more on side charcter and explore the world 360

Hickykissy - May 10

28 by OroficB06 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

398 by KcmcPro »»
Yesterday, 4:03 PM

» Are People Just Hate-Watching Now? ( 1 2 3 )

HyroSan - Feb 12

103 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Yesterday, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

729 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

514 by Deono »»
Jun 9, 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.