Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 1, 9:07 PM

Sep 2018
I would bet at least 50% of people watching this seen the og. I seen the og too btw.
Apr 1, 9:29 PM
Mar 2021
watched the original back in 2008 and I enjoyed the designs on both. not a big deal to me
Apr 1, 9:30 PM
Oct 2019
Literally one of the gems in my Blu Ray collection. Especially considering the edition I was able to get back then.
Apr 1, 9:55 PM
Jun 2013
Yarei is finally feature in the remake, he was replace by Chloe in the original anime btw
Apr 1, 11:12 PM

Mar 2023
Reply to Yorda_trico
@watsym Yeh hot vs cute is a good way to describe it, I was comparing more and I am really preferring OG the more I look, but I won't really know until I hear dubs, and of course more of the show.

Did you watch the OG with subs? If so, I have a question for you - do you think Holo sounds quite different in this remake vs the OG? I see the Japanese VA reprised but she seems different. I saw some people saying they were surprised to hear her sound different because sometimes she does Holo impressions in recent interviews and she sounds the same as in the OG anime which means she can still do the OG voice, so maybe the creators told her to give a slightly different performance for the remake.

What do you think?

If it was the case, this makes me worried that they will tell Brina to be different too :(
@Yorda_trico She does sound a little different even though it's the same voice. I think it's more high pitched and has less warmth compared to how it was performed in the original.
If she can still do the old voice well, this could be intentional directing.
I hope her voice changes when she falls for Lawrence, because then it's a cool detail.
Apr 1, 11:32 PM
Jan 2021
I've watch it in 2022 it was amazing, I'm glad we're getting more holo
Apr 2, 12:02 AM

Dec 2021
I still can't convince myself with the new design. Compared to the old series Holo looks cute and younger and Lawrence looks kinda old but it felt like Holo didn't have the same intensity as the old one. And the color tone is brighter considering the theme of the story. (May be I'm still stuck with the nostalgia) However, everything else looks refreshing. I haven't read the LN so looking forward to the part that the og series skipped.

"๐‘ฐ๐’‡ ๐’‚๐’๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ, ๐‘ฐ ๐’˜๐’‚๐’๐’• ๐’•๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’”๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’๐’† ๐’˜๐’‰๐’ ๐’Œ๐’๐’๐’˜๐’” ๐’˜๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’”๐’‰๐’† ๐’˜๐’‚๐’๐’•๐’” ๐’•๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’†, ๐’๐’“ ๐’Œ๐’๐’๐’˜๐’” ๐’˜๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’”๐’‰๐’† ๐’๐’Š๐’Œ๐’†๐’”, ๐‘ฐ ๐’ˆ๐’–๐’†๐’”๐’”?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 ใ€‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ 4:47
โ†บ |โ— II โ–ท| โ™ก

Apr 2, 12:43 AM

Jul 2010
Watched s1, for some weird reason never watched s2. I will rewatch the old series tho, I just need to finish vol.5 of LN first
Apr 2, 12:49 AM
Dec 2018
sayu-simp said:
Original shows aired in 2008 and a second season in 2009 with 2 OVAs. wondering how many of you cultured viewers have watched the original shows.
what are your opinions on the new remake and new character designs.
I'm loving the same VAs for Kraft and Holo so far and Holo looking just as mischievous as she did in the originals.
do you think the 25 EPs will adapt to where the second season left off at in the original shows too?

p.s. Martin, Holo is MY wife.

Bold of you to assume Holo is YOUR wife. Her lifespan is long enough to be our wife to all.

Anyway I watched and read the first version (I stopped reading it a bit before it ends cuz Spice & Wolf is the kind of story I never want to see the end of)

About the charadesigns I think they fit now's industry a bit more than the old ones but the old ones were already pretty good (and still watchable now) at the time.

For the narration I really loved how the introduction was made there are also some changes in characters, which I can't explain, like the fact the apprentice of Lawrence in the village has become a man while it was a woman in the old version but overall I see they animated a bit more of details from the LN which is quite pleasant (notably for Holo's first appearance)
Apr 2, 2:06 AM
Jan 2018
I think it will adapt to where S2 left off while also adapting Vol 4 , then will get a 2nd season announcement afterwards
Apr 2, 2:21 AM
May 2013
The original is 10, this new one is like 6 for now.
Apr 2, 3:45 AM
Dec 2010
Watched the original series multiple times, read the manga and light novel.
Spice and Wolf is one of m absolute favourite series ever, and so far the new adaptation is doing it justice.
Apr 2, 4:18 AM
May 2023
Saro2775 said:
Spice and Wolf is one of m absolute favourite series ever, and so far the new adaptation is doing it justice.

bro it's been one episode, who knows if the new adaptation will do it justice xd
Apr 2, 5:21 AM

Aug 2013
I watched it and honestly didn't like it, but I will watch the remake anyway
Apr 2, 5:59 AM

Mar 2015
In all those years I always knew about the original adaptation but haven't watched it so far.
Now I'm going to take the opportunity and watch this remake.
Apr 2, 6:03 AM
Dec 2010
Reply to holo-simp
Saro2775 said:

bro it's been one episode, who knows if the new adaptation will do it justice xd
@sayu-simp That's why I said so far.
Also, let's be real, with most remakes, reboots or re-adaptations, you notice within one or two episodes if they'll suck or not.
Apr 2, 6:37 AM
Nov 2011
Watched it when it was just released, one of my favourites to watch (and listen to the ost) in Autumn
Apr 2, 8:15 AM

May 2018
Proud to said I one of them.
Apr 2, 9:35 AM

May 2021
One episode is enough to show me why a cult of Holo exists. Add on Kevin Penkin composing and there's no way this can miss.

Apr 4, 10:45 AM

Mar 2023
I watched them back in the days, will watch this new one when it's finish.
Apr 4, 12:43 PM

Feb 2023
I've had the 2008 anime on my PTW for a while now, but never actually got around to watching it. The 2024 remake will be my first time experiencing this series.
Apr 4, 1:16 PM

Jun 2019
nah this my first episode ๐Ÿ™
Apr 6, 3:11 PM

Aug 2008
I've seen the original twice so if this is just a reboot I'll wait until this show hopefully gets to new material. Wouldn't surprise me if the new adaptation stops at the same place just to laugh at me though.
Apr 6, 3:16 PM
โ™ก( โ€ขเฅขโ—ก-เฅข)โœงห–ยฐ โ™ก

Dec 2014
I have watched it entirely twice, that's how much I like this show ^.^

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ♥
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27

56 by lazypanda666 »»
Yesterday, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20

54 by matias067 »»
Yesterday, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

70 by jeffersondkid »»
Yesterday, 12:56 AM

» Binge

Astrid_Bear - May 27

19 by APolygons2 »»
May 28, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6

119 by MattJpX »»
May 28, 10:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.