Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Witch and the Beast
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
Man, seeing the way that Guideau is treated this episode..with the physical and mental torture. It's just hard to watch someone go through that.

However, I'm also glad to see that she put on some resistance even though her arm was in a cast. Seems she's not going to let what happened to her this episode go. That personality carries a murderous grudge.
Mar 21, 10:28 AM

Dec 2021
Happy Helga's sticking around.

As Ashaf leads Helga through secret corridors to The Order of Magical Resonance, Guideau heads to a house in the city where a witch is rumored to reside with children. Although disappointed with the visit's outcome, Guideau is suddenly confronted by Executioners who whisk her away to another dimension using magic. Amidst discussions about the demon sword case, a girl interjects – the very witch Guideau has been seeking to settle an old score with.

Seeing Ashaf getting all tense and worried like that... that's not normal. But it makes sense since the witch they're up against is the same one who cursed Guideau. Speaking of the witch, stealing the spotlight from a tough enemy, that's how you make an entrance. Angela, though, she's crazy strong. I thought Guideau was tough after what happened last episode, but Angela makes her look weak. Angela must be pretty famous if even Helga knows about her. And even though Guideau lost to Angela, she's still strong. That fight between her and Ashaf... Made him cough up blood and shit.

Angela, the Eternal Witch... the enemy we've been waiting for since episode one. She's just as powerful as they said she'd be.

Mar 21, 10:42 AM

Apr 2016
You know that when the seemingly random character is not so random at all when it has an S tier level voice actress, kinda gives the whole thing away, lol.

Also i was not expecting that we gonna see THE witch in this season, i thought it's like an end game plot.
Mar 21, 11:34 AM

Feb 2021
Oh wow, didn't expect that we would see the witch so soon. But yeah, no way they gonna have Hanazawa Kana voice some background character lol.
And didn't expect that Guideau's current body is Angela's original one. Some people probably already saw that.
Last arc starting next episode!
Mar 21, 12:06 PM
Sep 2015
Ashaf's power is rewind time?

It feels like Angela just want someone good to witchhunt her, emphasize at "good".
Mar 21, 1:02 PM

Jan 2014
Def my fave episode yet. This series is really amping up.
Mar 21, 1:15 PM
Feb 2024
That executioner skipped the questions straight to Domain Expansion. Too bad that didn’t work out so well for him.
So this is the witch who cursed Guideau! I’ve got to wonder what prompted her to curse Guideau… I mean what would Angela even gain? Did Guideau just tick her off or get in her way or something? I know they hate witches, but that seems like something that started AFTER being cursed. Is this just some twisted game of hide and seek for her? I loved the animation while they explained the bond between the cursed and curser, too.
Mar 21, 1:42 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to crazyanderewitch
That executioner skipped the questions straight to Domain Expansion. Too bad that didn’t work out so well for him.
So this is the witch who cursed Guideau! I’ve got to wonder what prompted her to curse Guideau… I mean what would Angela even gain? Did Guideau just tick her off or get in her way or something? I know they hate witches, but that seems like something that started AFTER being cursed. Is this just some twisted game of hide and seek for her? I loved the animation while they explained the bond between the cursed and curser, too.
@crazyanderewitch in the first episode ashaf said that guideau is the original enemy of witches and in the demon sword arc we can see that her beast form is so strong that the forbidden instrument fear it so I guess Angela fear her beast form ? That's why she sealed it and put guideau soul in her body
Mar 21, 1:44 PM
Feb 2024
Haninegharbi said:
@crazyanderewitch in the first episode ashaf said that guideau is the original enemy of witches and in the demon sword arc we can see that her beast form is so strong that the forbidden instrument fear it so I guess Angela fear her beast form ? That's why she sealed it and put guideau soul in her body

Aaaahhh, that would make sense
Mar 21, 2:47 PM

Sep 2018
It's funny, her voice did ring bells initially, but I still didn't see it coming lol *facepalm*
Mar 21, 3:00 PM

Aug 2022
Another witch appears, Angela, said to be the strongest witch, as well as the witch who made Guideau what it is today.

Also this will make Guideau even wilder. Really, Guideau was scarier than I expected. Truly a monster in another form. Two more episodes left for this anime.

Mar 21, 3:01 PM

Feb 2019
Best episode of Majo to Yajuu by far, holy shit this was awesome. Didn’t think we’d see THE witch that cursed Guideau so soon, but when Hanakana is voicing a character you know it’s not just gonna be a background character lol.

Executioner dude showed up thinking he was gonna get info out of Guideau and just ends up getting wrecked by Angela, holy shit bro got turned into a filet mignon. This kind of felt like a humbling experience for Guideau. We’ve seen her dominate the last few fights including the demon sword most recently, but Angela is on another plane of existence all together. Granted, Ashaf fucked Guideau over with the healing stuff, but even at full strength she would’ve lost.

Felt some crazy sexual tension in that ear licking scene between Angela and Guideau, that was steamy. Between this and the Helga/Guideau kiss last week they’re keeping us fed with Yuri stuff lol.

I wonder what Angela and Guideau first meeting was like and how they came to become enemies. Earlier in the season they told us that Guideau is the original enemy of witches, but why and how did Angela body swap her? Also if their first encounter was decades ago, is that not Guideau’s body that Ashaf carries around? He said they only met 3 years ago. I suppose she could’ve been lugging her body around the whole time and now he does it instead?

This kinda gave us a new direction for the series to go in. We know Guideau has to get way stronger to fight Angela and she’s going to be leaving hints for Guideau to find her. Also got to see Ashaf’s time powers, could definitely come in handy.

I bet he won’t make the mistake of not healing her again after that ass beating he got at the end though lmao.
Marinate1016Mar 21, 3:36 PM
Mar 21, 3:04 PM
Feb 2024
when ashaf knew about Angela existence in town he start panicking but I wonder what his true feeling to guideau since he said when Helga asked him " I care about great deal more then my own life " and how he told her when they fight " I will not do anything to harm you you are a valuable resourceful human" I just wonder
Mar 21, 3:06 PM

Sep 2023
After last week's episode, I was concerned about this anime. I'm relieved that this was a fantastic episode. We learned a lot about Guideau and Angela, but it seems like the information only raises more questions. I'm guessing that we're not going to get a resolution in the next two episodes, so here's to hoping that Yokohama Animation Lab commits to finishing it at some point.
Mar 21, 3:08 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to SaintCelestian
After last week's episode, I was concerned about this anime. I'm relieved that this was a fantastic episode. We learned a lot about Guideau and Angela, but it seems like the information only raises more questions. I'm guessing that we're not going to get a resolution in the next two episodes, so here's to hoping that Yokohama Animation Lab commits to finishing it at some point.
@SaintCelestian I hope they will give us season 2 of this anime
Mar 21, 4:54 PM

May 2019
That was a pretty good episode especially with the introduction of the witch that cursed Guideau. While I'm not sure what Angela's original motive was to curse Guideau it seems like she is currently bored and simply wants someone strong to chase her and attempt to put her out (or at least catch her and get rewarded by having the curse removed).

With 2 episodes remaining I'm curious to see how far this mini arc will go.
Mar 21, 5:13 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
So helga’s sticking around, guideo found the witch that cursed her finally and she turns out to be one of the strongest witches in the world. Only two more episodes wonder where they will leave off and if we will get a second season since the manga is on a hiatus
Mar 21, 7:13 PM
Dec 2014
Very good episode, i'm curious to know about both of their pasts.
Mar 21, 7:24 PM

Jul 2008
So we end the show with their flashback I guess.

Angela is no joke at all...
Mar 21, 9:19 PM

Mar 2007
So we finally get to meet Angela, the origin witch, who is supposed to be super hot shit, not to mention supposedly dead. This just means if she's managed to stay alive this long, she's super powerful. Oh and yes, she's the one who cursed Guideau, who now has her original body. Very interesting lore.

No idea where the story is going now, but it at least makes sense that Guideau in the coffin is the original MALE Body, and why he's in a female body now, thus kind of explaining the grumpy extra testosterone rage filled shouting all the time.
Mar 22, 1:22 AM

Jul 2017
Helga is taken into the protection of the Order of Magical Resonance through its Corridors, and it's a secret-intensive organization that does not allow delinquents like Guideau. And with kids spewing the news of a witch, Guideau takes notice and is led by the group, only to encounter an elderly woman who has both a cat and dog as her protection. Meanwhile, Ashaf receiving a black envelope, which means that a witch is on the loose. The real culprit, however, strikes as an Executioner who covers his targets with a cloak, taking them into his dimension, but allowing Guideau to live to find answers of his brother and the Forbidden Instrument.

The real witch, in question: the one who cursed Guideau, Angela, who also has the Forbidden Instrument through imitation. But Ashaf can't access the dimension, much less pull the strings given Angela and Guideau's relationship through the thread of fate's pull. Even as Helga offers her help as she owes her one, Ashaf's pull against her being involved in her will not slide. Guideau's body being Angela's (since her body is in the coffin), the latter is a real nutcase for enslaving the former, though she almost got the kiss she needed to unlock the curse. It's a shame that Angela Anne Huell, the Origin Eternal Witch, she is a real menace that even Ashaf feels threatened just at her presence alone.

But still, these two come together for a common purpose, and for 3 years straight, what's the history binding both Ashaf and Guideau alive?
Mar 22, 3:04 AM

Mar 2012
After all these boring episodes, finally something interesting. Also I'm quite curios to know why Ashaf said that Guideau was so important to him, their relationship didn't seem that close to me so far.
Mar 22, 6:13 AM
Jan 2020
damn i wish i was guideau
Mar 22, 7:37 AM
Apr 2021
This episode was so good bro we finally got to meet the witch who cursed Guideau and tbh their relationship is so fucking confusing what did she mean by “ I forgot how many decades it’s been” like how long have they had this beef for? I hope the next episode answers some of the questions I have🤔

I knew not to trust that girl in the glasses bc we couldn’t see her eyes ONCE since she appeared on screen and the fact that she was the witch who cursed Guideau was shocking tbh I wasn’t expecting that. And yo Angela is a fucking FREAK like if that’s her body that Guideau is in then why she licking her own body? She’s into selfcest frfr…lowkey kinda wish I was in Guideau postion tbh🫣🫣
Mar 22, 9:15 AM

Jun 2016
seriously this show is fucking goood and has good story too !!
Mar 22, 3:11 PM

Jan 2021
Yo we finally know who the main villain is it’s a 200+ year old witch I’d still smash ngl 💀
Mar 22, 3:32 PM
May 2021
Reply to Embient
Oh wow, didn't expect that we would see the witch so soon. But yeah, no way they gonna have Hanazawa Kana voice some background character lol.
And didn't expect that Guideau's current body is Angela's original one. Some people probably already saw that.
Last arc starting next episode!
@Embient I had the same reaction lol
Mar 23, 9:49 AM

Nov 2011
so many threads were just revealed. when executioner shown up, i was like 'oh crap', but then i turned out he wasnt such a big deal. at least not when angela was nearby.
Mar 23, 10:29 AM

Jan 2011
That Mayo looks very dificult to beat. I wonder what will happen
Mar 23, 5:30 PM

Jul 2016
I liked the original soundtrack of this episode. It reminded me of Madoka.
Mar 23, 10:04 PM

Oct 2016
This episode was extremely hype. I felt like in the past couple of episodes, we weren’t going anywhere, but this episode reminded me of how mysterious and dark this show can be. (10/10)
Mar 24, 2:18 PM
Jul 2023
I was so right thinking Giduea is a witch(body). And is this now a love triangle that is both gay and straight in each direction?
Mar 28, 5:04 AM
Mar 2019
We finally get to meet the witch who cursed Guideau. I can understand now why s/he is furious. Talk about being known by the enemies you keep.
Mar 28, 10:58 AM

Jun 2021
No no no no this should NOT end on a cliffhanger pleaseee it's getting way too interesting rn
Mar 29, 4:06 AM

Oct 2008
Angela the strongest witch? now this is getting interesting hype!
4/5.

Mar 31, 6:32 AM

Feb 2021
Angela the first witch is really something else in power and knowledge.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 4, 6:34 PM

May 2015
Those kids were afraid of the wrong elder! Angela seems like quite the trickster. The executioners alternate dimension cloak seemed like he'd be tough. Too bad he caught a really strong enemy by accident.
Apr 29, 6:41 PM

Aug 2019
Nah, that’s major disrespect to be put into the body of the witch who cursed you lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11

164 by AkiFosu »»
May 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

81 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 29, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28

36 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 29, 7:09 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14

54 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 29, 6:17 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7

46 by Sun_Chan »»
Apr 29, 5:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.