Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 10:03 AM

Dec 2021
An episode about the Rangers? Hell yeah!

The Rangers received Valentine's chocolates from Pink. On White Day, they all go together to buy a return gift for Pink. However, Blue is struggling to decide on a return gift for Pink. As Blue wrestles with his thoughts, he recalls the day he became a Ranger. Guided by Black, their shared life as Rangers began. They met the young Pink and, despite quarrels, a bond of trust as Rangers was formed. Soon after, twin babies arrived as new Rangers.

Didn’t get much of Warumono this episode, but seeing the Rangers made up for it.

Mar 10, 11:35 AM

Feb 2021
Oh, they switched up the OP and ED because the episode is focused on the rangers! Nice.

I just watched Mahouka Season 2 Episode 6 today and it was Valentine's Day there too, nice coincidence
3:58 いつもの胃痛 (itsumo no itsuu) - "The usual stomachache"

Oh wow, they have a ton of staff supporting them, and there is inheritance of powers and stuff, it's much more serious than I thought. Really cool!
Oh, so Green is a combination of the two.
18:20 It was translated "Take the squid or leave it", but he actually said "There is only dried squid".

21:40 What black holding here is a hishaku (柄杓). It's a traditional Japanese tool used for scooping water or soup. They are used at Shinto shrines to purify yourself by washing your hands and mouth with water. I haven't heard about them being used on graves though, maybe someone can enlighten me.

The ending is so bittersweet /_ \. Black best dad (Along with the Demon Lord from 'Tis Time for "Torture," Princess).

This was so good. Didn't expect the backstory to be like this. The rangers being separated from their families is sad, but thankfully this is a super wholesome environment.
Mar 10, 11:36 AM

Apr 2012
Moving the ED credits to the opening spot was the most appropriate decision that's been long overdue. I hope it remains that way.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 10, 2:59 PM

Feb 2019
Honestly the best episode by far. Learning about the rangers was great and I couldn’t help but get emotional during several moments. Brilliant.
Mar 10, 3:29 PM

May 2014
I liked the episode, but idk how I feel about all this serious back story and info. It's hard to treat this as just a fun little parody/comedy series when I hear that the villains have killed rangers in the past. I guess we could argue that the mr.villain we follow isn't as bad as the rest. Strange situation! I still liked it, but I prefer it when we just follow mr.villain. Not everything needs a deep explanation I feel.
Mar 10, 4:52 PM
Feb 2022
Reply to Fancyjasper
I liked the episode, but idk how I feel about all this serious back story and info. It's hard to treat this as just a fun little parody/comedy series when I hear that the villains have killed rangers in the past. I guess we could argue that the mr.villain we follow isn't as bad as the rest. Strange situation! I still liked it, but I prefer it when we just follow mr.villain. Not everything needs a deep explanation I feel.
@fancyjasper
fancyjasper said:
I liked the episode, but idk how I feel about all this serious back story and info. It's hard to treat this as just a fun little parody/comedy series when I hear that the villains have killed rangers in the past.

Yeah, I was feeling the same. I’m curious to see how (or even if) they address this going forward.

I was remembering the prior episode with Black feeding the cat and his brief encounter with Mr. Villain. There wasn’t any animosity, which you would think there would be if a history/grudge. Red recognized Mr. Villain in their prior ‘day off’ encounters, so I’d think Black would be able to as well, as he’s an even more experienced Ranger.

I did enjoy seeing the origin of the twins and their two-become-one ability.

Mar 10, 5:13 PM

Nov 2013
pink is funny tbh lol her fights with blue gave me some laughs
black being the father of the family i guess, he is a nice person, even if awkward
the baby twins being a solo ranger is a strange idea to me but i guess it works
baka red, people tell him to stay inside the shop and what does he do? get lost outside lol
no pandas this episode, so not sure if i liked the episode or not :D
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 10, 6:24 PM

Sep 2018
Would you look at that, the best episode of the lot. Liked the pensive sadness every now and then as well.
Mar 10, 6:43 PM

Jan 2010
no mr. villian this time but the best chapter of the serie, who would've thought.

I really liked to know the origins of the rangers and I hope they keep the siblings/family relationship. It seems the story want us to ship pink and blue but I really hate characters like blue.
Mar 10, 6:57 PM

Sep 2017
This was pretty different than usual. Kinda liked it. Black's story was kinda depressing tbh. Almost makes me think he could die, but I really this is the type of series where something like that will happen.
Mar 10, 9:07 PM

Jul 2017
The OP and ED switching spots just for this episode, because it's all about the Rangers this time.

Ranger Pink on the search for Valentine's chocolate, she buys the usual for the guys, but seeing Magical Girl chocolates, she can't afford to pass this up for herself. With Blue getting the size of an obligatory chocolate, and the guys reciprocating for White Day, Blue has the most problem since he's thinking of Pink. Too bad Red is still GPS-lost...

For Blue, Ranger Twilight Black picking him up after he lost his father when he was a kid, everyone else came thereafter: Pink, the Green kid twins Sora and Mugi. Black wanting both Blue and Pink to resonate with each other as schoolmates and Rangers while he's always on patrol. And with the twins suddenly gone missing, both Blue and Pink patched up their kinship, and the twins transformed and combined as one to find their lost parents, Blue reassured that both him and Pink will take care of them as a Ranger family. They played a major pivotal role, and all that's left is Red, and he too was brought to them in a similar manner. Too bad that Blue is treated like a big brother to Pink, Sora and Mugi though.

Black being the only old school Ranger intact, even though he isn't cut out for being one, he'll gladly fulfill duties in reverence for his old team.

Cool story about the Rangers.
Mar 10, 9:32 PM

Apr 2012
Foxlore said:
@fancyjasper
fancyjasper said:
I liked the episode, but idk how I feel about all this serious back story and info. It's hard to treat this as just a fun little parody/comedy series when I hear that the villains have killed rangers in the past.

Yeah, I was feeling the same. I’m curious to see how (or even if) they address this going forward.

I was remembering the prior episode with Black feeding the cat and his brief encounter with Mr. Villain. There wasn’t any animosity, which you would think there would be if a history/grudge. Red recognized Mr. Villain in their prior ‘day off’ encounters, so I’d think Black would be able to as well, as he’s an even more experienced Ranger.

I did enjoy seeing the origin of the twins and their two-become-one ability.

During times of war, all soldiers do what they're ordered without question. Even Mr. Villain, a ranked general, also follows orders from his superiors.

Disobeying orders and especially desertion is punishable by death (firing squad).

"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 10, 10:10 PM
May 2021
this was such a good episode. loved getting to learn about the rangers and their past. especially black. him being to only one left from the previous generation, having to raise children and train them to be rangers able to fight alongside him. just love how close they are and how they treat eachother like family
My 2023 candies:
Mar 11, 12:52 AM
Jul 2022
Delved into black I liked, world building slowly
Mar 11, 2:27 AM

Nov 2023
This episode was great and alot of past story.

Black is just great character in this show.

But dissapointed because no scenes from our mc expect end credit. :(

I know people make promises all the time
Then they turn right around and break them
When someone cuts your heart open with a knife, now you're bleeding
But I could be that guy to heal it over time
And I won't stop until you believe it
'Cause baby you're worth it
Mar 11, 4:10 AM
Mar 2021
Great episode, no pandas, but I loved exploring the backstory to the rangers.
Mar 11, 4:12 AM
Sep 2015
Wait, did Green's parents really gone, like gone as death? Not just disappeared? That's sad!

Also I'm wondering what's Green's gender when they combined...
Mar 11, 4:13 AM

Aug 2020
Three former Super Sentai actors made voice cameos as staff members at the Ranger base. They are M.A.O (as Ichimichi Mao she played Luka Millfy / Gokai Yellow in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger), Taniguchi Masashi (Tatsumi Nagare / GoBlue in Kyukyu Sentai GoGoFive), and Tomita Shō (Yukito Sanjyou / AbareBlue in Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger)
Mar 11, 9:57 AM
May 2023
More backstory on the rangers
Mar 11, 10:20 AM

Jul 2019
Man, seeing a school girl uniform with shorts instead of a skirt is such a rarity in anime, I'm honestly having a hard time thinking of the last time I saw that.
Mar 11, 11:43 AM
Oct 2020
So an entire generation of rangers besides Black died. Some good backstory on the Rangers in this episode but I miss the villain's day off. Still this serious tone seems a bit weird considering the usual tone of the show. Knowing almost all the rangers where killed including blue's father yet there seems to be minimal to no animosity when the general encounters them. They know his identity yet seem to not care about it at all. Red does tries to fight him in the beginning but that's it. Even black who should have some animosity due to all the rangers from his generation killed it seems there's no hard feelings?
RexnihiloMar 11, 11:49 AM
Mar 11, 3:48 PM

Sep 2023
It was cool to get information and backstory on the Rangers. This was easily the best episode of the series so far, which is strange because it wasn't even about the main character.
Mar 11, 4:13 PM
Dec 2023
was that just me or did they swap the op and the ed
Mar 12, 6:14 AM
Oct 2020
Here it is, my favorite part of the manga, it's so heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time, this is what marked this as one of my favorite mangas, black really needs a break after all he's gone through man
Mar 12, 6:19 AM
Oct 2020
KusoKao20 said:
Three former Super Sentai actors made voice cameos as staff members at the Ranger base. They are M.A.O (as Ichimichi Mao she played Luka Millfy / Gokai Yellow in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger), Taniguchi Masashi (Tatsumi Nagare / GoBlue in Kyukyu Sentai GoGoFive), and Tomita Shō (Yukito Sanjyou / AbareBlue in Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger)

That's so cool, love that
Mar 12, 8:45 PM
Mar 2023
Best episode so far, everything from Black's perspective made it 100x times better, would like more episodes about him
Mar 13, 12:33 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to KusoKao20
@KusoKao20 Does this series have such a big connection with the Super Sentai fanbase?
Mar 13, 12:41 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Jackson1333
Man, seeing a school girl uniform with shorts instead of a skirt is such a rarity in anime, I'm honestly having a hard time thinking of the last time I saw that.
With every episode like this, I start to wonder more and more about whether this show is intended to have some kind of romance or ship tease, or if this is one of those shows where any relationship between the characters should be idealized platonic.

@Jackson1333 Some schools are experimenting with this due to complaints about skirts as sexualizing and "gendering" clothing items. This is quite a debated issue, in 2022 G-Witch received a number of complaints and suspicions of "polokore" from some otaku, since their school uniform design for mecha school was also gender neutral in that way. Also, like the last Pokemon game, but there it was subjectively necessary within the framework of the premise and age rating of the game. In the past, for similar reasons, most schools replaced underpants with shorts in women's uniforms.
Mar 13, 1:31 AM

Jul 2019
RobertBobert said:
and suspicions of "polokore"

what's polokore? I tried googling it, but that didn't help.
Mar 13, 1:49 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Jackson1333
RobertBobert said:
and suspicions of "polokore"

what's polokore? I tried googling it, but that didn't help.
@Jackson1333 Polikore*. Short for "political correctness". For some reason, the Japanese use this term as a synonym for the English "woke". For example, Kawahara said that he would add more political correctness to the portrayal of female characters when Western fans at foreign events complained about something.
Mar 13, 8:40 AM

May 2009
I wasn't prepared for those feelings out of nowhere
It made me like the rangers so much more
Mar 14, 4:36 AM

May 2015
A sudden bittersweet ending in my cute anime!!! Now I want to know more about the previous generation T_T Black is so listless…

But I enjoyed the episode, we got to know the rangers better and about their powers, it now makes more sense why they involve kids and all live together.
Mar 16, 2:56 PM

Mar 2010
Darker world then it is first shown :( Poor Black and the kids
Mar 25, 2:00 PM

Jun 2020
Damn that was a kind of dark turn for this Anime, we have a whole orphanage and a depressed middle aged man (I guess he’s in he’s thirties from that he was the youngest member of the old team ) and we have Red of course I guess he’s just confused
Mar 26, 1:47 AM

Aug 2019
Black is literally the father of the new Rangers

But damn, the other Rangers passed away at such a young age.
Mar 31, 10:17 AM

Jan 2022
Red is technically the leader? That's crazy wtf

So Sora and Mugi's parents passed away. What about Pink's parents?

Black said green was supposed to have low energy since they're twins but the fact that they transformed and grew up makes me say otherwise.

This was definitely the best episode by a landslide. I was getting tired of the villain
This never updates so that's cool
Apr 15, 9:08 AM

Jun 2020
Finally an episode for backstory of the Rangers. We have a pair of orphanage twin, depressed emo man (best character btw), a boy with his chronic colic, a sassy girl who wants to be a magical girl instead of ranger, and Red.

As I thought all of this time, the actual OP and ED feels like they should switched up and it happens in this episode. Pretty cool details I guess.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyuujitsu no Warumono-san Episode 12 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 24

34 by Ch1dori_ »»
Jun 1, 4:45 PM

Poll: » Kyuujitsu no Warumono-san Episode 4 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jan 28

25 by kuzamine »»
May 25, 6:34 AM

» Chances for a Season 2

Chaplin87 - May 7

4 by AakBan_Pochi29 »»
May 8, 6:46 AM

» Do you think it will start to build a plot?

TheMageDalamar - Feb 13

20 by Memore »»
Apr 21, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Kyuujitsu no Warumono-san Episode 3 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jan 21

30 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 11, 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.