Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 22, 1:37 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to Merve2Love
@Swiss_Bohemian

For me, I think it is.
I would have a much easier time accepting some of the weirdness, if I were a kid, I feel^^

Of course that's not true for everyone, but this Show is nothing I can relate to on any level. It's not that kind of Show, honestly. It's a power fantasy.
In the mood for a nice romcom, I wouldn't choose something as weird as this one.
@Merve2Love Power fantasy? Lol in fact it's the opposite this anime has one of the most realistic progress in romance anime and the characters act like real teenager. You probably haven't watch many anime if u think chunibyou is weird.
Feb 22, 1:44 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Johntyson31
@Merve2Love Power fantasy? Lol in fact it's the opposite this anime has one of the most realistic progress in romance anime and the characters act like real teenager. You probably haven't watch many anime if u think chunibyou is weird.
@Johntyson31

Don't think so.
It's the loner, teenage boy - meeting the hot, cool female and despite beeing unlikeable and kind of an outcast -> she falls in love with him. It's a fantasy. It's escapism. It's self insertion^^ It's not what actually happens in real life. And hey, that's quite okay. I didn't mean it in a condescending way. It's just pretty obvious, to me.

But you've clearly seen a lot more Anime than me. So, Im sorry if I come off uninformed. It's just my opinion. No biggie.
Merve2LoveFeb 22, 1:50 PM
Feb 22, 2:26 PM

Oct 2021
I hope this is a troll post.
Feb 22, 2:29 PM
Sep 2021
isn't an issue at all. The only issue with the show is the first like 2 or 3 episodes because it sends the wrong kind of vibe to what the show is actually like. a lot of people dropped within these first couple of episodes so whilst it's not bad at all, it's just not what the show is actually about lol so people got weirded out cause they think the MC is a freak who wants to kill the main female MC which just simply isn't true. it's just a 13 year olds child like mentality that doesnt portray how the character actually is and feels but you'll see that all of that gets dropped after a couple of eps so that's the only thing really that's "strange" about the show.

Get into it, you'll like it. the height difference like a lot of people already have said is perfectly justified and normal for kids growing up. If anything, it wouldn't work the other way around because the MC is a bit of a loner and gloomy at times (dont let that put you off, hes a lovely guy just misunderstood) so having him short and sluggish whilst having a tall, popular female MC that's very loving and caring works very well for her character size and his.
Feb 22, 5:39 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to SaltyCookie
@Salty_Cookie It is. Definitely.
Feb 23, 5:53 AM

Feb 2021
I guess the answer would depend on why it bothers you?
Feb 24, 3:03 AM

May 2009
Reply to Moppit
What's wrong with someone being taller than the other?
@Moppit Manlets are insecure.
Feb 26, 2:35 AM

Oct 2014
Reply to SaltyCookie
@Salty_Cookie its not.

i mean, look at her.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GF8ZrrGbQAAeOxj?format=jpg&name=large
Mar 2, 5:54 PM
Nov 2017
Seems completely realistic. during 10-14 age is normal for girls to be taller than boys. She is taller for a girl for her age group and that why she is a model. He looks like average or short for his age group. Still is normal for girls to start growing a lot by 10-11 while boys explode around 16. He will probably be around her height when he gets to 20 or every very close to it. She will probably only grow for one more year or two while he will start growing a lot now. She could also get even more bigger than a normal man. There are some girls specially those in sports that grow a lot but you can also see boys that are very small but after puberty they just grow a lot. In my school I was taller than my 2 friends but around 17 both of the got taller than me and one for them got close to 2 meters! Anyway, in the end is the author choose but he can go either way because any path is realist.

Yes they are both mid scholars. They will go to high school next year. The anime is good do not worry about the size of both. Is not a problem and you don't even notice issues between then because of it. she even tell him that he got a lot taller.
Mar 3, 7:57 AM

Mar 2014
If he is not a cringey twat I wouldn't mind if he's a fking dwarf
Mar 4, 12:15 AM
Aug 2018
wtf care i care why tf so much brightness so lights it's not girls dance show don't do that it's hurting my eyes
Mar 4, 8:21 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Merve2Love
@Grawman67

Is it?
Not for me. It's pretty fetishized. Especially early Episodes.

But I guess Im in the minority there and I only watched a couple of Episodes, Season 1 ^^
@Merve2Love i suggest you watch everything that is out first then give a final opinion, it's usually a bad idea to judge an anime based on the 3-ep rule (that rule is horrible).
Mar 4, 8:33 AM

Apr 2020
Kirito_online said:
@Merve2Love i suggest you watch everything that is out first then give a final opinion, it's usually a bad idea to judge an anime based on the 3-ep rule (that rule is horrible).

Is that why the rule exists? …Cause it doesn‘t work? ;)

Look, it worked for me^^
So…that was an excellent idea, actually.
Mar 4, 9:19 AM
Sep 2018
Reply to Merve2Love
Kirito_online said:

Is that why the rule exists? …Cause it doesn‘t work? ;)

Look, it worked for me^^
So…that was an excellent idea, actually.
@Merve2Love Let me say this. I kept trying to get past the first 3 and I STRUGGLED. I didn't know what they were going for here. If this was some sort of twisted love story or something, and the way it was framed was clashing with it. One day I managed to get past ep 3 and watch episode 4. Then 5. And the next day I was caught up with 15 episodes. I was hooked. The first 3 episodes do it a disservice, because it's actually a commentary about how people judge you for your interests and that they don't define you. He's a kid, and he doesn't know who he is, and through his relationship with this girl he grows up and finds out who he is. And it is GENUINELY one of the cutest shows I have ever seen. There is some stuff that can get a bit sexual, but it's more meant to be through his eyes. It's not for me, I kinda just chalk it up to being targeted towards viewers around that same age. Ain't saying its right, I definitely get your qualms about it. But if you're into romance you're missing out on one of the best. It's unbelievably wholesome.

And to drive this home, I tried to get my wife into this show, and 2 episodes in she looked at me and was like "I'm really sorry, this isn't doing it for me. I'll do one more to see if it gets better." 3 got a bit better but not enough to turn her. And so she dropped it and I just kept watching myself. But Id catch her watching chucks when we were in bed and she'd find it super cute, so I said hey, give me just 2 more episodes. I promise that from 4 it's what the show really is. She gave it a shot, and now it is one of her favorite shows. She squees at least once an episode.
Mar 4, 1:34 PM

Apr 2017
Reply to GoateeMusic
@Merve2Love Let me say this. I kept trying to get past the first 3 and I STRUGGLED. I didn't know what they were going for here. If this was some sort of twisted love story or something, and the way it was framed was clashing with it. One day I managed to get past ep 3 and watch episode 4. Then 5. And the next day I was caught up with 15 episodes. I was hooked. The first 3 episodes do it a disservice, because it's actually a commentary about how people judge you for your interests and that they don't define you. He's a kid, and he doesn't know who he is, and through his relationship with this girl he grows up and finds out who he is. And it is GENUINELY one of the cutest shows I have ever seen. There is some stuff that can get a bit sexual, but it's more meant to be through his eyes. It's not for me, I kinda just chalk it up to being targeted towards viewers around that same age. Ain't saying its right, I definitely get your qualms about it. But if you're into romance you're missing out on one of the best. It's unbelievably wholesome.

And to drive this home, I tried to get my wife into this show, and 2 episodes in she looked at me and was like "I'm really sorry, this isn't doing it for me. I'll do one more to see if it gets better." 3 got a bit better but not enough to turn her. And so she dropped it and I just kept watching myself. But Id catch her watching chucks when we were in bed and she'd find it super cute, so I said hey, give me just 2 more episodes. I promise that from 4 it's what the show really is. She gave it a shot, and now it is one of her favorite shows. She squees at least once an episode.
@GoateeMusic this is why i said the 3-ep rule is horrible, it makes you avoid what could be one of your favorite animes.
also @Merve2Love i didn't say it doesn't work i said it's a bad idea to use that rule as a basis to find out if it's a good show or not, yes ppl use it, yes it works sometimes, but when it doesn't work you miss out on gems hidden in the rough, like this show.
Mar 4, 2:02 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Kirito_online
@GoateeMusic this is why i said the 3-ep rule is horrible, it makes you avoid what could be one of your favorite animes.
also @Merve2Love i didn't say it doesn't work i said it's a bad idea to use that rule as a basis to find out if it's a good show or not, yes ppl use it, yes it works sometimes, but when it doesn't work you miss out on gems hidden in the rough, like this show.
@Kirito_online

Is it? Not for me, Im sorry.
I didn't like where this was going...and it took 3 Episodes for me to realize it^^

Don't really care what came after that.
If you don't refute that 3-Episode Rule is working then this makes a lot of sence :)
Mar 4, 2:56 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to Merve2Love
@Kirito_online

Is it? Not for me, Im sorry.
I didn't like where this was going...and it took 3 Episodes for me to realize it^^

Don't really care what came after that.
If you don't refute that 3-Episode Rule is working then this makes a lot of sence :)
@Merve2Love Sounds like you just want to be right, don't mind me then. You're definitely missing out, I'm glad I'm not you lol.
Mar 4, 5:53 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to GoateeMusic
@Merve2Love Sounds like you just want to be right, don't mind me then. You're definitely missing out, I'm glad I'm not you lol.
@GoateeMusic

Well, I can agree to disagree :)
You're the one typing up a lecture, suggesting that Im wrong. Did you think I'd turn around all of a sudden loving it, because you texted me? xD
That's a bit...high and mighty^^

To you (and to many other people) this was incredibly cute and wholesome. To me, having seen about 20% of Season 1, it was corny and creepy - so I stopped.

What's the problem with that?^^ Of course Im right. I don't like it and I won't complete it. That's my decision, you know...It's not really debateable ...
I guess in your world that just means Im bullshitting or something. Sorry for that.

Glad you're happy, tho^^
Merve2LoveMar 4, 5:58 PM
Mar 5, 8:50 AM
Sep 2018
Reply to Merve2Love
@GoateeMusic

You're the one typing up a lecture, suggesting that Im wrong. Did you think I'd turn around all of a sudden loving it, because you texted me? xD

To you (and to many other people) this was incredibly cute and wholesome. To me, having seen about 20% of Season 1, it was corny and creepy - so I stopped.

What's the problem with that?^^ Of course Im right. I don't like it and I won't complete it. That's my decision, you know...It's not really debateable ...
I guess in your world that just means Im bullshitting or something. Sorry for that.

Glad you're happy, tho^^
@Merve2Love yeesh 😬 calm down there buddy
Mar 5, 9:11 AM

Apr 2020
GoateeMusic said:

After all THIS? 😬

Damn, Your self awareness is non-existent, buddy xD
Mar 5, 9:12 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Merve2Love
@GoateeMusic

Glad you're happy, tho^^
@Merve2Love we're sorry for wasting your time i guess, this is after all a discussion about the anime and talking to you about the anime is only logical, as you said, it's your decision to make, we just wanted to highlight the pros of the show so you can possibly continue watching it for your own enjoyment, we stand to gain nothing from you watching it other than to share what we think is a really wholesome anime, have a good day/night.
Mar 5, 9:50 AM
Sep 2018
Reply to Merve2Love
GoateeMusic said:

After all THIS? 😬

Damn, Your self awareness is non-existent, buddy xD
@Merve2Love I think you're heavily misreading what I said, I was having a friendly discussion, I don't know what the heck you are doing 😂
Mar 5, 3:01 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to GoateeMusic
@Merve2Love I think you're heavily misreading what I said, I was having a friendly discussion, I don't know what the heck you are doing 😂
@GoateeMusic

I think you took it very seriously. I said: I don't like this. Then you texted me about 300 words on why Im wrong. I responded. You said: "Calm down"

You're making no sense, you know^^ You're missing some social skills, that would make this exchange kinda *normal*.
Please uhm...let's stop this.
Merve2LoveMar 5, 3:04 PM
Mar 5, 5:47 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to Merve2Love
@GoateeMusic

I think you took it very seriously. I said: I don't like this. Then you texted me about 300 words on why Im wrong. I responded. You said: "Calm down"

You're making no sense, you know^^ You're missing some social skills, that would make this exchange kinda *normal*.
Please uhm...let's stop this.
@Merve2Love IRONY
Mar 9, 8:22 PM

Sep 2012
I mean... looking at the author's past titles like Mitsudomoe. I think the person has a think for these really young looking character where they look like lolis/shota. (In Mitsudomoe's case, they are lolis)

Do I think Ichikawa will actually be that much different as years go by? I think his short childish appearance will be maintained for that shota appeal. Nothing wrong with it but it's not surprising if people don't like that appearance.
Mar 9, 8:28 PM

Jun 2010
lol yamada is hueg
Mar 9, 9:09 PM
Feb 2021
I'm not disturb from their difference height because they are still 14. But I hope Ichikawa's height will higher when he is already in high school or collage
Mar 10, 5:11 AM

Oct 2008
lol well the gap has closed slightly, this didnt age well lmao
Mar 10, 6:21 AM

Sep 2020
Imagine being so self conscious about your own height that you don’t like taller female characters in fictional media…
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 7:01 AM

Aug 2019
yes. yes you are.
i think you are thinking too deeply into things if god damn height difference is enough to put you off :DD its fiction for fuck sake and even in real life people are different heights

either my internet is exploding or its mal. accidentally posted three times
HiljainenSipuliMar 10, 7:13 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 8:53 AM

Aug 2008
Lovely Complex is one of my favorite romances with similar height difference, doesn't bother me at all. What turned me off initially on this show was the serial killer nonsense, especially as its now been dropped completely, could have cut it out and just had him be a loner. The cliche plot as well but its won me over. This second season is a big improvement over S1 imo.
Mar 10, 9:57 AM
Jan 2023
Yes, only you 👽
Mar 10, 10:13 AM

May 2018
Who is taller between Ichikawa's father and Yamada? Children's height normally decided by their parent's height and if Ichikawa's father is shorter than Yamada, it's unlikely Ichikawa will grow taller than Yamanda since height is genetic.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

80 by Gator »»
12 hours ago

» Season 3?

martingunnarsson - Mar 30

26 by Gator »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » R u satisfied or disappointed ( 1 2 3 )

Hickykissy - Mar 31

100 by Gator »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Mar 30

353 by Gator »»
Today, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

128 by Gator »»
Today, 7:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.