Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 31, 7:20 AM
Oct 2018
Reply to Dije
@Thunder_lol This show it's not well written. My friend wrote to me what happens in the epilogue of the story (so after continuous events in which the protagonist becomes more and more OP in increasingly ridiculous ways). I'm putting it under spoilers so if you want to get an idea of the kind of narrative atrocities that exist
@Dije And what you put under the spoiler is an example of a good, well written ending. The story isn't perfect and the latter parts drag out way too much, but the ending itself is solid, so I don't get your point.
Jan 31, 7:33 AM

Sep 2020
Dang so it's that bad huh?
Jan 31, 4:16 PM
Apr 2022
Yeah, it's weird. This show is definitely very mid considering the praise it got. I think people just overhypes any manhwa->anime shows in general, probably because it's like a "new trend", and tends to give them extremely generous scores. This kind of happened to GoT and GOHS, even though both were very very mid shows as well.

I think it feels very reminiscent of SAO because it was also a fairly mid power fantasy story that got overhyped, because "power fantasy in isekai" in anime back then was also kind of a new trend (even if SAO isn't technically an isekai nor is it the first show to do isekai, the entire story plays out just like one, where instead of parallel universe, you have this game universe where your MC receives a second chance/second life to play out a generic power fantasy).
Feb 5, 10:06 PM

Apr 2015
a lot of non biased manhwa readers actually consider SL as mid. i used to really like SL,but after reading it's novel,i realized that without it's cool manhwa art,the novel is actually pretty unbearable to read
Feb 25, 1:46 PM
Jun 2020
Reply to Dije
@Thunder_lol This show it's not well written. My friend wrote to me what happens in the epilogue of the story (so after continuous events in which the protagonist becomes more and more OP in increasingly ridiculous ways). I'm putting it under spoilers so if you want to get an idea of the kind of narrative atrocities that exist
@Dije if that'syour main argument for comparing this and SAO, your out of your mind. I've only watched the anime thus far, but I for certain know the difference between having OP shit being just giving to you, and being dismembered and near death to gain a bit of power. They aren't even comparable. There isn't a thing kirito and Jinwoo actually have in common.

Kirito pisses and moans about having to take a life, jinwoo already have 6 bodies in 6 episodes. Kirito has no real purpose, jinwoo will do whatever it takes for his family. I could go on and on and I I'm at ep 6
Mar 2, 1:33 AM

Nov 2019
SAO actually has some story and ideas, while SL is plain brainless and unoriginal, with bad characters and non existent plot. I'm saying this as someone who doesn't even like SAO.
Mar 2, 2:40 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Dije
@Dije Your explanation for ending is not so good. But solo leveling not only ending but it feels rushed since beginning of season 2, like they are only adding just action after action they did skip some developments.
As for ending was rushed but not intentional from the manhwa team. Epilogue has 25+ chapters in LN but it was skipped in manhwa due to artist's health issues(also he passed away rip). They were taking lot of breaks until they hit the deadline given by the publishers. So they just rushed to the end of the story.
Mar 2, 6:13 AM
Feb 2023
TouhouMetal said:
SAO actually has some story and ideas, while SL is plain brainless and unoriginal, with bad characters and non existent plot. I'm saying this as someone who doesn't even like SAO.

Did you just call SAO, that turned into a harem and 2 underaged characters adopting a child, a story. But SL, that has a MC getting controlled by outside forces save his mother, no story? God you are a hater through abd through.
Mar 2, 7:40 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to Confused_100
TouhouMetal said:

Did you just call SAO, that turned into a harem and 2 underaged characters adopting a child, a story. But SL, that has a MC getting controlled by outside forces save his mother, no story? God you are a hater through abd through.
@Confused_100 Yep. I'm saying SAO has better ideas in terms of story writing. It's pretty obvious. I hate Kirito too, but MC having more 'noble motives' does not make the story better. This is not me saying I love SAO, it's me saying SL is truly boring and uninspiring. Btw by SAO I'm including Alicization.
TouhouMetalMar 2, 7:45 AM
Mar 2, 11:51 AM

Aug 2011
Lmao solo leveling is pretty generic over blown fantasy
Mar 2, 1:02 PM

Nov 2020
No, in Solo Leveling MC doesn't collect shit, I mean hopelessly written anime girls and the plot is still going somewhere, unlike in Sao
Mar 2, 7:05 PM
Nov 2013
Please, this trash has nothing on SAO. Literally nothing regarding this is believable nor good other than the animation. It is offensively overrated.
Highly skilled professionals turning down being a guild leader, which pays exponentially more just like C-suite positions compared to other leadership roles?
People going on raids with prisoners that are displaying signs of being openly hostile?
The government dispatching a B-rank to look over C-rank people on an URGENT job when, as explained in the story, the B-ranker could have just soloed the URGENT job? And once again, people believing it, while also believing there is not enough personnel to send on raids which caused the urgency to begin with?

I'll take the kirito is always right foundation, sheeptar the sheep king and Gary's screaming cries of pain any day of the week over this garbage.
Mar 2, 7:18 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to Thunder_lol
You can say this is SAO if it's well written
@Thunder_lol why does SAO have to be well written when this one is far from?
Mar 3, 12:08 AM

Nov 2014
that's an insult to SAO.
Mar 3, 12:09 AM

Aug 2008
so many haters in one place and sao lovers :)))
The spider is watching
Mar 3, 12:23 AM

Nov 2014
Reply to Kritoveris
a lot of non biased manhwa readers actually consider SL as mid. i used to really like SL,but after reading it's novel,i realized that without it's cool manhwa art,the novel is actually pretty unbearable to read
@Kritoveris the popularity is because of the art. i've never seen anyone praise the novel or the story but lots of praises for the cool action and edgy scenes illustrated by the artist.
Mar 3, 4:24 AM

Jul 2009
Reply to mizukasa
@Kritoveris the popularity is because of the art. i've never seen anyone praise the novel or the story but lots of praises for the cool action and edgy scenes illustrated by the artist.
@mizukasa I've seen a ton of people like the story and the novel. And on literally every website, the novel has an above average rating, where some of the 1* reviews where literally just "power fantasy = shit" so they didn't even like the setting in the first place, making their score mean nothing.

The manhwa definitely profited from the art, I'm not disagreeing with that.
Mar 3, 10:46 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to Dije
@Dije That's the plot you nimb wit, writing is the quality of the text itself, not what the text is saying.

writing is how well you tell the story, how well you write it. 5 people could follow an exact story plot point by plot point, and make 5 works of different quality.

Solo leveling is a shameless power fantasy with a mostly generic "plot", but it's not poorly written. It properly builds everything up, the dialogue has actual thought put into it, it has a good idea on when to tell you something, and when to show it to you, it's paced extremely well, and a lot more specific things that I could talk about.

Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Mar 3, 1:26 PM

May 2010
manghwa only reader here.

Solo leveling was an absolute blast to read until a certain point where story turns into actual dogshit! (ending i...just keep watching)
Sung Jin-Woo has one big issue..he has no real goal but getting stronger and stronger. (well he does but he reaches it like halfway through the manghwa)

Solo leveling does not have many characters and most of them are irrelevant and get completely forgotten (a certain demon girl in a certain dungeon ..you will never see her again)
Sung Jin-Woo is the only character that matters.

Its so jarring when you read something like Omniscient Reader right after..where there are tons of characters that are so important to the plot and the main character actively tries to keep them alive.

Mar 3, 2:40 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to mizukasa
@mizukasa yep,the art,cool action,OP badass cool mc with cool power,n the edginess. basically things that kid/teen(i believe the majority of sl fans) really really like.
Apr 10, 3:44 PM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
Reply to Kerozinn
manghwa only reader here.

Solo leveling was an absolute blast to read until a certain point where story turns into actual dogshit! (ending i...just keep watching)
Sung Jin-Woo has one big issue..he has no real goal but getting stronger and stronger. (well he does but he reaches it like halfway through the manghwa)

Solo leveling does not have many characters and most of them are irrelevant and get completely forgotten (a certain demon girl in a certain dungeon ..you will never see her again)
Sung Jin-Woo is the only character that matters.

Its so jarring when you read something like Omniscient Reader right after..where there are tons of characters that are so important to the plot and the main character actively tries to keep them alive.

@Kerozinn My thoughts exactly, except that Solo Levelling sucks all kinds of dick in general. SAO is a masterpiece compared to this crap.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Season 2 will focused more on side charcter and explore the world 360

Hickykissy - May 10

28 by OroficB06 »»
Yesterday, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

398 by KcmcPro »»
Yesterday, 4:03 PM

» Are People Just Hate-Watching Now? ( 1 2 3 )

HyroSan - Feb 12

103 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Yesterday, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

729 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

514 by Deono »»
Jun 9, 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.