Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 5:56 AM
Sep 2021
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! This episode really broke me. Seeing how much things have changed through the flashbacks and seeing Xie Lian get so worked up always gets to me... Them showing little Hong-er was also something I didn't expect but greatly appreciated... "I'll never forget you" 😭😭😭

Everyone, please go check out the new promotional video on the official Twitter account. It's absolutely stunning. I can't believe this was the last one. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long for S3😭

Here's the link:
https://twitter.com/TGCF_Official/status/1747597385847750916
Jan 17, 6:06 AM

Aug 2010
Looks like this was the end of season 2. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for season 3 *pray*

The official X account posted a video of images summarizing s2, the art is gorgeous!
https://x.com/TGCF_Official/status/1747597385847750916?s=20

They also posted some new posters
https://x.com/TGCF_Official/status/1747589588971815124?s=20
https://x.com/TGCF_Official/status/1747468792878309715?s=20
Jan 17, 6:49 AM
Aug 2020
this was another great episode

the animation,/ ost/the story

this cousin is trash...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 17, 7:03 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
An incorrectly made episode thread has been merged into this one.
Jan 17, 10:42 AM

Dec 2020
qi rong SUCKS

all the homies hate qi rong
Jan 17, 10:59 AM

Jun 2021
Gonna miss watching this weekly
Btw anyone got any idea whether third season is announced yet or will be announced soon?
Jan 17, 11:43 AM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
NOOO 。⁠:゚⁠(⁠;⁠´⁠∩⁠`⁠;⁠)゚⁠:⁠。 that's it..? It can't be!
this anime is so heartbreakingly captivating!
I pray that they continue this soon,
Does Xie Lian finally realize who Hua Cheng is?!
What a cliffhanger (⁠ ⁠≧⁠Д⁠≦⁠) !!!
Jan 17, 1:23 PM

Sep 2007
Ohhh that was last episode of season 2, noooo.
I really enjoyed it.
Also, I'm surprised (but I enjoyed it greatly) by the last few minutes of this episode. I guess it's a trade-off because well, in novel you can unveil the cards differently, while it works differently for the show cut into seasons... But yeah,
Jan 17, 1:28 PM

Nov 2017
The episode is moving to finish in beauty the second season!
Jan 17, 2:56 PM

May 2018
I’m all up in the feelings about having to wait for S3. Well, guess I’ll read the novel again.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Jan 17, 2:57 PM
Oct 2016
Don't mind me, I'm just sobbing in the corner after watching that montage.
Jan 17, 3:30 PM
Sep 2022
Okay but Hua Cheng’s ending line?? 😩 What a perfect end to the season.
Jan 17, 3:32 PM
Mar 2021
fuck qi rong. That mf.

LidiamarrylJan 24, 2:25 PM
Jan 17, 10:18 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Ughhhh what a great end to the second season 🥺 hopefully we won’t have to wait long for a third season! Great season all around going to miss watching this weekly 🫠
Jan 17, 11:41 PM
Aug 2016
Does anyone know where to watch the Japanese dub for this season?
Jan 18, 3:59 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to xrimiatara
Does anyone know where to watch the Japanese dub for this season?
@xrimiatara it started airing on crunchyroll on the 7th!
ObombsawayJan 18, 4:17 AM
Jan 18, 6:49 PM
Jul 2019
uuurggghh the realization they are so gay they make me sick i love them sm
Jan 19, 10:23 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to Nanami
I really enjoyed it.
Also, I'm surprised (but I enjoyed it greatly) by the last few minutes of this episode. I guess it's a trade-off because well, in novel you can unveil the cards differently, while it works differently for the show cut into seasons... But yeah,
@Nanami I guess the creators are going through the assumption that every single one of the fans have read the novels. I do have a gripe regarding that... because the novels did a wonderful job keeping the secrets, whereas the anime has hinted at a few things very clearly, and with Hua Cheng's identity there is absolutely no doubt.
Jan 19, 2:55 PM

Jan 2010
Kinda wish 50% of the episode wasn't all flashbacks of what we've already seen in previous episodes, but I get they had to pad things out. Because the arc after this is one long boring
. I just remember speed reading it when I first read the novel. So if they do do a season 3, I wonder how they will handle it.

All in all the season was fine I guess? There's just something about it I didn't 100% like, but it's hard to put a finger on it. Because this was a shorter arc, they really had to draaaggggg things out to fill up 12 episodes.
Also, I felt like the donghua portrayed Hua Cheng as more of a generic shonen protagonist? idk. I wasn't really vibing with how his and Xie Lan's relationship was portrayed at times? Like I said, it's hard to put it into words...something just felt...lacking I guess?

Still glad we got a season 2 after all the delay. If season 3 does happen, hopefully the news will come out soonish
Jan 19, 2:58 PM

Aug 2023
STOPPPPPP. I am shedding a tear for right now. This show is too beautiful, PLEASE we need a season 3. This whole episode surrounding Xie Lian’s grief about his past and the weight on his shoulders. So impactful, and the last line really got me. PEAK!
Jan 20, 10:46 AM
Sep 2022
It was even better, that the 1st season. Peak fiction, 9/10 🔥
Jan 20, 6:12 PM

Apr 2014
“i want to accompany you until the end”
😭🥺😭🥺😭 shaking and crying rn
Jan 20, 10:58 PM

Nov 2012
I am so lost. I re-watched 11 and watched 12 twice. How in the heck/when did Qian Le figure out who San Lang was? He called him GeGe for big brother which means he was an older but not too much older male that he was close to. The subs San Lang, Lian. Where did that come from? Was that San Lang with the wounds near that burning tree that said he'd always remember? See...LOST. Who exactly is Hua Cheng to the Prince and how did they connect that name to San Lang. What did I miss? And in which episode?

Maybe I should watch J-subs so I can understand it a bit better.
dragynfaerieJan 20, 11:24 PM
Jan 20, 11:23 PM

Nov 2012
Reply to Nanami
I really enjoyed it.
@Nanami Actually, whoever put the cast info on the title page spoiled it. It doesn't say San Lang at all. I'm confused as to how they found out.
Jan 31, 10:51 AM
May 2020
Reply to dragynfaerie
I am so lost. I re-watched 11 and watched 12 twice. How in the heck/when did Qian Le figure out who San Lang was? He called him GeGe for big brother which means he was an older but not too much older male that he was close to. The subs San Lang, Lian. Where did that come from? Was that San Lang with the wounds near that burning tree that said he'd always remember? See...LOST. Who exactly is Hua Cheng to the Prince and how did they connect that name to San Lang. What did I miss? And in which episode?

@dragynfaerie Xie Lian hasn’t figured out who San Lang is yet. The last couple of scenes at the end is kind of just an ending for the next season, where they will probably show Xie Lian’s past. You’ll understand everything once you watch the next season.

Also I’m not 100% sure but San Lang has no meaning. It just means “Third Brother”, and he chose a lazy fake name to cover up his identity for when he first met Xie Lian :)
Feb 1, 1:05 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to dragynfaerie

@dragynfaerie

San Lang is an old term of endearment for a lover in addition to meaning "third son". The character "Lang 郎" can have several meanings depending on the context. It usually refers to a male and can be used in a variety of contexts such as to refer to a son of a family, a groom or as a term of endearment romantically. The latter is why several characters, such as Qi Rong, point out how close Hua Cheng and Xie Lian seem.

Xie Lian hasn't figured out who Hua Cheng/San Lang is yet but has correctly guessed that they have met before most likely before his first ascension. In the novels, Xie Lian only discovers Hua Cheng's true identity in volume 6, while we as readers are given definitive clues as early as volume 2. Season 2 of the donghua covered the first 2 arcs of volume 2 of the novel so we can expect season 3 to cover the rest which will reveal a lot. I don't want to spoil it for others, so I don't want to say too much...

However, the donghua seems to operate under the assumption that most people have read the novels. Hence, they spoiled pretty much everything by showing us clips of Xie Lian and Hua Cheng's shared past in the music montages within episodes 1 and 13 of S1 and now again at the end of S2. Given the lack of context behind these scenes, I'm not surprised that some people are confused, which is why I'd highly recommend reading the books. A lot of scenes are censored or omitted from the donghua so the books are much more detailed and fulfilling while still being surprisingly easy to comprehend. 

frostfire-sanFeb 1, 1:08 PM
Feb 1, 6:24 PM

Nov 2012
Reply to erenzzie
@dragynfaerie Xie Lian hasn’t figured out who San Lang is yet. The last couple of scenes at the end is kind of just an ending for the next season, where they will probably show Xie Lian’s past. You’ll understand everything once you watch the next season.

Also I’m not 100% sure but San Lang has no meaning. It just means “Third Brother”, and he chose a lazy fake name to cover up his identity for when he first met Xie Lian :)
@erenzzie Thanks. they need to hurry with 3.
Feb 1, 6:56 PM

Nov 2012
Reply to frostfire-san
@dragynfaerie

San Lang is an old term of endearment for a lover in addition to meaning "third son". The character "Lang 郎" can have several meanings depending on the context. It usually refers to a male and can be used in a variety of contexts such as to refer to a son of a family, a groom or as a term of endearment romantically. The latter is why several characters, such as Qi Rong, point out how close Hua Cheng and Xie Lian seem.

Xie Lian hasn't figured out who Hua Cheng/San Lang is yet but has correctly guessed that they have met before most likely before his first ascension. In the novels, Xie Lian only discovers Hua Cheng's true identity in volume 6, while we as readers are given definitive clues as early as volume 2. Season 2 of the donghua covered the first 2 arcs of volume 2 of the novel so we can expect season 3 to cover the rest which will reveal a lot. I don't want to spoil it for others, so I don't want to say too much...

However, the donghua seems to operate under the assumption that most people have read the novels. Hence, they spoiled pretty much everything by showing us clips of Xie Lian and Hua Cheng's shared past in the music montages within episodes 1 and 13 of S1 and now again at the end of S2. Given the lack of context behind these scenes, I'm not surprised that some people are confused, which is why I'd highly recommend reading the books. A lot of scenes are censored or omitted from the donghua so the books are much more detailed and fulfilling while still being surprisingly easy to comprehend. 

@frostfire-san TYVM for the info. The end was a spoiler, but, as I replied to someone earlier, whoever put the cast info on the title page spoiled it. I noticed awhile ago, but didn't have a frame of reference.
Feb 2, 3:01 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to dragynfaerie
@frostfire-san TYVM for the info. The end was a spoiler, but, as I replied to someone earlier, whoever put the cast info on the title page spoiled it. I noticed awhile ago, but didn't have a frame of reference.
@dragynfaerie I supposed the cast info is a spoiler but still the fact that Hua Cheng is San Lang is only a spoiler in S1 and tbh I think almost everyone suspected him from the jump. Other than the obvious allusions in the donghua, I don't think his true identity was revealed on the cast page unless you go digging through wiki.
Feb 6, 12:03 AM
Jul 2020
How long I waited for this season 2 and now it's over 😭 I really like this donghua this and Mo dao zu shi ,I eagerly await the season 3.
Apr 20, 5:23 PM
Aug 2021
it was sad that i finished the season so quickly, I'm missing them already!
Apr 29, 4:51 AM
Jan 2023
really liked this season
May 16, 4:49 AM
Sep 2021
I really wish that the next season will be the time to make our dream true. I want to see hua cheng and xie lian to be together. All most all of the watchers are dying to see them together and i want them to be for real. And also so much exited to know about hua cheng's and xie lian's relationship from the past. It's gonna get so much of sweetness for the fujoshis and fudanshis. Also it's one of my most fav BL anime ever after given. Wish the author a very good luck to satisfy us by giving us what we want.😁👌😎
THE WAY HUA CHENG SAID HE'LL BE WITH HIM UNTILL THE END WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
BTW I'M CRYING NOW
Tamima10May 16, 4:53 AM
Today, 4:45 AM

Dec 2020
Ending on a cliffhanger!

I think I prefer s1 to this one slightly.
Show is still very pretty and I loved all the interactions between characters. I still have the problem of remembering who's who and their names and some troubles following along. But once I figured what's going on that's when I can really appreciate the show

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tian Guan Cifu Er Episode 6 Discussion

otakuweek - Dec 6, 2023

27 by Muow »»
May 21, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Tian Guan Cifu Er Episode 2 Discussion

otakuweek - Oct 25, 2023

35 by Muow »»
May 17, 3:52 PM

Poll: » Tian Guan Cifu Er Episode 4 Discussion

otakuweek - Nov 8, 2023

27 by Tamima10 »»
May 14, 2:39 AM

Poll: » Tian Guan Cifu Er Episode 3 Discussion

otakuweek - Nov 1, 2023

16 by Tamima10 »»
May 13, 1:01 AM

» Japanese dub??

Mega_Muse - Apr 5

7 by Mishiia »»
Apr 12, 6:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.