Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 2, 2023 7:57 PM

Nov 2012
It was a nail biter for a few minutes. Ibara was crafty and buff. I thought Senku had met his match.

I hope Senku has enough acid to make potion for at least Yuzuriha, Chrome, and Taiju.

Yuzu has to gather up Ryuusui and put him back together..... again.
Taiju needs to dive and find the cop statue and the gun.
Chrome just needs to do Chrome stuff.
dragynfaerieDec 2, 2023 8:01 PM
Dec 2, 2023 11:49 PM
Jul 2020
I really loved this episode, Senku vs Ibara was really intense. 🔥🔥🔥

Dec 3, 2023 9:22 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to Bubblesaturn
Alex_the_reaper said:
the ending was emotional af ngl

I'm crying here 🥹
@Bubblesaturn ngl I was crying really hard at the end of the episode 🥹 The wonderful ending made it even more emotional
Dec 3, 2023 9:44 AM

Oct 2019
Perhaps the best episode so far, with literally everything at stake. Senku and co prevailed, though barely. That was quite a victory/anguish cry at the end!

My prediction of how Senku avoided petrification was almost correct. I knew he must have been petrified and unpetrified using his acids but not that he threw the bottle into the air (I thought he had the bottle slowly dripping over him at the nick of time).
Dec 3, 2023 11:14 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Ibara and Senku had one of the best cat and mouse back and forth in recent memory.
Dec 3, 2023 12:25 PM
Jul 2022
my heart is swingigng
Dec 3, 2023 4:43 PM
Dec 2023
It was so good and beautiful🤩 bravo
Dec 3, 2023 5:52 PM
Nov 2021
Godlike. What an ep
Dec 3, 2023 10:37 PM
Jan 2023
i personally loved this episode and as someone who's anime only i think it would be interesting to see the fire the petra device from the gun and use the ear piece at 1m 1s
Dec 3, 2023 11:59 PM
Apr 2022
this episode was hype
Dec 4, 2023 5:57 AM

Jan 2017
And the Kingdom of Science wins! How I love how Senku wrapped up the past events by appreciating how he wasn't alone in such great achievement
Dec 4, 2023 12:13 PM

Jan 2021
Am I the only person who even god damn remembers why we were here in the first place?
Dec 4, 2023 5:44 PM

Jul 2016
So many last-minute twists. Man, I'm exhausted.

And as someone else said, this sure was "power of friendship" done right.
Dec 5, 2023 5:40 AM
Apr 2020
Senku's scream was incredible
Dec 5, 2023 11:21 AM
Mar 2021
I think its the best episode!! We finally get the medusa :D
Dec 6, 2023 9:48 AM

Aug 2019
This guy really thought he could outsmart Senku lol
Dec 6, 2023 1:16 PM
May 2022
Imagine if all the people that they flash through at the end of the episode that got petrified actually died, it’d make the last scene hit so much harder.
Dec 6, 2023 1:17 PM
Feb 2022
Foi uma boa ver o senku em ação no combate e lutando da sua maneira.
Dec 6, 2023 5:28 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode, definitely the best of the season! The amount of times that everyone got petrified and unpetrified is insane!
And that ending scene is so good! You're not alone this time Senku.

Can't wait to see him revive everyone, i wish they have shown it in this episode...but that would be wishing at that point.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 6, 2023 9:35 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Holy moly, that was intense! I really do think that Ibara had Senku beat this time but Ryusui turned the fight around with that impromptu rush with the earpiece.

Senku thinking it's back to his lonesome days with the mellow ost in the background was touching but thankfully Ruri-sama with the timing! This series continues to deliver.

For some reason, it just hit me this episode but the Op suits the cour so much. Hoping that Kohaku run up and hug with Senkuu isn't just clickbait, lol. All praises for Anly-san's ED too.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 6, 2023 10:16 PM

Oct 2008
OMG! THIS IS THE MOST EXHILIRATING INTENSE EPISODE EVER! MY HEART IS BEATING FAST I IMMEDIATELY WENT TO FORUMS JUST TO WRITE THIS DOWN THE MOMENT SENKU ULTIMATELY WINS!!!
5/5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
matias067Dec 6, 2023 10:27 PM

Dec 7, 2023 9:05 AM
Jun 2020
even if Ibara would qualify as a genius in the stone age, it's hard to accept he could scheme on equal footing of senku or even ryusui being unfamiliar with scientifically proven concepts. it's almost as unbelievable as old man Ibara winning tug a war wearing high heels against 2 others.

Anyway, what are the chances the Medusa would actually trigger with anything other then an integer.

senku- "area 5 meters...in a single second"

for a smart guy that was a fuck up that should have cost everything. probably would have been better had the mangaka just altered senkus speech for one sentence instead of the route they went
Dec 7, 2023 10:35 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
great final battle of intelligence!!!
kekeke
Dec 11, 2023 12:26 AM

Oct 2013
The battle with Ibara was epic! Senkuu was genuinely frightened twice by how dread and risky this whole situation was. First, having to think fast and calculate the best moment to throw the revival fluid with the impending petrification beam on its way; and the second situation - with Ibara proving once again his cunningness that had led him to the position of de facto the ruler of that island.

But in the end, the Kingdom of Science has won! 💪 Petrification beam acquired.

I liked the ending sequence, with Senkuu seeing the sight he saw last time shortly after getting depetrified all alone, in the middle of ruins, nature and stone statues. This time, however, he is not alone anymore, and soon his friends will be depetrified.
Dec 11, 2023 9:29 PM

Apr 2015
Damn Senku the Genius!
How can people not like him :)
The end of the episode made me emotional, Senku realising he's not alone anymore and how far he has come.
Best episode of this arc for me!
BiisooDec 11, 2023 9:57 PM
Dec 15, 2023 6:39 AM
Aug 2023
So Senku threw the revival fluid bottle 3 meters up to make it fall on himself after he's fully petrified because he was worried it wouldn't work before he was fully petrified. If he was that worried, wouldn't it have been safer to just throw the revival fluid bottle at his allies in front of him who've been fully petrified already?
Dec 16, 2023 2:45 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
What a beautiful episode, the climactic finish to the cat and mouse game with Ibara. It's great that they could pull off the drone after all, although they weren't strong enough on their own to pull it anywhere. In the end it was a battle of wits, and Ibara losing to his very words. This is the power of friendship/teamwork done right, Senku didn't win on his own.

Funny how they included that line about not even Toyota or Google coming up with the car that he he technically didn't make himself. Self driving is going to take a couple more years to become a viable option, and even then.. welp Senku could probably invent it in a modern setting without much of a sweat.
Dec 24, 2023 12:27 PM

May 2015
Damn it. So close to losing it.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 27, 2023 12:17 PM

Aug 2022
What an incredible last-man-standing fight! I've been on edge from the first to the last second of the episode! This one totally earned my rating to go up from 8 to 9!!

The true downfall of Ibara was claiming he was cautious but then failing to recognize Ishigami Senku from the 100 Stories. But again, he got rid of the family keeping those stories alive, so it was again his own fault for failing and paying the much-deserved price.

Still, Ibara was such a formidable villain through his cunning, and also surprisingly strong. It was great to see him finally petrified. Great episode! I've never enjoyed a battle of wits so much!!
Dec 27, 2023 9:02 PM

Oct 2015
Ibara was definitely the most formidable foe the crew had. Maybe not the strongest (Tsukasa) or the most dexterous (Hyouga) but he was definitely crafty and fought to the bitter end. Very satisfying victory. It's really amazing how the show could give a sense of stakes and tension despite no casualties, thanks to the petrification being a permanent debilitator, it is as bad as death if you don't have any allies standing, which keeps things tense even in a show that doesn't want to kill people off.

I did think though that there was a much easier and less risky alternative to Senku's timing nitric acid throw. Couldn't someone not yet petrified throw to the person in front of them that already is petrified? It feels like you would be way less likely to mess up there. But maybe in a state of panic, they thought of this suboptimal strategy instead, that's fair enough by me.
Jan 5, 11:48 AM

Mar 2010
Doctor stones new years fireworks were great, tho i don't think they were for new years. Idk how they will manage a asspull trip to the moon but.. now that they can revive anyone.. they prolly gonna get some super geniuses from being stones... maybe elon musK haha XD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 14, 12:26 PM

Jan 2020
Duuude this battle was fucking sick, i loved the back and forth outsmarting between Ibara and Senku. The writer cooked with this one. I also liked how Ibara was smart and cunning aswell, as much as I hate him, I cant help but appreciate how he managed to go toe-to-toe with Senku. The small scene after the battle was quite emotional aswell. W episode
man.
Mar 12, 11:22 PM
Dec 2022
Plan time the beam moves at the same speed good to know i was thinking he would do that actual big brain play
self driving car 100% its over its really over
DRONE CLUTCH WAIT AAAAAAAAAA WAIT NO ITS OVER AGAIN WAIT NO RYUSUI GOAT
FR THIS TIME PLEASE GET FUCKED IBARA LLLLLL

petrification device finally acquired im alone again pain. the fellas are calling

Peak scene
Apr 13, 1:10 PM
Mar 2019
Senku is all that's left for the victory.
May 9, 2:23 PM

Mar 2013
One of the best episodes in the series. I'm scared to what would have happened, had the liquid didn't hit Senku from the right end. It would be game over.
Ibara was very annoying with his schemes. Good thing he finally shut up. And for a long time I hope so lol.
May 16, 7:43 PM

May 2022
Senku is not alone

This final was so emotional. They finally won the battle and Senku had a retrospective about everything he did while he was alone in the beginning, but this time, thanks to Ruri, he noticed he wasn't alone.
May 20, 4:50 PM

Dec 2007
this anime just continue to surprise more and more. though i suspect this is only the beginning of the surprises xD
i mean, this battle of wits was one of the best shounen battle i had watched in years, seriously coming close to quality material of death note.
ibara is sick and all, but i love how in the end he were like the perfect rival to senku, though being outmatched only because he didn't realized that senku is distracting him only to revive.

that ending was really bitter sweet :D
(though rori coming exactly at the right timing is really off lol)

i kind of have a guess of how all the questions of this arc gonna be answered. it's a guess but i will still put it in spoiler
User-NameMay 20, 4:55 PM
Jun 2, 2:49 AM

Jun 2017
Ibara's defeat couldn't be more satisfying! I was so relieved when it was finally over because he was irritating the hell out of me!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2023

127 by Rithic »»
May 28, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2023

94 by KoniginElle »»
May 22, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2023

99 by User-Name »»
May 20, 5:50 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2023

114 by User-Name »»
May 20, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2023

98 by User-Name »»
May 20, 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.