Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 24, 2023 2:24 AM
Jun 2021
This is my first proper attempt of Jojo as a whole, but honestly I don't see why Stardust Crusaders is regarded with such praise (I have not seen Stardust Crusaders part 2 btw) when its just what feels to be filler-like monster of the week episodes? The memes are the only redeemable section of this part of Stardust Crusaders so far. I'm just shocked that it has a score of 8 on MAL. What about this first part of Stardust Crusaders do you think makes it good?
Oct 24, 2023 2:33 AM
Jun 2020
BrolyTheLegend said:
This is my first proper attempt of Jojo as a whole, but honestly I don't see why Stardust Crusaders is regarded with such praise (I have not seen Stardust Crusaders part 2 btw) when its just what feels to be filler-like monster of the week episodes? The memes are the only redeemable section of this part of Stardust Crusaders so far. I'm just shocked that it has a score of 8 on MAL. What about this first part of Stardust Crusaders do you think makes it good?

I mean by the end of part 3 I felt like it was 2 episode fight w stand user then someone almost dies then we do it all over again. I thought it was even worse in part 5. But it is a battle Shonen. But I get what u mean if that’s not what ur used to it’s tough to engage w. But the over arching story is the selling point and like u said the memes. But another problem w a show like part 3 is that it’s just so overhyped anyone after seeing all the memes and community would assume it was the best anime in the world
Oct 24, 2023 2:36 AM
Mar 2023
Honestly skip this one get in to all the crusaders are United then just watch episode 1 of part 3 season 2
Oct 24, 2023 2:43 AM
Mar 2021
No your right. It’s very formulaic in its structure. Which makes it predictable. Characters r pretty 1 dimensional aswell, or at least there’s not a whole lot of naunce to them. And it can be very tonally inconsistent with its humour, making it hard to take the serious scenes serious.

Part 4 does a better job at this. Part 7 even more so.
Oct 24, 2023 2:43 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Eldencheese
Honestly skip this one get in to all the crusaders are United then just watch episode 1 of part 3 season 2
@Eldencheese I don't skip canon material
Oct 24, 2023 2:53 AM

Oct 2020
BrolyTheLegend said:

IT'S THE ONLY TRUE "ADVENTURE" PART IN JOJO WHICH EXPLORES PLACES THAT YOU'LL SEE Only after Part 6,, i.e., again in Part 7.

Some of the characters and Scenes are more memorable than the next parts.

This part got a Whole different Vibe.
And it's Mostly Funny, Sad at times and Thrilling as well. Feels More like WESTERN "COMIC" rather than any asian anime.
--
As of the story and Characters, definitely it improves with each and every part, and newer protagonists storyline n Villains are much more complex and we'll written but that's not the point of it.

The Anime captured the moments Well enough to hit the spot. And that's the Only reason it remains as a favourite among Jojo fans. I bet, SDC was more "ENTERTAINING" than the other animated parts.
Anayan_KashyapOct 24, 2023 2:58 AM
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Oct 24, 2023 3:12 AM
May 2022
BrolyTheLegend said:

I'll be honest, i don't consider part 1 that great, i think it only serves as an introduction with a couple of fights really, but after that it progressively gets better, atleast that's how it was for me.
Oct 24, 2023 3:25 AM
Jan 2021
BrolyTheLegend said:

People enjoy stands more than hamon, also it was releasing weekly so the villian of the week was entertaining .The final fight was awesome and the best part was it covering everything from the manga and even adding lots of additional things that didn't exist in the manga . so that's why people, especially manga readers rated it so high .
Oct 24, 2023 3:36 AM

Mar 2018
I honestly I agree, for me it's the second worst after phantom blood. Not to say it's bad, but it's definetly overrated imo
Oct 24, 2023 4:44 AM
Sep 2023
I agree with you.
Yeah, I can handle episodic anime when I expect it from a show — *cough* Ojamajo Doremi *cough* —, but it wasn't what I expected from JoJo, especially after having watched parts 1 and 2, which I enjoyed more than most of part 3.
Don't get me wrong: I do think it's entertaining, but, half-way through part 3, I was starting to ask myself when was this gonna end.
The stand users in part 3 are based on the Tarot cards — and there are a lot of Tarot cards, more than the main plot really needed —, so I think that's a factor.
"The Frightbot told a story so scary you'll never go to the bathroom at night again."
Oct 24, 2023 5:40 AM
Nov 2020
BrolyTheLegend said:
@Eldencheese I don't skip canon material

Honestly respectable I don't skip any either
Oct 24, 2023 6:11 AM
Nov 2020
BrolyTheLegend said:

The second half is when it gets better. Keep watching.
Oct 24, 2023 6:42 AM
Jan 2023
BrolyTheLegend said:

even I didn't like the first season I think it was mid but once you reach the end of the second season and think back, it was a good journey
Oct 24, 2023 7:42 AM
Oct 2021
I recently watched the entire series and I expected more out of dio the fight wasn’t worth the travel
Oct 24, 2023 7:43 AM
Oct 2021
Eldencheese said:

Horrible advice 😂😂😂🤡
Oct 24, 2023 8:24 AM
Oct 2022
BrolyTheLegend said:

I mean, part 1 is more of "an introduction" to the characters, enemies and stands, so it's understandable if you may find it boring or repetitive since there's a new enemy every episode and some of them even take 2 to 3 episodes to get defeated.
Honestly, I think it's all about the journey. Seeing how they all grow together as a team, how they use their stands to fight enemies, eventually the memes lol, that's what I think makes Jojo part 3 good.
Despite Jojo being my favorite anime and part 3 being my favourite part too, I too got bored sometimes with all those fights over and over but I think it was worth it in the end.
Oct 24, 2023 8:52 AM
Aug 2020
Some people just like episodic series
Oct 24, 2023 11:55 AM
Jan 2021
yeah part 3 is boring as hell, the beginning is cool and the final battle is so good that it tricked everyone into thinking the whole part was that good. Theres a few highlights in the middle section but in all honesty part 3 can be really boring. It took me like 4 months to get through it when I watched it. But its worth it for some of the highlights and the final battle
Oct 24, 2023 12:13 PM
Dec 2015
Part 3 was really weak for me but it really is essential to watch because it shows you all the ways stands can be and occur and how... "bizarre" things can get. definitely gets better tho. You're gonna have those filler like episodes pop up in the middle but stick with it. I think the biggest thing JoJo does well is give you the most satisfying ending in every single part. Istg the endings only get better with every season. I honestly couldn't bear watching Part 6 in the middle, but convinced myself to take a break and continue later JUST so I could reach the end. It's worth it.
Oct 24, 2023 4:13 PM
Nov 2021
I only watched part 1 to 5, and i’d easily say the first part of stardust crusaders has to be one of the weakest due to the villain of the week format for every single episode as well as the pacing but there’s definitely some highlights in there which are good
Oct 24, 2023 4:20 PM

Mar 2021
Yeah, I agree Part 3 is very repetitive and feels dragged out at times (the pacing in the Manga is way better also). But once you pass through it, you will learn to like it later down the line. But that's just my opinion.
In my case I binged Part 3 and just wanted to get done with it, but upon my re-watch I noticed I was having way more fun because I was taking the journey slowly and just enjoying the weirdness.
Idk with my reply is very related with your post, but I just wanted to say I understand the frustration with Part 3, but if you still want to get into the series then just hang in there, it gets better with each part, you might even remember Part 3 fondly after that, who knows?

Oct 24, 2023 9:28 PM
Jul 2021
Eldencheese said:

Do Not skip this, even if it is boring
Oct 24, 2023 11:24 PM
Apr 2020
the plot is so dumb, every episode is the same. Easily the worst part of jojo. the 2nd half has some good fights though, but overall its just bad
Oct 25, 2023 12:36 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to PermanentThesis
the plot is so dumb, every episode is the same. Easily the worst part of jojo. the 2nd half has some good fights though, but overall its just bad
@PermanentThesis just started season 2, looks to be the same as season 1..
Oct 25, 2023 4:44 AM
Dec 2022
Yeah I felt the same way, honestly out of all the parts I watched (all six parts) part 1 of part 3 (Stardust Crusaders) took the most time to finish, I had to take a break from it and came back later, it just felt like it was slow paced and was like a villain of the week story and it was way too long. I feel like part 5 of Jojo’s is also like this but it does it way better and far more entertaining. The second part of Stardust Crusaders was very entertaining tho and had one of the best final battles in shonen
Oct 25, 2023 4:46 AM
Dec 2022
Yakazi said:
Yeah, I agree Part 3 is very repetitive and feels dragged out at times (the pacing in the Manga is way better also). But once you pass through it, you will learn to like it later down the line. But that's just my opinion.
In my case I binged Part 3 and just wanted to get done with it, but upon my re-watch I noticed I was having way more fun because I was taking the journey slowly and just enjoying the weirdness.
Idk with my reply is very related with your post, but I just wanted to say I understand the frustration with Part 3, but if you still want to get into the series then just hang in there, it gets better with each part, you might even remember Part 3 fondly after that, who knows?

Yeah I found that my rewatch of it was way more entertaining, I liked it better than I used to. I was just enjoying the journey of the Crusaders as they tried to reach DIO
Oct 25, 2023 8:10 AM
Apr 2023
BrolyTheLegend said:

same lol Jojo part 3 was the anime I've forced myself the most to finish. part 1 was a good intro, part 2 bearable 7/10 . but part 3 , the fights are good but it gets so repetitive after like 4 fights. It's literally 48 episodes of non stop fights like 20+ fights and most of them get carried by plot armor and then when it's time to die they die with 0 significance and then we move on to the next part. you don't need to watch part 2 if you didn't like part 1
Oct 25, 2023 9:20 AM
Jul 2023
Yeah I mean most people would agree with you but jojo's kinda just clicks even if you don't even think it's that good you kinda just like it anyway
Oct 25, 2023 11:59 AM
Nov 2020
If it’s not for you sucked in, leave me and the boys to our bizarre adventure around the world.
Oct 25, 2023 12:54 PM
Dec 2020
BrolyTheLegend said:

Part 3 is overrated and boring as hell imo.I’d say just start at part 1, part 2 is really fun that’ll get you invested enough to slog through part 3.Then parts 4 and 5 are great, haven’t seen part 6 yet.Part 3 kinda helps you understand stands and how they can appear but it’s very weak, once you get through it though it only gets better so.
liah_Oct 25, 2023 12:58 PM
Oct 26, 2023 1:58 PM
Jan 2021
This is true, but I still think you should watch it for the sake of getting the full Jojo experience.
Oct 26, 2023 3:55 PM
Jun 2020
BrolyTheLegend said:

Stardust Crusaders part 2 definitely starts to pick it up more Stardust Crusaders as a whole to me felt very dragged out but there was some cool episodes that kept me watching
Oct 26, 2023 11:09 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Superdragn
BrolyTheLegend said:

Stardust Crusaders part 2 definitely starts to pick it up more Stardust Crusaders as a whole to me felt very dragged out but there was some cool episodes that kept me watching
@Superdragn season 2 is pretty much the same, and I still don't get the hype
Oct 27, 2023 12:21 AM
Jun 2020
BrolyTheLegend said:

pretty much but the saving grace is the Dio build up and fight in the Mansion it's a bunch of back to back fights which makes makes it good and bad
Oct 27, 2023 1:25 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Superdragn
BrolyTheLegend said:

pretty much but the saving grace is the Dio build up and fight in the Mansion it's a bunch of back to back fights which makes makes it good and bad
@Superdragn i got spoiled on the fights outcome, also im on episode 14, it took iggy 14 episodes to be relevant?
Oct 27, 2023 1:32 AM
Jun 2020
BrolyTheLegend said:
@Superdragn i got spoiled on the fights outcome, also im on episode 14, it took iggy 14 episodes to be relevant?

the stardust cursader Dio fight is probably one of best fights in Jojo's 48 episodes of builds up something like that theres a lot of fights and characters to build up also expanding the Stands since they're new at that point it's also shonen

if you're bored and know what happens with everyone probably could just skip to part 4 idk tho
Oct 27, 2023 1:53 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Superdragn
BrolyTheLegend said:

the stardust cursader Dio fight is probably one of best fights in Jojo's 48 episodes of builds up something like that theres a lot of fights and characters to build up also expanding the Stands since they're new at that point it's also shonen

if you're bored and know what happens with everyone probably could just skip to part 4 idk tho
@Superdragn i don't skip canon material even if I hate it, and I give it a proper chance
also the entirety of jojo gets hyped so much already, so getting into this i am already kinda let down by how it's not as impressive as i thought it would be cos of the hype, as a result of that... im not setting my expectations high for the dio fight or parts 4, 5 and 6 for that matter
being completely honest, Stardust Crusaders has been my least favorite anime experience in a long time
and no i won't drop jojo's

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Aug 29, 2014

182 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 20, 11:21 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

233 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 20, 12:59 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Jul 25, 2014

156 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 16, 10:44 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Akanezora - Jul 11, 2014

127 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 15, 12:15 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2014

130 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 14, 11:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.