Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 4, 2023 12:47 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to SupremeGod
@certainmiracle can you list 10 animes better than Naruto?
@SupremeGod Sure.

Skelter Heaven
Ex-Arm
Redo of a Healer
Boruto

ok just joking, but for real now

HxH, which is in your favorites
FMA:B
Code Gayass
Lain
Evangelion
Madoka
Konosuba
Toradora
Clannad
Bocchi
Sep 4, 2023 12:51 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to certainmiracle
@SupremeGod Sure.

Skelter Heaven
Ex-Arm
Redo of a Healer
Boruto

ok just joking, but for real now

HxH, which is in your favorites
FMA:B
Code Gayass
Lain
Evangelion
Madoka
Konosuba
Toradora
Clannad
Bocchi
@certainmiracle i know someone who said both FMAB and Code Geass are sleepers and boring animes his favorite anime is Naruto and his favorite MC is Naruto Uzumaki
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2023 12:59 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to SupremeGod
@certainmiracle i know someone who said both FMAB and Code Geass are sleepers and boring animes his favorite anime is Naruto and his favorite MC is Naruto Uzumaki
@SupremeGod They have bad taste then, I'm not even a mega fan of FMA:B or Code Geass but they absolutely destroy Naruto. Imo Naruto's kind of insulting with how it handles its themes, it kinda pushes the "if you're not born talented then you're forever worthless", even if it tries to portray Naruto as an underdog. He's not, since he has the most chakra by far out of any shinobi in the series.

This mfer is like a nuclear weapon meanwhile all of his contemporaries are like firecrackers. I just don't think it's great storytelling or writing, and the characters suck. Kishimoto legitimately cannot write a female character to save his life.
Sep 4, 2023 12:59 AM

Jul 2019
Naruto would definitely not be within top 50 for me personally and kinda gets lower with more shows I watch.
Sep 4, 2023 1:13 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to certainmiracle
@SupremeGod They have bad taste then, I'm not even a mega fan of FMA:B or Code Geass but they absolutely destroy Naruto. Imo Naruto's kind of insulting with how it handles its themes, it kinda pushes the "if you're not born talented then you're forever worthless", even if it tries to portray Naruto as an underdog. He's not, since he has the most chakra by far out of any shinobi in the series.

This mfer is like a nuclear weapon meanwhile all of his contemporaries are like firecrackers. I just don't think it's great storytelling or writing, and the characters suck. Kishimoto legitimately cannot write a female character to save his life.
@certainmiracle why do you think Evangelion is better than Naruto though?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2023 1:16 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to Intasa
Naruto would definitely not be within top 50 for me personally and kinda gets lower with more shows I watch.
@Intasa is at least in your top 100 list?
Sep 4, 2023 1:20 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to SupremeGod
@certainmiracle why do you think Evangelion is better than Naruto though?
@SupremeGod evangelion is a character-based show so i really like it, the aesthetics and plot are cool but to me it's secondary to seeing the characters and how all of them are horribly mentally ill. Even Misato is, so the overall theme of the story is something that I find tragic and painfully profound
Sep 4, 2023 1:29 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to certainmiracle
@SupremeGod evangelion is a character-based show so i really like it, the aesthetics and plot are cool but to me it's secondary to seeing the characters and how all of them are horribly mentally ill. Even Misato is, so the overall theme of the story is something that I find tragic and painfully profound
@certainmiracle What would you think if there was an endless amount of animes better than Naruto?
Sep 4, 2023 4:25 AM

Feb 2014
It's not in my top 500, and looking at my list I could easily bump it down another 100
We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons. And for one brief moment, you did. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you had never considered. *That* is the exploration that awaits you. Not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence.
Sep 4, 2023 6:39 AM

Sep 2017
Maybe the 50th? It was a good watch.
But the anime on your forum avatar certainly isn't.
خ
Sep 4, 2023 7:35 AM
Jan 2018
Reply to LostSpectre
@MFDOOMED Filler is a necessary evil, I can watch Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, etc. and skip the filler, while One Piece filler is baked in.
@LostSpectre OP filler before and after Paramount War are two different things. But I get hating what they are doing with the anime. Someone on MAL recommended watching OP by arcs instead of episode to episode and it made it so much better. The Oden Arc was much better watched with a pace closer to the manga. Then catching up to the rest after a certain part of the anime took over a year and that was pretty great as well.

But honestly the best part of OP right now is the consistently jaw dropping animation. It's like Toei decided MAPPA, BONES, and Ufotable can't have all the good press for the best animation. Even with all the repeated animation, One Piece is consistently the best looking anime on TV right now. No dips.

But all that pretty animation is an excuse for the adapting 0.75 chapters per most episodes. So if you want to peace out from OP I respect it. But the manga has never been better right now if you ask me.

btw its a lot easier to say filler is a necessary evil when you watch an anime after the manga is over. Filler isn't a necessary evil. It just a method to line pockets. I hope more manga take the Thousand Year Blood War anime adaption approach. Hell, look at how MHA has been adapted. Filler should go the way of the dinosaur.
Sep 4, 2023 7:41 AM

Aug 2016
Nah, it sits comfortably somewhere around the other shows I rated a 6/10.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Sep 4, 2023 7:46 AM

Jan 2022
No. I haven't watched all episodes of Naruto or Naruto Shippuden and I'm yet to find anything better than Road to Ninja, which is far from my top 50.
Sep 4, 2023 7:50 AM
May 2022
Reply to HigherLvLThinker
Naruto is in my Bottom 50 Anime

It's one of the 20 Worst Pieces of fiction ever created by human civilization only beaten by JoJo: Stone Ocean, Black Clover, My Hero Academia, Jujutsu Kaisen, Tokyo Revengers, Attack on Titan, No Game No Life, Future Diary, Charlotte etc.
@Faxtual_Ghoul with all due respect, people like you are the reason why I hate having discussions about anime online
Sep 4, 2023 7:53 AM
May 2022
Reply to xPerSeNN
No, its not even close.

I can do you a favor and list all the shonens better than naruto without you asking for it:

- One Piece
- Bleach
- Dragon Ball
- Gintama
- Shingeki no Kyojin
- Jujutsu Kaisen
- Koe no Katachi (its apparently a shonen)
- Slam Dunk
- Haikyuu
- Hajime no Ippo
- Ashita no Joe
- Rurouni Kenshin
- GTO
- Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
- Death Note
- JoJo (as a whole)
- Chainsaw Man
- Spy x Family
- Bakuman
- Yakusoku no Neverland (mainly manga, because of season 2)
- Summertime Render
- Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
- Aria
- Yuu Yuu Hakusho
- Saiki Kusuno no Psi-nan
- Hunter x Hunter
- Kono Oto Tomare!
- Major
- Cross Game
- Fumetsu no Anata e
- Boku no Hero Academia
- Gundam
- Blue Lock
- Kuroko no Basket
- Diamond no Ace
- Beck
- World Trigger
- Dororo
- Aoashi
- Ao no Exorcist
- Glass no Kamen
- Dance Dance Danseur
- Ballroom e Youkoso!
- Hinomaru Zumou
- Kimetsu no Yaiba (just anime)
- Pokemon
- Black Clover
- Dr. Stone
- Detective Conan
- Trigun
- SKET Dance
- Inuyasha
- Vanitas no Karte
- Jigokuraku
- Noragami
- Shokugeki no Souma (not counting S4 and S5)
- Reborn!
- Fullmetal Alchemist (just Brotherhood)
- Doraemon
- Saint Seiya
- Yowamushi Pedal
- Mairimashita! Iruma-kun
- Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi
- D.Gray-man
- Baki
- Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
- Yofukashi no Uta
- Tokyo Revengers
- Hokuto no Ken
- Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun

Ok, to be honest I can do this all day, but I'm not that persistent.
@xPerSeNN I haven't seen most of these, but man do I respect the dedication
(Also does yofukashi no uta really count as a shonen?)
Sep 4, 2023 7:56 AM
May 2022
Naruto was my first anime, and I don't think it is in my top 50 anymore but it will always hold a special place in my heart
Sep 4, 2023 7:58 AM

Apr 2022
No i liked the first seasons well enough but after a while it got repetitive and boring to me fast. I still like some of its characters and moments that moved me but i cant say i ever been a Naruto fan strictly speaking as i never been motivated enough by it to watch it fully, i've seen the end and was ok with it tough as i always liked Hinata way better than Sakura as a matter of personal taste in characters temperament and found the conclusion great overall but seriously when they got to Boruto i thinked "damn here again why? its been so long at the mangaka place i would have felt freed by Naturo's ending and want to do something totally different after working for the same story for so many years"...but he seems to like it anyway so fine for him but seriously i think i'm probably never going to watch Naruto fully. And that's why i'm no fan of most long action shonen...way too much useless fillers...still get Naruto fillers nightmares as of today.

Tifa Lockhart (FFVII) - Forum Signature by craftyaegis on DeviantArt

Sep 4, 2023 8:30 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to Shaw07
@Faxtual_Ghoul with all due respect, people like you are the reason why I hate having discussions about anime online
@Shaw07 With due respect, Truth is the most bitter tasting thing in the world
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Sep 4, 2023 9:11 AM
May 2022
Reply to Shaw07
Naruto was my first anime, and I don't think it is in my top 50 anymore but it will always hold a special place in my heart
@Shaw07 brother you can't be serious saying you dislike every popular anime with no exception
jojo, black clover, jjk, aot, ngnl?
(totally agree with the mha take and probably tokyo revngers one too)
you hate them all?
Sep 4, 2023 9:14 AM

Feb 2013
At the lower part of it, but yes. Mostly due to sentimental value and how much enjoyment it's brought me when I was young and first got introduced to it. I have many fond memories of Naruto, ranging from early 00s discussion board RPs to an OC art community that's still very strong on Instagram. Both gave me a lot of friends, just like cosplaying Naruto in its prime times. Neither me nor my best friend are huge fans of it anymore, but since this is basically how we met 15+ years ago, we've got our matching tattoos to be Naruto-inspired. Oh, and I have an ANBU one too, because why tf not.
Sep 4, 2023 9:26 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to SupremeGod
@Aramtheanimeman is at least in your top 100?
@SupremeGod

"@Aramtheanimeman is at least in your top 100?"

No

Sep 4, 2023 9:29 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to MFDOOMED
@LostSpectre OP filler before and after Paramount War are two different things. But I get hating what they are doing with the anime. Someone on MAL recommended watching OP by arcs instead of episode to episode and it made it so much better. The Oden Arc was much better watched with a pace closer to the manga. Then catching up to the rest after a certain part of the anime took over a year and that was pretty great as well.

But honestly the best part of OP right now is the consistently jaw dropping animation. It's like Toei decided MAPPA, BONES, and Ufotable can't have all the good press for the best animation. Even with all the repeated animation, One Piece is consistently the best looking anime on TV right now. No dips.

But all that pretty animation is an excuse for the adapting 0.75 chapters per most episodes. So if you want to peace out from OP I respect it. But the manga has never been better right now if you ask me.

btw its a lot easier to say filler is a necessary evil when you watch an anime after the manga is over. Filler isn't a necessary evil. It just a method to line pockets. I hope more manga take the Thousand Year Blood War anime adaption approach. Hell, look at how MHA has been adapted. Filler should go the way of the dinosaur.
@MFDOOMED I don't see how TYB is proving any sort of point, the Bleach manga is finished, but that's obviously not the case with anime running alongside the manga, where filler is necessary in order for the anime to not catch up. Granted, there's only two shounen still running on that format, so it's no longer going to be an issue, but it was unavoidable in the past. Still, all of the completed shows can be watched without filler, while One Piece IS the filler, and needs a huge undertaking like OnePace in order to achieve a similar affect.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Sep 4, 2023 9:32 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to Shaw07
@xPerSeNN I haven't seen most of these, but man do I respect the dedication
(Also does yofukashi no uta really count as a shonen?)
@Shaw07 Why wouldn't Call of the Night be a shounen? It never felt like anything else to me.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Sep 4, 2023 9:40 AM
May 2022
Reply to LostSpectre
@Shaw07 Why wouldn't Call of the Night be a shounen? It never felt like anything else to me.
@LostSpectre I mean I haven't seen it, but the clips from it give it sort of a slice of life or feel good vibe
Sep 4, 2023 9:43 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to Shaw07
@LostSpectre I mean I haven't seen it, but the clips from it give it sort of a slice of life or feel good vibe
@Shaw07 That wouldn't prevent it from being a shounen/seinen, those are just terms for male demographics.
Sep 4, 2023 10:58 AM
Aug 2013
1. Monster
2. Banana Fish
3. Vinland Saga
4. Attack on titan
5. Death note
6. Rainbow
7. To Your Eternity
8. Ousama Ranking
9. Mo dao zu shi
10. Seirei no moribito
11. Michiko & hatchin
12. Samurai champloo
13. Beastars
14. Wolfs rain
15. One piece
16. Jojo's
17. Hunter x hunter 2011
18. Dororo
19. Made in abyss (season 1 only)
20. Mob psycho 100 (season 2)
21. FMA brotherhood
22. Bungou stray dogs (season 2)
23. Gungrave
24. 91 days
25. Great pretender
26. Odd taxi
27. Cyberpunk
28. Parasyte
29. Re:zero (season 1 only)
30. Fate/zero
31. Berserk
32. Ghost in the shell SAC
33. Hakata tonkotsu ramen
34. The promised neverland (season 1 only)
35. Devilman crybaby
36. Asura (movie)
37. Darker than black
38. Golgo 13
39. Spy x family
40. Gurren lagann
41. Akatsuki no yona
42. Naruto
43. Magi (season 1 & 2 only)
44. My hero academia (season 4 only)
45. Demon slayer (district arc only)
46. Kaiji
47. Chainsaw man
48. Tokyo revengers (season 1 only)
49. Mushoku tensei
50. Golden kamuy
51. Basilisk
52. Shinsekai yori
53. Kizumonogatari movies
54. Initial D (the first)
55. Dorohedoro
56. Bleach
57. Tokyo ghoul (season 1 only)
58. Dr stone
59. Kekkai sensen (season 2 only)
60. Space dandy
~AnimeDownUnder~

Sep 4, 2023 12:10 PM
Jan 2018
Reply to LostSpectre
@MFDOOMED I don't see how TYB is proving any sort of point, the Bleach manga is finished, but that's obviously not the case with anime running alongside the manga, where filler is necessary in order for the anime to not catch up. Granted, there's only two shounen still running on that format, so it's no longer going to be an issue, but it was unavoidable in the past. Still, all of the completed shows can be watched without filler, while One Piece IS the filler, and needs a huge undertaking like OnePace in order to achieve a similar affect.
@LostSpectre You can swap out TYBW with Demon Slayer or MHA. Even the dogshit that is Tokyo Revengers. Hopefully Black Clover will follow the new model when it comes back and not the old model.

I can't say alot about OnePace. I never used it. Since I started with the 4kids dub I skipped to Skypeia and Water 7/Enies Lobby and continued from there. Early One Piece was pretty roundabout, but I wouldn't call it filler.

In fact, I don't even understand as a fan who watched a 1000+ episodes what the point of One Pace is. One Piece does have actual filler. It's clearly denoted and normally a handful of episodes. I don't understand how exactly you can split up One Piece into story only elements unless you get really surgical with it and pick individual minutes in episodes. The idea of One Pace is weird to me. But I also have the advantage of growing up with OP. Next to Gundam, OP has been a part of my life since I read Romance Dawn before the 4 kids dub circa 2003. I can't really speak for people who are trying to catch up to something that is part of the fabric of my life.

That being said, the manga is a lot speedier, to the point, and easy to get through in a couple days/weeks. If you really don't want to deal with OP fillers you don't have to. And if you don't want to, then don't. I refuse to read Berserk, not because of the horrible CGI abominations, but because I already have Togashi if I need a story that will never have a satisfactory ending. Everything doesn't have to be for everybody.

I read some of these other comments and a lot of people defend the filler. That's their right. I don't, I don't give it a pass, and considering how much incredible anime is out there, even focusing only on shonen, I don't see how outside nostalgia or big fucking blinders you can put Naruto on the pedestal of one the best shonen anime ever. The manga tho, definitely deserves to be on the pedestal, Kaguya and all.

Only a handful of stories get to touch people on the level Naruto did and still does. Just because it's not the best anime doesn't mean it doesn't deserve respect.

Also, I said this before but I'm not supporting lining pockets by continuing a show that needs a break. And I say that knowing full well how production companies work and the Japanese mindset on animation from a business perspective. The hard facts are shows become worse when they get extended with filler. Sometimes it can't be helped, like with the original Hagaren. But OP is going nowhere if it takes a break. Covid couldn't stop it, Demon Slayer couldn't stop it, and this new probably mid Netflix show won't stop anything either.
Sep 4, 2023 12:51 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to MFDOOMED
@LostSpectre You can swap out TYBW with Demon Slayer or MHA. Even the dogshit that is Tokyo Revengers. Hopefully Black Clover will follow the new model when it comes back and not the old model.

I can't say alot about OnePace. I never used it. Since I started with the 4kids dub I skipped to Skypeia and Water 7/Enies Lobby and continued from there. Early One Piece was pretty roundabout, but I wouldn't call it filler.

In fact, I don't even understand as a fan who watched a 1000+ episodes what the point of One Pace is. One Piece does have actual filler. It's clearly denoted and normally a handful of episodes. I don't understand how exactly you can split up One Piece into story only elements unless you get really surgical with it and pick individual minutes in episodes. The idea of One Pace is weird to me. But I also have the advantage of growing up with OP. Next to Gundam, OP has been a part of my life since I read Romance Dawn before the 4 kids dub circa 2003. I can't really speak for people who are trying to catch up to something that is part of the fabric of my life.

That being said, the manga is a lot speedier, to the point, and easy to get through in a couple days/weeks. If you really don't want to deal with OP fillers you don't have to. And if you don't want to, then don't. I refuse to read Berserk, not because of the horrible CGI abominations, but because I already have Togashi if I need a story that will never have a satisfactory ending. Everything doesn't have to be for everybody.

I read some of these other comments and a lot of people defend the filler. That's their right. I don't, I don't give it a pass, and considering how much incredible anime is out there, even focusing only on shonen, I don't see how outside nostalgia or big fucking blinders you can put Naruto on the pedestal of one the best shonen anime ever. The manga tho, definitely deserves to be on the pedestal, Kaguya and all.

Only a handful of stories get to touch people on the level Naruto did and still does. Just because it's not the best anime doesn't mean it doesn't deserve respect.

Also, I said this before but I'm not supporting lining pockets by continuing a show that needs a break. And I say that knowing full well how production companies work and the Japanese mindset on animation from a business perspective. The hard facts are shows become worse when they get extended with filler. Sometimes it can't be helped, like with the original Hagaren. But OP is going nowhere if it takes a break. Covid couldn't stop it, Demon Slayer couldn't stop it, and this new probably mid Netflix show won't stop anything either.
@MFDOOMED OnePace edits out the filler animation frames and skips a bit of irrelevant details here and there, just google a comparison and you'll see how ridiculous it is. None of the anime you listed use the old format, they're all broken into seasons, so of course they can skip on filler when they aren't continuously running. Filler is objectively the better approach to the bullshit One Piece is doing, and I've already covered why, but breaking these big shows into seasonals is obviously the best approach. Also, the Netflix show looks like a masterpiece compared to what they did with Bebop.
Sep 4, 2023 2:54 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Naruto is currently sitting at the #155 spot in my rankings.
Sep 4, 2023 3:05 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to KingYoshi
Naruto is currently sitting at the #155 spot in my rankings.
@KingYoshi so there is 154 animes better than Naruto in your list?
Sep 4, 2023 3:10 PM

Jan 2021
It's not even in my MAL list despite that I watched ~80 or so episodes. But it was way back in 2007 when someone had uploaded a bunch to Youtube in its early days and I don't remember exactly at what episode they stopped. So when they did, I did. Can't be bothered to start it over again now but I guess it was alright. I usually really am into ninjas and ninja related things but to me the Naruto characters never felt like ninjas. More like X-Men or something, which I never cared about. I just remember they all had some weird unique super power. I prefer more traditional ninjas in my animes.
Sep 4, 2023 3:19 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Reply to SupremeGod
@KingYoshi so there is 154 animes better than Naruto in your list?
@SupremeGod

Indeed. Naruto is like a low 8 for me. So, basically all the 8's, 9's, 10's I have ranked higher.
Sep 4, 2023 3:22 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to KingYoshi
@SupremeGod

Indeed. Naruto is like a low 8 for me. So, basically all the 8's, 9's, 10's I have ranked higher.
@KingYoshi did you finish Naruto Shippuden or no?
Sep 4, 2023 3:28 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Reply to SupremeGod
@KingYoshi did you finish Naruto Shippuden or no?
@SupremeGod

I haven't finished it. I was not liking it nearly as much as Naruto, but I also only got around 30 episodes deep. So, that could change once I get around to it. I will definitely watch it eventually.
Sep 4, 2023 3:33 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to KingYoshi
@SupremeGod

I haven't finished it. I was not liking it nearly as much as Naruto, but I also only got around 30 episodes deep. So, that could change once I get around to it. I will definitely watch it eventually.
@KingYoshi oh ok then yeah some people say Shippuden is better but some people say Part 1 is better
Sep 5, 2023 6:06 AM
Aug 2013
Reply to xPerSeNN
No, its not even close.

I can do you a favor and list all the shonens better than naruto without you asking for it:

- One Piece
- Bleach
- Dragon Ball
- Gintama
- Shingeki no Kyojin
- Jujutsu Kaisen
- Koe no Katachi (its apparently a shonen)
- Slam Dunk
- Haikyuu
- Hajime no Ippo
- Ashita no Joe
- Rurouni Kenshin
- GTO
- Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
- Death Note
- JoJo (as a whole)
- Chainsaw Man
- Spy x Family
- Bakuman
- Yakusoku no Neverland (mainly manga, because of season 2)
- Summertime Render
- Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
- Aria
- Yuu Yuu Hakusho
- Saiki Kusuno no Psi-nan
- Hunter x Hunter
- Kono Oto Tomare!
- Major
- Cross Game
- Fumetsu no Anata e
- Boku no Hero Academia
- Gundam
- Blue Lock
- Kuroko no Basket
- Diamond no Ace
- Beck
- World Trigger
- Dororo
- Aoashi
- Ao no Exorcist
- Glass no Kamen
- Dance Dance Danseur
- Ballroom e Youkoso!
- Hinomaru Zumou
- Kimetsu no Yaiba (just anime)
- Pokemon
- Black Clover
- Dr. Stone
- Detective Conan
- Trigun
- SKET Dance
- Inuyasha
- Vanitas no Karte
- Jigokuraku
- Noragami
- Shokugeki no Souma (not counting S4 and S5)
- Reborn!
- Fullmetal Alchemist (just Brotherhood)
- Doraemon
- Saint Seiya
- Yowamushi Pedal
- Mairimashita! Iruma-kun
- Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi
- D.Gray-man
- Baki
- Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
- Yofukashi no Uta
- Tokyo Revengers
- Hokuto no Ken
- Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun

Ok, to be honest I can do this all day, but I'm not that persistent.
@xPerSeNN lmao this list is hilariously bad and definitely 99% of them are not better than naruto. I've seen most of all these and I think only Jojo's, One piece, attack on titan and death note are better than naruto when it comes to shounen. You've just listed all the shounen you know not the ones that are better than naruto. Hunter x hunter is debateable, most would agree it's better but I personally think naruto took the things hunter x hunter did but made it even better the akatsuki were better than phantom troupe and the chunin exams were better than hunter exams. Kakashi was cooler than kilua. I can only really say that hunter x hunter had less filler and Gon was a better main character than naruto

To your eternity & dororo are some of my personal favourites, probably not better than naruto though let's be honest. Naruto has the better characters, better character development and better world building. All that stuff naruto did better
~AnimeDownUnder~

Sep 5, 2023 6:08 PM
Jan 2018
Reply to LostSpectre
@MFDOOMED OnePace edits out the filler animation frames and skips a bit of irrelevant details here and there, just google a comparison and you'll see how ridiculous it is. None of the anime you listed use the old format, they're all broken into seasons, so of course they can skip on filler when they aren't continuously running. Filler is objectively the better approach to the bullshit One Piece is doing, and I've already covered why, but breaking these big shows into seasonals is obviously the best approach. Also, the Netflix show looks like a masterpiece compared to what they did with Bebop.
@LostSpectre Pattern break. I just watched the last 4 episodes of the original Yu Gi Oh JP dub. Whether you grew out of Yu Gi Oh like I did or you never watched it, you should give those episodes a chance. The tension was magnificent.

I read that IGN didn't like the live action OP because it was to similar to the original source material. That may be a clickbait article, but it certainly makes me wonder if I should give the show a chance. Far, far in the future after I hypothetically caught up on my massive backlog of everything.
Sep 5, 2023 6:15 PM
Jan 2018
Absolutely, it's my #1. It has its flaws but it's mostly sooooo good & I've never been so invested in any anime since I've watched it
Sep 5, 2023 7:00 PM

Oct 2013
No, it is not on my top50 anime toplist. I had fun watching it, but I got bored and dropped it at some point. Many shows I've seen since I started watching anime felt better to me than Naruto.
Sep 5, 2023 7:34 PM

Jun 2022
Yes. Thanks to Naruto i fall in love with the Anime industry. Unfortunately the ending of that series is very bad but yeah, call it nostalgia or whatever but I'm grateful for that series.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 92 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 8, 2009

26 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto Episode 89 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 8, 2009

30 by bakakisima »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto Episode 88 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 7, 2009

23 by bakakisima »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto Episode 87 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 7, 2009

31 by bakakisima »»
6 hours ago

» To long time fans who know the series in and out:

Rabnawaz2 - Jun 4

41 by Rabnawaz2 »»
Yesterday, 3:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.