Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 18, 2023 5:06 PM
May 2022
Saw this tweet which I thought was interesting... 

https://twitter.com/P1BM0/status/1692294195862724703?t=W87q4DB1r5N3qBzoIVFvAQ&s=19

Do we agree? Has part of this genre as a whole switched up or is their view too narrow minded?
Aug 19, 2023 11:45 AM
Feb 2020
People like that isn't someone who's really interested in these kinds of shows, they just want to bash their fans (who aren't doing anything wrong) and anime fans in general so that they can enjoy their Twitter likes and get validated for 5 minutes...

On that hellsite they always want to exaggerate everything, saying stuff like "the men (derogatory) are ruining my anime", "back in my days there were only good shows", "the east has fallen" and many other claims made on a whim.
Tokyo Mew Mew got new seasons pretty recently, and Precure still churns out seasons, so there's still something for them, they just want to be angry.

Btw I wanted to read it, but I started it today because of that tweet... and yeah it's an explicit bdsm yuri anime, and an enjoyable one at that!
Aug 19, 2023 12:13 PM
Jul 2017
Holy fuck I've been seeing nothing but shit takes about this goddamn tweet all day, didn't need it to be brought up here, just quit talking about it jfc
Aug 19, 2023 3:26 PM

Dec 2010
blah blah blah i'm a puritan who hates yuri and wants to kill anime SHUT UP. I LOVE SEXY ANIME GIRLS. THEY ARE MY PASSION. it's on you if you're so hysterical about cartoon fan service that someone just saying it's sad there's so many compared to girl's makes you seethe SO bad
yikes, cancel yuri.
キターーーー(・∀・)ーーー!!
Aug 19, 2023 3:32 PM

Sep 2018
Found out about this from revsaysdesu. Trailer looks good so that is a ptw for me. Got to respect when the target audience is the cultured ones. 😎
Oct 29, 2023 6:49 AM

Sep 2007
Reply to rohan121
Found out about this from revsaysdesu. Trailer looks good so that is a ptw for me. Got to respect when the target audience is the cultured ones. 😎
Oh rev covered it? Must have missed it. Can't even read that tweet now, it's been deleted. Well, I expect more sh*t twitter takes whenever it actually comes out, can't wait. It's gonna be hilarious.
Jan 20, 6:32 PM

Jul 2016
made for lolicons in both the West and Japan, I pretty much dropped this from the first episodes, I just can't get over the fact that I'm supposed to find enjoyment in watching underage girls doing lawed things, like I know it's just fiction, but am I supposed to look at a story about someone who (R to the A to the P to the E) people kids and than say it's just fiction? or just an anime? even I have limits.
Jan 20, 8:28 PM

Apr 2016
Reply to Raptors0verlord
made for lolicons in both the West and Japan, I pretty much dropped this from the first episodes, I just can't get over the fact that I'm supposed to find enjoyment in watching underage girls doing lawed things, like I know it's just fiction, but am I supposed to look at a story about someone who (R to the A to the P to the E) people kids and than say it's just fiction? or just an anime? even I have limits.
@Raptors0verlord I mean it IS just fiction. Every anime has its own audience so It's fine that not everyone is going to like it.
Feb 1, 8:28 PM
Jul 2022
Reply to Raptors0verlord
@Raptors0verlord

Yes the amount of people self reporting a a pedophile is wild.
Feb 3, 6:48 AM
Jun 2020
idk about pedophile but this is definitely for ppl who likes S&M(like me (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠) ), i was also be like : "yeah show me more that face". However i think i should clarified that i know how to separate rl and fiction so don't worry
zIlverKitsuneFeb 3, 6:54 AM
Feb 14, 5:03 AM

Sep 2016
Target audience are people of culture, not advisable for turists.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 14, 8:32 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Raptors0verlord
@Raptors0verlord

You're an idiot. The characters in this show are fictional, whatever age number has been given arbitrarily.

Also, calling anyone a pedophile for finding Azure hot? lol
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Feb 14, 8:56 AM

Jul 2020
Don't worry, even when a controversy circulates into mainstream media (probably because of twitter), then it's free entertainment for us since the show doesn't have a material effect on real-world issues, just the egos of the people who got offended. If it does have the appearance of promoting something they don't like, then it's not suitable for their preference and shouldn't attack people because of it. We should only be worried if the studio does something against the target audience's best interests to satisfy people who aren't even going to watch the show to begin with, but that's unlikely since it's doing well domestically
Feb 14, 2:11 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to MyllerPhiem
@Raptors0verlord

You're an idiot. The characters in this show are fictional, whatever age number has been given arbitrarily.

Also, calling anyone a pedophile for finding Azure hot? lol
@MyllerPhiem ya everyting is fictional, even if the story was about fathers or mothers doing their kids (ironically they exists) but sure fear not, let's allw these stories in the public eyes and shill for them while reminding the world it's just a work of fiction
Feb 14, 2:21 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Raptors0verlord
@MyllerPhiem ya everyting is fictional, even if the story was about fathers or mothers doing their kids (ironically they exists) but sure fear not, let's allw these stories in the public eyes and shill for them while reminding the world it's just a work of fiction
@Raptors0verlord Yes, let's do exactly that. I assume your reply was sarcastic, but people like you who demand censorship scare the hell out of me. Creative freedom know no limits and nobody is harmed. You don't like something, go watch something else. And never has there been any study that proves the whole "fiction leads to the real thing". It doesn't.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Feb 14, 2:29 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to MyllerPhiem
@Raptors0verlord Yes, let's do exactly that. I assume your reply was sarcastic, but people like you who demand censorship scare the hell out of me. Creative freedom know no limits and nobody is harmed. You don't like something, go watch something else. And never has there been any study that proves the whole "fiction leads to the real thing". It doesn't.
@MyllerPhiem sure, but no study also proved that "showcasing someone eating Dogshit in media would also lead people in real life to do the same" that doesn't mean I want it to happen, I can agree that creative freedom should be a thing, it doesn't mean I have to like the creative choices, also when did I demand censorship? I just think this anime is a total POS and I dislike the fact that people think it is better than it is, I've seen my share of lawed stuff and while I enjoyed some of them I don't believe they deserve to be praised for the wrong reasons, because of course everyone is watching this one for the plot, I believe you too.
Feb 14, 3:02 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Raptors0verlord
@MyllerPhiem sure, but no study also proved that "showcasing someone eating Dogshit in media would also lead people in real life to do the same" that doesn't mean I want it to happen, I can agree that creative freedom should be a thing, it doesn't mean I have to like the creative choices, also when did I demand censorship? I just think this anime is a total POS and I dislike the fact that people think it is better than it is, I've seen my share of lawed stuff and while I enjoyed some of them I don't believe they deserve to be praised for the wrong reasons, because of course everyone is watching this one for the plot, I believe you too.
@Raptors0verlord Gtfo with your bs comparison that makes no sense. You called people who like this pedophiles and you're full of shit if you do that. Drawings are just that, drawings, and no sane person will do anything "real" because of a drawing. If you want to start with your "it leads to the real thing", go on some video game forum and complain about how GTA5, CoD and Last of Us cause real murder - that's a more pressing issue SHOULD your hypothesis be right.
Feb 14, 3:26 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to MyllerPhiem
@Raptors0verlord Gtfo with your bs comparison that makes no sense. You called people who like this pedophiles and you're full of shit if you do that. Drawings are just that, drawings, and no sane person will do anything "real" because of a drawing. If you want to start with your "it leads to the real thing", go on some video game forum and complain about how GTA5, CoD and Last of Us cause real murder - that's a more pressing issue SHOULD your hypothesis be right.
@MyllerPhiem dude, did you even read anything I wrote? or are you playing the idiot role here? your better off not responding back if you can't even responds to my point, it's enough that you can't even defend this show since it has nothing going on for it
Feb 14, 3:27 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to MyllerPhiem
@MyllerPhiem

blegh....

Honestly speaking, I'm actually on your side and agree with your argument here. but the way you talk makes you sound like such an asshole that I want to take the other guy's side just to not associate with you.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Feb 14, 7:11 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to APolygons2
@MyllerPhiem

blegh....

Honestly speaking, I'm actually on your side and agree with your argument here. but the way you talk makes you sound like such an asshole that I want to take the other guy's side just to not associate with you.
@APolygons2 Not gonna apologize. This guy's "argument" has been done so much, it shouldn't be acceptable anymore and to me it isn't, These people are responsible for so much censorship, just recently ruining Persona 3 Reloaded. I'm sick of it. Let's not be silent, let's not be polite. Let's push back against the ever-outraged. THEY cannot discern fiction and reality, THEY have a problem, not we who they accuse of the worst. Sorry if my wording makes you dislike me.
Feb 14, 7:29 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to MyllerPhiem
@APolygons2 Not gonna apologize. This guy's "argument" has been done so much, it shouldn't be acceptable anymore and to me it isn't, These people are responsible for so much censorship, just recently ruining Persona 3 Reloaded. I'm sick of it. Let's not be silent, let's not be polite. Let's push back against the ever-outraged. THEY cannot discern fiction and reality, THEY have a problem, not we who they accuse of the worst. Sorry if my wording makes you dislike me.
MyllerPhiem said:
This guy's "argument" has been done so much, it shouldn't be acceptable anymore and to me it isn't, These people are responsible for so much censorship, just recently ruining Persona 3 Reloaded. I'm sick of it. Let's not be silent, let's not be polite. Let's push back against the ever-outraged.

The issue is that, doing this will turn more people away and is a bigger reason for people to take their side, than their own arguments ever will.

You want to fight against censorship?

you actually don't need to do anything special, just support the pieces of media that don't bend their morals to appeal to the public, as long as there is an audience for it, as long as there is someone out there who cares, there will be artists and people who make bold, or weird shit.

Being rude, and fighting back with this attitude, only proves the villainization that these types of people are pinning on fictional stories for the stupidest of reasons. Sure, I disagree with his points, but I also think this way of going about "fighting it" will only makes things worse.
Also available at:

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Feb 14, 8:18 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to APolygons2
MyllerPhiem said:
This guy's "argument" has been done so much, it shouldn't be acceptable anymore and to me it isn't, These people are responsible for so much censorship, just recently ruining Persona 3 Reloaded. I'm sick of it. Let's not be silent, let's not be polite. Let's push back against the ever-outraged.

The issue is that, doing this will turn more people away and is a bigger reason for people to take their side, than their own arguments ever will.

You want to fight against censorship?

you actually don't need to do anything special, just support the pieces of media that don't bend their morals to appeal to the public, as long as there is an audience for it, as long as there is someone out there who cares, there will be artists and people who make bold, or weird shit.

Being rude, and fighting back with this attitude, only proves the villainization that these types of people are pinning on fictional stories for the stupidest of reasons. Sure, I disagree with his points, but I also think this way of going about "fighting it" will only makes things worse.
@APolygons2 I've been fighting censorship in media for at least 5 years and I can tell you: Being quiet about it doesn't help, because those in favor of it are a LOUD, vocal minority. A minority that the entertainment industry unfortunately listens to.

I already choose what I buy based on whether there's censorship or not, but you need to be vocal about your boycott, too, otherwise companies will draw the wrong conclusions.

And tbh, when someone starts flinging around pedo-accusations, literally THE worst thing to say in our society, politeness has been forgone already. That shit deserves a strong pushback. I applaud you for being more laid back about it. If you really care about the issue, you might think more like me in a couple years.
Feb 14, 8:31 PM
Mar 2020
MyllerPhiem said:

what in P3R has been ruined because of censorship? i haven't seen anything of the sort.
Feb 14, 9:03 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to VelCake
MyllerPhiem said:

what in P3R has been ruined because of censorship? i haven't seen anything of the sort.
@VelCake Original version had 2 transphobic npcs. Apparently a video game can't have IN-GAME characters be transphobic. We can have literal murderers in video games, but having npcs be mean to trans women requires drastic action. Atlus completely changed the scene. Now changes are you'll go "lol that doesn't ruin the game", but I digress. It does. On principle. Creative freedom ought to be defended at all times and just because some people don't like something, doesn't mean it should be censored.
Feb 14, 9:30 PM
Mar 2020
MyllerPhiem said:
@VelCake Original version had 2 transphobic npcs. Apparently a video game can't have IN-GAME characters be transphobic. We can have literal murderers in video games, but having npcs be mean to trans women requires drastic action. Atlus completely changed the scene. Now changes are you'll go "lol that doesn't ruin the game", but I digress. It does. On principle. Creative freedom ought to be defended at all times and just because some people don't like something, doesn't mean it should be censored.

i played through every version of P3 and I can't even remember this scene, that's how relevant it is. Sounds to me like you're being a little snowflake who is mad for the stupidest reason lol
this remake has so many dialogue changes I can barely count, why is that the one you're hung up on?
seriously, grow up. I thought you were going to mention something actually of any importance
Feb 14, 10:06 PM
Jul 2020
This is just an absolute imbecile

Leave bro alone
Feb 14, 10:18 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to VelCake
MyllerPhiem said:

i played through every version of P3 and I can't even remember this scene, that's how relevant it is. Sounds to me like you're being a little snowflake who is mad for the stupidest reason lol
this remake has so many dialogue changes I can barely count, why is that the one you're hung up on?
seriously, grow up. I thought you were going to mention something actually of any importance
@VelCake You sound exactly like the people that love censorship. Stop replying to me.
Feb 14, 10:20 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to MyllerPhiem
@APolygons2 I've been fighting censorship in media for at least 5 years and I can tell you: Being quiet about it doesn't help, because those in favor of it are a LOUD, vocal minority. A minority that the entertainment industry unfortunately listens to.

I already choose what I buy based on whether there's censorship or not, but you need to be vocal about your boycott, too, otherwise companies will draw the wrong conclusions.

And tbh, when someone starts flinging around pedo-accusations, literally THE worst thing to say in our society, politeness has been forgone already. That shit deserves a strong pushback. I applaud you for being more laid back about it. If you really care about the issue, you might think more like me in a couple years.
MyllerPhiem said:
Being quiet about it doesn't help, because those in favor of it are a LOUD, vocal minority. A minority that the entertainment industry unfortunately listens to.

You don't have to be quiet, but being an asshole about it is counter productive.

I wouldn't listen to someone who acts like this, If I was on neutral terms. hell, I said I have a hard time taking your side even though I fully agree with your stance!

and again, I AGREE WITH YOU!!

If you make me not want to side with you, you really have to consider how positive of an affect this "fighting" you've been doing has.
Also available at:

Feb 14, 10:25 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to MyllerPhiem
MyllerPhiem said:
Original version had 2 transphobic npcs. Apparently a video game can't have IN-GAME characters be transphobic.

also, this isn't that big of a deal.

Assuming I'm getting this right, this is some random dialogue that barely effects anything. I would still say it's bad, but this is definitely not game ruining.

Saying so, would imply the entirety of persona 3 was reliant on this single nps comment to work, which.... isn't the case lol

MyllerPhiem said:
On principle. Creative freedom ought to be defended at all times and just because some people don't like something, doesn't mean it should be censored.

so yes, this is bad, and you should be fighting against it... but like, this is minor offense where're talking about. You want show ruining censorship, read on what ever in the hell they are doing with that avatar adaptation.
Also available at:

Feb 14, 10:40 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to APolygons2
MyllerPhiem said:
Original version had 2 transphobic npcs. Apparently a video game can't have IN-GAME characters be transphobic.

also, this isn't that big of a deal.

Assuming I'm getting this right, this is some random dialogue that barely effects anything. I would still say it's bad, but this is definitely not game ruining.

Saying so, would imply the entirety of persona 3 was reliant on this single nps comment to work, which.... isn't the case lol

MyllerPhiem said:
On principle. Creative freedom ought to be defended at all times and just because some people don't like something, doesn't mean it should be censored.

so yes, this is bad, and you should be fighting against it... but like, this is minor offense where're talking about. You want show ruining censorship, read on what ever in the hell they are doing with that avatar adaptation.
@APolygons2 Calling that change "not a big deal" and "minor offense" is making light of the wider implications. Ofc, I understand that this is not per se making the game unplayable, but it's the train of thought of the people making the change that is extremely appalling and toxic. These are the same people that removed the boob slider in Xenoblade X. The same people that put extensive effort in modern games to make it impossible to look up a female character's skirt. The same people that were outraged when villains in Cyberpunk 2077 shouted "bitch!" at the female player avatar, implying it was sexist; yeah no doubt, villains trying to murder you must be politically correct /s.

The same people that are so prude and keep making the industry more prude, to the point where simply having attractive female characters is nowadays considered "problematic".

It keeps escalating, and without a strong push back it will get worse. That's why even the slightest change of such nature is really bad. I won't demand that you care about it as much as I do, but I ask you to at least understand my point. Thx.

More topics from this board

» any wholesome yuri in this one?

tragedydesu - May 24

20 by DX_impulse »»
Yesterday, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 27

136 by DazeFire »»
May 31, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 20

85 by Vendy13 »»
May 28, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo ni Akogarete Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 13

80 by Vendy13 »»
May 28, 10:26 PM

» Curious about Venalita goals

AlexAnonim - May 25

2 by UnknownTwinkie »»
May 28, 4:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.