Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 28, 2023 1:38 PM
Aug 2016
THE BEST EPISODE 😍😍😍
May 28, 2023 1:53 PM

Oct 2008
Yamada saves the day!! damn Akane really tried to force herself when super sick!
we have a new love challenger its: Tsubaki !
5/5.

May 28, 2023 6:26 PM
Sep 2008
WOOF. I have definitely been that ill, I feel for you Akane. Also, I fucking love this trope. Save ya girl, Yamada.
May 28, 2023 8:42 PM
Dec 2022
xLoesje said:
Ohh to be sick and get saved by Yamada~

There’s not much I wouldn’t do
May 29, 2023 4:44 AM

Mar 2011
Meanwhile the only thing catching me when I'm fainting is the floor... Thanks for nothing :D

This episode was enjoyable. Full of cliches but I don't mind them tbh.

I wonder how this new girl in the guilde will add to this. I really hope she isn't a love rival though. She seems decent but we will have to see.

For some reason I feel very strongly with Akane's friend Momoko. Hang in there, girl <3 ^^
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

May 29, 2023 5:58 AM

Aug 2017
No one would give Yamada the time of day if he didn't have good looks.

Akane deserves better, I think. She's so cute.

I like the new nerdy girl coming into the story.
May 29, 2023 11:20 PM

Jul 2021
i think it's high time something actually happened. from the past 2-3 episodes it's been getting boring.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 30, 2023 12:33 AM
Mar 2022
I love this series. I read the manga and I loved that so I can’t wait to see how the series will be.
May 30, 2023 6:20 AM

Jul 2014
Yamada is always there to help. Damn I felt bad how she couldn't even go to the store
May 30, 2023 6:23 AM

Jul 2014
Dickegrobe said:
If the Japanese cold ever manages to spread around the world, we're all doomed.

I never felt how cold Japan is but definitely from all the anime I saw and what my friend told me , I could say i'm happy where I live lol 
May 30, 2023 7:07 AM
Jan 2018
her overworking could also be a factor in how bad her cold is
May 30, 2023 10:47 AM
Jul 2015
GingZ said:
I never felt how cold Japan is

Just in case - I wasn't referring to Japanese weather (which Japan has different kinds of, given its vertical size). I meant cold as in the disease, with "Japanese cold" referring to especially bad cases that pretty much only occur in manga/anime (it's also called "manga cold" or "anime cold").

Mattinator95 said:
her overworking could also be a factor in how bad her cold is

Yes, probably, but also, it's just a trope? Like, almost nobody in a developed country ever gets a cold even remotely severe, while in 8 out of 10 manga/anime, young and usually otherwise very healthy people almost die from it ... as if this was a common thing. In terms of tropiness it's pretty much up there with classics like cringe attack names in battle shounen.
May 30, 2023 5:24 PM

Nov 2021
I really like this anime, characters are good, i enjoy all the slice of life and cutesy moments but i noticed how almost every single character whenever they see Yamada comment on how incredibly hot he is...boys, girls, men, women..when he is on the screen with someone else, you know they will say that he is a walking embodiment of sex appeal
Probably cus his behaviour towards people leave a lot to be desired lol, i know he is a good guy but you could never tell from meeting him
I mean...i get it lol, i got it the first few times it happened
He looks kinda generic to me tbh and i think Eita looks better, that is subjective ofc but yeah...it seems to really want to let you know that Yamada-kun is, in fact, hot
May 30, 2023 8:23 PM
Mar 2023
Runa with her jealousy for a change, but now it's because she thinks they're going to take away Akane, then Tsubaki who left us with the uncertainty of whether she joined the guild and bet her chips on Yamada, or if upon hearing the answer who gave the question "Do you like her?" (Which they didn't show us) she decided to step aside from her because she realized that she didn't paint anything there. We will see everything in the next chapter where we will be able to appreciate one of the most important clichés of this type of anime, Enamorado 1 gets sick and by coincidences of life Enamorado 2 takes care of him because he was passing through XD
May 31, 2023 6:30 PM

Jul 2016
People calling this "best romance of the season" when it's the most cliche/generic shoujo romance I have seen in my life.

Also Momo is such a tryhard.
Jun 1, 2023 5:51 AM

Apr 2023
SouthRzVa said:
People calling this "best romance of the season" when it's the most cliche/generic shoujo romance I have seen in my life.

Well there are some groups of people that like romances that stick to its classic and simple formats than those other shows that has either more dramatic or has more complicated/ambitious stories. They are a kind of people that just wants to chill or relax and just wants to "go with the flow" of the story.
Sure I agree with you that its not the best romance of the season, but there is no problem for me if others prefers this one.
Jun 1, 2023 5:52 AM

Apr 2023
SouthRzVa said:

Well there are some groups of people that like romances that stick to its classic and simple formats than those other shows that has either more dramatic or has more complicated/ambitious stories. They are a kind of people that just wants to chill or relax and just wants to "go with the flow" of the story.
Sure I agree with you that its not the best romance of the season, but there is no problem for me if others prefers this one.
Jun 1, 2023 5:53 AM

Apr 2023
SouthRzVa said:

Jun 1, 2023 5:55 AM

Apr 2023
SouthRzVa said:

Jun 1, 2023 1:23 PM

Apr 2016
Hehe loved the adaptation. Knowing what is about to come up, I cant wait for the next episode

Jun 1, 2023 11:49 PM

Jul 2017
Akane on her part-time work, and persuading Yamada to participate in some convenience store prize shlock, it's just a meeting in coincidence.

Both Akane and Yamada are able to converse a lot well now, though the latter is also beginning to feel for her, though not romantically still. Akane complaining to Momo about Yamada's intentions, and Runa's sudden call about the guild facing a crisis, it's a new girl entering the closely-knit family: someone from Yamada's class. Runa being worrisome about Yamada's new behaviour, and for all the reasons, he is joined by Okamoto and their class president Yukari, who is the newbie in her guild, and it looks like she has an affection for him too, just not much.

Akane has to work the night shift because someone from her work couldn't make it, but a phone call from Yamada confirms his care for her. And all she ever hoped for, was a call with Yamada on her phone, and it's more than enough. But her cold is an issue that stops her from playing FOS, and it's a serious one that no clinic nor person will be available for her if no action is taken. Deciding to take terms into her own hands, Yamada just happened to be there, and aided the girl who is distraught from her cold. Akane, thinking that this was all a dream, it's not, it's reality.

Dreams work...in fantasy, but this is real life.
Jun 2, 2023 1:00 PM
Sep 2022
the ending of the episoded is not satisfactory
Jun 3, 2023 1:03 PM
Jul 2022
I liked this episode
Jun 4, 2023 3:28 AM
Jul 2021
IT WAS SO FLUFFY !!
Jun 5, 2023 3:08 AM

May 2018
Colds are really treated like someone's died here lol
Jun 5, 2023 2:12 PM

Jul 2022
ok but he a minor and that illegal
Jun 5, 2023 3:25 PM
Jan 2023
good episode and jksmaijd a9o9s dso c9odsjm
Jun 7, 2023 11:24 PM
Jul 2021
It's overall a great episode depicting multiple perspectives. Akane's urgency is going to be a major turning point in the story, if everything works out. This anime rom-com is not as dramatic, fan-servicey or high-profile as others in the season, but I like it.
Jun 8, 2023 4:12 AM

Feb 2022
The catching a cold arc. Super cliche but I love it, just as always.
Jun 10, 2023 6:44 PM

Aug 2008
This was cliche so by default is a step down from previous ep which got a smile on my face.  Will never understand how so many healthy teenagers get so sick though, one of the many anime tropes that baffles me but am so used to that I just roll with it.
Jun 16, 2023 9:25 AM

May 2021
That shot, in the end, was as shoujo as it could be. Love it.

Jun 17, 2023 2:32 PM

Mar 2010
1000x better now that we have a third wheel. I hope things get spicy asf.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 18, 2023 4:59 PM

Jan 2021
the ending where yamada was carrying her…I literally screamed so hard
Jun 24, 2023 7:28 AM

Oct 2018
Completely forgot Akane was doing part-time, Akane has got a cold to take care of too but ateast Yamada is here.
Jun 25, 2023 1:59 AM
Apr 2018
Episode with more akane perspective. 
Starts with her calling yamada to convenience store to thank him. Story lady housewife is just like us viewers knowing akane is a maiden in love and cheering them on. Akane had the most cutest expressions ngl one of my favorites was this one 

Anyways, akane is thinking more about her connection with yamda and shes still on the point being  a connection through a game even though its clear its more than that. Yamada pulling her aside from the cyclist and her expression afterwards clearly says it. 
Even the talks with momo didnt help much cause momo put it bluntly she just saying things about yamada not what she herself personally feels about it. 
Runa calls for a emergency meeting, its about a new member girl, so shes back to her possesive, insecure pouty mode being hostile to the new comer, but this time shes much more tolerable (And adorable as always with her antics) , but surprising the new member in question looks like tsubaki, yamadas classmate who seems close to him, which is gonna be interesting. 
The suspisicion is turning out to be true with tsubakis reactions, expression and comments later at the night class and later that she might be crushing on yamada, asking about akane especially and wondering how shes like. (The music during that walk scene in the streetlights was just chefs kiss) Yamada on the other hand his perspective was all over with his memories of her, curious tbh. 
Anyways akane is getting called to work late at night especially as shes not doing well, she still has the thought on her mind  about her feelings towards yamada which had a transistion with tsubaki joining the guild and the books she had on her shelf. Quite a interesting perspective again. 
Ruri gets a call and akane is really sick, personally can feel her being sick and living alone on top of that. Since momo wasnt reachable. Felt so bad seeing her struggle all over with the weak state, thankfully yamada came in and saved from falling. The music again was so good, i swear they just are bang on with and akanes face looking at yamada was perfectly drawn. 

Good way to end the episode. After credits not disappointing with humor poor momo getting wrecked again in the irl dating simulation but deserves it for not picking up akanes phone xD 
Jun 25, 2023 1:31 PM
Jun 2023
I think this chapter has a very good clifthanger. Also, the problem (Akane's cold) has been there very early, so it's not unexpected but even is a good resorce.
Jun 29, 2023 5:21 AM

Jul 2015
Seems like the true crisis was not the new girl joining (I hope she isn't a love rival) but Yamada making it in time to help out the seriously sick Akane <3

Jun 29, 2023 8:15 PM

Aug 2021
it's not a romance without one of them getting sick is it?
Jul 1, 2023 4:19 AM

Feb 2020
So, our hero Yamada saved the day, again :)
Akane has no chance now! Haha... I hope they become a couple before the season ends.
Jul 3, 2023 3:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I really like that glasses girl from Yamada's class, I wish she was the main character xD Anyway Akane is sick... of course it's Yamada who saw her outside lol
Jul 10, 2023 4:54 AM
Dec 2022
The cold/flu episode so we will get to see the two main characters get closer somehow.
Jul 11, 2023 6:47 PM
Oct 2020
This show is so wholesome i love it
Dec 10, 2023 11:19 AM
Jan 2016
the show has good vibe
Dec 31, 2023 3:47 PM
Jan 2016
Truly the best episode so far, I loved the bicycle scene *____*
Jan 24, 3:13 AM
Oct 2023
best series Ever !
Apr 5, 12:31 PM
Oct 2022
such a cute story!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

259 by KeepCalmAndMal »»
Jun 1, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - Apr 1, 2023

280 by ISwearSheIs1000 »»
May 18, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2023

170 by HubbleST_ »»
May 5, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

111 by Aleice »»
May 4, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2023

79 by Sumi-tyan »»
Apr 4, 7:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.