Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 9, 2023 11:01 PM
Jul 2021
I'm a pretty big fan of the series and from what I can tell, most people who watched this movie really liked it. But I heard from some people that this movie didn't do that well in theatres and i don't really know how to confirm the stats.
So, can anyone tell me how was the reception of the movie?
Apr 9, 2023 11:08 PM
May 2016
MAXproARYAN said:
I'm a pretty big fan of the series and from what I can tell, most people who watched this movie really liked it. But I heard from some people that this movie didn't do that well in theatres and i don't really know how to confirm the stats.

You mean something like this? https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-12-20/the-first-slam-dunk-anime-film-stays-at-no.1-kaguya-sama-love-is-war-film-opens-at-no.8/.193124#:~:text=The%20film%20has%20earned%20a,yen%20(about%20US%24309%2C000).
Apr 10, 2023 12:01 AM
Feb 2021
MAXproARYAN said:

adaption wise they did a good job except with some pacing problems at the end ,I am a huge kaguya fan but glad that it did shit in the movie collection , they shld have properly did a S4 but went with money grabbin grunt mentality after the succession of S3, Kaguya ain't SAO level yet .

but rest assured ignore these ratings and facts enjoy the movie art / OST drama everything is well made you will love it
Apr 10, 2023 12:02 AM
Dec 2022
Maybe because this movie is actually 4 ova episodes and who went to the cinema was a bit disappointed because he expected a movie but not 4 ova episodes
Apr 10, 2023 2:29 AM
Sep 2022
bezardo said:
MAXproARYAN said:

adaption wise they did a good job except with some pacing problems at the end ,I am a huge kaguya fan but glad that it did shit in the movie collection , they shld have properly did a S4 but went with money grabbin grunt mentality after the succession of S3, Kaguya ain't SAO level yet .

but rest assured ignore these ratings and facts enjoy the movie art / OST drama everything is well made you will love it

I don't know if you're aware, but there's around 130 more chapters in the manga for the studio to cover so we will definitely be getting a season 4
Apr 10, 2023 2:36 AM
Feb 2021
AntonioIsWeeb said:
bezardo said:

I don't know if you're aware, but there's around 130 more chapters in the manga for the studio to cover so we will definitely be getting a season 4

yes i know that they already showed hints of those happening teasing them at end but this is the besttt part of the entire kaguya show they shld have patiently adapted it movie is great but instead i would love the continuity till school trip as S4 instead of movie

because after school trip for me personally i didn't like the plot much is straight up boredom

A1 already has sololeving and also the usuals like SAO i don't know S4 might be far-fetched in schedule
Apr 10, 2023 2:40 AM
Sep 2022
bezardo said:
AntonioIsWeeb said:

yes i know that they already showed hints of those happening teasing them at end but this is the besttt part of the entire kaguya show they shld have patiently adapted it movie is great but instead i would love the continuity till school trip as S4 instead of movie

because after school trip for me personally i didn't like the plot much is straight up boredom

A1 already has sololeving and also the usuals like SAO i don't know S4 might be far-fetched in schedule

yeah, you agree with you there it would've been better to cover till the field trip arc then make a movie and with A-1 pictures up and coming shows it'll take a while for use to get a season 4
Apr 10, 2023 4:19 AM
Nov 2022
bezardo said:
MAXproARYAN said:

this answer went from peaceful to horrific and then back to peaceful
Apr 10, 2023 7:36 PM
May 2022
I actually watched this movie in theaters. The audience seemed to like it as everyone laughed at all the jokes that were made. I enjoyed it too, but I didn't care too much for the inappropriate jokes at the very beginning of the movie, which I wasn't expecting at all (it felt too forced and unnecessary, especially since these jokes lasted a full 5 to 10 minutes or so). But overall, I thought the development between Kaguya and Shirogane was great. I liked how they both took a few steps backwards in terms of their own individual development before they took steps forward again, and then they eventually developed their newfound relationship together.

9/10 movie for me because it felt a little episodic, which makes sense why they split it into 4 parts after the movie released.
Apr 12, 2023 12:00 PM

Mar 2021
It did extremely poorly even for a limited release. Probably didn't even cross the 5 million mark. Even s3 heavily undersold at just 2k per volume. Meaning heavy marketing budget and a1's studio status that is a massive failure. Kaguya and 86 aren't franchises that a1 can depend on vs sao.
Apr 21, 2023 4:36 PM

Oct 2019
icefirestone23 said:
It did extremely poorly even for a limited release. Probably didn't even cross the 5 million mark. Even s3 heavily undersold at just 2k per volume.  Meaning  heavy marketing budget and a1's studio status that is a massive failure. Kaguya and 86 aren't franchises that a1 can depend on vs sao.
I mean you aren't wrong, but from the clips I have seen from the newer seasons of sao, it is also obvious that they put a LOT more money and man power into it compared to kaguya or 86.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 21, 2023 6:29 PM

Mar 2021
Apolygon2 said:
icefirestone23 said:
It did extremely poorly even for a limited release. Probably didn't even cross the 5 million mark. Even s3 heavily undersold at just 2k per volume.  Meaning  heavy marketing budget and a1's studio status that is a massive failure. Kaguya and 86 aren't franchises that a1 can depend on vs sao.
I mean you aren't wrong, but from the clips I have seen from the newer seasons of sao, it is also obvious that they put a LOT more money and man power into it compared to kaguya or 86.

Sao also make a ton from the movie releases where kaguya probably failed to break even.

More topics from this board

» Miyuki is the best romcom mc imo. What do you think?

Meitaneti_Habib - May 30

32 by Meitaneti_Habib »»
4 hours ago

» A little disappointed

official_brown - Oct 17, 2023

33 by Nanami0007 »»
May 22, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: First Kiss wa Owaranai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Usopp8000 - Dec 18, 2022

219 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:15 AM

» The episodes should get a seperate entry

Aryan-0_0 - Mar 31, 2023

7 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 27, 11:51 PM

» So is there gonna be any new season after this

Rnonsenseguy - Apr 2, 2023

19 by Zynnnsss »»
Apr 17, 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.