Forum Settings
Forums
Shaman King: The Super Star
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 23, 2023 2:42 AM

May 2020
no discussions for this one? people don't know about it or is just a bad manga?

“Reality rejected… synapses shattered… be vanished from this world!” ~ Rikka Takanashi
Mar 23, 2023 5:01 AM
Mar 2023
The problem is Shman King's contiunation is divided into too many parts imstead of a single manga like the original which makes it annoying to follow and kills the excitement.
Mar 24, 2023 10:12 AM

May 2020
Sokapod said:
The problem is Shman King's contiunation is divided into too many parts imstead of a single manga like the original which makes it annoying to follow and kills the excitement.
Yeah i know what do you mean.. I decided to re-read Manga Flowers/SuperStar and i saw some ''spin-off(?)'' called Garden, Marco, Faust and i was wtf 

I don't know if it's worth to read them tho
“Reality rejected… synapses shattered… be vanished from this world!” ~ Rikka Takanashi
May 17, 2023 10:20 PM

Jul 2016
pouckis said:
Yeah i know what do you mean.. I decided to re-read Manga Flowers/SuperStar and i saw some ''spin-off(?)'' called Garden, Marco, Faust and i was wtf 

I don't know if it's worth to read them tho

You can easily skip A Garden and Faust without problems since it's just expanding Faust and the girl trio's past before they become Shamans. But for Red Crimson and Marco, you must read them as some of the plot and characters will become relevant and have important roles in the Super Star manga later on.

As for Super Star itself, well, my biggest problem with this is the pacing is so painfully slow that it's hard to keep your interest on it. It took the manga almost 40 freaking chapters for the story to finally progresses a little bit and become interesting (Even for a monthly manga, this is way too much). The constant hiatuses the manga took also doesn't help either.
May 23, 2023 9:59 AM

May 2020
100% agreed with you .. I was ready to drop it , but i love Shaman King, so i didn't 
Oct 24, 2023 9:02 PM

Nov 2011
I love Shaman King with all my soul (was my first anime/manga ever) Finally decided to read Flowers and continue with SuperStar, but it´s so damn tedious. I just want that will finish soon and be happy for the rest of my life thinking how wonderful had been this serie for me. But, I understand why no discussions if, it would be every ten chapters to comment something hahahaha.
Love & Peace!
Nov 4, 2023 1:51 PM
Jan 2021
I think that the biggest issue of Shaman King Super Star is that it is more political and focused on intrigues rather than on action or fights and everybody expects this second option.
Personally, for me, this is great manga. I love this and the way it take to tell us this story. It is fantastic how good Takei expanded the world that he create in main series. It is more brutal and realistic.

But unfortunately everybody expects another battle royale like manga or they wanted to go back to their childhood when we only wanted to comic panel with cool design or fight and that's not gonna happen.
Takei can create and design great characters, he is very good in creating world and laws that are there, but let's be honest he was always rather poor in matter of creating fights. He can create one epic panel with introduction of some character or spirit, but when it comes to fights they are rather obvious and boring. So I think it is great that he decided to focus on aspects he is good at like, character design, character and world development. Even main series was rather average in matter of fights and if you re-read it today you rather wouldn't be satisfied.

Well it is like it is, for me this manga is strongly underrated by community, but I hope it will be still released and nobody will be interfering to Takei work like it was at the end of main series. This whole series always had rather poor luck and author was forced to sudden end of the story that he tried to tell. Main series and sequel had this issue, so I hope at the third attempt they will allow him to finally tell this story like he wanted to do it. With the pace that he will decide, form that he will decide and design that he will decide.
Jan 11, 3:25 AM

Feb 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Even for a monthly manga, this is way too much

Isn't it precisely because a manga has a monthly issue that it shouldn't take too long to develop? It is weekly mangas that overstretch stories as long as possible.
Jan 11, 4:01 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to curvedtree
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Even for a monthly manga, this is way too much

Isn't it precisely because a manga has a monthly issue that it shouldn't take too long to develop? It is weekly mangas that overstretch stories as long as possible.
@curvedtree Wait, this was actually serialized on a weekly magazine? I thought it was monthly because how slow the chapter got released (1 or 2 months per chapter) lol
Jan 11, 4:26 AM

Feb 2014
Reply to MahiaErebeaNegi
@curvedtree Wait, this was actually serialized on a weekly magazine? I thought it was monthly because how slow the chapter got released (1 or 2 months per chapter) lol
@MahiaErebeaNegi That is not what I said. Also, I don't know if it is a weekly or monthly manga, I was just reading this discussion and I found odd your reasoning:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
It took the manga almost 40 freaking chapters for the story to finally progresses a little bit and become interesting (Even for a monthly manga, this is way too much)

I read some monthly mangas and on a issue-to-issue basis, monthly mangas don't take as long as weekly mangas to develop. Say a monthly manga might take 10 issues to develop something, but since it is monthly, yes, it will chronologically takes basically a year to develop. But a weekly manga would take 25 issues, which is just 6 months, but over twice the amount of issues it would take for a monthly manga to develop.

I hope I was able to make myself clearer now.

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.